Is this a slap in the Americas face? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is this a slap in the Americas face?

1. New Member

Is this a slap in the Americas face?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

The IOC has voted to eliminate two very popular Ameican sports, baseball and softball. This is unbelievable. There are so many good countries with good teams. Japan and Cuba come to mind. Peter Gammons of ESPN said something to the effect that this was clearly a decision to hurt America. I have to agree.

2. USA HOCKEY

i agree with that. what a sad way to 'get back at us'.

and baseball and softball are really really really popular in asia. Pretty sad
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  3. New Member

I'm not usually one for patriotism...but maybe this is the sort of thing that will inspire American athletes to perform even greater on international stages.

...this is assuming the top athletes in the world need any more inspiration to compete at the level they do. Which, I'm not sure they do.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

but lets keep curling.... And under-water basket-weaving, and syncronized swimming?? those sports ****ing blow and will hurt the television ratings...
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

We're still gonna kick everyone's ass in the medal count so to hell with Rogge. I gues this means football will never be accepted while curling and fly catching keep their Olympic status.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by burnuphard
    I'm not usually one for patriotism...
    wtf
  7. Registered User

I agree. Keep kicking the **** out of them. Even though the Olympics are extremely boring for me to watch (I don't want to watch people run or swim or do gymnastics), I still root for the US to mop up, which they typically do.

Take our pastime away from the Olympics you hippie bitches, we'll just whoop you up in all of YOUR sports then.

Is table tennis in the Olympics? I swear if it is and baseball isn't.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    We're still gonna kick everyone's ass in the medal count so to hell with Rogge. I gues this means football will never be accepted while curling and fly catching keep their Olympic status.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    Is table tennis in the Olympics? I swear if it is and baseball isn't.....
    http://www.olympic.org/uk/sports/pro...p?SportCode=TT
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by burnuphard
    I'm not usually one for patriotism
    What the hell are you talking about?
  10. New Member

I mean, I'm as patriotic as the average guy...just not the sort who usually exhibits it on message boards or that sort of thing. Never the 1st guy to flaunt it...maybe the 10th or 11th.
  11. New Member

I guess the only good thing about this poor decision is it only affects the 2012 Olympics.
  12. New Member

Baseball... America's pastime. At least we'll have the World Baseball Classic next March.
  13. Registered User

A buddy of mine was complaining because Sheffield said he didn't want to play because he didn't want to get hurt. My buddy said, "where's the loyalty to the US." The guy is going to be 38 or 39 and your body doesn't heal like it should. An injury could cost him millions.

Then the guy goes on to support Alex Rodriguez playing for the Dominican Republic. Hey, guess what, AROD was BORN AND RAISED in the US. He's an American --- where's HIS pride? I guess since I was born and raised in the US and am german/polish, if I played in the Olympics or this baseball tournament I'd represent germany or poland huh?

Sigh... anyway...
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TenMan
    Baseball... America's pastime. At least we'll have the World Baseball Classic next March.
    True. But even Im not too sure how good of an idea that it is. Why does it have to be America vs. the World? Were already not the most loved country in the world. Now we have to give the haters something else for them to cheer about. If Mark Texiera is the best American homerun hitter than we have major problems.
  15. New Member

A buddy of mine was complaining because Sheffield said he didn't want to play because he didn't want to get hurt. My buddy said, "where's the loyalty to the US." The guy is going to be 38 or 39 and your body doesn't heal like it should. An injury could cost him millions.

Then the guy goes on to support Alex Rodriguez playing for the Dominican Republic. Hey, guess what, AROD was BORN AND RAISED in the US. He's an American --- where's HIS pride? I guess since I was born and raised in the US and am german/polish, if I played in the Olympics or this baseball tournament I'd represent germany or poland huh?

Sigh... anyway...
    Yeah, I've read both of those reports (Sheff, and A-Rod) and I could see where Sheff was coming from, but still... as for A-Rod that is odd. Wasn't he born in Brooklyn?
  16. Registered User

EXACTLY!

Yeah, I've read both of those reports (Sheff, and A-Rod) and I could see where Sheff was coming from, but still... as for A-Rod that is odd. Wasn't he born in Brooklyn?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Man, this World Baseball Classic is only going to be 18 days long. Despite what all the critics say I think it will be a good tune up for the regular season. Listen, alot of these guys play in winter leagues anyways as well as pre season which is longer than 18 days. Suck it up and represent your countries for christs sake. Have you no pride in your respective countries. Think about the men and women overseas who spend countless months fighting for their country. The least these guys could do is takes 2 and a half weeks out of their busy schedules and represent. Give me a break.
  18. Registered User

True that but the older guys don't play in the those league's. They work out, get operations, rest their bodies, etc. I'm all for the young guys goin out and doing it, but guys like Bonds, Sheff, Palmeiro, Clemens, R. Johnson, etc, don't need to be doing it. They have a hard enough time staying healthy during the regular season. I can respect their decision to stay home. I'm sure there are lots of guys hungry to represent the US.. lots of younger guys.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

True that but the older guys don't play in the those league's. They work out, get operations, rest their bodies, etc. I'm all for the young guys goin out and doing it, but guys like Bonds, Sheff, Palmeiro, Clemens, R. Johnson, etc, don't need to be doing it. They have a hard enough time staying healthy during the regular season. I can respect their decision to stay home. I'm sure there are lots of guys hungry to represent the US.. lots of younger guys.
    I can understand that, but If I were a younger baseball player I would jump at the chance to represent my country in one of the finest sports in the world. I'm not expecting these old guys to get out there and play. I'd rather have the future of baseball out there anyways. Guys like Texiera, Hafner, Willis, Barmes, and so on and so on.
  20. New Member

Agreed.
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I can understand that, but If I were a younger baseball player I would jump at the chance to represent my country in one of the finest sports in the world. I'm not expecting these old guys to get out there and play. I'd rather have the future of baseball out there anyways. Guys like Texiera, Hafner, Willis, Barmes, and so on and so on.
    PUJOLS!
  22. Registered User

Me too. If I'm younger, I'm out there in a heartbeat. If I'm 38, 39, no way. These guys have too much to lose.

23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

PUJOLS!
    I'm sticking with Americans here. I'm sure Pujols will represent the Dominican Republic. I'll be damned if I root for anyone else.
  24. New Member

I'm sticking with Americans here. I'm sure Pujols will represent the Dominican Republic. I'll be damned if I root for anyone else.
    I was leaning more towards seeing the future of baseball on the field and not who I would be rooting for. And yes Pujols will be playing for DR, in which case I will not be rooting for him.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Gotcha. In that case we gotta add Tejada, Andruw Jones, Carlos Lee and Guerrerro to the list as well. These guys are still under 30 years old and damn good.
  26. New Member

Gotcha. In that case we gotta add Tejada, Andruw Jones, Carlos Lee and Guerrerro to the list as well. These guys are still under 30 years old and damn good.
    Oh fo' sho'. There are a lot of em' out there (another Cardinal, Yadiar Molina... what am arm). I had a buddy just get drafted by the Pirates and he's only 23... good pitcher, but I may be a little bias . Oh and watch out for Ryan Howard of the Phillies... that boy good. Played at my alma mater, SMS.
  27. Senior Member

Its hardly an attempt for 'them' to get back at 'us'.
    Baseball is not popular in all of Asia. It only has mainstream popularity in Japan.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Sigh... anyway...
    Man that sucks about A-Rod, I could see if maybe he was raised in the Dominican Republic but he wasn't. What a bunch of crap, you'd think the guy would have a little bit of patriotism towards the country that allows gave him the opportunity to make $25 million a year to play a game
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

whatever **** a-rod, scottie Rolen is a better 3B anyway.... Then jeter can also play for us at ss...... Hopefully Barry will be healed and play, man that would be great.... The avatar was only to piss off boston fans after we got a-rod, eventhough that is totally irrelevent now since you guys **** on us last october.... A-rod just doesnt want to look like an uncle tom to his countrymen so he is doing this as some kind of right of passage.....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is this stuff related to the Active in Mass FX?
    By Oswizle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 11:09 PM
  2. Is there a doctor in the house?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 09:14 AM
  3. Is there a doc in the house.
    By Sticks in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 01:14 PM
  4. Replies: 1