Who's watching the NBA finals besides me??!!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Gametime atm, pheonix is about to blow it!! Do or die baby!! All four team are pretty amazing this year. My pick is still Miami though. What's your guys' thoughts??

CaptAmera9

Awards
Gametime atm, pheonix is about to blow it!! Do or die baby!! All four team are pretty amazing this year. My pick is still Miami though. What's your guys' thoughts??
I am just praying that PHX and SA go over 210. Other than that its looking like Miami and SA. Then I am going to have to go with SA.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hehe, yeah I gotta get my bets in still!!!

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Miami (I live there :lol: )

Its funny how everybody says "for Miami to win, Dwayne Wade will have to score at least 40 points." Van Gundy sits him when the team is down, and when he comes back, the team is up 9.

Miami beats SA in 6

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Pheonix is still alive!! I used to think stoudemire was overated...tonight pretty much changed my mind...lol. I'd like to see nash get one, but don't think it's gonna happen for them this year...

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm a Detroit fan and tomorrow is a must win...i think its going 7 anyways

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
I am watching it and I still can't believe that Detroit can score that much. ANd how in the hell does Phoenix only win one game so far in this series. WHat is Coach Brown's problem. I mean he seems never satisfied with what ever team he is with. I don't think that this will cause a distraction within the Detroit organization though because he missed a good patch of games due to his surgery and they still made the playoffs. HE was rumored to be interested in the NY Knicks job earlier this year and even stated on record that the NY would be a dream job and yet the Pistons made it to the Playoffs. SO I don't think it will be a distraction but if Shaq continues to get healthy then I don't see how Detroit will win.

Brock Landers

Awards
LETS GO HEAT!!! LETS GO HEAT!!!!
Got my game 5 tix at the AAA....hopefully we will be lookng to close out the series.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I'm a huge Pistons fan!! I went to a bunch of the games back when they were winning world titles as the Bad Boys. This series will really test them though. If they loose tonight, i think it may be over... :(

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Pheonix is still alive!! I used to think stoudemire was overated...tonight pretty much changed my mind...lol. I'd like to see nash get one, but don't think it's gonna happen for them this year...
Yeah, no ****, Stoudemire is awesome! So is Nash, man he's quick and athletic. But allas, SA is the ****.

Go Spurs!

Last edited:

Brock Landers

Awards
Damn....Pistons worked our asses tonight...although I must say the refs had some rather interestng calls all night that seemed to favor Detroit... but nonetheless, they still worked us

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I'm here @ work tonight so I had to watch the screen refresh on ESPN.com.. Glad to see that Det won by a decent margin. Prince will be MVP if Pistons win again..

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Hoping the Suns find a miracle. Kinda leaning Detroit in the East. Tough life for a Golden State fan...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
i just got back from watching the game...man, both wade and shaq were in a slump. Pistons gave it to 'em raw dog style tonight..lol. I agree that prince has been turning it up the last few games...tonight was just brutal for miami's D.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I like Pheonix, but teams who don't play defense don't win championships. Marion is one of my favorite players but he is standing around waiting for a pass to dunk the ball - too much 'and1' crap. Spurs win 4-1.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
CEDeoudes59, I'm with you bro. I think the Spurs will do it tonight, if not it may end up going 4/3. Gotta go watch the game :run:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Go Heat! I'm a Miami fan (cept for the fucking Dolphins) in all sports. Shaq's been my fav. player since he was drafted by the Magic.

Wade is a freaking beast.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I noticed Detroit players have stopped wearing their rings from last year.

I'd be surprised if Miami takes another game now that they are every other day. Detroit and San Antonio are two teams that get better as they get further into a series, they lock in on a team and its usually lights out.

Spurs and Pistons will be one heck of a series, but an ugly one.

coofoostu

Awards
I like Pheonix, but teams who don't play defense don't win championships. Marion is one of my favorite players but he is standing around waiting for a pass to dunk the ball - too much 'and1' crap. Spurs win 4-1.
Sigh :sad: suns lost. oh well it was a good season.

Rock

Awards
Obviously I am a Pistons fan. I kind of figure they will lose tonight, win back in Detroit and hopefully win game 7 in Miami. I don't know though, Miami makes me nervous. It doesn't seem like they can stop Shaq. But I think they will win if they play Piston basketball which it does not seem like they are doing tonight. I can't tell, I am stuck here at work until 3AM. :sad:

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I'm here @ work again, so I missed this one. Pistons better get their act together. Miami is definitely no slouch! What happened tonight? Were Shaq & Wade that good tonight, or did the Pistons beat themselves???

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm here @ work again, so I missed this one. Pistons better get their act together. Miami is definitely no slouch! What happened tonight? Were Shaq & Wade that good tonight, or did the Pistons beat themselves???
Wade was hurt 1/2 the game and wasnt much of a factor (that right there says something). Shaq was great. He was tough inside and got all of Detroit into foul trouble.

Rasheed Wallace (punk) was a non-factor. He might as well not even played. I'm sorry, but Miami is the better team, no matter how the series ends up.

Brock Landers

Awards
Went to the Game......just didnt seem like Detroit had a rhythm at all. Couldnt shoot well..couldnt rebound...just looked like Miami wanted it more.

Got to get my Game 7 tix soon as I have a strong feeling this is going seven and I dont see Detroit losing an elimination game at home.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spurs are the best team. Pistons will give them a run, but I really don't think they have a chance.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
should be a good series. Hopefuly I don't have to watch so many games on ESPN.com for that one.. I hate shift work!!!

problemman

Awards
re

Id be surprised if Pistons beat the Spurs Miami almost had them beat with 5 starters playing hurt...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Pistons are good in the clutch, SA can choke sometimes. There will be some good defensive match-ups for sure. I doubt it will be a sweep or anything, but the Spurs will take it.

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
Night night Heat....this series should be awesome both teams have a solid starting five!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
What a good game 7 tonight. I thought the Heat gave the game away at the end, they had a chance to pull away with 3-4 minutes when they were up by 5 and had no killer instinct. The killer instinct is what makes champions and they didn't display it. Free throws were huge down the stretch too.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Spurs are the best team. Pistons will give them a run, but I really don't think they have a chance.
Same thing was said about Miami, LA, last years Pacers,& last years Nets.

The Spurs are one heck of a ballclub but to say the Defending Champs dont have a chace.....well, I hope the Spurs come out thinking that way. ;)

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry I just hate losing to Detroit. Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups are the biggest thugs in the NBA. :frustrate

Brock Landers

Awards
Die.....I am with you....But I cant stand Wallace the most.

I guess all we can do is try to keep this group together for another year and just hope that there are no injuries since our entire starting 5 couldnt event get time on the training table. IF they come back together next year...they will be there in the Finals.

No disrespect to Detroit...but what could have been if we were a little healthier.

problemman

Awards
Same thing was said about Miami, LA, last years Pacers,& last years Nets.

The Spurs are one heck of a ballclub but to say the Defending Champs dont have a chace.....well, I hope the Spurs come out thinking that way. ;)
Well Nets and Pacers props to Detroit, Last yrs Lakers though Karl Malone's injury was a little big but detroit was still probably the better team with Kobe Nryant being an asshole. Heat are a different story I think though healthy Heat are probably as good or better than any of Shaqs Laker title teams, better roleplayers and dwayne wade is less selfish than kobe.

Great to see Detroit finally in a big series versus a healthy opponent (crosses fingers for Duncan's ankle)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
FVCK!!!! I lost 200 bucks last night!!! Godamnit....wtf, hte heat shoulda had that game, they fvckin' gave that **** away. I'm so fvckin' pissed...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damon Jones choked big time!

To be up 3-2 and not be able to win the series is pretty sad.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Woohoo, I am actually from Florida and Detroit is my team. I started watching them last year in the playoffs and the way they play team ball with an outstanding defense impressed me more than any other team in the NBA (on top of the fact that I dont like Shaq). No superstars, just 5 medium to upper level talented starters that can do some amazing things. Their bench isnt to bad either. I got to give it to Miami though, they played some impressive ball, especially Dwayne when he was healthy. I dont think we'll have a problem against the Spurs though. Time will tell. Back to back :drunk:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry I just hate losing to Detroit. Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups are the biggest thugs in the NBA. :frustrate
Do you really think so? I know Rasheed used to act like a spoiled brat, but he seems more mature these days. Still not fond of him though.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Detroit Basketball!!!

The Pistons vs. Heat series was a very good series. But like I said at the beginning of the playoffs, Detroit is going to win it all again. I say the Pistons in 6 vs. the Spurs.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Pistons vs. Spurs is gonna be a physical defensive series, I personally like that brand of basketball. I'm gonna have to go with Spurs in 6. The Spurs are gonna win because they will wear the Pistons down since the Pistons have no bench and they won't stop Duncan IMO

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
Whats with Detroit player's being called thugs...Billups a thug where did that come from...Mr. Clutch maybe...when has Rasheed been a thug...he gets technicals but he's not a thug , just very passionate...Detroit is a hard working team and physical the main point is TEAM!!!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Pistons vs. Spurs is gonna be a physical defensive series
No doubt! I'm interesting in seeing how Ben Wallace will play because he seemed kind of out of it the last couple of games vs. the Heat. Though that may have had something to do with guarding a 300 lbs.+ Shaq, so we'll see...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
No doubt! I'm interesting in seeing how Ben Wallace will play because he seemed kind of out of it the last couple of games vs. the Heat. Though that may have had something to do with guarding a 300 lbs.+ Shaq, so we'll see...
Yeah taking Shaq for 7 games will definetely have an effect on any player, no matter how good he is. The tough thing is he now has to defend Tim Duncan.

I will give the Pistons this though, they definetely understand the concept of team play and good chemistry which has helped the Patriots win 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Man TNT showed Ben's shoe inserts after one game of leaning against Diesel, and they had rips and punctures all over them it was just sick.

I can play every day for the entire summer and not make shoe inserts look like Ben's did after one game. Thats just got to suck.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Man TNT showed Ben's shoe inserts after one game of leaning against Diesel, and they had rips and punctures all over them it was just sick.

I can play every day for the entire summer and not make shoe inserts look like Ben's did after one game. Thats just got to suck.
That is crazy. Game one of the finals on tonight :trout:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Duncan is the most frustrating opponent to watch. he sucks except for the fact he's fundamentally perfect and gets all the superstar calls. I hate the dude but respect that he got all the basics down pat.
Manu is philthy. Parker will be the best PG in the league in 2 years. Horry is sorta nice and crams on people still, at age 82.
Detriot really is getting little to no respect by the 'experts'. They'll win in 6. Fast-forwarding to next season, the Sonics will be the 2005-2006 NBA champions bitches!
Sage

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Detriot really is getting little to no respect by the 'experts'. They'll win in 6.
Shiii... What you been smokin' on sage?!! :lol:
Spurs in 6 more like it.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Looks like the Spurs woke up.. In the 1st when Detroit was up by 13, I was like, it's over!! Sure, I knew it was early, but I was so jacked up for this game! We lost our station reception here @ the firehouse, so I'm stuck watching it here on ESPN.com...:frustrate