Which team will have a break out season compared to last season??

elgallotapout

Awards
Looking at the draft and the free agency, which of the following worst teams in each conference will have a breakout season: Miami, Cleveland, Tenn, Oak, Wash, Chicago, Tampa Bay, or San Fran?

I beleive that the team that looks the best so far is Cleveland. Yes I am a Browns fan, but for the first time since the come back in 1999, I beleive this year they attacked the free agency and the draft and selected some of the best players in the league. and alot of the players were not on the radar screen with all of the media hype. Lets check out what the Browns have done in the last couple of months.

Free Agency:
Trent Dilfer, QB Very awsome to have him, yeah he isnt the most glamourous QB, but he doesnt make alot of mistakes, which is exactly what we need in a QB. I believe that he will make a great mentor for the young QB's.
Joe Andruzzi, OL We needed an offensive line. Nothing like a 3 time Super Bowl Veteran.
Gary Baxter, DB A four year Vet with 282 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 Int and 51 PBU.
Jason Fisk, DT A solid veteran to help back up the new 3-4.
Brian Russell, DB A three year Vet with 159 Tackles, 11 Int.
Matt Stewart, LB A four year Vet that is already familiar with the 3-4.
This is just some of the Free agents picked up this year, now lets look at the Draft.

Braylon Edwards, WR Need I say anything, I beleive the best all around athlete in this years draft.
Brodney Pool, FS 171 Tackles, 9 int just some of his stats.
Charlie Frye, QB I was actually upset when I seen that we didnt pick Charlie up in the second round, I thought for sure he would be gone before the third round. I beleive that Charlie was one of the best QB's in the past couple of years to come to the draft. This kid is a field general when it comes to football. and anyone that has seen him play will tell you the same. Stand by and watch what this kid can do.
Antonio Perkins, I believe that we will use him as a punt returner, all I am going to say is 8 td's on punt returns.
David McMillan, A fast defensiveman that I am sure will be used as a LB in the new 3-4.
Nick Speegle, LB This kid is extrememly tough, which is what we need on a team that is injury prone. Check out how tough this kid is: Was coughing up blood at halftime after badly bruising his ribs at Utah, but returned in the third quarter … Lost part of his chinstrap vs. Nevada-Las Vegas, then suffered a deep gash on his chin, which later required stitches, while making a tackle on the ensuing play … Also had surgery on an infected boil under his armpit prior to the CSU game … Had a quarter-sized open wound after the operation that had to be cleaned daily … Three trainers were required to hold him down on the table and perform the cleaning while he bit down on a mouthpiece.
Andrew Hoffman, DT Experienced rookie with the 3-4.
Jonathan Dunn, OT Very solid offensive lineman.

Joshua Cribbs, QB/WR This kid is the next Michael Vick, a lot of people havent heard of him because he played for Kent State. He has three seasons with over 1,000 yards passing and rushing, passed for 55 TD's and rushed for another 38. I know people are going to say that he played for the Kent which is part of the MAC, I dont even want to get into all of the great players that have come out of the MAC.

This is my opinion, I would love to hear what other people think. Thanks for reading.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you don't have them up there, but I have to say Detroit. All they need now is some decent quarterback play, and they will be a damn good team.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd say Washington. The defense is already in place all they need is some decent QB play to be a playoff team and with the weak NFC they could do some damage in the playoffs. Detriot could be ok but I'm not sold on Harrington @ QB and they would have been better off addressing early defense in the draft. Cleveland is definitely moving in the right direction (great free agancy pickups, excellent draft for once) but unfortunately they play in the same division as Pittsburgh (won't be 15-1 but will still be tough) and Baltimore (great offseason moves). You can pretty much throw out any of the bottom AFC teams making a run because all the playoff teams from last year filled holes that they had and the teams that just missed the playoffs got better.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think Arizona may surprise some people and they benefit from playing in the NFC west.

guitarjunkie420

Board Supporter
Awards
we all know my pats are gonna win it all again......but for a breakout team i will say other then kellen jr. being a shithead cleavland looks promising

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really feel that Saban is doing a damn good job in Miami (yes, I am a fan). I feel he took the best player in the draft in Ronnie Brown, along with Matt Roth and Channing Crowder. All 3 players were at one time projected to be first rounders.

The offensive line is still bad, and it all starts there, but I still see them going 8-8 this year in the toughest division in football.

Some papers down here say Ty Law could sign here also. :box:

elgallotapout

Awards
Everyone makes great points. I would have to agree that Arizona is a sleeping dragon and Kellen Jr. Is a shithead that one day hopefully will produce some numbers.

jkaz182003

Banned
Awards
i can't believe none of you picked oakland. they are now stacked offensively, Lamont Jordan is going to have a huge year. their defense is solid too

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think Chicago will get back to the play-offs this year.

They're in a pretty weak division. Green Bay is hit and miss in the past couple years.

Minnesota is also hit and miss and we'll see how they respond without fucktard Moss.

Detroit could have a breakout year and lead the division.

If Chicago can stay healhy and keep their game in check... they should get back to the play-offs.

guitarjunkie420

Board Supporter
Awards
if rex grossman can stay healthy chicago will be good

Brock Landers

Awards
Die....Double-O Saban is doing it right down here. The Fins will be back in the playoffs soon....might take a year or two, but when we get there it wont be like Wannestedt's December then playoff teams that come out early...Ronnie Brown is going to be a beast and Ty Law would make the Surtain loss a little less painful.

This year we will see if Feeley is worth a damn or not...he wont have any excuses if he dosent perform

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
i can't believe none of you picked oakland. they are now stacked offensively, Lamont Jordan is going to have a huge year. their defense is solid too
I would have picked them but they couldn't stop anybody last year on D and they're in the same division as SD, Den and KC. The wildcard teams are gonna come out of the AFC East or Central (either Jets, Bills or Ravens) so unless they win their division (doubt it) I can't see them in the playoffs. I can't wait to see the first time Randy doesn't feel like playing hard and Sapp gets in his grill on the sidelines.

jkaz182003

Banned
Awards
who do you think is coming out of that divison? you think brees can have just as good a year this year as he did last. the best thing he has is antonio gates. a great tight end helps a QB out so much. i think denver is gonna be tough again too, because tatum bell is the man

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I like KC out of that division. They finally addressed defense through free agency and the draft and even when they sucked last year they were still putting up a ton of points on people. Oakland's season starts off @ New England, KC, @ Philly, Dallas, Buffalo and SD so they could get buried early. SD schedule starts almost the same except they also get Pittsburgh and the Jets (who beat them twice last year) on the road. Throw games against Miami, Washington and Denver in there and you have 8 of the top 10 defenses in the league to open the season. We'll get to see if Brees is for real on not pretty early in the season. Denver has to face Dillon, Martin, McGahee, Ronnie Brown, Portis, Jamal Lewis, Holmes and Tomilinson (twice) with cleveland's defensive linemen (thats gonna suck). KC gets those teams at home and doesn't play Pittsburgh so they should win that division.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like to say the Niners, as they are my team.

But, I think Detroit. I really think Garcia is going to be the starter by the 3rd gam. Mooch likes him too much. (This is all assuming that Harrington shits his pants again.)

I just don't see the Phins doing it. They play in a tough division. I don't see the Skins either. Although, they do have a ton of former Canes. Sean Taylor could become a distraction.

'Zona had a hella good draft, and plays in a weak division. They'd be my 2nd bet behind Detroit.

My third would be Tenn. I

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Raiders...........Cardinals..................Chicago.................Detroit all sleepers
Moss Warner Muhammed Kevin Jones

az2u

Awards
I think Arizona may surprise some people and they benefit from playing in the NFC west.
I agree. The team needs to make the playoffs in order to justify their new stadium. I still don't know how Bidwell pulled it
off.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I agree. The team needs to make the playoffs in order to justify their new stadium. I still don't know how Bidwell pulled it
off.
The Play-Offs would have been in your destiny last year had you not played the 49ers twice :p but this year should be better b/c they have upgraded a lot and the NFC west is up for grabs unless the Rams somehow start playing defense

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Oakland will have a break out year and win the west but it may be a battle between oakland and KC. I don't know what the hell Miami is doing. I just think they are one of the worst as far as what they are doing with their personel. I would have traded for Larry Johnson(from KC) instead of drafting the RB from Auburn and thinking about bringing Ricky Williams back. I would have drafted a decent wide receiver and traded for gotten Kurt Warner before he signed with Arizona. Washington will be the same as they have been since the owner bought the team.