Wright vs Trinidad

precyse

Awards
Did anyone watch this fight last night? I was extremely disappointed, it was a very dull and non-exciting fight. Winky Wright just dominated Trinidad with Jabs and a few right hooks and one or two uppercuts, it was basically all jabs. It is probably one of the most boring fights I have seen in a long time.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man I think boxing is dying bro. I heard they were going to fight but I had no interest. Last fight I payed to watch was Tyson vs. Lewis and unless there's a new badass in the heavyweights I won't really watch a boxing match unless I know someone has already ordered and than I'll give them a surprise visit.

djs2000

Awards
The Heavyweight division is a mess. There are rumors of a unification tournament, which would be compelling.

The real excitement is in the lighter divisions.

Check out Castillo v. Corrales.

djs2000

Awards
Did anyone watch this fight last night? I was extremely disappointed, it was a very dull and non-exciting fight. Winky Wright just dominated Trinidad with Jabs and a few right hooks and one or two uppercuts, it was basically all jabs. It is probably one of the most boring fights I have seen in a long time.
Winky fought the way he had to in order to win. Going toe to toe w/ Tito would have been a poor decision. If Wright fights X, that might be the most boring fight of the year.

size

Awards
  • Established
A fun boxer to watch is Ricardo Mayorga but he did lose to Trinidad

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
>> Check out Castillo v. Corrales

Amazing fight... 6th, 7th, 10th rounds make it the best one in years. You can probably torrent it from mma-tracker.com if you haven't seen it.

I saw Trinidad v. Wright and it was a snooze... every round the same.. a defensive clinic by Winky Wright. At first it seems like he has long arms to cover himself up but he really extends his gloves up and only closes his hands to punch. Effective... dull... too bad Tito couldn't figure out how to counterpunch.

precyse

Awards
Yea, I hear Wright wouldn't mind a rematch, however, I am not so sure if promoters would go for it :/

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wright isn't too exciting to watch but he gets the job done. I'd like to see him against Hopkins.

tattoopierced1

Hopkins would kill Wright.

size: I agree, Mayorga is an entertaining fighter, even if he did lose to Trinidad...