Randy Moss or Terell Owens

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Randy Moss or Terell Owens....who would u rather take?

I'm going Moss all the way...Best WR in all of the NFL.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Moss
touchdowns

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Moss
Harrison (consistent)
Holt
Owens
Ward

maybe i missed someone

Last edited:
lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Probably Owens. Dude's got some major strength. Blocking is also a job of the WR.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
They both annoy me, both have very large egos, both are a constant distraction (Moss has eased up over the years though) but both are really good. That's a tough one, but I'll go with Moss because Owens just bugs the **** out of me. Fuckin' cry baby cryin about not getting enough money. Give me a break you little bitch. This guy amezes me every time he opens his mouth. If any of you watch Cold Pizza in the morning I just love how Skip Bayless rips him apart every time Owens comes up.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i watched it, and i agree about owens. skip bayless is a fruitcake though

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I agree with Woody Paige, but when it comes to Owens, he's crazy. He says, without Owens they wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl. Give me a break. He missed the entire playoffs up until the Super Bowl. And the last three years they made it to the NFC Championship? They don't need him. Let him hold out. We all know he be there for the regular season regardless. This guy lives for the spotlight. BTW, their first game is against his former team, I don't think he'll want to miss that.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Moss is going to get his due this season. He went to the wrong division. Between Champ Baily covering his ass and John Lynch knocking his head off, he will probably retire after this season.

Go Broncos:D

cobra1414

Awards
moss

and moss has been burning Lynch ever since he was a rookie, and champ didn't fare to well either the few times they met

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I agree with Woody Paige, but when it comes to Owens, he's crazy. He says, without Owens they wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl. Give me a break. He missed the entire playoffs up until the Super Bowl. And the last three years they made it to the NFC Championship? They don't need him. Let him hold out. We all know he be there for the regular season regardless. This guy lives for the spotlight. BTW, their first game is against his former team, I don't think he'll want to miss that.
i agree, the Patriots don't have a stud wideout and their passing game is fine. 2 good recievers are more valuable than 1 great reciever. Except if that reciever is a touchdown threat like Moss.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
not that Owens isn't a TD threat - but he doesn't spread the field like Moss. Owens is a possession reciever with big play (YAC yards after catch) ability

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
from a MN guy, Moss isn't close to the consistent threat that Owens is. play after play you can look for Owens. if you need a catch, look for Owens. there's just way too many times Moss isn't playing hard, isn't running the right route, or has alligator arms.

Moss was nice to have becaue of his big play, throw the ball UP ability, but I'd rather have a vicious worker who just flat out works his ass off every play, like Owens.

just my opinion... I mean, Moss still puts up great numbers though

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
The Birds scored more points without Owens(2003) than with(2004).. He added the quick strike.. But now he will get spanked by the Birds.. It is a shame he owned this city after the SB.

mybadodge

Awards
Moss is going to get his due this season. He went to the wrong division. Between Champ Baily covering his ass and John Lynch knocking his head off, he will probably retire after this season.

Go Broncos:D
please, Porter made champ his Bitch, what u think moss is gonna do to him? champ is overrated

go raiders!!!!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
from a MN guy, Moss isn't close to the consistent threat that Owens is. play after play you can look for Owens. if you need a catch, look for Owens. there's just way too many times Moss isn't playing hard, isn't running the right route, or has alligator arms.

Moss was nice to have becaue of his big play, throw the ball UP ability, but I'd rather have a vicious worker who just flat out works his ass off every play, like Owens.

just my opinion... I mean, Moss still puts up great numbers though
I agree Moss never did much against Vincent/Taylor or Sheppard/Brown.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
More proof that Skip Bayless is a complete moron. (As if you needed any.)
"Give me Culpepper because a) he's a much more accurate and accomplished passer than McNabb and b) he has Randy Moss, who's in a league of his own. Terrell Owens couldn't carry Moss' chinstrap. Moss is faster, jumps higher, is more athletic and has better hands. Moss rises to the occasion; Owens' arms shrink under big-game pressure." :icon_lol: :rofl:

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chump Bailey overrated big time..........

Moss
Owens
Holt
Chad Johnson
Harrison (Marvelous Marvin would be higher but Reggie Wayne has taken TD's away)
Ward

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
please, Porter made champ his Bitch, what u think moss is gonna do to him? champ is overrated

go raiders!!!!
I watched Champ for years in DC. He overrated for his coverage, but underrated for his tackling. I think hes better than Charles Woodson though.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Chump Bailey overrated big time..........

Moss
Owens
Holt
Chad Johnson
Harrison (Marvelous Marvin would be higher but Reggie Wayne has taken TD's away)
Ward

Chad is good, he needs a few more years and a playoff game or two to be over Harrison I feel. Other notables: Eric Moulds, Derrick Mason, Keenan McCardell (<--- Most Underrated!).

modified7

Banned
Awards
harrison the other two can fucking die .tired of hearing them whine and cry on tv about what they should get or what they should do . they should stfu and play the game and stop being fucking panseys. they already make plenty and only one of them you could say works hard (owens) and moss is just a **** up.lost 2 full rides in college before playing for lowley marshall and making it big in the nfl.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Owens. He doesn't take plays off, he blocks, he plays injuried when he shouldn't be on the field, he is a degp threat (posession reciever?!?!?! Are you nuts?) and he has better abolity after the catch.

Moss is faster, can jump higher but can't block and can't take a hit. And don't even think he would play injuried.

I hate that he is holding out but he should make more per season than what he is now. I hate the whole situation but that is the modern day athlete. Almost 90% of the athletes in every sport would do the same thing if they had an MVP type season. If he gets what he wants and plays like he did last year, the fans won't give two shits about the offseason.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
personality problems aside i think Owens is more valuable on the field

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
personality problems aside i think Owens is more valuable on the field
I agree, but Owens is a cancer. Maybe Owens should take a look at Tom Brady's selfless act. He took like 4 million less than he could have just to make cap room for another player or two. A winner and a class act in my book.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sure they made it up to him somehow. You just don't here about it. And talk about cancers, Moss walked off the field.

You couldn't drag Owens off.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
harrison the other two can fucking die .tired of hearing them whine and cry on tv about what they should get or what they should do . they should stfu and play the game and stop being fucking panseys. they already make plenty and only one of them you could say works hard (owens) and moss is just a **** up.lost 2 full rides in college before playing for lowley marshall and making it big in the nfl.
harrison never bitched on camera, the media stirred that up because the story got leaked. Owens, however, needs an extra 2.5million dollars to feed his starving family.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of the Brady deal, looking at the numbers he will make out REAL well.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8466188
He deserves it though. Still getting paid less than Manning and Vick.

Owens, however, needs an extra 2.5million dollars to feed his starving family.
$42 million for seven years, including a $10 million signing bonus. Hey Terrell, how much more do you need to feed your family...jackass. Maybe he should have thought about this before he signed the contract. Because he didn't hold out for more before he signed the contract, his family will starve now. :rolleyes:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Damn everyone hatin on my boy Owens. The man is a physical specimen. He's a receiver that actually blocks because he weighs more then 160lbs. No one matches up to him. From what we saw in the superbowl no one should doubt his work ethic or ability.

Sure sometimes he acts like a cocky bastard but come on do you guys actually think he's like that in REAL life. I met the man a few months back while at a fundraiser in philly and he's the most down to earth guy you'll meet. I think most get wrapped up in his "ON" camera persona and don't realize what you see on TV is a character. He markets himself with the best of them and that's it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Damn everyone hatin on my boy Owens. The man is a physical specimen. He's a receiver that actually blocks because he weighs more then 160lbs. No one matches up to him. From what we saw in the superbowl no one should doubt his work ethic or ability.
I'm not questioning him as a player at all. He just needs to shut the hell up, quit bitchin' and play the damn game. What happened to the guy who came from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and got drafted by the Niners back in 96'? Back then he played the game and was a pretty quiet guy. Apparently his ego got the best of him.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Owens will not get more money and should not get it.

Last year only 2 teams bid for him.Baltimore, who wouldn`t give him a new contract and Philly who did. The Eagles could have sat back and waited for the
arbitrator to set him free.. Which would have happened.. the NFL violated the wording in his contract as far as the changing the date for the paper work after his contract was already signed.. But the NFL office told all 3 teams to work something out... anyhow the Birds only lost a draft pick and B. Whiting who is no longer a 9er anyhow.

Look at the structure of Mannings contract for one.. 15 million signing bonus and in the second year a 700,00 salary this is the way it`s done.. High bonus, low salary in second year... TO gets 8.5 and then 3.5 the second year.. Then 5mill roster bonus in March next year for a total of 18 in 3 years.. This makes him the 3rd or 2nd highest paid receiver in the game depending on how you add up Moss and Harrison... But TO does`nt want to be paid WO money he wants QB money and it ain`t gonna happen. Or maybe he thinks he should be the highest paid player in the game! You know Rosenhaus does:lol:

Then he has the balls to say I am only looking out for my family?!?!?!!!! What??!?!!! He is set for life already.. WIP is having a food drive for TO so he can take care of his family... When the Birds got him I always said" Wait and see how he acts next year, that is when we will see the real TO." nOW WE DO ... iT`s ME..ME...ME...ME... Screw him and let him sit all year...However he will be back by Nov.. in order to get his roster bonus in March :rofl:

Then he knocks D. Mc about being tired.. WTF.. CSN runs the Cataldi show which had a local beat writer on.. he went back and watched the entire SB on tape and showed what happened.. On the play where 5 fumbles the snap Bruschi (this not an indictment of him or his play) tackles 5 and his knee is driven into 5`s kidney region.. now anyone who has taken a rabbit punch knows this will knock you on your ass.. But 5 stumbles to the huddle and continues to play.... And have you heard anything about this from 5... NO! Why? He is a team player and a MAN!

Cancer? NO! Pain in the ASS? Yes! Team player? Yea right!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i knew the guy was trouble when he ran out to the star at Texas stadium 2 times in 1 game - but that made him a fan favorite. Hey, I liked him too. His 2nd year in San Fransisco, he went on and on about his license plate that said "Xposure". Telling everyone "I'm better than Keyshawn Johnson, and I'm just trying to get exposure". People started liking him because he was the newest NFL star. But since then he proved to be a cancer which included: getting his coach fired and calling his former QB (garcia) a 'faggot' on his website.

what a quality teammate.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
If he gets what he wants and plays like he did last year, the fans won't give two shits about the offseason.
Bobo, you know and I know that he has set the bar extremely high for himself (especially for Philadelphia). This is the guy that is bitching when the Eagles were 8-0 but McNabb wasn't looking his way 'enough'. A couple of dropped balls and Philly fans will be throwing batteries at him (and in this case they may be justified). please agree with me here...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
moss and owens are both cancers. But Moss is slightly better but I choose Torry Holt. The Eagles can win the superbowl without Terrell Owens. And the Vikings can win the superbowl without Randy Moss. Prime example, the Patriots won the superbowl(s) without a big name reciever.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
moss and owens are both cancers. But Moss is slightly better but I choose Torry Holt. The Eagles can win the superbowl without Terrell Owens. And the Vikings can win the superbowl without Randy Moss. Prime example, the Patriots won the superbowl(s) without a big name reciever.
In all actuallity I don't think any one player will win you a Super Bowl. The Pats are winners because they have fantastic team chemistry, unselfishness (the abilty to go for less money in order to keep that chemistry going) and the team is chalked full of overachievers. No one player (besides Brady MAYBE) really jumps out at you as being the opitomy of greatness.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Rosenhaus was jusst on CSN and said TO won`t talk anymore because the FANS are taking it wrong.. Bwhahaaaaaaaa..

Owens is not a cancer.. if he shows up and has as good a season as last year all will be forgiven in Philly!

AI is loved in Philly even with all his "Practice? We`re talking about PRACTICE?" bs. Because every night he lays it on the line..

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
AI is loved in Philly even with all his "Practice? We`re talking about PRACTICE?" bs. Because every night he lays it on the line..
iverson's contract is enough to feed his family too. No complaints about AI, but he should be moved to shooting guard and the 69ers should find a pass-first point guard.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Owens is one of those guys that got that label of being an ass and that's how anything he ever says is going to be taken. It's not the case at all. He's one of the most likeable guys and almost all of his teammates have expressed how much they like TO.

Moss on the other hand is an asshole.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo, you know and I know that he has set the bar extremely high for himself (especially for Philadelphia). This is the guy that is bitching when the Eagles were 8-0 but McNabb wasn't looking his way 'enough'. A couple of dropped balls and Philly fans will be throwing batteries at him (and in this case they may be justified). please agree with me here...
Bro,

First of all even when tehy were 8-0 the fans themselves didn't care because even if they went 16-0, if they didn't win the SuperBowl they failed.

If I had Pinkston and Mitchell on the other side, I would want to ball more too.

I don't give a **** what the guy says or does off the field (business wise). The guy flat out busts his ass on the field and leaves everything he has on the field. And he was partioally right, he WASN'T tired during the Superbowl. If I busted my ass to get back from a broken leg and my teamates were "tired" I would be one pissed off guy myself. But you don't say that in public and that is what he did wrong.

I just find it funny that everyone rips on the guy for wanting more money. That is what capitalism is about. Everyone has the "holier than thou" attitude when its not THEIR money being talked about but if if your money you would be scrathcing and clawing for every dime. Everyone is a saint when its not THEIR money.

Owens a cancer? They just had their best year last year and check Mcnabbs numbers with and without TO. Its not the player that is the cancer, its the business of the game that is the cancer and it involves every player out there.

I don't have a problem with anyone asking for more money as long as they are woth it and IMO he is worth every cent. He is a horse, plain and simple.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i knew the guy was trouble when he ran out to the star at Texas stadium 2 times in 1 game - but that made him a fan favorite. Hey, I liked him too. His 2nd year in San Fransisco, he went on and on about his license plate that said "Xposure". Telling everyone "I'm better than Keyshawn Johnson, and I'm just trying to get exposure". People started liking him because he was the newest NFL star. But since then he proved to be a cancer which included: getting his coach fired and calling his former QB (garcia) a 'faggot' on his website.

what a quality teammate.
He is better than Keyshawn and what has Garcia done lately.

He was right on all accounts. The one thing he does is back up what he says. He's not a blowhard like FredX who talks more **** than anyone and does so little.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
amen brutha, sing on!

Bro,

First of all even when tehy were 8-0 the fans themselves didn't care because even if they went 16-0, if they didn't win the SuperBowl they failed.

If I had Pinkston and Mitchell on the other side, I would want to ball more too.

I don't give a **** what the guy says or does off the field (business wise). The guy flat out busts his ass on the field and leaves everything he has on the field. And he was partioally right, he WASN'T tired during the Superbowl. If I busted my ass to get back from a broken leg and my teamates were "tired" I would be one pissed off guy myself. But you don't say that in public and that is what he did wrong.

I just find it funny that everyone rips on the guy for wanting more money. That is what capitalism is about. Everyone has the "holier than thou" attitude when its not THEIR money being talked about but if if your money you would be scrathcing and clawing for every dime. Everyone is a saint when its not THEIR money.

Owens a cancer? They just had their best year last year and check Mcnabbs numbers with and without TO. Its not the player that is the cancer, its the business of the game that is the cancer and it involves every player out there.

I don't have a problem with anyone asking for more money as long as they are woth it and IMO he is worth every cent. He is a horse, plain and simple.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
He is better than Keyshawn and what has Garcia done lately.

He was right on all accounts. The one thing he does is back up what he says. He's not a blowhard like FredX who talks more **** than anyone and does so little.
I agree. But say he gets his money, will he shut his mouth then? How would you feel if you were McNabb? I think the comments attack McNabb serve no constructive purpose.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I agree. But say he gets his money, will he shut his mouth then? How would you feel if you were McNabb? I think the comments attack McNabb serve no constructive purpose.
One, Owens WILL NOT get his money, that's a "non-issue". And he did throw Mcnabb under the bus. Who cares if he's great. He's greedy and selfish. I'm glad we got rid of his ass. I was tiring of his antics and constant whining and moaning.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I already stated that he shouldn't have said it publically, but in all honestly, he did have a point.

You shouldn't have to go through rehab like he did and train injuried to have your own teamates tire out on you in the biggest game of their career. I can assure one thing, you won't see Mcnabb tire out again after those comments.

They renegotiaoted Mcnabb's contract 2 years ago, why can't they do his? The guy did everything and MORE last year. Every doctor out there said the guy should not be on the field. He risked his whole career (and MILLIONS) for that game. The least you can do is shown SOME sort of flexbility. He hasn't missed a game or trianing camp yet but people are ready to hang him already.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Philly needs a 2nd option. with or without owens. Best move was cutting Mitchell.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One, Owens WILL NOT get his money, that's a "non-issue". And he did throw Mcnabb under the bus. Who cares if he's great. He's greedy and selfish. I'm glad we got rid of his ass. I was tiring of his antics and constant whining and moaning.
Yeah, your team is doing great without him.

Who care if he is great?

Jesus, someone is REALLY bitter.

Yeah I remember his constant whining and moaning last year with the Eagles. Oh thats right, it didn't happen. If I had a front office like San Fran, I would bitch and moan all day too.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Why was Freddie Mitchell so popular? I never got that.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think for the most part, he was entertaining and never really said that much **** about other teams, just himself. When he called out Rodney, posted a donut, then he became an idiot.

He did make some big catches at points and was a good 3rd donw reciever at times. Its remeniscent of Brian MItchell. People liked him as well but then when he called Simeon Rice soft before the NFL Champ game and they lost again, he was an idiot as well.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
True, York is a horrible owner. But I highly doubt if for some reason they had kept Owens, they would have been any better. We just would have heard more bitching.
Freddie Mitchell was popular? :lol: