Randy Moss or Terell Owens

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Damn everyone hatin on my boy Owens. The man is a physical specimen. He's a receiver that actually blocks because he weighs more then 160lbs. No one matches up to him. From what we saw in the superbowl no one should doubt his work ethic or ability.
    I'm not questioning him as a player at all. He just needs to shut the hell up, quit bitchin' and play the damn game. What happened to the guy who came from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and got drafted by the Niners back in 96'? Back then he played the game and was a pretty quiet guy. Apparently his ego got the best of him.


  2. Owens will not get more money and should not get it.

    Last year only 2 teams bid for him.Baltimore, who wouldn`t give him a new contract and Philly who did. The Eagles could have sat back and waited for the
    arbitrator to set him free.. Which would have happened.. the NFL violated the wording in his contract as far as the changing the date for the paper work after his contract was already signed.. But the NFL office told all 3 teams to work something out... anyhow the Birds only lost a draft pick and B. Whiting who is no longer a 9er anyhow.

    Look at the structure of Mannings contract for one.. 15 million signing bonus and in the second year a 700,00 salary this is the way it`s done.. High bonus, low salary in second year... TO gets 8.5 and then 3.5 the second year.. Then 5mill roster bonus in March next year for a total of 18 in 3 years.. This makes him the 3rd or 2nd highest paid receiver in the game depending on how you add up Moss and Harrison... But TO does`nt want to be paid WO money he wants QB money and it ain`t gonna happen. Or maybe he thinks he should be the highest paid player in the game! You know Rosenhaus does

    Then he has the balls to say I am only looking out for my family?!?!?!!!! What??!?!!! He is set for life already.. WIP is having a food drive for TO so he can take care of his family... When the Birds got him I always said" Wait and see how he acts next year, that is when we will see the real TO." nOW WE DO ... iT`s ME..ME...ME...ME... Screw him and let him sit all year...However he will be back by Nov.. in order to get his roster bonus in March

    Then he knocks D. Mc about being tired.. WTF.. CSN runs the Cataldi show which had a local beat writer on.. he went back and watched the entire SB on tape and showed what happened.. On the play where 5 fumbles the snap Bruschi (this not an indictment of him or his play) tackles 5 and his knee is driven into 5`s kidney region.. now anyone who has taken a rabbit punch knows this will knock you on your ass.. But 5 stumbles to the huddle and continues to play.... And have you heard anything about this from 5... NO! Why? He is a team player and a MAN!

    Cancer? NO! Pain in the ASS? Yes! Team player? Yea right!
    •   
       


  3. i knew the guy was trouble when he ran out to the star at Texas stadium 2 times in 1 game - but that made him a fan favorite. Hey, I liked him too. His 2nd year in San Fransisco, he went on and on about his license plate that said "Xposure". Telling everyone "I'm better than Keyshawn Johnson, and I'm just trying to get exposure". People started liking him because he was the newest NFL star. But since then he proved to be a cancer which included: getting his coach fired and calling his former QB (garcia) a '***got' on his website.

    what a quality teammate.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    If he gets what he wants and plays like he did last year, the fans won't give two ****s about the offseason.
    Bobo, you know and I know that he has set the bar extremely high for himself (especially for Philadelphia). This is the guy that is bitching when the Eagles were 8-0 but McNabb wasn't looking his way 'enough'. A couple of dropped balls and Philly fans will be throwing batteries at him (and in this case they may be justified). please agree with me here...
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  5. moss and owens are both cancers. But Moss is slightly better but I choose Torry Holt. The Eagles can win the superbowl without Terrell Owens. And the Vikings can win the superbowl without Randy Moss. Prime example, the Patriots won the superbowl(s) without a big name reciever.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    moss and owens are both cancers. But Moss is slightly better but I choose Torry Holt. The Eagles can win the superbowl without Terrell Owens. And the Vikings can win the superbowl without Randy Moss. Prime example, the Patriots won the superbowl(s) without a big name reciever.
    In all actuallity I don't think any one player will win you a Super Bowl. The Pats are winners because they have fantastic team chemistry, unselfishness (the abilty to go for less money in order to keep that chemistry going) and the team is chalked full of overachievers. No one player (besides Brady MAYBE) really jumps out at you as being the opitomy of greatness.

  7. Rosenhaus was jusst on CSN and said TO won`t talk anymore because the FANS are taking it wrong.. Bwhahaaaaaaaa..

    Owens is not a cancer.. if he shows up and has as good a season as last year all will be forgiven in Philly!

    AI is loved in Philly even with all his "Practice? We`re talking about PRACTICE?" bs. Because every night he lays it on the line..

  8. Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    AI is loved in Philly even with all his "Practice? We`re talking about PRACTICE?" bs. Because every night he lays it on the line..
    iverson's contract is enough to feed his family too. No complaints about AI, but he should be moved to shooting guard and the 69ers should find a pass-first point guard.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  9. Owens is one of those guys that got that label of being an ass and that's how anything he ever says is going to be taken. It's not the case at all. He's one of the most likeable guys and almost all of his teammates have expressed how much they like TO.

    Moss on the other hand is an *******.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    Bobo, you know and I know that he has set the bar extremely high for himself (especially for Philadelphia). This is the guy that is bitching when the Eagles were 8-0 but McNabb wasn't looking his way 'enough'. A couple of dropped balls and Philly fans will be throwing batteries at him (and in this case they may be justified). please agree with me here...
    Bro,

    First of all even when tehy were 8-0 the fans themselves didn't care because even if they went 16-0, if they didn't win the SuperBowl they failed.

    If I had Pinkston and Mitchell on the other side, I would want to ball more too.

    I don't give a **** what the guy says or does off the field (business wise). The guy flat out busts his ass on the field and leaves everything he has on the field. And he was partioally right, he WASN'T tired during the Superbowl. If I busted my ass to get back from a broken leg and my teamates were "tired" I would be one pissed off guy myself. But you don't say that in public and that is what he did wrong.

    I just find it funny that everyone rips on the guy for wanting more money. That is what capitalism is about. Everyone has the "holier than thou" attitude when its not THEIR money being talked about but if if your money you would be scrathcing and clawing for every dime. Everyone is a saint when its not THEIR money.

    Owens a cancer? They just had their best year last year and check Mcnabbs numbers with and without TO. Its not the player that is the cancer, its the business of the game that is the cancer and it involves every player out there.

    I don't have a problem with anyone asking for more money as long as they are woth it and IMO he is worth every cent. He is a horse, plain and simple.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    i knew the guy was trouble when he ran out to the star at Texas stadium 2 times in 1 game - but that made him a fan favorite. Hey, I liked him too. His 2nd year in San Fransisco, he went on and on about his license plate that said "Xposure". Telling everyone "I'm better than Keyshawn Johnson, and I'm just trying to get exposure". People started liking him because he was the newest NFL star. But since then he proved to be a cancer which included: getting his coach fired and calling his former QB (garcia) a '***got' on his website.

    what a quality teammate.
    He is better than Keyshawn and what has Garcia done lately.

    He was right on all accounts. The one thing he does is back up what he says. He's not a blowhard like FredX who talks more **** than anyone and does so little.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  12. amen brutha, sing on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Bro,

    First of all even when tehy were 8-0 the fans themselves didn't care because even if they went 16-0, if they didn't win the SuperBowl they failed.

    If I had Pinkston and Mitchell on the other side, I would want to ball more too.

    I don't give a **** what the guy says or does off the field (business wise). The guy flat out busts his ass on the field and leaves everything he has on the field. And he was partioally right, he WASN'T tired during the Superbowl. If I busted my ass to get back from a broken leg and my teamates were "tired" I would be one pissed off guy myself. But you don't say that in public and that is what he did wrong.

    I just find it funny that everyone rips on the guy for wanting more money. That is what capitalism is about. Everyone has the "holier than thou" attitude when its not THEIR money being talked about but if if your money you would be scrathcing and clawing for every dime. Everyone is a saint when its not THEIR money.

    Owens a cancer? They just had their best year last year and check Mcnabbs numbers with and without TO. Its not the player that is the cancer, its the business of the game that is the cancer and it involves every player out there.

    I don't have a problem with anyone asking for more money as long as they are woth it and IMO he is worth every cent. He is a horse, plain and simple.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    He is better than Keyshawn and what has Garcia done lately.

    He was right on all accounts. The one thing he does is back up what he says. He's not a blowhard like FredX who talks more **** than anyone and does so little.
    I agree. But say he gets his money, will he shut his mouth then? How would you feel if you were McNabb? I think the comments attack McNabb serve no constructive purpose.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    I agree. But say he gets his money, will he shut his mouth then? How would you feel if you were McNabb? I think the comments attack McNabb serve no constructive purpose.
    One, Owens WILL NOT get his money, that's a "non-issue". And he did throw Mcnabb under the bus. Who cares if he's great. He's greedy and selfish. I'm glad we got rid of his ass. I was tiring of his antics and constant whining and moaning.

  15. I already stated that he shouldn't have said it publically, but in all honestly, he did have a point.

    You shouldn't have to go through rehab like he did and train injuried to have your own teamates tire out on you in the biggest game of their career. I can assure one thing, you won't see Mcnabb tire out again after those comments.

    They renegotiaoted Mcnabb's contract 2 years ago, why can't they do his? The guy did everything and MORE last year. Every doctor out there said the guy should not be on the field. He risked his whole career (and MILLIONS) for that game. The least you can do is shown SOME sort of flexbility. He hasn't missed a game or trianing camp yet but people are ready to hang him already.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  16. Philly needs a 2nd option. with or without owens. Best move was cutting Mitchell.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    One, Owens WILL NOT get his money, that's a "non-issue". And he did throw Mcnabb under the bus. Who cares if he's great. He's greedy and selfish. I'm glad we got rid of his ass. I was tiring of his antics and constant whining and moaning.
    Yeah, your team is doing great without him.

    Who care if he is great?

    Jesus, someone is REALLY bitter.

    Yeah I remember his constant whining and moaning last year with the Eagles. Oh thats right, it didn't happen. If I had a front office like San Fran, I would bitch and moan all day too.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  18. Why was Freddie Mitchell so popular? I never got that.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  19. I think for the most part, he was entertaining and never really said that much **** about other teams, just himself. When he called out Rodney, posted a donut, then he became an idiot.

    He did make some big catches at points and was a good 3rd donw reciever at times. Its remeniscent of Brian MItchell. People liked him as well but then when he called Simeon Rice soft before the NFL Champ game and they lost again, he was an idiot as well.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  20. True, York is a horrible owner. But I highly doubt if for some reason they had kept Owens, they would have been any better. We just would have heard more bitching.
    Freddie Mitchell was popular?

  21. Well popular like a circus act, not a superstar
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  22. so now what... who do the eagles sign? Pinkston shouldn't be their 2
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  23. Boulware
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Boulware
    he is money. Coverted to DE from LB (but played DE in college) led the league in sacks in just 12 games - 3 or 4 years ago?
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I already stated that he shouldn't have said it publically, but in all honestly, he did have a point.

    You shouldn't have to go through rehab like he did and train injuried to have your own teamates tire out on you in the biggest game of their career. I can assure one thing, you won't see Mcnabb tire out again after those comments.

    They renegotiaoted Mcnabb's contract 2 years ago, why can't they do his? The guy did everything and MORE last year. Every doctor out there said the guy should not be on the field. He risked his whole career (and MILLIONS) for that game. The least you can do is shown SOME sort of flexbility. He hasn't missed a game or trianing camp yet but people are ready to hang him already.
    Even though we both are diehard Birds fans we will never agree on this... D. Mc didn`t reupp 1 year after the Birds went out of there way to accomadate him... He may have been tired or concussed or as my above post stated took a kidney shot. But you don`t rip your own... And the fans have every right to rip TO after the things he said in the media and on his site(it`s our money he is after). What did he expect? A love fest.. He is in Philly man where football comes after GOD and family for most. Besides what happened to his best friend and agent.. who he said he would never leave.. now that he has hired the NFL`s version of Scott Boras... Studd on the field, Moron off...

    FredEx did an exclusive with Derrick Gunn on CSN last night.. it was hilarious.. he now says it was the fans that gave him all the nicknames.. and seemed at the point of tears at times.. Thanked Reid ect... and generally gave the impression he doesn`t want to be unemployed this year. Never thought I would see a quiet and reserved Fourth and Freddie...

    When TO comes back I will jump back onboard like the rest... If he had only waited till the new TV money kicked in after having a very successful 2nd season the vault would have been his.. now he won`t get snot.. and he won`t play out the 4th year of his contract here either... Look for G. Lewis and the new Georgia boy to get a long look in the minis and training camp if he holds out...

    If there weren`t questions about Henrys knee I say bring him in.. would take the load off BWes and allow Buck to ease back in also.. Long live the three headed monster...

  26. A five star thread.

    edit: I'm being serious, God chill out people. This is good discussion.
    Last edited by CEDeoudes59; 05-14-2005 at 12:57 AM.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  27. Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Even though we both are diehard Birds fans we will never agree on this... D. Mc didn`t reupp 1 year after the Birds went out of there way to accomadate him... He may have been tired or concussed or as my above post stated took a kidney shot. But you don`t rip your own... And the fans have every right to rip TO after the things he said in the media and on his site(it`s our money he is after). What did he expect? A love fest.. He is in Philly man where football comes after GOD and family for most. Besides what happened to his best friend and agent.. who he said he would never leave.. now that he has hired the NFL`s version of Scott Boras... Studd on the field, Moron off...

    FredEx did an exclusive with Derrick Gunn on CSN last night.. it was hilarious.. he now says it was the fans that gave him all the nicknames.. and seemed at the point of tears at times.. Thanked Reid ect... and generally gave the impression he doesn`t want to be unemployed this year. Never thought I would see a quiet and reserved Fourth and Freddie...

    When TO comes back I will jump back onboard like the rest... If he had only waited till the new TV money kicked in after having a very successful 2nd season the vault would have been his.. now he won`t get snot.. and he won`t play out the 4th year of his contract here either... Look for G. Lewis and the new Georgia boy to get a long look in the minis and training camp if he holds out...

    If there weren`t questions about Henrys knee I say bring him in.. would take the load off BWes and allow Buck to ease back in also.. Long live the three headed monster...


    That is because the fans live in a fantasy world and expect athletes to live a morally perfect lives even though tehy can't do it themselves.

    I know football comes after God and family and that is why they will never be happy with anything, ever. Even if they win the Superbowl Philly fans will find something to complain about. I know because I am one of them.

    So if I know that going in, I am going to look out me and my money, not what the lunatic fans that live in fantasy world think of me.

    Moron off the field? No, a smart business man off the field. Mcnabb didn't want to renegotiate after year one of his contract because at that point in time he was getting market value. Once that changed, he wanted more money just like everyone else.

    As I already stated, Owens shouldn't have said what he said in public but that doens't mean the guy is all bad. BUt considering what he went through to get back on the field for the game they need him the most, I cut him slack. I also thought what he said has some truth to it.

    4 months ago Owens was God, even after they lost. Now since he wants more money just like any athlete in this league wants at on point, he is the devil. Its ridiculous.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    4 months ago Owens was God, even after they lost. Now since he wants more money just like any athlete in this league wants at on point, he is the devil. Its ridiculous.
    It's because Owens was God (after his breakout year), then proceded to get his coach fired and called Jeff Garcia a '***got' on his website. Next, he refuses to play for Baltimore (for good reason i suppose) the public starts hating him. He shows up in Philly and starts winning (regardless of the MNF commercial) - people like him again. But now, he calls out his quarterback and asks for a new contract by saying 'i need to feed my family'. Owens reminds people again of familar antics in San Fran and why they hated him the first place.

    I'm not blaming him for chasing the money, but I'm sure his family isn't hurting for money.

    Funny story, my friend got his cell phone number (from the agent's son he had before Rosenhaus). We called TO several times, he is a real goofball and seemingly nice guy. He talked to my friend Ethan for 15minutes.

    his voicemail said: "You have reached Terrell Owens' voicemail, unfornuately, I can not accomodate your call, but if you leave me a message I'll get back to you... and if you got my Two-Way... and it's urgent.... HIT ME."

    our previous conversation on owens
    http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13777
    Last edited by CEDeoudes59; 05-14-2005 at 01:19 AM.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  29. Yes Moron... what leverage does he have? Lurie is the capitalist, TO the employee and based on the salaries of WR, not his opinion of himself, he is getting fair market value... WR don`t make 10 mil per.. QB`s do.. And TO thinks he will be the first... from the Eagles... by blackmail..

  30. Leverage? How about an MVP type season. HOw about coming back from a broken leg. How about actually doing this now to set up what he will get in the future? If the Eagles won't pay him, someone else will!!!! He has all the leverage in the world! Check out how many star athletes have held out and how many got their money! Almost ALL of them!

    Actually they almost do make $10mil/year. Harrison's deal is 7 year, $67 million.

    Owens made almost 9 million last year including bonus. This year he will make $3.15 million. Next year he is to recieve a $5 million roster bonus and a 2.5million option with a base salary of $770,000. The kicker is that the Eagles can cut him after this year and not pay him $7.5 million in bonues.

    "The reasoning Rosenhaus says wants a new deal is that he says the Eagles can use Owens this year at a low rate and then cut him before having to pay him the large roster bonus he would be due in 2006."

    He wants a larger base salary wihch is EVERY players RIGHT. He is protecting his OWN ASS! Consdiering the fact that his ankle and leg might never be 100% again he is trying to get what he can NOW. He isn't a spring chicken and WR don't last too long after 30.

    Looking at the contract and the way its set up, he has a very valid point. There is a reason why players have agents and considering what his last agent did (and cost him) hiring Rosenhaus is a good move for him. He could of recieved a LOT more if he directly went into free angency last year.


    I just love how everyone is an expert with other people's money.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Who is bigger Randy Orton or John Cena
    By billquin in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM
  2. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 07:36 AM
  4. Poll: Terell Owens..playmaker or troublemaker
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
  5. Randy Moss did it again...
    By DmitryWI in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Log in
Log in