Poll: Best player in the draft

Best players in the NFL draft

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Best players in the NFL draft

Who would you say is the best player available in this draft ? Who are the safe picks ? Who can have the quickest impact ?
    sleepers or bargain picks ? Feel free to add whatever else you want.

* Best player in this draft IMO is Braylon Edwards. He's very polished, makes plays for his team when they need him. He is increduble at fighting for the ball in the air with corners draped on him. Excellent route runner. He gets many TD's in the red zone and had like 97 catches and 1350 yds in a sometiumes conservative Michigan system. Antrel Rolle, Derrick Johnson and Mike Williams are up there with him IMO.

* Quickest impact IMO is Cedric Benson because he'll likely end up in Chicago where they'll feed him the ball 25 times a game. Has shown he can be productive but may just need to work on his pass blocking and receiving skills. Ronnie Brown is a close second. It's also easier for a RB to have the quickest impact on a team because of the importance of this position and they normally don't take 2-3 years to develop like a QB.

* I think Ryan Moats is gonna be a bargain pick, he's 5-9 205 but the guy is pretty damm good, can be another Curtis Martin given the right opportunity, maybe Denver will take him LOL. I don't know why Pollack and Erasmus James has fallen so low on many people's board, but these guys are playmakers

2. Registered User
    Answers

Matt Jones and Mike Williams are the best 2 in my opinion. Out of the top RB's I like Brown the best. I am a big fan of Ryan Moats. Check out some of the old college threads where i talked about him. He is going to be a good player; it is unfortunate that so few people seem to know about him. Another RB that is not getting any talk is Sproles from K.State. I think he could be a good little back.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I'm just worried that the 49ers will end up getting a busted QB in either Smith or Rodgers.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

The thing about Sproles is his size, the GM's just aren't gonna draft anyone his size until the 4th round best case scenario. And Moats is a shock to me, Mel Kiper doesn't even acknowledge the guy, but he is incredible at finding gaps and cutting back against defenses when I got to see him.

I also forgot about Adrian McPherson, does anyone think he's worth a risk in the 2nd round ?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by size
    Matt Jones and Mike Williams are the best 2 in my opinion. Out of the top RB's I like Brown the best. I am a big fan of Ryan Moats. Check out some of the old college threads where i talked about him. He is going to be a good player; it is unfortunate that so few people seem to know about him. Another RB that is not getting any talk is Sproles from K.State. I think he could be a good little back.

Matt Jones. His numbers are just sick. And I read that he only dropped on pass in the Senior Bowl. If he works hard he'll be a beast in the NFL. I also like Williams from USC, good combine numbers but he's a gamer.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I'm just worried that the 49ers will end up getting a busted QB in either Smith or Rodgers.
    Yes unfortunately that ass-clown is likely gonna go with Alex Smith. I'd go with Edwards or Williams. Maybe even trade down and get Shawn Merriman, he'd be awesome in their new 3-4 scheme along with Andre Carter, Julian Peterson and Bryant Young playing nose tackle.

Could even trade down a little and go with Antrel Rolle. The way Arizona, Seattle and St.Louis are built we need 3 solid CB's and I don't like Rumph at CB, but he'd be a good Free Safety

I think they can wait 'til the second round and still get a decent QB like Jason Campbell
    Last edited by Iron Warrior; 04-22-2005 at 01:56 PM.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    The thing about Sproles is his size, the GM's just aren't gonna draft anyone his size until the 4th round best case scenario. And Moats is a shock to me, Mel Kiper doesn't even acknowledge the guy, but he is incredible at finding gaps and cutting back against defenses when I got to see him.
    I agree with you on all of this. Sproles is just too small, but he can run and I think will help a team. About Moats, I just can't understand why no one seems interested in this guy. He is a wonderful player but I guess since he went to LaTech he gets no respect. I honestly think he is better than Benson.

I think they can wait 'til the second round and still get a decent QB like Jason Campbell
    I am not sold on Campbell at all. First, the guy does not seem to smart, he scored, I think, a 14 and a 28 on the Wonderlic test. One could beat a 14 with random guessing. Also, every team that Auburn played was more concerned with the combo of Brown and Williams out of the back field. I think those 2 made Campbell look much better than he is.
    Here is a sample Wonderlic test. It is incredibly easy so it should give you an idea as to how bad a 14 is. http://www.pressanykey.com/cgi-bin/c.../wonderlic.cgi
    Last edited by size; 04-22-2005 at 02:32 PM.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Matt Jones. His numbers are just sick. And I read that he only dropped on pass in the Senior Bowl. If he works hard he'll be a beast in the NFL. I also like Williams from USC, good combine numbers but he's a gamer.
    Jones is simply unbelievable. His 40 time is the same as Vick yet he is 6'6". Any team that lands him is getting a great player. I am just excited to see him play. If you ever get a chance to see some old Arkansas games with him, then watch them. he would stand in the pocket and if no one was open he would take off and literally out run linebackers and corners.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Jones is simply unbelievable. His 40 time is the same as Vick yet he is 6'6". Any team that lands him is getting a great player. I am just excited to see him play. If you ever get a chance to see some old Arkansas games with him, then watch them. he would stand in the pocket and if no one was open he would take off and literally out run linebackers and corners.
    If I had my way I would make the Redskins draft him with their 25Th pick, if he is still there. On the mock draft boards they have that Auburn QB and I was like WTF do we need another QB for? My dream is for the 'skins get Rolle with nine pick and Jones with 25. Ahhh that would be wonderful.
  10. Gold Member
    Answers

if i was the 9ers i'd take Edwards and there is a VERY good change Campbell will be around for their 1st pick in the second round .. i think he's gonna be a better pro than either Smith or Rodgers

if the 9ers take Edwards .. and Miami takes Brown .. then TB takes Smith .. you hope the Titans take Pacman or Rolle .. GB takes Rodgers and BAM Campbell around for the 9ers .. of course if Rodgers goes before GB then they'd probably take Campbell .. but then Frye is available and MAC qbs have proven they are very legit .. if he blows then they'll suck .. have the 1st pick next year and take Leinart
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Jones is a bad ass.

I think Derrick Johnson is a great player, although there are concerns of his tackling ability.
    Out of the running backs, Cedrick Benson will provide the best instant feedback since he was such a workhorse at UT.

I like Edwards for the receivers the guy just catches everything thrown at him.

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    Jones is a bad ass.

I think Derrick Johnson is a great player, although there are concerns of his tackling ability.
    Out of the running backs, Cedrick Benson will provide the best instant feedback since he was such a workhorse at UT.

I like Edwards for the receivers the guy just catches everything thrown at him.

I hear Benson got mental probelms like that last great Texas back, I forgot his name...Williams, I think?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

No he's not like Ricky Williams, he will perform well in the NFL.

Ricky was a great back, and could have been something special, different strokes I suppose.

14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I am not sold on Campbell at all. First, the guy does not seem to smart, he scored, I think, a 14 and a 28 on the Wonderlic test. One could beat a 14 with random guessing. Also, every team that Auburn played was more concerned with the combo of Brown and Williams out of the back field. I think those 2 made Campbell look much better than he is.
    Here is a sample Wonderlic test. It is incredibly easy so it should give you an idea as to how bad a 14 is. http://www.pressanykey.com/cgi-bin/c.../wonderlic.cgi
    Yeah but it's not like the rest of the QB's available at that point will be much better, I'm assuming Rodgers, Smith, Jones, and maybe even Campbell won't be around for the 33rd pick. Could always go with Moats (33rd pick) to push that sensitive bastard Kevan Barlow, he shouldn't be running like a ***** if he's 240 with speed. He quit when he realized the team was gonna suck, major character flaw in my book.

As far as the wonderlic, I think that's just useless, it tests nothing related to football. Many busts have happened because of the wonderlic test.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm

Tackling ability is not that hard to correct as long as he's willing to listen to his coaches. He'll be okay by the start of the season w/plenty of practice. If tackling ability is the only concern than his playmaking ability is definitely worth a 1st round pick. He's also INCREDIBLE at causing fumbles, something which not many players do anymore.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

Tackling ability is not that hard to correct as long as he's willing to listen to his coaches. He'll be okay by the start of the season w/plenty of practice. If tackling ability is the only concern than his playmaking ability is definitely worth a 1st round pick. He's also INCREDIBLE at causing fumbles, something which not many players do anymore.
    Oh I agree with you, the critics are wrong imo. I am a diehard Texas fan so. . .

But yeah his ability to strip the football at will it seems is truly amazing. He's also a side line to side line type of player, which is an attribute of all the good linebackers.

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Seems like the 'Niners are going with Smith and not the local boy. I just hope the 'skins pick up a DB and a Reciver. Rolle and Jones or Willliams and somebody else.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Rolle is the best CB, hands down. Don't understand the talk of Pac-Man Jones.

Another one of ours will be a late round steal. Frank Gore - RB. This kid was phenomenal his freshman year in '01. Averaged over 9 yards per carry. The 2 knee injuries will take a few years to completely recover from. But, I think he's a 1000 yd back in the NFL. Someone will get a steal in the 3rd or 4th IMO.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Rolle is the best CB, hands down. Don't understand the talk of Pac-Man Jones.

Another one of ours will be a late round steal. Frank Gore - RB. This kid was phenomenal his freshman year in '01. Averaged over 9 yards per carry. The 2 knee injuries will take a few years to completely recover from. But, I think he's a 1000 yd back in the NFL. Someone will get a steal in the 3rd or 4th IMO.

I was watching sports center and they were saying how ex-canes players go back to Miami to train. The players said it was harder to train at Miami then at there pro camps What do you think?
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Another RB i like is Shelton out of Louisville. I really enjoyed watching him play. I think Gore is really good but I would not take someone who has already had to severe knee injuries.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

LC - I've read Bruce Feldman's book I'd believe it. Ain't no one got the weather we've got in S. FLA. Most teams don't like it though, just because they aren't with their own teams. But the players certainly believe that training back at The U makes them better.

I've seen pictures that look like a Pro-Bowl roster in the off-season. Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc. Hell, I can't even keep track of 'em all. You'd be hard pressed to find the talent that congergate at The U every summer. That includes players from the NFL that didn't even play there. Chris Carter used to come down.
  22. BMW
    Answers

the dolphins will be freakin stupid if they dont pick up benson today, the coach is more focused on **** that you can pick up later in the draft, but since he trader his first round pick my dream of another awsome RB on the team is fading fast.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Man, I'm so happy my Niners got Frank Gore in the top of the 3rd. Couldn't have happened to a better man.

Do it big Frank!
  24. Banned
    Answers

I'am not a Detroit fan by any means, but i think there pick of Mike Williams, healthy Roy Williams, Hopefully for once healthy Charles Rodgers and now the emerging sleep running back thats gonna put it down hard next season Kevin Jones this team could be sick. From a fantasy football perspective i love it. All 3 of those Wide Recievers were top 10 picks in the last 3 NFL drafts. Charles Rodgers was the #2 pick two years ago, Roy Williams i think was the # 7 pick last year and Now Mike Williams #10. This offense is gonna sick.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

but i think there pick of Mike Williams
    Never speak that name again. This guy is going to tear up the NFL, and 'Skins could have taken him.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Here is a sample Wonderlic test. It is incredibly easy so it should give you an idea as to how bad a 14 is. http://www.pressanykey.com/cgi-bin/...k/wonderlic.cgi
    And then the Skins take this guy WTF! Argggggg. Man we can never get a break
  27. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    And then the Skins take this guy WTF! Argggggg. Man we can never get a break
    oh that's right you are from the metro area too (me too).
    The Skins honestly have no direction whatsoever.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Man, I'm so happy my Niners got Frank Gore in the top of the 3rd. Couldn't have happened to a better man.

Do it big Frank!
    I predict that they will be better than last year. Smith will be our savior in San Fran! Go Niners!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Good to see another Niners fan on here.

Nice Av.
  30. Banned
    Answers

too bad the Niners need a Running Back and some WR's. They are gonna blow chunks and get a top 3 pick next season as well
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oswizzle
    too bad the Niners need a Running Back and some WR's. They are gonna blow chunks and get a top 3 pick next season as well
    I heard they're talking to Boston as a possible wideout. If he stays healthy and doesn't use steroids that would be a plus for the team. We'll see what happens.
  32. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

I really think Tim Couch is/was better than Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers combined. I guess the 49ers had to select one of them.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hey, we've still got Kevan Barlow you moron. But we do need WR's.

I still remember when we were the Team of the '80's.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I still remember when we were the Team of the '80's.
    Don't all of us Niner fans remember the glory days when guys like Montana, Young, Rice, Craig, Taylor, Clark, Jones, Mcdonald, Hanks, Norton, and the list goes on, ruled supreme. Who do we have now? Not much in the way of anything. We'll be back some day though.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

What about Clarett going to the broncos? I think he will do well there, hope he does.....
  36. Board Supporter
    Answers

Gooo Benson
  37. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    What about Clarett going to the broncos? I think he will do well there, hope he does.....
    He should do ok there if he ever sees the field. They have like 5 or 6 backs now. I just don't understand why they would burn a 3rd round pick on him especially a few weeks after getting Ron Dayne.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yankees3
    He should do ok there if he ever sees the field. They have like 5 or 6 backs now. I just don't understand why they would burn a 3rd round pick on him especially a few weeks after getting Ron Dayne.
    I wouldn't consider Dayne an every down player. More of a short yardage/3rd down/goaline type back.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Don't all of us Niner fans remember the glory days when guys like Montana, Young, Rice, Craig, Taylor, Clark, Jones, Mcdonald, Hanks, Norton, and the list goes on, ruled supreme. Who do we have now? Not much in the way of anything. We'll be back some day though.

Wanna trade Alex Smith for Joey Harrington? He'll have Roy Williams, Chrles Rodgers (maybe) and now Mike Williams to throw to, with Kevin Jones in the backfield. Deal? The Lions, pitiful.

Anyway, you did get a good OG/C in David Baas, he's a roadgrader; Smith will get some protection there.

The best player in the draft would be OSU K Mike Nugent, he'll score more points for more money and experience less pain than anyone else taken, kid's a freakin' machine.
  40. Board Supporter
    Answers

I wouldn't consider Dayne an every down player. More of a short yardage/3rd down/goaline type back.
    But Denver still had Quentin Griffin, Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson , they get Ron Dayne THEN burn a 3 on Clarrett. I just don't get it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
  2. The Debate: Best player in the NBA right now
    By SureShot in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 10:38 PM
  3. Best player in the NHL(currently)
    By Spectre32 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 05:06 PM