For all of you miami and gator fans.. watch out cromartie sees you :) - AnabolicMinds.com

For all of you miami and gator fans.. watch out cromartie sees you :)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    For all of you miami and gator fans.. watch out cromartie sees you :)


    Well I dont think your passing to your right side. I looked at Cromartie's stat sheet and he has given up only 10 yards to his receivers in 7 (half scrimmages) and 2 (full scrimmages). BEAST!!!! Oh and Ernie Sims, AJ Nicholson, and Buster Davis say your not running up the middle either .

  2. DieTrying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    12958

    Reputation

    Thats why they play the game my friend! All those players are talented, but C4 didn't have that much trouble rushing for 4.3 yards per carry.

    God you gotta love college football! Lake is wish you the best of luck (seriously rootin for ya bro)..just not the rest of your team
  3. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    haha thanks.. just thought i would post that just for a little fun.. plus i know a few of the other miami fans on here are going to reply interestingly to this haha.

    but dietrying i almost played for UF but a lot of **** got messed up.. so now im against them.. YOUR LOSS! haha j/k i guess i gotta prove myself first .
    •   
       

  4. Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Let me be the first Cane to join in the fun..........

    FSU's D will be good.......but, it has been that way the past 6 times we have played...and I think you know the result of those games.

    Im sorry to see the best player on our team leave though...but Im sure your O wont miss Rix a bit. I think Sexton is a good fit for the next few years, from our standpoint.....he is going to be very giving to Brandon Merriweather and Devin Hester on D.
  5. Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    PS - I will speak to Willie Williams and beg him not to kill you....just everyone else in Garnet and gold.

    Congrats on making the team - any word where you might be on the Depth Chart?
  6. diamonddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11432

    Reputation

    Well I dont think your passing to your right side. I looked at Cromartie's stat sheet and he has given up only 10 yards to his receivers in 7 (half scrimmages) and 2 (full scrimmages). BEAST!!!!
    Ummmm............. Maybe your receivers & QB just suck! j/k

    good luck!!!!

    dd
  7. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    actually chris davis is definitely the next peter warrick.. honestly the sickest cutbacks and ****.. ill have to post a video up.. its REDICULOUS.
  8. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Lake - Devin Hester ain't neva scared of someone named Chris Davis.

    And yeah, FSU's D was great every time the last 6 meetings against the Canes. So what?

    Seriously, I love Cro. One helluva corner. Might even be better than Antrel.


    Brock - yes, please tell Willie not to kill Suxton. Maiming should be enough!
  9. DieTrying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    12958

    Reputation

    This Devin Hester? Just curious?


    UM's Hester tries to tap into his potential

    By Omar Kelly
    Staff Writer
    Posted April 9 2005

    Nobody associated with Miami football plans to baby Devin Hester anymore.

    Sure, he's the most dynamic college football player east of the Mississippi River. Miami's coaches will tell you he probably is the most gifted athlete the program has had in a decade. But heading into today's Canesfest scrimmage, Hester hasn't shown the ability needed to be a lockdown cornerback, much less a starter.
    The former Suncoast High standout spent the first three weeks of spring practice serving as the coaching staff's whipping boy. His technique was flawed, and his knowledge of the team's schemes was below par. As a result, receivers he defended were getting open. But if quarterbacks dared to throw the ball to Hester's man, he often recovered quickly enough to deflect the passes.

    Just as he has during his entire career, Hester was using athleticism to bail him out of tough jams. However, that's the coaching staff's biggest problem with him. Too often he relies on his quickness to save him as opposed to leaning on technique or understanding.

    Hester has performed better in the final week of spring practices, but his inconsistent play has him behind senior Marcus Maxey on the depth chart.

    Coach Larry Coker knows the Hurricanes need their most dynamic player on the field next season, but first Coker needs Hester's football IQ to match his physical tools.

    "Devin just needs a lot of practice," Coker said of Hester, who began his UM career as a receiver before moving to cornerback last fall. "That's why we have the spring. He's still a fairly young football player. There's no doubt he's still getting better, but he'll be a difference-maker at times."

    Coker has said Hester's physical tools are too special to waste on the sideline. Last year, he led UM with four interceptions despite playing cornerback sparingly in the second half of the season. But coaches wonder when he'll turn the corner.

    Hester said he began the spring distracted by family issues.

    "I'm just getting back to feeling good about myself, and I'm trying to make the best of it," Hester said. "I was coming out here feeling depressed, and it was showing in my play. I told myself, `Life goes on, and I've got to go out there and make the best of my situation.' I've got an opportunity here to be something special."

    He said his biggest challenge is being mentally ready.

    Former UM cornerback Antrel Rolle, who served as Hestor's mentor last season, has talked to him about leaving whatever happens off the field behind while learning from, but then forgetting the bad things that happen on it.

    The Hurricanes are hoping Hester finally shows he can be a quick study.

    "I've got to get a strong mind and don't let nothing bother me," Hester said. "When I get yelled at by the coaches, don't let it bother me. Block it out and keep playing."
  10. db682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    526

    Reputation

    Lake,
    Rumor has that you couldnt make the walk on for UF so you had to step down a notch and resort to an easier team like FSU. Bro, all I can say is good luck. We had our Orange and Blue game last weekend and Meyer has definitly turned our team around for the best. Every news reporting agency that attended the game has said that we are looking like spurriers old Gator team. The winning team! I cant wait to play you girls again.
  11. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by db682
    Lake,
    Rumor has that you couldnt make the walk on for UF so you had to step down a notch and resort to an easier team like FSU. Bro, all I can say is good luck. We had our Orange and Blue game last weekend and Meyer has definitly turned our team around for the best. Every news reporting agency that attended the game has said that we are looking like spurriers old Gator team. The winning team! I cant wait to play you girls again.
    Hahaha actually I never got to walk on at UF. I know I had told you guys that over a year ago and I had planned on it and was damn sure ready but paperwork got screwed up and i had already lost that year of eligibility and thats when i went into the military.

    We will see what old Meyer has in store. But it is the canes on labor day we are focusing on right now . MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
    Last edited by LakeMountD; 05-27-2006 at 10:42 AM.
  12. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    hahahaha im 28.. still not sure if ill be playing next year or not though.. i am engineering and honestly that is more important.. but i wont be 28 next year anyways since thats bookers number.

    ps- guess who ate steak and shrimp with dieon sanders today ... he critiqued us on our (the defensive backs) techniques and **** too and watched film and stuff.. i chatted with him for a lil while he is pretty cool.. then we all ate dinner
  13. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Die - my take on that article is the mind-set presented is typical of the Canes. We do not tolerate highly talented players doing whatever. He did have 4 picks, in limited duty. He has had quite a few spectacular break-ups. He's also given up some TD's he shouldn't have.

    This kid is, bar none, the most spectacular player in the country. Don't worry. He'll pick it up and be starting over Maxey by Labor Day.
  14. grape ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    JUST ONE THIONG TO SAY: HOW ABOUT THOSE HOKIES?!
  15. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Yeah, they know how to spell.

    And they know how NOT TO USE THE ****ING CAPS LOCK!
  16. milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1404

    Reputation

    As much as a Cali boy can actually care about Fla ball, I've always been kind of a 'Canes fan. Truth is now, though, I'm gonna pull for LMD and the 'Noles. Hell yeah, bro! Glad to support an AM bro makin' it big. That is BIG! I'm generally a Pac 10 guy, of course, but Florida certainly is the place to find excellence in NCAA football (and great *****ry!)
  17. Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Die - good article on Hester. How long was Hesters Kick Off return 2 years ago in the OB...Wasnt it like 102 yards?

    Honestly....I am one of the few "House Divided" Fans. I grew up mostly a Gator fan back in the days of Harrison Houston, Kevin Carter, Emmit Smith, etc... since my dad was a SAE at UF. I still cheer for the Gators as long as they dont play the Canes. Still go to the Florida-Georgia game every year. Anyways, I think UF is going to be sick with Meyer, Leak is gonna challenge for the Heisman this year. Wouldnt be surprised to see the Gates in the NC against USC or Miami (hehe).

    On another note....the strangest "house divided" plate I have seen is UF-Tennessee. WTF? I hate the vols and Fatlip Fullmer is a putz. He looks like an oversized Gerber Baby.
  18. Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    F@ck the Hokies......my Fiance loves FSU and VT (she actually went there for a year before graduating from that junior college). Despite that, I still love her.
  19. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Brock - I graduated from UT. I lived in the athletic dorm for 2 years. Rocked Canes stuff at every chance. Anyway, after the 2001 championship, I bought one of the locker room sweats. I was wearing it one day to lunch that January, Fulmer stopped mid-conversation, stared at my sweat for a few seconds then walked off as his buddy continued talking.

    I knew he was thinking to himself "Damn it, why did we schedule them for Homecoming next year!" I had great seats for that game in '02, bottom row of the upper deck on the 45. It was awesome.
  20. Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    In 02 we should have beaten them by 45 at least........
  21. db682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    526

    Reputation

    Lake,
    Tell Xavier whats up for me. If he asks who saying it just tell him to, better yet, just **** with him for me. Say something about the big fight we all got into in port orange before he left for school. Me him and like 3 other guys rolled up on a house in Port Orange and beat the crap out of a squad of guys in broad daylight for ****ing with one of our friends. It was stupid but fun. If he questions it and plays dumb, just say something about my truck, Harley Davidson F150 Supercrew. He'll figure it out then.


    db682
  22. CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3201

    Reputation

    Devin hester aint fear nothing
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  23. utk1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    145

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    In 02 we should have beaten them by 45 at least........
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda... blah, blah, blah... I seem to recall the Vols going down to Miami in November of 03 and making Winslow cry like a little bitch. He has been sooooo productive in the pros. Don't believe me? Compare Jason Whitten at Dallas versus Winslow at Cleveland.

    Anyway, it was great fun watching the Big Orange end Miami's 431,354,376,484 home winning streak.

    Miami has played in a weak conference for quite a while - a big fish in a very small pond. So what happens last year when they join the ACC and actually have to play a tough schedule? They get raped and suddenly Larry Coker isn't such a genius. Hate to break it to ya Miami fan, but your days of conference championships are over.

    And as for you jmh80... I have doubts about your encounter with Fulmer, but I'll give you the chance to prove it. War the Vols smacking down the pretenders for Fla.

    UTK1976 (UT College of Law - Class of 2000)
  24. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    You have your doubts? Hahaha. Whatever. My roommate saw it.

    You ever lived in Gibbs? Eaten at the Varsity Inn? How about at lunch? Well, all the coaches eat there.

    Room 212. Next to Thaddious Holden on one side, and Andre Taylor on the other. Haislip was suitemates w/ Holden.

    Ran into your boy Whitten a few times as well.

    And, really, he isn't the same player as Winslow. Whitten is a great guy, good player, but he's not a future Pro Bowler as Winslow is.

    And yes, UT won at the OB, then acted like *******s afterwards. You didnt see The U destroying **** in Neyland in '02.
  25. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Oh yeah, when was the last SEC championship UT won? Been a while, huh?

    Good luck with another Clausen, he'll be there in a few years.
  26. Bumbaclaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    Hey, Nole, I have a question...I know that your LB corp is outstanding, but what about the front four?
    YOu lost Travis Johnson, Eric Moore, etc...who is ooing to be the other safety next to Watkins? The other corner?
  27. utk1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    145

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    You have your doubts? Hahaha. Whatever. My roommate saw it.

    You ever lived in Gibbs? Eaten at the Varsity Inn? How about at lunch? Well, all the coaches eat there.

    Room 212. Next to Thaddious Holden on one side, and Andre Taylor on the other. Haislip was suitemates w/ Holden.

    Ran into your boy Whitten a few times as well.

    And, really, he isn't the same player as Winslow. Whitten is a great guy, good player, but he's not a future Pro Bowler as Winslow is.

    And yes, UT won at the OB, then acted like *******s afterwards. You didnt see The U destroying **** in Neyland in '02.
    Actually, I lived at 15th and Laurel in the Fort. Yes, I've eaten at the VI, been to the complex, etc., etc. My best friend in school was an O lineman. When were you there?

    Winslow is extremely talented - I'm not arguing that. Was it his his foot, ankle, or leg that he broke? I can't remember. But I think you'll have to agree that Whitten made quite a splash as a rookie, especially considering how low he was drafted. He was basically the only offense the Cowboys had.

    Winslow a future hall of famer? Bro, don't you think that's a little premature? Maybe you should wait until he actually PLAYS A FULL SEASON before you induct him into the HOF. If his name wasn't "Winslow" I don't think you would be nearly so high on him. Ben Troupe, Whitten, Tony Gonzalez, are all ahead of him at this point.

    I hope you and all the other U clones enjoy finishing third in the ACC behind FSU and VaTech.
  28. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclaat
    Hey, Nole, I have a question...I know that your LB corp is outstanding, but what about the front four?
    YOu lost Travis Johnson, Eric Moore, etc...who is ooing to be the other safety next to Watkins? The other corner?
    Interesting questions. But I will tell you this. Our front four this year is better than last year. In fact Kamerion Wimbley got "most dominant player in spring" award which is pretty damn good to be a d-tackle and get that. Clifton dickson came in second for that! That tells you that our front four is beastly.

    As for Watkins I feel bad for him. He has SOMEHOW gotten bumped to second string and he is not happy about it at all. There is a lot of politics inolved I think but hopefully he will have the job come fall. They might be testing him. Kyler Hall (john lynch type of safety) is the other safety.

    Noles should really kick ass on D this year!
  29. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    I graduated last year.

    3rd place for us? What about UT? I know what the 2ndary looks like. Allen is your only player. Have fun getting to go up against Ol Ball Coach and Urban Meyers w/ that 2ndary. And I see your go to LSU. They sure talk a big game but I don't know what they'll be like after Saban is gone.

    Now, we've got our work cut out for us. We and FSU both have bad OL's (from what I've read of our spring game and what Lake has said). VT has Vick at QB. Even their own fans admit he's not lived up to the hype. Hasn't put it together yet. So, VT is the team to beat in the ACC, but it is not theirs to run away with. And throw in the ACC championship, which is in Jacksonville. I'm not sure if VT plays FSU, they didn't last year, but one team has beat the other 2 probably 3 times which is tough to do. Lake do you know if you guys play VT this year?

    And re-read my post, I said Winslow was a future Pro Bowler. We've got another on his way to the NFL - goes by the name of Greg Olson.
  30. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    I graduated last year.

    3rd place for us? What about UT? I know what the 2ndary looks like. Allen is your only player. Have fun getting to go up against Ol Ball Coach and Urban Meyers w/ that 2ndary. And I see your go to LSU. They sure talk a big game but I don't know what they'll be like after Saban is gone.

    Now, we've got our work cut out for us. We and FSU both have bad OL's (from what I've read of our spring game and what Lake has said). VT has Vick at QB. Even their own fans admit he's not lived up to the hype. Hasn't put it together yet. So, VT is the team to beat in the ACC, but it is not theirs to run away with. And throw in the ACC championship, which is in Jacksonville. I'm not sure if VT plays FSU, they didn't last year, but one team has beat the other 2 probably 3 times which is tough to do. Lake do you know if you guys play VT this year?

    And re-read my post, I said Winslow was a future Pro Bowler. We've got another on his way to the NFL - goes by the name of Greg Olson.
    Miami
    citadel
    @boston college
    syracuse
    wake forest
    @virginia
    @duke
    maryland
    NC state
    @clemson
    @florida
  31. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Interesting that y'all and VT do not play for the 2nd year in a row. Are we both in the same division? Last I remember we weren't, and I thought VT was in our division.
  32. Bumbaclaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Interesting questions. But I will tell you this. Our front four this year is better than last year. In fact Kamerion Wimbley got "most dominant player in spring" award which is pretty damn good to be a d-tackle and get that. Clifton dickson came in second for that! That tells you that our front four is beastly.

    As for Watkins I feel bad for him. He has SOMEHOW gotten bumped to second string and he is not happy about it at all. There is a lot of politics inolved I think but hopefully he will have the job come fall. They might be testing him. Kyler Hall (john lynch type of safety) is the other safety.

    Noles should really kick ass on D this year!
    Strange how the guys last year who did not START going to be better than the ones who STARTED last year. An c'mon, Kyler Hall a John Lynch type safety...more like Kelly Lynch. I do think your defense is going to be good again, however your offense is going to be anemic again. The problem with FSU is that they play waaaaaaay to conservative against us, and if the game is close, we are going to win, period. FSU can talk whatever they want, but when it comes down to it, we know we can win, you guys think you can win.
  33. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    Haha kelly lynch? riiiight.. your more than welcome to watch the spring prospectus video and see the hits for yourself.. at first i was just merely saying that he is more of a run stopping safety but now that you bring it up he really is an all out good tackler, hitter, etc. he has impressed me greatly with his smarts.. you can talk all the smack you want but it will come down to labor day and monday night. we will see how many yards you get off of cromartie.. dont get me started on your secondary
  34. Bumbaclaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Haha kelly lynch? riiiight.. your more than welcome to watch the spring prospectus video and see the hits for yourself.. at first i was just merely saying that he is more of a run stopping safety but now that you bring it up he really is an all out good tackler, hitter, etc. he has impressed me greatly with his smarts.. you can talk all the smack you want but it will come down to labor day and monday night. we will see how many yards you get off of cromartie.. dont get me started on your secondary
    Yawn...I've been a Miami fan probably longer than you have been alive and its the same thing every year. You compared a safety that hasn't done much in his FSU career to an NFL Pro Bowler? C'mon. You can diss our DBs all you want but I don't seem to remember them doing too bad against you guys...and that is the bottomline. You can say what you want, but if its a battle between Randy Shannon and Jeff Bowden, I'm going with Randy. Your front seven will be good, but other than Cromartie, your DBs are suspect...even Watkins has poor hips. Who is going to be the other corner? Ford? Bryant? Speaking of your DL, who is going to be the other DE?

    I know you are an FSU player, but you can join the long line of FSU players like Eric Moore, Kendyll Pope, sheesh your whole last two senior classes that have yet to beat Miami. Both teams have holes, but I will take our holes over yours.
  35. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    i wasnt comparing kyler to john lynch.. if you would have read my last post than you would have seen that i was trying to say he is "that type of safety".. there are two types of defensive backs.. physical/hard hitting backs and coverage backs.. its like ty law vs. samari rolle. two TOTALLY different kind of corners. the other corner will be gerrard ross. all i can say is ill see you on labor day.. monday night..

    haha your corners didnt do too bad? hell my little sister wouldn't do too bad with chris rix playing qb.. i give your corners no credit there.

    and also just because we have guys that have never started before doesnt mean we wont be better on D than last year because it is totally political to get a starting spot in D1 and you can be better than someone and still not start in front of them TRUST ME ON THAT.. and despite our qb situation i remember leon washington being the leading running back for rushing in the ACC
  36. Bumbaclaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    i wasnt comparing kyler to john lynch.. if you would have read my last post than you would have seen that i was trying to say he is "that type of safety".. there are two types of defensive backs.. physical/hard hitting backs and coverage backs.. its like ty law vs. samari rolle. two TOTALLY different kind of corners. the other corner will be gerrard ross. all i can say is ill see you on labor day.. monday night..

    haha your corners didnt do too bad? hell my little sister wouldn't do too bad with chris rix playing qb.. i give your corners no credit there.

    and also just because we have guys that have never started before doesnt mean we wont be better on D than last year because it is totally political to get a starting spot in D1 and you can be better than someone and still not start in front of them TRUST ME ON THAT.. and despite our qb situation i remember leon washington being the leading running back for rushing in the ACC
    I remember Leon not doing too much to us with a lot better offensive line than he will have this season. "Kyler Hall (john lynch type of safety) is the other safety." That is what you said...now I dunno, I don't have a FSU education, but it is a comparison. I hear you about it being political, but at the end of the day, its about winning, and if someone is better, they play. Wimberly or whatever was not better than Davis or Moore. Are any of your corners better than McFadden or Smith? Kyler Hall may be an upgrade from Osei and Carter, but that isn't saying much.

    Look the strength of your team is going to be your LBs...but having guys like Travis Johnson kept OL off of the LBs...but with Nicholson's DUI and Sims' leg break, hopefully they will be ready to go...because I don't want no excuses after no. 7.

    Hopefully, you will and I will talk up until the game as I will be in Trailerhassee for the game, and I would shake your hand win or lose.
  37. LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    haha good stuff... hell im a good sport... one of the few kids who doesnt talk **** on the field... no need to just go out there and play, if you get your ass handed to you or whatever than you didnt play hard enough, shoulda trained harder.

    I believe Cromartie will be better than McFadden, however, we will have to wait and see whether this will be the year that this is true. If he plays as he has played all spring than I definitly say Cromartie is ready. I have had to run many a routes against him and he truly is a shutdown corner. And I will say this with great certainty that he is a possible future champ bailey (haha and yes this is a comparison). He loves contact and he plays aggressive, he kind of reminds me of a terrel owens but at corner. Very lean, good muscular base, tall, etc. Not extremely shift, but can open the gate fast enough to defend the fade with ease.

    Sims will definitely be ready, becuase he will be lifting with his legs again in the next month. Nicholson is fine, despite that crap. and Buster is definitely ready to get out there as well.

    I think you guys see our team enough to know our strengths and weaknesses as we do you but there are always surprises and I think our D-lineman are what is going to really surprise you (they sure as hell surprised me).
  38. Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Ass


    I hope you and all the other U clones enjoy finishing third in the ACC behind FSU and VaTech.[/QUOTE]


    You sir....are an ass. When People write books about how your football program has forever changed the landscape of college football....then talk.....better yet, dont.

    UM Clone......good lord....I cant event justify this. We probably have a quarter the fan base of UT...but thats probably because its difficult for one-tooth rednecks to pronounce "Hurricane" anyways.
  39. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    @ Brock.


    I once had someone ask me who the "Hurrikins" were. (It is difficult to spell how rednecks pronounce.)
  40. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    B - get me a ticket to the FSU game!!! I've finally got enough vacation that I can take the Tuesday off. I've never been to an FSU game, really want to go.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. For all of those who think real men don't use machines
    By calidood in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
  2. Whats the perfect volume for all of upper body for YOU?
    By pjorstad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
  3. the stupid mess it up for all of us
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
  4. Sorry For All OF This!
    By Vman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 11:52 AM
  5. For all of you SMOKERS out there ......
    By Dr of Golf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in