For all of you miami and gator fans.. watch out cromartie sees you :)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well I dont think your passing to your right side. I looked at Cromartie's stat sheet and he has given up only 10 yards to his receivers in 7 (half scrimmages) and 2 (full scrimmages). BEAST!!!! Oh and Ernie Sims, AJ Nicholson, and Buster Davis say your not running up the middle either :).

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats why they play the game my friend! All those players are talented, but C4 didn't have that much trouble rushing for 4.3 yards per carry.

God you gotta love college football! Lake is wish you the best of luck (seriously rootin for ya bro)..just not the rest of your team

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
haha thanks.. just thought i would post that just for a little fun.. plus i know a few of the other miami fans on here are going to reply interestingly to this haha.

but dietrying i almost played for UF but a lot of **** got messed up.. so now im against them.. YOUR LOSS! haha j/k i guess i gotta prove myself first ;).

Brock Landers

Awards
Let me be the first Cane to join in the fun..........

FSU's D will be good.......but, it has been that way the past 6 times we have played...and I think you know the result of those games.

Im sorry to see the best player on our team leave though...but Im sure your O wont miss Rix a bit. I think Sexton is a good fit for the next few years, from our standpoint.....he is going to be very giving to Brandon Merriweather and Devin Hester on D.

Brock Landers

Awards
PS - I will speak to Willie Williams and beg him not to kill you....just everyone else in Garnet and gold.

Congrats on making the team - any word where you might be on the Depth Chart?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I dont think your passing to your right side. I looked at Cromartie's stat sheet and he has given up only 10 yards to his receivers in 7 (half scrimmages) and 2 (full scrimmages). BEAST!!!!
Ummmm............. Maybe your receivers & QB just suck! :twisted: j/k

good luck!!!!

dd

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
actually chris davis is definitely the next peter warrick.. honestly the sickest cutbacks and ****.. ill have to post a video up.. its REDICULOUS.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Lake - Devin Hester ain't neva scared of someone named Chris Davis.

And yeah, FSU's D was great every time the last 6 meetings against the Canes. So what?

Seriously, I love Cro. One helluva corner. Might even be better than Antrel.

Brock - yes, please tell Willie not to kill Suxton. Maiming should be enough!

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This Devin Hester? Just curious?

UM's Hester tries to tap into his potential

By Omar Kelly
Staff Writer
Posted April 9 2005

Nobody associated with Miami football plans to baby Devin Hester anymore.

Sure, he's the most dynamic college football player east of the Mississippi River. Miami's coaches will tell you he probably is the most gifted athlete the program has had in a decade. But heading into today's Canesfest scrimmage, Hester hasn't shown the ability needed to be a lockdown cornerback, much less a starter.
The former Suncoast High standout spent the first three weeks of spring practice serving as the coaching staff's whipping boy. His technique was flawed, and his knowledge of the team's schemes was below par. As a result, receivers he defended were getting open. But if quarterbacks dared to throw the ball to Hester's man, he often recovered quickly enough to deflect the passes.

Just as he has during his entire career, Hester was using athleticism to bail him out of tough jams. However, that's the coaching staff's biggest problem with him. Too often he relies on his quickness to save him as opposed to leaning on technique or understanding.

Hester has performed better in the final week of spring practices, but his inconsistent play has him behind senior Marcus Maxey on the depth chart.

Coach Larry Coker knows the Hurricanes need their most dynamic player on the field next season, but first Coker needs Hester's football IQ to match his physical tools.

"Devin just needs a lot of practice," Coker said of Hester, who began his UM career as a receiver before moving to cornerback last fall. "That's why we have the spring. He's still a fairly young football player. There's no doubt he's still getting better, but he'll be a difference-maker at times."

Coker has said Hester's physical tools are too special to waste on the sideline. Last year, he led UM with four interceptions despite playing cornerback sparingly in the second half of the season. But coaches wonder when he'll turn the corner.

Hester said he began the spring distracted by family issues.

"I'm just getting back to feeling good about myself, and I'm trying to make the best of it," Hester said. "I was coming out here feeling depressed, and it was showing in my play. I told myself, `Life goes on, and I've got to go out there and make the best of my situation.' I've got an opportunity here to be something special."

He said his biggest challenge is being mentally ready.

Former UM cornerback Antrel Rolle, who served as Hestor's mentor last season, has talked to him about leaving whatever happens off the field behind while learning from, but then forgetting the bad things that happen on it.

The Hurricanes are hoping Hester finally shows he can be a quick study.

"I've got to get a strong mind and don't let nothing bother me," Hester said. "When I get yelled at by the coaches, don't let it bother me. Block it out and keep playing."

db682

Awards
  • Established
Lake,
Rumor has that you couldnt make the walk on for UF so you had to step down a notch and resort to an easier team like FSU. Bro, all I can say is good luck. We had our Orange and Blue game last weekend and Meyer has definitly turned our team around for the best. Every news reporting agency that attended the game has said that we are looking like spurriers old Gator team. The winning team! I cant wait to play you girls again. :)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Lake,
Rumor has that you couldnt make the walk on for UF so you had to step down a notch and resort to an easier team like FSU. Bro, all I can say is good luck. We had our Orange and Blue game last weekend and Meyer has definitly turned our team around for the best. Every news reporting agency that attended the game has said that we are looking like spurriers old Gator team. The winning team! I cant wait to play you girls again. :)
Hahaha actually I never got to walk on at UF. I know I had told you guys that over a year ago and I had planned on it and was damn sure ready but paperwork got screwed up and i had already lost that year of eligibility and thats when i went into the military.

We will see what old Meyer has in store. But it is the canes on labor day we are focusing on right now ;). MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL :)

Last edited:
LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
hahahaha im 28.. still not sure if ill be playing next year or not though.. i am engineering and honestly that is more important.. but i wont be 28 next year anyways since thats bookers number.

ps- guess who ate steak and shrimp with dieon sanders today ;)... he critiqued us on our (the defensive backs) techniques and **** too and watched film and stuff.. i chatted with him for a lil while he is pretty cool.. then we all ate dinner

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Die - my take on that article is the mind-set presented is typical of the Canes. We do not tolerate highly talented players doing whatever. He did have 4 picks, in limited duty. He has had quite a few spectacular break-ups. He's also given up some TD's he shouldn't have.

This kid is, bar none, the most spectacular player in the country. Don't worry. He'll pick it up and be starting over Maxey by Labor Day.

grape ape

Awards
JUST ONE THIONG TO SAY: HOW ABOUT THOSE HOKIES?!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, they know how to spell.

And they know how NOT TO USE THE FUCKING CAPS LOCK!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
As much as a Cali boy can actually care about Fla ball, I've always been kind of a 'Canes fan. Truth is now, though, I'm gonna pull for LMD and the 'Noles. Hell yeah, bro! Glad to support an AM bro makin' it big. That is BIG! I'm generally a Pac 10 guy, of course, but Florida certainly is the place to find excellence in NCAA football (and great rivalry!)

Brock Landers

Awards
Die - good article on Hester. How long was Hesters Kick Off return 2 years ago in the OB...Wasnt it like 102 yards?

Honestly....I am one of the few "House Divided" Fans. I grew up mostly a Gator fan back in the days of Harrison Houston, Kevin Carter, Emmit Smith, etc... since my dad was a SAE at UF. I still cheer for the Gators as long as they dont play the Canes. Still go to the Florida-Georgia game every year. Anyways, I think UF is going to be sick with Meyer, Leak is gonna challenge for the Heisman this year. Wouldnt be surprised to see the Gates in the NC against USC or Miami (hehe).

On another note....the strangest "house divided" plate I have seen is UF-Tennessee. WTF? I hate the vols and Fatlip Fullmer is a putz. He looks like an oversized Gerber Baby.

Brock Landers

Awards
F@ck the Hokies......my Fiance loves FSU and VT (she actually went there for a year before graduating from that junior college). Despite that, I still love her.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Brock - I graduated from UT. I lived in the athletic dorm for 2 years. Rocked Canes stuff at every chance. Anyway, after the 2001 championship, I bought one of the locker room sweats. I was wearing it one day to lunch that January, Fulmer stopped mid-conversation, stared at my sweat for a few seconds then walked off as his buddy continued talking.

I knew he was thinking to himself "Damn it, why did we schedule them for Homecoming next year!" I had great seats for that game in '02, bottom row of the upper deck on the 45. It was awesome.

Brock Landers

Awards
In 02 we should have beaten them by 45 at least........

db682

Awards
  • Established
Lake,
Tell Xavier whats up for me. If he asks who saying it just tell him to, better yet, just **** with him for me. Say something about the big fight we all got into in port orange before he left for school. Me him and like 3 other guys rolled up on a house in Port Orange and beat the crap out of a squad of guys in broad daylight for fucking with one of our friends. It was stupid but fun. If he questions it and plays dumb, just say something about my truck, Harley Davidson F150 Supercrew. He'll figure it out then.

:)
db682

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Devin hester aint fear nothing

utk1976

Awards
In 02 we should have beaten them by 45 at least........
Woulda, coulda, shoulda... blah, blah, blah... I seem to recall the Vols going down to Miami in November of 03 and making Winslow cry like a little bitch. He has been sooooo productive in the pros. Don't believe me? Compare Jason Whitten at Dallas versus Winslow at Cleveland.

Anyway, it was great fun watching the Big Orange end Miami's 431,354,376,484 home winning streak.

Miami has played in a weak conference for quite a while - a big fish in a very small pond. So what happens last year when they join the ACC and actually have to play a tough schedule? They get raped and suddenly Larry Coker isn't such a genius. Hate to break it to ya Miami fan, but your days of conference championships are over.

And as for you jmh80... I have doubts about your encounter with Fulmer, but I'll give you the chance to prove it. War the Vols smacking down the pretenders for Fla.

UTK1976 (UT College of Law - Class of 2000)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You have your doubts? Hahaha. Whatever. My roommate saw it.

You ever lived in Gibbs? Eaten at the Varsity Inn? How about at lunch? Well, all the coaches eat there.

Room 212. Next to Thaddious Holden on one side, and Andre Taylor on the other. Haislip was suitemates w/ Holden.

Ran into your boy Whitten a few times as well.

And, really, he isn't the same player as Winslow. Whitten is a great guy, good player, but he's not a future Pro Bowler as Winslow is.

And yes, UT won at the OB, then acted like assholes afterwards. You didnt see The U destroying **** in Neyland in '02.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, when was the last SEC championship UT won? Been a while, huh?

Good luck with another Clausen, he'll be there in a few years.

Bumbaclaat

Awards
Hey, Nole, I have a question...I know that your LB corp is outstanding, but what about the front four?
YOu lost Travis Johnson, Eric Moore, etc...who is ooing to be the other safety next to Watkins? The other corner?

utk1976

Awards
You have your doubts? Hahaha. Whatever. My roommate saw it.

You ever lived in Gibbs? Eaten at the Varsity Inn? How about at lunch? Well, all the coaches eat there.

Room 212. Next to Thaddious Holden on one side, and Andre Taylor on the other. Haislip was suitemates w/ Holden.

Ran into your boy Whitten a few times as well.

And, really, he isn't the same player as Winslow. Whitten is a great guy, good player, but he's not a future Pro Bowler as Winslow is.

And yes, UT won at the OB, then acted like assholes afterwards. You didnt see The U destroying **** in Neyland in '02.
Actually, I lived at 15th and Laurel in the Fort. Yes, I've eaten at the VI, been to the complex, etc., etc. My best friend in school was an O lineman. When were you there?

Winslow is extremely talented - I'm not arguing that. Was it his his foot, ankle, or leg that he broke? I can't remember. But I think you'll have to agree that Whitten made quite a splash as a rookie, especially considering how low he was drafted. He was basically the only offense the Cowboys had.

Winslow a future hall of famer? Bro, don't you think that's a little premature? Maybe you should wait until he actually PLAYS A FULL SEASON before you induct him into the HOF. If his name wasn't "Winslow" I don't think you would be nearly so high on him. Ben Troupe, Whitten, Tony Gonzalez, are all ahead of him at this point.

I hope you and all the other U clones enjoy finishing third in the ACC behind FSU and VaTech.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Hey, Nole, I have a question...I know that your LB corp is outstanding, but what about the front four?
YOu lost Travis Johnson, Eric Moore, etc...who is ooing to be the other safety next to Watkins? The other corner?
Interesting questions. But I will tell you this. Our front four this year is better than last year. In fact Kamerion Wimbley got "most dominant player in spring" award which is pretty damn good to be a d-tackle and get that. Clifton dickson came in second for that! That tells you that our front four is beastly.

As for Watkins I feel bad for him. He has SOMEHOW gotten bumped to second string and he is not happy about it at all. There is a lot of politics inolved I think but hopefully he will have the job come fall. They might be testing him. Kyler Hall (john lynch type of safety) is the other safety.

Noles should really kick ass on D this year!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I graduated last year.

3rd place for us? What about UT? I know what the 2ndary looks like. Allen is your only player. Have fun getting to go up against Ol Ball Coach and Urban Meyers w/ that 2ndary. And I see your go to LSU. They sure talk a big game but I don't know what they'll be like after Saban is gone.

Now, we've got our work cut out for us. We and FSU both have bad OL's (from what I've read of our spring game and what Lake has said). VT has Vick at QB. Even their own fans admit he's not lived up to the hype. Hasn't put it together yet. So, VT is the team to beat in the ACC, but it is not theirs to run away with. And throw in the ACC championship, which is in Jacksonville. I'm not sure if VT plays FSU, they didn't last year, but one team has beat the other 2 probably 3 times which is tough to do. Lake do you know if you guys play VT this year?

And re-read my post, I said Winslow was a future Pro Bowler. We've got another on his way to the NFL - goes by the name of Greg Olson.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I graduated last year.

3rd place for us? What about UT? I know what the 2ndary looks like. Allen is your only player. Have fun getting to go up against Ol Ball Coach and Urban Meyers w/ that 2ndary. And I see your go to LSU. They sure talk a big game but I don't know what they'll be like after Saban is gone.

Now, we've got our work cut out for us. We and FSU both have bad OL's (from what I've read of our spring game and what Lake has said). VT has Vick at QB. Even their own fans admit he's not lived up to the hype. Hasn't put it together yet. So, VT is the team to beat in the ACC, but it is not theirs to run away with. And throw in the ACC championship, which is in Jacksonville. I'm not sure if VT plays FSU, they didn't last year, but one team has beat the other 2 probably 3 times which is tough to do. Lake do you know if you guys play VT this year?

And re-read my post, I said Winslow was a future Pro Bowler. We've got another on his way to the NFL - goes by the name of Greg Olson.
Miami
citadel
@boston college
syracuse
wake forest
@virginia
@duke
maryland
NC state
@clemson
@florida

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Interesting that y'all and VT do not play for the 2nd year in a row. Are we both in the same division? Last I remember we weren't, and I thought VT was in our division.

Bumbaclaat

Awards
Interesting questions. But I will tell you this. Our front four this year is better than last year. In fact Kamerion Wimbley got "most dominant player in spring" award which is pretty damn good to be a d-tackle and get that. Clifton dickson came in second for that! That tells you that our front four is beastly.

As for Watkins I feel bad for him. He has SOMEHOW gotten bumped to second string and he is not happy about it at all. There is a lot of politics inolved I think but hopefully he will have the job come fall. They might be testing him. Kyler Hall (john lynch type of safety) is the other safety.

Noles should really kick ass on D this year!
Strange how the guys last year who did not START going to be better than the ones who STARTED last year. An c'mon, Kyler Hall a John Lynch type safety...more like Kelly Lynch. I do think your defense is going to be good again, however your offense is going to be anemic again. The problem with FSU is that they play waaaaaaay to conservative against us, and if the game is close, we are going to win, period. FSU can talk whatever they want, but when it comes down to it, we know we can win, you guys think you can win.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Haha kelly lynch? riiiight.. your more than welcome to watch the spring prospectus video and see the hits for yourself.. at first i was just merely saying that he is more of a run stopping safety but now that you bring it up he really is an all out good tackler, hitter, etc. he has impressed me greatly with his smarts.. you can talk all the smack you want but it will come down to labor day and monday night. we will see how many yards you get off of cromartie.. dont get me started on your secondary

Bumbaclaat

Awards
Haha kelly lynch? riiiight.. your more than welcome to watch the spring prospectus video and see the hits for yourself.. at first i was just merely saying that he is more of a run stopping safety but now that you bring it up he really is an all out good tackler, hitter, etc. he has impressed me greatly with his smarts.. you can talk all the smack you want but it will come down to labor day and monday night. we will see how many yards you get off of cromartie.. dont get me started on your secondary
Yawn...I've been a Miami fan probably longer than you have been alive and its the same thing every year. You compared a safety that hasn't done much in his FSU career to an NFL Pro Bowler? C'mon. You can diss our DBs all you want but I don't seem to remember them doing too bad against you guys...and that is the bottomline. You can say what you want, but if its a battle between Randy Shannon and Jeff Bowden, I'm going with Randy. Your front seven will be good, but other than Cromartie, your DBs are suspect...even Watkins has poor hips. Who is going to be the other corner? Ford? Bryant? Speaking of your DL, who is going to be the other DE?

I know you are an FSU player, but you can join the long line of FSU players like Eric Moore, Kendyll Pope, sheesh your whole last two senior classes that have yet to beat Miami. Both teams have holes, but I will take our holes over yours.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i wasnt comparing kyler to john lynch.. if you would have read my last post than you would have seen that i was trying to say he is "that type of safety".. there are two types of defensive backs.. physical/hard hitting backs and coverage backs.. its like ty law vs. samari rolle. two TOTALLY different kind of corners. the other corner will be gerrard ross. all i can say is ill see you on labor day.. monday night..

haha your corners didnt do too bad? hell my little sister wouldn't do too bad with chris rix playing qb.. i give your corners no credit there.

and also just because we have guys that have never started before doesnt mean we wont be better on D than last year because it is totally political to get a starting spot in D1 and you can be better than someone and still not start in front of them TRUST ME ON THAT.. and despite our qb situation i remember leon washington being the leading running back for rushing in the ACC

Bumbaclaat

Awards
i wasnt comparing kyler to john lynch.. if you would have read my last post than you would have seen that i was trying to say he is "that type of safety".. there are two types of defensive backs.. physical/hard hitting backs and coverage backs.. its like ty law vs. samari rolle. two TOTALLY different kind of corners. the other corner will be gerrard ross. all i can say is ill see you on labor day.. monday night..

haha your corners didnt do too bad? hell my little sister wouldn't do too bad with chris rix playing qb.. i give your corners no credit there.

and also just because we have guys that have never started before doesnt mean we wont be better on D than last year because it is totally political to get a starting spot in D1 and you can be better than someone and still not start in front of them TRUST ME ON THAT.. and despite our qb situation i remember leon washington being the leading running back for rushing in the ACC
I remember Leon not doing too much to us with a lot better offensive line than he will have this season. "Kyler Hall (john lynch type of safety) is the other safety." That is what you said...now I dunno, I don't have a FSU education, but it is a comparison. I hear you about it being political, but at the end of the day, its about winning, and if someone is better, they play. Wimberly or whatever was not better than Davis or Moore. Are any of your corners better than McFadden or Smith? Kyler Hall may be an upgrade from Osei and Carter, but that isn't saying much.

Look the strength of your team is going to be your LBs...but having guys like Travis Johnson kept OL off of the LBs...but with Nicholson's DUI and Sims' leg break, hopefully they will be ready to go...because I don't want no excuses after no. 7.

Hopefully, you will and I will talk up until the game as I will be in Trailerhassee for the game, and I would shake your hand win or lose.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
haha good stuff... hell im a good sport... one of the few kids who doesnt talk **** on the field... no need to just go out there and play, if you get your ass handed to you or whatever than you didnt play hard enough, shoulda trained harder.

I believe Cromartie will be better than McFadden, however, we will have to wait and see whether this will be the year that this is true. If he plays as he has played all spring than I definitly say Cromartie is ready. I have had to run many a routes against him and he truly is a shutdown corner. And I will say this with great certainty that he is a possible future champ bailey (haha and yes this is a comparison). He loves contact and he plays aggressive, he kind of reminds me of a terrel owens but at corner. Very lean, good muscular base, tall, etc. Not extremely shift, but can open the gate fast enough to defend the fade with ease.

Sims will definitely be ready, becuase he will be lifting with his legs again in the next month. Nicholson is fine, despite that crap. and Buster is definitely ready to get out there as well.

I think you guys see our team enough to know our strengths and weaknesses as we do you but there are always surprises and I think our D-lineman are what is going to really surprise you (they sure as hell surprised me).

Brock Landers

Awards
Ass

I hope you and all the other U clones enjoy finishing third in the ACC behind FSU and VaTech.[/QUOTE]

You sir....are an ass. When People write books about how your football program has forever changed the landscape of college football....then talk.....better yet, dont.

UM Clone......good lord....I cant event justify this. We probably have a quarter the fan base of UT...but thats probably because its difficult for one-tooth rednecks to pronounce "Hurricane" anyways.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
:rofl: @ Brock.

I once had someone ask me who the "Hurrikins" were. (It is difficult to spell how rednecks pronounce.)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
B - get me a ticket to the FSU game!!! I've finally got enough vacation that I can take the Tuesday off. I've never been to an FSU game, really want to go.

Brock Landers

Awards
Looks like Tennessee just lost Brent Schaeffer for good.....too bad.

utk1976

Awards
Looks like Tennessee just lost Brent Schaeffer for good.....too bad.
Yeah, but I think that everyone saw that coming. He's a good QB, no doubt. Unfortunately, he just happened to land at TN at the same time as Ainge. I suspect that he was not going to be the starter this fall. It will be interesting to see where he winds up.

On a different note, how is Frank Gore's draft stock? I think that the team that takes a chance on him will benefit in the end.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've heard Gore is at best a 3rd, but more likely a 4th or 5th. We'll see. I do agree. I think he had the chance to be THE best RB at The U ever after his 9.1 ypc freshman year. It just didn't work out with the knee injuries. Last year it looked like he lost much of his burst. He's a different runner now. He'll just need time to adjust to a more bruising type of game. He definately could be a 1000 yd RB in the NFL.

But, God, was he spectacular in '01!

utk1976

Awards
I've heard Gore is at best a 3rd, but more likely a 4th or 5th. We'll see. I do agree. I think he had the chance to be THE best RB at The U ever after his 9.1 ypc freshman year. It just didn't work out with the knee injuries. Last year it looked like he lost much of his burst. He's a different runner now. He'll just need time to adjust to a more bruising type of game. He definately could be a 1000 yd RB in the NFL.

But, God, was he spectacular in '01!
NO ONE is the "same" the first year back from knee surgery. Sure, there are exceptions, but that seems to be the case generally. I would not be surprised if Gore improves substantially once he begins working with NFL trainers. Also, I don't think that injuries are the draft day death sentence that they once were. Medicine and rehab have improved greatly. I hope he does really well. I'm also going to keep my eye on Portis up in Buffalo (it is Portis up there right?). Travis Henry had a 1500 yard year for those jerks and they reward him by drafting a tailback. I hope that Henry lands on his feet somewhere.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing that guy Youngblood (true freshman) from Texas. He's supposed to be a monster.

To Brock Landers: Bro, looking back over this thread, I just saw your comments re: me being an ass. Miami had a a great run, but "changed the landscape of college football..."? I'm sure that Alabama, Braska and Notre Dame fans would like to discuss that point with you.

"We probably have a quarter the fan base of UT...but thats probably because its difficult for one-tooth rednecks to pronounce "Hurricane" anyways.

The Vols have a big fanbase. I really don't know why folks in Miami don't support their team. The other two Florida schools don't have that problem. Also, just for the record, I have all my own teeth and 3 college degrees, so I think I can pronounce "Hurricane." (That is, unless I'm busy having sex with my cousin, out in the barn, with a dip of skoal in, next to the General Lee, etc. etc. ad infinitum - just throw in whatever stereotypes you feel are appropriate).

Based on your posts, it would seem that there are some rednecks in Florida as well.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Willis McGahee. They drafted him thinking he'd be better than Henry. Looks to have turned out correct. He's a physical freak. He'll be one of the best backs in the AFC.

Miami's fan base is more spread out than any other team. I remember in S. FLA there were almost as many Gator and Nole fans. Most of us moved off (those that graduated ended up in larger northern cities it seems). I met quite a few Canes that went to UT while I was there. Part of the problem about support in Miami is that so many people want to move to S. FLA. They come already rooting for another team, for the most part.

Seriously, if you don't think Miami changed the face of college football, you are crazy. No game did more for opening up the passing game than Miami's (led by a freshman QB - Bernie Kosar) upset of #1 Nebraska in the '83 OB for the national title.

And we had a 10 year run (83-93) likely not to be reproduced in the age of scholarship limitations (although SC could if they keep it up).

He was speaking of "How Miami Changed The Face of College Football" by Bruce Feldman of ESPN.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What happened to Brent Schaffer? Transferred?

Brock Landers

Awards
Had a great run? We were 1 game away from a fifth, yes fifth, consecutive BCS game this last year. Thats with a subpar QB and losing 21 guys to the first round of the NFL draft over the past few years. Saying that our "run" is over is an ignorant comment, hence the ass remark.

As far as changed the face of college football....I didnt make that up...Just stated the facts....see for yourself..

Amazon.com: Cane Mutiny: How the Miami Hurricanes Overturned the Football Establishment: Bruce Feldman: Books

Read it and you'll understand what I say something like that.

Moving to tha ACC is definitely a challenge....but so was returning from our near death penalty back in the mid 90's to win yet another NC. I think we're up for that.

Bottom line....I dont think you should make comments on our program since what you have said dosent hold much water.

"Based on your posts, it would seem that there are some rednecks in Florida as well. " - come on Captain Fantastic, you can do better than that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, if you don't think Miami changed the face of college football, you are crazy. No game did more for opening up the passing game than Miami's (led by a freshman QB - Bernie Kosar) upset of #1 Nebraska in the '83 OB for the national title
That was an unbelievable game, can't help but watch it every time it comes out on ESPN classics, and I can't believe Nebraska would make such a call on the 2 point conversion

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
There is a Neb. grad that I worked with on a project for a few weeks. He says that every Neb. fan respects and wanted Osbourne to go for 2. They loved him for that. Took balls.

But ole Schnelly had one helluva game plan. Going in, we didn't have a chance.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There is a Neb. grad that I worked with on a project for a few weeks. He says that every Neb. fan respects and wanted Osbourne to go for 2. They loved him for that. Took balls.

But ole Schnelly had one helluva game plan. Going in, we didn't have a chance.
My bad, I meant they play they called, not going for 2. I'd go fake dive (weak side) to the FB and option toss with the RB to the strong side.