Man suing Eagles

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure if this hit the national scene but some guy is suing the Birds...
He was one of the people that helped shovel the snow from the stadium before the NFC championship game..
He claims "They gave me a shovel but no gloves" now he is suing because he has had 8 fingers removed from his hands due to frostbite.
Also claims the Eagles have not paid me for the work yet... :blink:

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I laughed when I heard about the lawsuit but a guy on my local sports talk show says the guy actually has a good case because of PA Labor Laws. Sucks to have to lose 8 fingers, i can't imagine the last 2 are gonna be good for anything.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
What is this guy...a child? Can he not take care of himself. Hmmm, it's snowing and it's really cold outside...nah I don't need gloves. Almost as bad as someone sueing McDumpsters because they're fat.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh boy. See this is why the govt bans things. Most people can't be trusted to look out for themselves. It's sad that this dumb bastard doesn't know to wear gloves when it's cold. Man o Man. :frustrate

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There goes his snow shoveling career. He could have simply walked away if they didn't give him gloves, but maybe he's banking on Jefferey Lurie to settle out of court or something

BTW, I've never had to endure weather worse than 30 degrees, but I find it damm hard to believe you would lose 8 fingers from frostbite ?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I've never had to endure weather worse than 30 degrees, but I find it damm hard to believe you would lose 8 fingers from frostbite ?
Oh it could happen. I think your fingers going numb would be your first clue to either take a break or get some damn gloves!

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
Supposedly, he was outside for 14 hours without any gloves or a heavy coat. The funny part was that he knew he was going to the stadium to clean up snow out of the stands and didn't bother to wear a coat, hat or gloves. What a moron!!!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Oh it could happen. I think your fingers going numb would be your first clue to either take a break or get some damn gloves!
Damm I was not aware it could happen that easily

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There goes his snow shoveling career. He could have simply walked away if they didn't give him gloves, but maybe he's banking on Jefferey Lurie to settle out of court or something

Believe it bro. Believe it.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
He does have a case :think: He was employed by the temp agency who was acting as an agent for the Eagles.
And was not provided with hazardous weather gear as is required..
Also there was no direct supervision which also must be provided under these conditions. And was not trained to deal with these conditions
by the temp agency which cannot assume that day employees will know that exposure to such conditions would cause frostbite..
All this according to his lawyer Jackie Frazier-Lyde(Joe Fraziers daughter)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
He does have a case :think: He was employed by the temp agency who was acting as an agent for the Eagles.
And was not provided with hazardous weather gear as is required..
Also there was no direct supervision which also must be provided under these conditions. And was not trained to deal with these conditions
by the temp agency which cannot assume that day employees will know that exposure to such conditions would cause frostbite..
All this according to his lawyer Jackie Frazier-Lyde(Joe Fraziers daughter)
No doubt he has a case. Doesn't change the fact that he's a fucking moron!