Jose Canseco tells on George Bush, McGwire, Giambi, Ivan Rodriguez, etc.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by yankees3
    If it wasn't for the balco scandal and the gov't threatening to get involved baseball still wouldn't care about 'roids in the game. The "Juice derby" (Sosa vs McGuire) and the surge in power numbers were the only thing that saved the game after the strike year. If it wasn't for roids and the homerun race bringing the fans back, Baseball could have been in the same boat as the NHL. Of course baseball didnt care, 'roids saved the game. I for one, don't care. My team has 2 admitted juicers on it (Shef and Giambi), one ex member that I believe has to be on something (Clemens) and I'll still be watching every game this year. I'll still drive 2 hours to have beer thrown at me just to see them play ( in Cleveland). It makes for a good story but I bet this will be MLB's best season ever. In the end, MLB doesn't care, a lot of players don't care and i don't think the fans will care.
    How about this a Red Sox fan and Yankee fan agree..

How can we condem anyone using anything to enhance athletic ability.This is what this board is about, whether it's legal or not.I choose not to use AAS/pro-hormone because of 2 reasons my health and it's temporary,but I would never say it's wrong for anyone else.We pay good money to see ball players hit home runs and make great plays.How many ball players use athletic enhancing substances 40%-60% who really knows so alot of players may take it just to be even with all the rest.I know this if someone told me take this and you could earn millions I kinda think I would take it and say to hell with the risks..

2. Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    How about this a Red Sox fan and Yankee fan agree..

How can we condem anyone using anything to enhance athletic ability.This is what this board is about, whether it's legal or not.I choose not to use AAS/pro-hormone because of 2 reasons my health and it's temporary,but I would never say it's wrong for anyone else.We pay good money to see ball players hit home runs and make great plays.How many ball players use athletic enhancing substances 40%-60% who really knows so alot of players may take it just to be even with all the rest.I know this if someone told me take this and you could earn millions I kinda think I would take it and say to hell with the risks..
    Especially if I knew the chances of getting caught were next to nil and the consequence of getting caught was nothing more than a slap on the wrist. People would be a LOT less likely to use if the testing and punishment was similar to that in the Olympics. First time, 2 year ban, second time, your done for life. Not only that, but testing is done year around with no notice whatsoever. I think in baseball, even with the new rules in place, it'll take a player getting caught 4 times to get to a one year suspension. Actually here's an excerpt I found regarding the new and old consequences of steroid use.

"A first positive test would result in a penalty of 10 days, a second positive test in a 30-day ban, a third positive in a 60-day penalty, and a fourth positive test in a one-year ban, all without pay. A player who tests positive a fifth time would be subject to discipline determined by the commissioner.
    Under the previous agreement, a first positive test resulted only in treatment, and a second positive test was subject to a 15-day suspension. Only with a fifth positive test would a a player subject to a one-year ban."

Found this too. Good reason for players to use GH.

"Human growth hormone was added to a widened list of banned substances, but it will be found only when science determines a way to detect it in urine samples. Currently, it can be found only in blood tests, which will not be conducted in baseball."
    •   

3. IF Baseball and other sports were TRULY serious about ridding it of the drugs they would have a 100% zero tolerance policy.

get caught? You're gone for good. Lifetime ban.

Think many would use then? I suspect no.

They don't want to rid sportsof drugs because of the effect the performance of the players IS having on the game - more exciting in some instances. Plus, no media is bad media.

4. Senator Macain pushed for something like this. I agree with you. Also, money is a deciding factor in all of this as well. But when is it never not about money.

5. I think the NFL have the best drug policy going. They had to in order to rid the stigma and perception people had of the players. You know.. Nate Newton who weighs 320, benches 800 and can run a 40 in 4.8 seconds? lol

I actually wish sports in general would adpot a zero tolerance policy on a lot of things players do. Hockey, for instance, high stick a player? Gone for the season. Hit a player form behind? Gone from the season. Cause serious injury with either of those two actions? Gone for life.

Things like that would seriously sports of the crap and get it back to how the games should be played.

Just my opinion though.

As for the drugs. I have two opinions. Let them use so that it's an EVEN playing field or don't let them use but make sure you have the toughest punishment procedures around to enforce this or it'll be a joke... just like it is.
    •   

6. what time does 60 minutes come on sunday?

i never watch tv

7. Roids can not only benefit a pitcher, but they can make a DH into a pitcher, don't forget that Jose pitched for the Rangers when they were getting blown out and didn't want to use their other arms

8. I gave in a bought the book.
    I did so because it was on sale, and its not an autobiography about Canseco, its strickly about anabolics.
    It's interesting, and maybe i've bought into the propaganda - but he's not a 'bad guy'.
    He's done lots of nice things for disabled children.
    He's actually a pretty insecure guy who is shy.

interperet as you will
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protesting George Bush Brazilian Style !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 12:32 PM
  2. George Bush Has Been Fudging The Numbers ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 12:24 PM
  3. George Bush behaving like an ape!!
    By Thrall in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 08:38 AM