GAME DAY HAS ARRIVED post your prediction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ok it's game day fella's, start cookin the wings and put that keg on ice.

Lets here some predictions Whoever is right bobo has generously donated his time. He will fly out to live with you for a month and make sure you stick with diet and training to a T. :D He hasn't authorized it but I don't see it being a problem. LOL Only one catch, if he catches you slacking off for even a second, he gets to beat you with a bamboo cane. Again his rule not mine. :whip: :D

OK
Eagles 24-14, Owens scoring 2 touchdowns.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
34-17 Eagles! Two TDs passing.....TO and Greg Lewis, One running..... Westbrook and One on STs...JR Reed. The rest is David "Money" Akers left leg.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I give the Pats a 14 point spread...

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
17-14 eagles. akers field goal in the last minute.kearse gets 2 sacks and dawkins puts deion branch out of the game with a visous hit. go birds!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
C'mon now. PATS will cover the spread. As far as the score, who cares. A win is a win.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I want the Eagles to win, but since they have to play Donovan McNabb, and this couldn't have happened 10 years ago so Randal Cunningham could lead them, I have to give the game *sob* to the Pats... asdkfjalkfjslkjf Damn Pats.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
28-20 Eagles! Eagles win on field postion and D. Akers kicks
record number of FG`s.

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
I'll take the pats and give up the points on the spread. I'd like to see Greg Lewis score though, he went to my highschool.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Pats 24
Eagles 20
Seahawks 0

MVP: Rodney Harrison
Freddie Mitchell's #: 4 for 51 yard (no td, one fumble)
TO's #: 9 catches for 130 (thats whats up)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Pats 26
Eagles 18
Seahawks 0

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Eagles fans. Maybe next year huh.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
My predict: 31-20
Final score: 24-21

Not to shabby...

But gotta give props to sage; he just about nailed it, 24-20! Good call...

Except for the Mitchell predict.. :)

And yeah, McNabb stinks. He's no QB. All you gotta do is hit him a few times and he folds up, period.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
24-21 NE
My prediction... 24-20 NE

TO numbers: 9 for 122 yds
My prediction... 9 for 130 yds

Seahawks Final Total: 0
My prediction..... 0

Get OFF me!!
Sage.... yes, SAGE

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
24-21 NE

My prediction..... 0

Get OFF me!!
Sage.... yes, SAGE
And I do think Rodney should have gotten the MVP nod, but Branch was great too.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Worst clock management I have ever seen by the Eagles in the 4th, who huddles down 10 with 4 mins left on every play? You gotta be kidding me.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
24-21 NE

My prediction..... 0

Get OFF me!!
Sage.... yes, SAGE
Good work. I did get the seahawks prediction right too.
Never thought Owens would be a factor.
I didn't watch the game though.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
And Mcnabb is still overated.
Did Rush Limbaugh get fired for saying something like that on ESPN??? (better watch your self nate, I smell a ban :D)

I only watched bits and peices of the superbowl. I've been doing homework. I was happy about the outcome though.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Did Rush Limbaugh get fired for saying something like that on ESPN??? (better watch your self nate, I smell a ban :D)

I only watched bits and peices of the superbowl. I've been doing homework. I was happy about the outcome though.
Rush Limbaugh had no business being a sports commentator. Just like Dennis Miller had no business being a commentator on MNF. And I still say Mcnabb is overrated.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Rush Limbaugh had no business being a sports commentator. Just like Dennis Miller had no business being a commentator on MNF. And I still say Mcnabb is overrated.
Regardless, it was still ridiculous what he was forced to resign over.

Dennis Miller was there for ratings. He's funny :D

Mcnabb is overrated. I don't disagree with you there...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
24-21 NE

My prediction..... 0

Get OFF me!!
Sage.... yes, SAGE
damn, go ahead psycho......psychic, i mean.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With your predictions, you can join that list.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok it's game day fella's, start cookin the wings and put that keg on ice.

Lets here some predictions Whoever is right bobo has generously donated his time. He will fly out to live with you for a month and make sure you stick with diet and training to a T. :D He hasn't authorized it but I don't see it being a problem. LOL Only one catch, if he catches you slacking off for even a second, he gets to beat you with a bamboo cane. Again his rule not mine. :whip: :D

OK
Eagles 24-14, Owens scoring 2 touchdowns.

Well it look like Sage is the closest but since we had a bet on whether the Eagles get to the playoffs, we're even :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
With your predictions, you can join that list.
I said the Eagles would lose, they did. Now if I was a betting man, I would have lost seeing as the Pats only won by 3. You would honestly put me on a list with Rush and Dennis Miller? Wow, I'm honored, both are very intelligent men. Thanks Bobo. :)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Then you're nuts as well....
How do you contend he isn't?

He looked like **** out there. Scared and startled. If not for his receivers I doubt he'd have more than 100 yard passing and STILL have 3 picks. Actually, he'd have 4 picks - Pinkston made an amazing grab to prevent it from getting to the Pat's DB.

Good QB but not worth the hype this year.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Good job on the cats who got the Seahawks final score correct. Ha, yea man.... i did blatantly predict the eagles wouldnt even make the playoffs at the beginning of the season. Even
Sage

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
24-21 NE

My prediction..... 0

Get OFF me!!
Sage.... yes, SAGE
Sage you were damn close.

Eagles played well but turnovers and inexperience hurt us down the stretch. I gotta give props to TO the man played a good game despite his ankle. Sad Sad days everyone in philly is heart broken. :sick:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Well it look like Sage is the closest but since we had a bet on whether the Eagles get to the playoffs, we're even :D
LOL as long as it's all square.

To the McNabb haters, over rated? The last few years this QB let his team the nfc championship and this year the super bowl. Now if you want mention and over rated QB Vick is the first name that comes to mind.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
To the McNabb haters, over rated? The last few years this QB let his team the nfc championship and this year the super bowl. Now if you want mention and over rated QB Vick is the first name that comes to mind.
Bingo!

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No doubts about Vick. I don't even consider him a QB.

As for McNabb, that's why I bolded "this" year in my reply. Also because I believe Bobo characterized Big Ben and his picks as "rookie" mistakes, etc. Same could be said for McNabb. He looked like a complete and utter rookie (in the SuperBowl).

I still think he's a great QB. This was just the start for Eangle's fans. Greay team, under the cap, good rookies. Yep... it's early for them.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you contend he isn't?

He looked like **** out there. Scared and startled. If not for his receivers I doubt he'd have more than 100 yard passing and STILL have 3 picks. Actually, he'd have 4 picks - Pinkston made an amazing grab to prevent it from getting to the Pat's DB.

Good QB but not worth the hype this year.

How can I contend he isn't?

HE TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE SUPERBOWL WITH NO RUNNING GAME!

He had over 300 yards against the New England defense with NO RUNNING GAME.

Did Peyton Manning come close to that? Nope.

Overrated? You have to be completely clueless if think that.

He lost. Its that simple. If you think he's overrated because he lost to a team that won 3 Superbowls, you're nuts.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How can I contend he isn't?

HE TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE SUPERBOWL WITH NO RUNNING GAME!

He had over 300 yards against the New England defense with NO RUNNING GAME.

Did Peyton Manning come close to that? Nope.

Overrated? You have to be completely clueless if think that.

He lost. Its that simple. If you think he's overrated because he lost to a team that won 3 Superbowls, you're nuts.
Clueless?

I think he's overrated because of how he played... star struck, lost in space, goofy-eyed.

He couldn't get commend of his game. It was not entirely the Pat's D doing that. He started the way right off the bat. His receivers made the plays for him. I didn't see him help his receivers a whole hell of a lot.

So yeah, I think he was overrated coming into this game. Hell, I was even rooting for the Eagles *shakes head*

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, Clueless.

Its one game and you think he's overrated because of one game. Lets just throw out everything he did up to that point because of one game. He lost. Was he confused on a lot of plays? Yes but so was Tom Brady in the first half. He looked lost as well and until they got Corey Dillon going Brady was getting knocked around just as much.

There is your difference. The Pats has a running game to go to and the Eagles did not.

Overrated? Give me a break. YOu don't lead your team to the Superbowl the way he did being overrated.

And it funny now your saying its the receivers who make Donovan looked good when all I ever here is they have nobody but TO.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
30/51 357 yards 3 TD 3 INT

Overrated?

No, beaten by a very good defense that could tee off on him because they had NO fear of a running game. Its a lot easier when you can blitz one LB every down and drop the rest in coverage because you don't fear a run at all. You throw iunto coverage like that 51 times and you are going to have picks. You can't throw the ball 51 times and win against a good defense.

You can say he was confused and beaten but saying he is overrated is completely ridiculous.

For all the mistakes he made he still had a chance to win the game. This could could have went either way but the Eagles simply didn't capitalize in the first half and it cost them in the long run. And if you don't capitalize against the Patriots, you lose.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Clueless.

Its one game and you think he's overrated because of one game. Lets just throw out everything he did up to that point because of one game. He lost. Was he confused on a lot of plays? Yes but so was Tom Brady in the first half. He looked lost as well and until they got Corey Dillon going Brady was getting knocked around just as much.

There is your difference. The Pats has a running game to go to and the Eagles did not.

Overrated? Give me a break. YOu don't lead your team to the Superbowl the way he did being overrated.

And it funny now your saying its the receivers who make Donovan looked good when all I ever here is they have nobody but TO.

What I am doing is harping on how you also think the Steelers and Big Ben were overrated. Just as you knit picked at Big Ben, McNabb deserves it too.

Right? Nope. But fair is fair. As you said, he looked lost, confused and made some big mistakes in the game. And you're right.. doesn't deminish what he's done this year just as it didn't for Ben and the Steelers.

As for leading his team... I'll say he did it in a very weak conference. Horribly weak.

I will say, though, that suggesting he is overrated was harsh. Not overrated but definitely didn't live up to his hype. TO? As much as I hate the fucker... HE lived up to his hype.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
30/51 357 yards 3 TD 3 INT

Overrated?

No, beaten by a very good defense that could tee off on him because they had NO fear of a running game. Its a lot easier when you can blitz one LB every down and drop the rest in coverage because you don't fear a run at all. You throw iunto coverage like that 51 times and you are going to have picks. You can't throw the ball 51 times and win against a good defense.

You can say he was confused and beaten but saying he is overrated is completely ridiculous.
Would have been 4 picks if not for Pinkston's nice jumping grab down the field.

;)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Either way.. it was a boring ass game in my opinion. I was drooling at the hype surrounding these two teams and in the end it was a let down.

The defense's put on one hell of a show though.

WHO ELSE thought it was a joke to go for the onside kick? The Eagles D were holding them nicely by this point. They could have had the ball back with the 47 seconds remaining at their 30-40 yard line instead of 47 seconds and on your 4 yard line!

What a shitty call in my opinion.

What did others think as that was happening?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I am doing is harping on how you also think the Steelers and Big Ben were overrated. Just as you knit picked at Big Ben, McNabb deserves it too.

Right? Nope. But fair is fair. As you said, he looked lost, confused and made some big mistakes in the game. And you're right.. doesn't deminish what he's done this year just as it didn't for Ben and the Steelers.

As for leading his team... I'll say he did it in a very weak conference. Horribly weak.

I will say, though, that suggesting he is overrated was harsh. Not overrated but definitely didn't live up to his hype. TO? As much as I hate the fucker... HE lived up to his hype.

I suggest you look at what Mcnabb did in the last 3 playoff games compared to what Big Ben did.

Actually look at what Mcnabb did all year then look at what Big Ben did. Comparing the two is ridiculous. I said Big Ben made rookie mistakes in both the Jets game AND the Steelers game and he didn't even throw for 200 yards in EITHER on them.

Give me the running game that the Steelers have then put Mcnabb back there and see what happens.

Weak conference? Oh yeah I remember that arguement now. Eagles didn't belong there and the Colts and Steelers would both beat the Eagles. Sorry, wrong again. The Eagles lost by 3 points and could have won that game.

You conference arguement goes out the window. The game showed the truth. The Eagles were clearly better than both the Colts AND Steelers.

Mcnabb overrated. Man that takes the cake.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
No doubts about Vick. I don't even consider him a QB.

As for McNabb, that's why I bolded "this" year in my reply. Also because I believe Bobo characterized Big Ben and his picks as "rookie" mistakes, etc. Same could be said for McNabb. He looked like a complete and utter rookie (in the SuperBowl).

I still think he's a great QB. This was just the start for Eangle's fans. Greay team, under the cap, good rookies. Yep... it's early for them.
Although I don't think McNabb looked like a Rookie I would say he showed his inexperience in a game of this magnitude. He threw some balls that made me shake my head but hell he had a partiots D blitzing every other down because we don't have a running game. When it comes down to it Patriots won, their strategy prevailed. We had opportunity in the first half when Brady was confused and we didn't capitalize. :sad:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd also like to know what the **** the Eagles coaching staff were thinking not going into no-huddle with 5 mins, then 4 then 3 and then 2 mins left to go in the game.

Doesn't make sense

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bobo I know you wish you could of been in Philly. You would of been going nutz here. Everyone and I mean everyone was wearing something Eagles, faces painted, the whole nine yards. I've never felt more of a community then yesterday. On sunday philly was truly the city of brotherly love.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WHO ELSE thought it was a joke to go for the onside kick? The Eagles D were holding them nicely by this point.
The Patriots went down the whole field in 2 series while taking a LARGE amount of time off the clock with Dillon. They were basically moving down the field very handily at this point because the defense was gassed. They were on the field the whole 3rd quarter. Even the announcers comments on this after they scored the 3rd touchdown. The walked off the field looked completely spent.

They had the ball on the 30 yard line with a minute left IF they didn't commit a holding pently on the kickoff. They would have had pleny of time to go down and kick the fieldgoal but that pentaly killed them and put them on the 10 yard line. At that point, they were done. You cna't give up 20 yards in the last minute of the game.

You can always question clock management but as a fan you don't know what the actualy condition of the team is. From the looks of it, they were spent on both sides (cramping up and needing oxygen in between series). I'm sure he is getting killed up in Philly about this but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt since they are on the sideline at the Superbolw and I'm sitting here in front of a computer.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo I know you wish you could of been in Philly. You would of been going nutz here. Everyone and I mean everyone was wearing something Eagles, faces painted, the whole nine yards. I've never felt more of a community then yesterday. On sunday philly was truly the city of brotherly love.
Had my jersey on the flag waving outside. :D

Even though tehy lost, I have a good feeling. They are getting everyone back, have their core signed for a long time and the coaching staff is going nowhere. Barring injuries, they should be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.