GAME DAY HAS ARRIVED post your prediction!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

30/51 357 yards 3 TD 3 INT

Overrated?

No, beaten by a very good defense that could tee off on him because they had NO fear of a running game. Its a lot easier when you can blitz one LB every down and drop the rest in coverage because you don't fear a run at all. You throw iunto coverage like that 51 times and you are going to have picks. You can't throw the ball 51 times and win against a good defense.

You can say he was confused and beaten but saying he is overrated is completely ridiculous.

For all the mistakes he made he still had a chance to win the game. This could could have went either way but the Eagles simply didn't capitalize in the first half and it cost them in the long run. And if you don't capitalize against the Patriots, you lose.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Yeah, Clueless.

Its one game and you think he's overrated because of one game. Lets just throw out everything he did up to that point because of one game. He lost. Was he confused on a lot of plays? Yes but so was Tom Brady in the first half. He looked lost as well and until they got Corey Dillon going Brady was getting knocked around just as much.

There is your difference. The Pats has a running game to go to and the Eagles did not.

Overrated? Give me a break. YOu don't lead your team to the Superbowl the way he did being overrated.

And it funny now your saying its the receivers who make Donovan looked good when all I ever here is they have nobody but TO.

What I am doing is harping on how you also think the Steelers and Big Ben were overrated. Just as you knit picked at Big Ben, McNabb deserves it too.

Right? Nope. But fair is fair. As you said, he looked lost, confused and made some big mistakes in the game. And you're right.. doesn't deminish what he's done this year just as it didn't for Ben and the Steelers.

As for leading his team... I'll say he did it in a very weak conference. Horribly weak.

I will say, though, that suggesting he is overrated was harsh. Not overrated but definitely didn't live up to his hype. TO? As much as I hate the ****er... HE lived up to his hype.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%

30/51 357 yards 3 TD 3 INT

Overrated?

No, beaten by a very good defense that could tee off on him because they had NO fear of a running game. Its a lot easier when you can blitz one LB every down and drop the rest in coverage because you don't fear a run at all. You throw iunto coverage like that 51 times and you are going to have picks. You can't throw the ball 51 times and win against a good defense.

You can say he was confused and beaten but saying he is overrated is completely ridiculous.
    Would have been 4 picks if not for Pinkston's nice jumping grab down the field.

•   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%

Either way.. it was a boring ass game in my opinion. I was drooling at the hype surrounding these two teams and in the end it was a let down.

The defense's put on one hell of a show though.

WHO ELSE thought it was a joke to go for the onside kick? The Eagles D were holding them nicely by this point. They could have had the ball back with the 47 seconds remaining at their 30-40 yard line instead of 47 seconds and on your 4 yard line!

What a ****ty call in my opinion.

What did others think as that was happening?
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    What I am doing is harping on how you also think the Steelers and Big Ben were overrated. Just as you knit picked at Big Ben, McNabb deserves it too.

Right? Nope. But fair is fair. As you said, he looked lost, confused and made some big mistakes in the game. And you're right.. doesn't deminish what he's done this year just as it didn't for Ben and the Steelers.

As for leading his team... I'll say he did it in a very weak conference. Horribly weak.

I will say, though, that suggesting he is overrated was harsh. Not overrated but definitely didn't live up to his hype. TO? As much as I hate the ****er... HE lived up to his hype.

I suggest you look at what Mcnabb did in the last 3 playoff games compared to what Big Ben did.

Actually look at what Mcnabb did all year then look at what Big Ben did. Comparing the two is ridiculous. I said Big Ben made rookie mistakes in both the Jets game AND the Steelers game and he didn't even throw for 200 yards in EITHER on them.

Give me the running game that the Steelers have then put Mcnabb back there and see what happens.

Weak conference? Oh yeah I remember that arguement now. Eagles didn't belong there and the Colts and Steelers would both beat the Eagles. Sorry, wrong again. The Eagles lost by 3 points and could have won that game.

You conference arguement goes out the window. The game showed the truth. The Eagles were clearly better than both the Colts AND Steelers.

Mcnabb overrated. Man that takes the cake.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

No doubts about Vick. I don't even consider him a QB.

As for McNabb, that's why I bolded "this" year in my reply. Also because I believe Bobo characterized Big Ben and his picks as "rookie" mistakes, etc. Same could be said for McNabb. He looked like a complete and utter rookie (in the SuperBowl).

I still think he's a great QB. This was just the start for Eangle's fans. Greay team, under the cap, good rookies. Yep... it's early for them.
    Although I don't think McNabb looked like a Rookie I would say he showed his inexperience in a game of this magnitude. He threw some balls that made me shake my head but hell he had a partiots D blitzing every other down because we don't have a running game. When it comes down to it Patriots won, their strategy prevailed. We had opportunity in the first half when Brady was confused and we didn't capitalize.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%

I'd also like to know what the **** the Eagles coaching staff were thinking not going into no-huddle with 5 mins, then 4 then 3 and then 2 mins left to go in the game.

Doesn't make sense
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

Bobo I know you wish you could of been in Philly. You would of been going nutz here. Everyone and I mean everyone was wearing something Eagles, faces painted, the whole nine yards. I've never felt more of a community then yesterday. On sunday philly was truly the city of brotherly love.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

WHO ELSE thought it was a joke to go for the onside kick? The Eagles D were holding them nicely by this point.
    The Patriots went down the whole field in 2 series while taking a LARGE amount of time off the clock with Dillon. They were basically moving down the field very handily at this point because the defense was gassed. They were on the field the whole 3rd quarter. Even the announcers comments on this after they scored the 3rd touchdown. The walked off the field looked completely spent.

They had the ball on the 30 yard line with a minute left IF they didn't commit a holding pently on the kickoff. They would have had pleny of time to go down and kick the fieldgoal but that pentaly killed them and put them on the 10 yard line. At that point, they were done. You cna't give up 20 yards in the last minute of the game.

You can always question clock management but as a fan you don't know what the actualy condition of the team is. From the looks of it, they were spent on both sides (cramping up and needing oxygen in between series). I'm sure he is getting killed up in Philly about this but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt since they are on the sideline at the Superbolw and I'm sitting here in front of a computer.
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Bobo I know you wish you could of been in Philly. You would of been going nutz here. Everyone and I mean everyone was wearing something Eagles, faces painted, the whole nine yards. I've never felt more of a community then yesterday. On sunday philly was truly the city of brotherly love.
    Had my jersey on the flag waving outside.

Even though tehy lost, I have a good feeling. They are getting everyone back, have their core signed for a long time and the coaching staff is going nowhere. Barring injuries, they should be back!
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I will say, though, that suggesting he is overrated was harsh. Not overrated but definitely didn't live up to his hype.
    That was real harsh IMO. Who ever REALLY lives up to the hype? They set you up for failure. If you lose they kill you. If you win, you're the next football god and one the best players in history. They take it to far on both sides.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%

That was real harsh IMO. Who ever REALLY lives up to the hype? They set you up for failure. If you lose they kill you. If you win, you're the next football god and one the best players in history. They take it to far on both sides.
    I agree and why I said it was harsh.

On the other hand, Brady has won 3 SuperBowls and still has no hype to live up to. lol.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Didn't you know Brady is the new Montana? Brady is damn good but in the first half yesterday he looked average at best. I even cringed when Collinsworth said the Eagles were dominating the Patriots the first 2 quarters and putting a good ol' whoopin on them. I said "thats it, he just cursed us". I think Dillon was the major factor. When you can run the ball effectively and eat up the clock, it opens up everything.
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

philly will definitely be back next year. Not only is the core of the team signed (except J.Trot and mayberry) but they still have some cap room (i never understood how they pull that off year after year) so they'll only get better next year. Lewis is gonna be the reciever they hoped Pinkston and Mitchell would be when they drafted them and i think with him, T.O, Buckhalter and Westbrook (if they can both stay healthy for once) and LJ smith they will put up a ton of points next year and they will handle the big game pressure better than this year. It just sucked that Andy Reid took the Herm Edwards/Marty Schottenhiemer Clock Management Course before the game.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

LOL...yeah I bet he is getting butchered up there now.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think Tom Brady is overrated, he hasn't done anything super impressive, just placed the ball in spots that his receivers either get to or it gets dropped. Only thing impressive he does is not throw interceptions. I give all the hype he receives to his o-line and rest of the offense/defense. The next montana my ass.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    I think Tom Brady is overrated, he hasn't done anything super impressive, just placed the ball in spots that his receivers either get to or it gets dropped. Only thing impressive he does is not throw interceptions. I give all the hype he receives to his o-line and rest of the offense/defense. The next montana my ass.
    Oh man I've heard it all now. Ask anyone who knows anything about football and they'll tell you Brady is one of the best QB's in the NFL. It was and is apparent that he's much more poised and much cooler under pressure than Mcnabb is. Brady does not make mistakes. Not overrated to say the least. There is way more hype surrounding Mcnabb than there is Brady. And BTW Bohica you proved my point with your comments above. Wow. And I don't know about you all, but am I the only one that noticed that the Pats had two rookies and one 2nd year guy in the secondary (after Eugene Wilson left the game)? They still did a damn good job regardless. They also exposed the Eagles for what they really are and that's a one sided offense. Props to the D.
  18. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.52%

Dude... I think BOHICA was being fatuitous
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.59%

Give philly credit they pushed New England pretty hard.I do not think Mcnabb is overated he is a terrific quarterback, but I do agree the lack of a running game gave New England a big advantage containing him with different blitz packages.
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Give philly credit they pushed New England pretty hard.I do not think Mcnabb is overated he is a terrific quarterback, but I do agree the lack of a running game gave New England a big advantage containing him with different blitz packages.
    Exactly. All these people want to say "Mcnabb is overrated" when it comes down to New Englad had a very good running game and Philly did not. If you have to throw the ball 51 times, you're going to get picked against a top defense. But I guess you have to be flawless and win 3 Superbowls for you to NOT be overrated.

Some of these comments are flat out comical.

Ask Brady to throw it 51 times without a running game and he will get picked quite a few times. He had one fumble, one he chucked up in the air because he had a hand im his face that easily could have been intercepted (2 eagles standing aorund the ball) and one right through Sheldon Browns hands. So he was far from flawless.

New England played a great game. I just wonder if some of these people actually watched the game or just listened to the sports writers rendition of it.
  21. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    And I don't know about you all, but am I the only one that noticed that the Pats had two rookies and one 2nd year guy in the secondary (after Eugene Wilson left the game)? They still did a damn good job regardless. They also exposed the Eagles for what they really are and that's a one sided offense. Props to the D.
    I guess you are. Good teams have depth. Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard (both in their first FULL season) were unknowns last year but they are pro-bowlers now. On teams like these, second string could be starters for other teams.

One sided offense? I tihnk everyone on this earth knew that so no, they weren't exposed. If you actually knew anything about the Eagles they count screen and short dump off's as running plays. THey don't try to run the ball 25 times a game.
  22. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Oh man I've heard it all now. Ask anyone who knows anything about football .
    Bwahahah...
  23. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

Had my jersey on the flag waving outside.

Even though tehy lost, I have a good feeling. They are getting everyone back, have their core signed for a long time and the coaching staff is going nowhere. Barring injuries, they should be back!
    LOL I had my McNabb jersey on which unfortunately got beer and chili all over it haha. I feel the same about next year though. We have some money to spend and were a young team so as long as we stay healthy we got a good shot at being in Detroit. We need a running game though, lets sign barry sanders. LOL
  24. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

Brady did have a game with no running game and he had to throw it all game long...34-20 loss to Pittsburgh. Brady 25/43 271 2tds 2 INTs (numbers look a little like McNabbs don't they). Anybody can have a bad game when the D shuts down the run and they know you have to throw.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

Truly some boneheaded throws.. and some MC Nabbulous ones as well.
    How does a man throw a bullet between two defenders with the rush coming, off his back foot, then lob a duck down to the goal line?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

I guess you are. Good teams have depth. Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard (both in their first FULL season) were unknowns last year but they are pro-bowlers now. On teams like these, second string could be starters for other teams.

One sided offense? I tihnk everyone on this earth knew that so no, they weren't exposed. If you actually knew anything about the Eagles they count screen and short dump off's as running plays. THey don't try to run the ball 25 times a game.
    They're rookies for christ sakes. Anyways, whatever. And you wonder why Mcnabb has a high completion percentage. Most of his passes are high percentage throws (ie dump offs and screens). C'mon now. Westbrook is a very good player. He caught a lot of passes from Mcnabb that were way off the mark. He's really good in the open field too. Without him, Mcnabb could have easily passed for under 300 yards. In fact, most of Mcnabb's throws were off. His recievers made some really good catches in that game. Bailed his ass out several times. Oh and runs and screens are totally different. I don't know how you can say they count them as runs.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Truly some boneheaded throws.. and some MC Nabbulous ones as well.
    How does a man throw a bullet between two defenders with the rush coming, off his back foot, then lob a duck down to the goal line?
    I'll give Mcnabb that. That was an awesome throw between two defenders.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

IMO Philly had a golden chance to go ahead of New England by a solid margin early in the game but they just didn't have the killer instict that they needed to win. I was shocked that TO played as good as he did, he earned a lot of haters' respect back.

And JMO, McNabb is an elite QB, many teams would kill to have him and QB's are not solely responsible for the team's success. I'll take only take Manning and Brady over him but that's it. Reminds of how some people doubted Steve Young (some wanted him out LOL) because the 49ers lost back to back NFC title games to the Cowboys but it wasn't his fault the defense let the team down. I know it's not the exact same scenario with McNabb but have faith in him and keep him healthy
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    IMO Philly had a golden chance to go ahead of New England by a solid margin early in the game but they just didn't have the killer instict that they needed to win. I was shocked that TO played as good as he did, he earned a lot of haters' respect back.

And JMO, McNabb is an elite QB, many teams would kill to have him and QB's are not solely responsible for the team's success. I'll take only take Manning and Brady over him but that's it. Reminds of how some people doubted Steve Young (some wanted him out LOL) because the 49ers lost back to back NFC title games to the Cowboys but it wasn't his fault the defense let the team down. I know it's not the exact same scenario with McNabb but have faith in him and keep him healthy
    I loved Steve Young. Biggest heart of any quarterback I've ever seen play. Now a Hall of Famer. Well deserving of the honor. Marino was a lock. No surprise there. And I'm done argueing about this season. Time to look forward to next season. Oh and if you're into betting Iron Warrior, the 49ers are at a 250 to 1 longshot to win the Super Bowl next year. You want in on this action?
  30. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%

I wouldn`t take anyone ahead of 5.. Except maybe Culpepper with the right coaching.. or the next Superstar QB.. Leftwich

Brady may throw the best deep ball in the league and he obviously is very well schooled but do you think he wins
    with James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his receivers?

Peyton set the world on fire, but he has too, he has no defense and every game must be a shootout... To me he lacks that mean streak and hard ass attitude.. 5 may have looked terrible at times but under constant pressure he stood in and threw for 350 + 3TD`s.. not to mention he played a game with a broken ankle and 2 quarters against Carolina last year with seperated rib cartilage...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Oh and if you're into betting Iron Warrior, the 49ers are at a 250 to 1 longshot to win the Super Bowl next year. You want in on this action?
    no way I'm okay, I'll be happy if they can lock up Julian Peterson and have a good draft for the moment
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    no way I'm okay, I'll be happy if they can lock up Julian Peterson and have a good draft for the moment
    Key word "good draft"...make that "great draft"...
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

They're rookies for christ sakes. Anyways, whatever. And you wonder why Mcnabb has a high completion percentage. Most of his passes are high percentage throws (ie dump offs and screens). C'mon now. Westbrook is a very good player. He caught a lot of passes from Mcnabb that were way off the mark. He's really good in the open field too. Without him, Mcnabb could have easily passed for under 300 yards. In fact, most of Mcnabb's throws were off. His recievers made some really good catches in that game. Bailed his ass out several times. Oh and runs and screens are totally different. I don't know how you can say they count them as runs.
    Do you even watch the Eagles? I would assume not since you are over there on the west coast. High percentage throws? You obviously have not watched them this year. Now you are just pulling **** out of your ass.

You make more excuses on how not to give credit to Mcnabb. Oh now its Westbrooks skills that got him over that 300 yards mark. Did you see how many passing yards Tom Brady got off screens last night? I'm starting to believe you didn't even watch the game.

Obvisouly runs and screens are different and of course you don't know how I can say that because you DON'T FOLLOW THE EAGLES! ANDY REID COUNTS THEM AS RUNS! LOOK IT UP!

For love of God stop talking out your piehole and worry about your team. Vegas odds has them I tihnk 263:1 to win it all. Stop hating on everyone else because your teams is the worst in the league.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.86%

You win, I lose. The Eagles are god, the Niners suck. Mcnabb is overrated, blah blah blah. I hate the Eagles for a good reason. The truth is my wife's ex is an Eagles fan and this SOB had the nerve to call her to get back together with her when I was overseas. Anyways, he's diehard and I wish he would die hard. I hate everything about him, including the Eagles.

I'll stop talking **** now. I tend to argue with people just to get a rise out of them. Looks like I succeeded. Truce?
  35. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

A rise? More like laughing at your nonsense and just showing you that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

It seems you hate a lot of people. Maybe you should take care of that before making an ass of yourself towards others. Don't go through life being a mosquito.

You want to be an instigator? Do it somewhere else. I don't have time for the teenage bull****.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 12:34 AM
  2. Post your "Leg Day" workout.
    By JKurz802 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
  3. Last Day of the Sale, Post Your Order
    By supersoldier in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 12:56 PM
  4. Replies: 9