Michael Vick

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the Eagles with get VICKtimized by Michael.....Atlanta and Pitts in the superbowl and Vick gets superbowl MVP

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
See what I'm trying to understand is everybody this week in the papers and on sports shows have been saying that the Eagles have too much fire power for the Falcons to stop. Well they did a pretty good job of stopping a Rams team that has great receivers and a qb that was on fire. I think ATL will be able to run on Philly, maybe not to the tune of 300 yards but I think they'll be effective enough to do some damage. On the other side of the league I'm so tired of hearing about the job that Bellicheck did to stop the mighty colts. It's called a snow storm. Manning didn't throw down the field once to test the hurt secondary. His play calling was so simplified that game that most teams could've stopped them. Not saying that NE didn't have anything to do with it I'm just saying that if it's clear skies that Sunday it would've been a completely different game. With that said, Pats and Falcons in the superbowl... I hope.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I can see why you would say that. I mean the Colts haven't gotten their asses kicked everytime they've met Bellichick and company. :rolleyes:

Both games are going to be very tough. I don't know how any fan could be trash talking right now. Any of the 4 teams stand the chance of an ass kicking.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of who wins (Eagles will) they will be good games for sure.

size

Awards
  • Established
They should get a new QB. He is not a QB, he had 14 tds and 12 ints on the season; these numbers are like a backups. Instead they should get somebody who can play qb and run a wishbone offense with vick and duckett/dunn in the backfield. :)

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't this the same team that got beat by Philly 2 years ago? I remember hearing all this after Vick beat Favre up in Green Bay 2 years ago. The only difference is that they have Peerless Price and the Eagles have a better defense AND Brian Westbrook.

Did Vick run all over Philly 2 years ago? Nope. He just got crushed by Brian Dawkins.

Its a no brainer to me but thats why they play the games.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Not really a Vick fan - real passing quarterbacks are better but - Vick has matured somewhat, I like the Falcons 17-16 over Philly. It's the same Eagles team as 2 years ago but the Atlanta defense is a serious upgrade to a couple years ago. Maybe they can come up with a turnover or Allen Rossum (former Eagle) can give them some nice punt returns. It will be close....

Atlanta 17
Philly 16

New England 23 (meaningless touchdown at the end of the game)
Pittsburgh 6

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
I live in Philly and there is 8 inches of snow on the ground right now. It is going to snow for the next 20 hours. I can't wait to see Vick try to scramble in that. These are real men's elements, not meant for a dome team from the south. Sorry fella's. The fluke is up at 3pm eastern time tomorrow. That cartoon QB is going to remember the hit Brian Dawkins laid on him 2 years ago in the playoffs, and if that doesn't keep him in the pocket, a field covered in snow and ice will. Get over it Falcon fans. The dream is over.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really a Vick fan - real passing quarterbacks are better but - Vick has matured somewhat, I like the Falcons 17-16 over Philly. It's the same Eagles team as 2 years ago but the Atlanta defense is a serious upgrade to a couple years ago. Maybe they can come up with a turnover or Allen Rossum (former Eagle) can give them some nice punt returns. It will be close....

Atlanta 17
Philly 16

New England 23 (meaningless touchdown at the end of the game)
Pittsburgh 6

How did he mature? He sat out a whole year and his numbers are not good at all (except for running)

The same eagles team? Jevon Kearse, Lito Sheppard, Michael Lewis? Not to mention their front 4 are MUCH better.

Oh I forgot, Donovna isn't coming off a broken ankle either. That game 2 years ago was his first coming back and they still won.

Its not the same team at all yet I still see the same impact players on the Falcons. I remember they were saying the Falcons defense was great 2 years ago and that they would confuse people with their 3-4 defense. Didn't happen and VIck was a non-factor.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I see the key to this game as being Eagles S Brian Dawkins. The snow will hamper indoor Vick, The Eagles 3-4 will contain the Ends with the speed of Kearse and force Vick to the middle for the Backers and Dawkins is the key on Blitz and limiting TE Crumpler when Vick has to go there when his running is denied. Dunn will get his yards, but not Michael Unvicktorous this day.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
How did he mature? He sat out a whole year and his numbers are not good at all (except for running)

The same eagles team? Jevon Kearse, Lito Sheppard, Michael Lewis? Not to mention their front 4 are MUCH better.

Oh I forgot, Donovna isn't coming off a broken ankle either. That game 2 years ago was his first coming back and they still won.

Its not the same team at all yet I still see the same impact players on the Falcons. I remember they were saying the Falcons defense was great 2 years ago and that they would confuse people with their 3-4 defense. Didn't happen and VIck was a non-factor.
Oh I thought you had said it was the same Eagles team... they also got that Owens guy. I wonder if he can come back for the BIG GAME. Just talked to my friend in Philly 8inches already and no chance of it stopping. The game will be on Vicks shoulders. (he did win in Greenbay - but not in this kind of snow)

Like I said, he has matured only somewhat. He is simply more comfortable and defenses have to take his arm a little more seriously. He has good chemistry with Crumpler - which will be critical in tomorow's short game.

Like you said, his rushing stats are superior to his passing numbers. But he doesn't look to rush first anymore (maybe he should).

Again, I'm not a Vick fan - or believe he's 'Shaq:Lakers' in terms of dominance.

It will be an upset if the Falcons win, and it will have to be because the Falcons Defense gives them a short field and forces turnovers. Vick will have to manage the clock, and not fall into 3rd and long. I believe he was the most sacked Quarterback in the NFL, however.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Owens wanted to play this week! Doc said no. He is catching passes but not running and cutting yet.

Atlanta scored 2 special teams TD`s in Green Bay, people seem to forget this.

PC1

I see the key to this game as being Eagles S Brian Dawkins. The snow will hamper indoor Vick, The Eagles 3-4 will contain the Ends with the speed of Kearse and force Vick to the middle for the Backers and Dawkins is the key on Blitz and limiting TE Crumpler when Vick has to go there when his running is denied. Dunn will get his yards, but not Michael Unvicktorous this day.
Very good call. I can't imagine Philadelphia NOT winning this game by at least 14 points.

I think it's a little sad really to hear the sports press talking about how Philly has come up short 3 times in the last NFC championships, and how that must be causing them to feel more "pressure".

What it gives them is more DRIVE. Atlanta will feel the pressure of the situation more, being it's their first trip.

Rest assured Eagles fans, your team will win decisively tomorrow.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest assured Eagles fans, your team will win decisively tomorrow.

This is what worries us :D

THey SHOULD win, but if there is snow, it usually ends up a close game which I do NOT want.

I hope they cover that field then clear that **** out FAST.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
The snow will not be a problem. It hasn`t been snowing, except flurries, for hours and the forecast has changed to 2-4" more done by 6am. The wind will be more of a problem and the fact that windchill maybe -* at kickoff. It`s 0* now and cold has all hell:rant:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I can't see the eagles loosing this one. There is so much hype with vick. IMO he is the most overrated QB in football. He has about 150 yards passing and 60 to 100 yards rushing a game. Every week all the commentators make excuses for him and every week they say he is going to have a break out game the following week. The Falcons had a weak schedule and the NFC was horrid this year. If KC and Tampa Bay can blow them out of the water, I can't see how phili. won't do the same.
I hope they cover that field then clear that **** out FAST.
Wouldn't you want the snow? Vick and the Falcons aren't used to it. I would think it would be an advantage for the eagles.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't you want the snow? Vick and the Falcons aren't used to it. I would think it would be an advantage for the eagles.
Because with a good amount of snow, games are close (for the most part). I don't fear Vick running around simply because it will be very cold and the Eagles have a great history with running QB's.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I can't see the eagles loosing this one. There is so much hype with vick. IMO he is the most overrated QB in football. He has about 150 yards passing and 60 to 100 yards rushing a game. Every week all the commentators make excuses for him and every week they say he is going to have a break out game the following week. The Falcons had a week schedule and the NFC was horrid this year. If KC and Tampa Bay can blow them out of the water, I can't see how phili. won't do the same.

Hate to say it, but I think you're right. This will be the year Philly finally reaches the Super Bowl. Now let's just hope the Falcons can prove me wrong.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Fly Eagles Fly, On the road to victory!

Having rooted for my Iggles since the championship teams of the forties, I have a good feeling about today's game. Granted TO is out (and would be back for a SB) but at least they are otherwise healthy even compared to last year. Now McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins, Mayberry, Thomas, Burgess among the starters are back healthy and Kearse, Trotter, Jones, Shepherd, Brown, and Rayburn are new additions/promotions. That's seven current/recent pro-bowlers. That's a big reason why I feel so good about their chances today.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Well I can see I'm obviously outnumbered here by Philly fans but I have to disagree when you guys say the weather will slow down ATL. Theyre a running team, bad weather usually favors running teams. Vick also played his college ball in Blacksburg, I'm sure there was a bit of snow there a few times and he was still a stud. And no they very much are not the same team from two years ago. If you look at the stats from that game Vick threw the ball 38 times. 38 TIMES!! That's like a 2-3 game total from this year. I agree if he does throw that many times today ATL is in BIG trouble. But I don't see that happening. What I'm interested in seeing is if the Eagles give up a score early or are behind at the half, how do they react? Should be a good one, specially since I hear the wind is going nuts so the air game might be thrown out the window.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a reason who threw that much, there was nowhere to run.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
The Bulldogs draw more fans than the Falcons.... I wonder how many more playoff teams sell less tickets than thier NCAA counterparts:lol:

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
I would actually say a lot since most college stadiums are bigger than their professional counterparts. Tell me how many NFL stadiums seat over 80,000?

And also about the not having anywhere to run, that was back in a completely different offensive system under Dan Reeves. Which really arent that close. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting 300 yards on the ground but they will be able to move the ball.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And also about the not having anywhere to run, that was back in a completely different offensive system under Dan Reeves. Which really arent that close. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting 300 yards on the ground but they will be able to move the ball.
Yeah, that system encouraged him to run. Ths current west cost hybrid version has him in the pocket more and we see what has happened. When he is forced to pass, he is not that good.

For someone to have as many INT's that he has in a ball control type offense shows that he is quite overrated and very vulnerable.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I stated that wrong. The system that Reeves had in place very much encouraged Vick to run, but was a predominately short pass dink and dunk system mixed in with play action deep. He didn't know how to use his rb's. I doubt to see Vick pass for more than 25 times today and expect him to probably complete about 13 of them. They are very commited to the run, even when it's not working. I think Vick is more vulnerable to fumbles than int's. Every time he takes off my heart stops cuz he seems to refuse to tuck the ball.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
92,000(SANFORD) VS. 72,000(Georgia Dome) vs. how many home games?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its halftime.

I'm nervous.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
penalties, otherwise Philly is playing better.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but I'm a philly fan. If its close, I'm REAL nervous.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
and Vick throws it right to Dawkins....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It's over, the better team definitly won.
Vick wasn't much of a leader today - he was hanging his head since the 1st quarter. He wasn't much of a player either.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKSONVILLE!!!!!!!!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
New England is the only team who can play with Philly. I know the Steelers beat Philly before - but this Philly team is hungry.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Michael Vick WHO?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Michael Vick WHO?
Holy Crap that was funny. I had never really watched a Falcons game at all this year. Vick is a horrible passer. It's almost like he is afraid to throw the ball.

size

Awards
  • Established
They should get a new QB. He is not a QB, he had 14 tds and 12 ints on the season; these numbers are like a backups. Instead they should get somebody who can play qb and run a wishbone offense with vick and duckett/dunn in the backfield. :)

Falcons should have taken my advice. :lol:

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Michael Vick sucks.

The Lombardi trophy will be riding down Broad Street this year.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Just as long as the pats don't win again. I got one word for that nfc game... ugly... bring back the run and shoot!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Falcosn were flat out exposed. If the 49ers almost beat them than there's no way in hell they'd beat Philly @ Philly. IMO they are one of the worst (if not the worst) teams to have ever been in the NFC title game. They were fortunate to run into the Rams for the Divisional play-off game. I can't wait to see if my neighbor will wear his Vick jersey LOL.

Super Bowl should be very good. I'm sure they're gonna shoot up TO with all kinds of painkillers to get him ready. I think the Pats just are too good of an all around team and they'll beat the Eagles but I'm no Jimmy the Greek.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eagles tend to make teams look BAD sometimes.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Maybe all the commentators will shut up about him now. He was 10-12 out of about 25 passes every week for 120-150 yards. That is not a good QB.If Vick was smart he would follow in McNabbs footsteps.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think he'll figure it out. The same was said about McNabb and Steve McNair - but they put it together.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This is just me but I think Steve Young would be a helluva QB coach for Vick. Young started out like him, adjusted to the West Coast offense and became a Hall of Fame QB.

BTW, one difference between Vick and McNabb and McNair is that he's much smaller and that may have an impact on his durability

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who think Jim Mora's playcalling sucked? not running in the red zone? running in 3rd and 10? not calling enough deep routes? going to the cutback too late? he had an allpro tight for crying out loud why not use him accross the middle or with short slants to sidelines

that was poor playcalling. a shame on the falcons defence. they have a great defence nd a very talented (man that guy is gifted) QB