Michael Vick

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by size
    They should get a new QB. He is not a QB, he had 14 tds and 12 ints on the season; these numbers are like a backups. Instead they should get somebody who can play qb and run a wishbone offense with vick and duckett/dunn in the backfield.

Falcons should have taken my advice.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Michael Vick sucks.

The Lombardi trophy will be riding down Broad Street this year.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Answers

Just as long as the pats don't win again. I got one word for that nfc game... ugly... bring back the run and shoot!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

The Falcosn were flat out exposed. If the 49ers almost beat them than there's no way in hell they'd beat Philly @ Philly. IMO they are one of the worst (if not the worst) teams to have ever been in the NFC title game. They were fortunate to run into the Rams for the Divisional play-off game. I can't wait to see if my neighbor will wear his Vick jersey LOL.

Super Bowl should be very good. I'm sure they're gonna shoot up TO with all kinds of painkillers to get him ready. I think the Pats just are too good of an all around team and they'll beat the Eagles but I'm no Jimmy the Greek.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Eagles tend to make teams look BAD sometimes.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by size
    Falcons should have taken my advice.
    How much are they paying him again?

For the SB I like the Pats.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Maybe all the commentators will shut up about him now. He was 10-12 out of about 25 passes every week for 120-150 yards. That is not a good QB.If Vick was smart he would follow in McNabbs footsteps.
  8. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

I think he'll figure it out. The same was said about McNabb and Steve McNair - but they put it together.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

This is just me but I think Steve Young would be a helluva QB coach for Vick. Young started out like him, adjusted to the West Coast offense and became a Hall of Fame QB.

BTW, one difference between Vick and McNabb and McNair is that he's much smaller and that may have an impact on his durability
  10. Board Supporter
    Answers

Am I the only one who think Jim Mora's playcalling sucked? not running in the red zone? running in 3rd and 10? not calling enough deep routes? going to the cutback too late? he had an allpro tight for crying out loud why not use him accross the middle or with short slants to sidelines

that was poor playcalling. a shame on the falcons defence. they have a great defence nd a very talented (man that guy is gifted) QB
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Answers

One thing that has plagued the falcons for two years now is price, he's clearly not the #1 receiver like they had hoped. I think the lack of a decent receiving corp (minus crumpler) is what's holding back vick's progression. Not to mention his line gave him the least amount of time to throw the ball in the league, I forget the exact stat. So add those two together and he definitely isnt going to put up big passing numbers. But all you have to do is look at their only td drive in that game to see his potential as a pocket passer, 3-3 45 yards, all of them perfectly thrown. If they draft a stud wr or get one in free agency, say Moss or Burress, and they put Price back at his natural slot position, look out for them next year. And yes, the play calling was awful but I don't think it would've made that much of a difference.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

JUDGE-MENTAL: Jim Mora doesn't do the offensive play-calling it's Greg Knapp and he does have a track record for not using his most talented players appropriately i.e. TO with the 49ers. I still don't think good play calling would have saved the Falcons, they were just out-played
  13. Banned
    Answers

if Vick gets a real #1 Wideout go to guy whos like 6ft plus unlike peerless gargbage can price then Vick will be unstoppalbe, also a nice offensive line like KC's would be ideal but thats fantasy talk. If the Falcons get Randy Moss or Plaxico Buress,,,dear lord watch for Vick to be playing on a whole new level. When Steve Young played in his 2nd year of the West Coast offense they won the superbowl.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

if Vick gets a real #1 Wideout go to guy whos like 6ft plus unlike peerless gargbage can price then Vick will be unstoppalbe, also a nice offensive line like KC's would be ideal but thats fantasy talk. If the Falcons get Randy Moss or Plaxico Buress,,,dear lord watch for Vick to be playing on a whole new level. When Steve Young played in his 2nd year of the West Coast offense they won the superbowl.
    Give me a break. What Vick showed during the eagles game is that he is uncomfortable throwing, can't throw the ball very well, and constantly wants to run. If Vick was smart he would try to be more like McNabb. The only reason they made it into the play offs was because the NFC was horrible this year.
  15. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

I'm going to agree with VG. Vick can only throw to short to Crumpler with any consistancy. Mr. Vick can't throw downfield yet. From the pocket he is average at best. He is somewhat more effective in the run and shoot. Of the 'mobile' QBs, I'd take Culpepper, McNair, McNabb, Plummer over him (probably in that order).
  16. Banned
    Answers

well cancel the Moss idea. Vick has a cannon for an arm. Give him a real WR and he will tear **** up. On the real though I'd love to see his rushing stats behind an Offensive Line like Kansas City lol.
  17. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

he's arm is certainly a cannon, but a loose cannon too often.
    Price isn't that good like you said though.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

having a super-arm doesnt mean he's gonna be a great qb. Yes, he is a very exciting qb with athletic ability not seen before at his position. The problem is he is not a smart quarterback. IMO intangibles make quarterbacks, not ability. Trent Dilfer was a successful qb with hardly any athletic tools, because he played smart. I wouldn't consider Tom Brady the most gifted quarterback out there (he does have a good arm) , but he makes plays when he has to and really understands his role. I wouldn't consider tom brady's recieving core an elite one either. Micheal Vick does have the handicap of not having great recievers around him, but he has a running-game and a defense and with all of the opportunities he rarely threw the ball with success.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    having a super-arm doesnt mean he's gonna be a great qb. Yes, he is a very exciting qb with athletic ability not seen before at his position. The problem is he is not a smart quarterback. IMO intangibles make quarterbacks, not ability. Trent Dilfer was a successful qb with hardly any athletic tools, because he played smart. I wouldn't consider Tom Brady the most gifted quarterback out there (he does have a good arm) , but he makes plays when he has to and really understands his role. I wouldn't consider tom brady's recieving core an elite one either. Micheal Vick does have the handicap of not having great recievers around him, but he has a running-game and a defense and with all of the opportunities he rarely threw the ball with success.
    It's a shame since the Falcons spent big bucks on Peerless Worthless to get him to Atlanta to give him a big time WR. Some should call the Atlanta PD because there is a robbery in progress during the season whe that guy goes to pick up his paycheck.

With all of the free agent WR's and possible trades available, you would think that they have to go after another WR and cut his ass.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oswizzle
    Steve Young won the NFL MVP award his 2nd year in the West Coast Offense, not the Super Bowl, that happened in his 4th . And the media almost crucified him when he didn't do it the 1st year LOL, imagine what the Bay Area media would have done to Vick by now
  21. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

I think Steve Young was maybe the best of all time. Young had to replace Golden Joe too. Vick was been a welcome replacement to Chris Chandler.
    Vick seems like kind of a sore loser and unmotivated, maybe i'm looking into it too much - but hes always hanging his head, walking back to the huddle without any emotion.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    I think Steve Young was maybe the best of all time. Young had to replace Golden Joe too. Vick was been a welcome replacement to Chris Chandler.
    Vick seems like kind of a sore loser and unmotivated, maybe i'm looking into it too much - but hes always hanging his head, walking back to the huddle without any emotion.
    He would have posted some huge stats if he didn't back Joe up from 1986-1990. What Joe had that Steve didn't was a much better coaching staff and a great defense. The 49ers had Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley, Fred Dean, Matt Millen, Bill Romanowski, Michael Carter (very underrated run stuffer). Steve Young also had no runnig game when Derek Loville and Terry Kirby were the featured backs for some years
  23. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

Why was Jeff Garcia chased away?
    Owens, Garcia, and Mariucci were all encouraged to find work elsewhere.
    All 3 are well better than average at what they do. my opinion...
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Why was Jeff Garcia chased away?
    Owens, Garcia, and Mariucci were all encouraged to find work elsewhere.
    All 3 are well better than average at what they do. my opinion...
    Because the owner is a ****ing moron. He's a businessman who runs a football team with a business mentality. He wouldn't have anything to do w/the franchise if Eddie DeBartolo would have stayed away from the riverboat gambling business

1. T.O. wanted to sign a long term contract 2 years before he became a free agent but John York didn't think it was a good idea.

2. They wanted Jeff Garcia out because they thought Tim Rattay would be better, this was based on 2 good games he played against the Steelers and the Rams when Garcia got hurt. Garcia wasn't the problem, it was the defense. The guy even proved he could win in the play-offs with that huge comeback win vs the Giants.

3. Mariucci was fired IMO because of fiasco with T.O. He actually got the team back to the play-offs just 2 years after they lost Steve Young which is pretty damm good IMO considering all the salary crap problem they had (and have according to York LOL) They missed the play-offs in Dennis Erickson's first year with practically the same team from the previous year, granted they did lose Garrison Hearst, Jeff Garcia for awhile and Eric Johnson (very underrated Tight End) was hurt all year.
  25. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

They are very disorganized. And without a reasonable defense - they won't see the playoffs for a long time. Kevan Barlow looked really crappy, and I don't know if Maurice Hicks is much better.
    I really think Garcia is a decent QB in the right scheme - he'd throw the 40times a couple years ago and post 350-400yards - a fantasy football stud. I don't even see many of the younger guys they brought in as even decent NFL players. Lloyd, Rashaan Woods?
    Cedric Wilson looked like their best reciever.
    It's a mess, and I expect the 49ers to do nothing with whoever the draft pick is.
  26. USA HOCKEY
    Answers

Draft Mike Williams!
    not Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

San Fran screwed themselved to the same tune the Raiders and soon the Redskins did. They spent too much money with rear-loaded contracts that all but guaranteed 2-3 years of ****ty rosters at the expense of winning now (3 years ago). They 49ers are paying people that arent on their team anymore, it's known in the NFL front office as "dead money" and when you manage your cap poorly or just try to buy a championship (Yeah Dan Snyder) this is what happens. Thats why all of these super-star players are being cut this year after big seasons. Mushin Muhammad was statistically the #1 WR this year and without his #2 WR by his side and he was cut, because if they were to eat his contract they would be screwed in the future, same goes with the pats and TY Law. And now the Raiders and C. Woodson, the raiders are going to be in deep **** because they are 15 million dollars over the cap now and have to sign Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to huge contracts. IMO this is just stupid front office management and is unfair to the fans who have to sit through years where they have players like Kevin Barlow (without an O-line) as their #1 offensive player.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

It's funny, some teams get themselves into salary cap hell just trying to make a run at the Super Bowl (49ers, Titans). Other teams get into that hole just trying to be a contender (Redskins). It's all in the management.

The York family has killed a great franchise. The are slowly becoming the Phillies of the NFL.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

They are very disorganized. And without a reasonable defense - they won't see the playoffs for a long time. Kevan Barlow looked really crappy, and I don't know if Maurice Hicks is much better.
    I really think Garcia is a decent QB in the right scheme - he'd throw the 40times a couple years ago and post 350-400yards - a fantasy football stud. I don't even see many of the younger guys they brought in as even decent NFL players. Lloyd, Rashaan Woods?
    Cedric Wilson looked like their best reciever.
    It's a mess, and I expect the 49ers to do nothing with whoever the draft pick is.
    Rashawn Woods actually did good when he played but Erickson didn't utilize him enough. Another guy with great potential who was hardly ever played was Derrick Hamilton (rookie WR from Clemson). They knew they weren't going anywhere so why not give these guys a chance to see what you have

Kevan Barlow played like a puss. The guy is 240 and he shies away from contact as if he were a 190 lb. scatback. He didn't have a line, but he still should have showed more heart IMO.

The problem with Brandon Lloyd is they thought he'd be a superstar because he makes acrobatic catches, WTF do acrobatic catches have to do with how good you are ? Give me the guy who can catch a 10 yard slant and turn itno a long gain, not the guy who makes 1 great catch every other game but never gets more than 50-70 yards a game
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    They 49ers are paying people that arent on their team anymore, it's known in the NFL front office as "dead money" and when you manage your cap poorly or just try to buy a championship (Yeah Dan Snyder) this is what happens
    Yup, they are still paying J.J. Stokes and payed Jim Druckenmiller, Gabe Wilkins, Antonio Langham and a few other a lot of money for nothing. At least the Raiders and Redskins are trying though, the 49ers just wanna make a profit.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Draft Mike Williams!
    not Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers
    They're not gonna do that, it would make too much sense
  32. Registered User
    Answers

If I was them, I would trade down a couple of times and get some more picks. They need O line badly.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Hopkins #48
    If I was them, I would trade down a couple of times and get some more picks. They need O line badly.
    I just don't like the O-linemen that are available in the 1st round. They can get similar guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

They should trade down a few spots for an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder and get a pass rusher like Erasmus James or Marcus Spears OR a big play receiver like Mike Williams or even Braylon Edwards IMO, but they'll probably find a way to screw up. Talk around town has been that they're going with Aaron Rodgers but who knows what could happen w/the combine. I just don't want them to be impressed by someone's 40 and draft the next big bust
  34. Banned
    Answers

if the Falcons dont get Plaxico Burress they are ****ed,,,i am over Derick Mason or any other Reciver who is under 6'1...looks like another ****ty season for Big Mike unless they get him a Wideout! or Maybe they SHould make a deal to St Louis for Orlando Pace,,Vick with sick O-Line could probally break the Rushing Record set by Eric Dickerson lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
  2. New "michael Vick" Chew Toy For Dogs !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
  3. Michael Vick Indicted For Dog Fighting !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. Michael Vick Dumps Kids Camp ???
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 10:57 AM
  5. RON MEXICO aka MICHAEL VICK - PITBULL BREEDER ???
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 03:09 PM