CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

size

Awards
  • Established
USC looked great but it was not a pretty game. I thought the stupid OU punt play early in the game ruined it for OU.

I prefer a woman's saliva over trojans. :smite:

Last edited:
Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
yeah got 12 of them for $8 at riteaid the other night ;)

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
USC looked great but it was not a pretty game. I thought the stupid OU punt play early in the game ruined it for OU.
That and the three interceptions amoung other things...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
USC had much more athleticism and that was the key factor. I was concerned about which USC team would show up, would it be the one who squeaked by Stanford & UCLA, or the Trojans that beat Cal & Va Tech ? I guess Auburn has no argument after what happened.

Size, you may have to get used to USC kicking ass :D their recruiting is top notch and most of their starters are coming back next year, some for 2 more years if they don't go pro !

size

Awards
  • Established
Size, you may have to get used to USC kicking ass :D their recruiting is top notch and most of their starters are coming back next year, some for 2 more years if they don't go pro !
They will be good next year definitely. Even if Leinart leaves, the backup, Booty, is a stud.

az2u

Awards
I hope Leinart decides to turn pro. I want to see Booty play in Chow's offense. Kid was awesome
in high school.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
They also have another freshman coming in next year (can't remember his name) that's from the number 2 highschool in the nation.

lvtrojan

Awards
They also have another freshman coming in next year (can't remember his name) that's from the number 2 highschool in the nation.
Sanchez.

But I want Booty and Bush next year !!! :D

size

Awards
  • Established
I hope Leinart decides to turn pro. I want to see Booty play in Chow's offense. Kid was awesome
in high school.
Booty, I believe, skipped his senoir year of high school. Booty's two brothers played for LSU, one at QB and one at WR. The QB played pro baseball before returning to college. It is obviously an athletic family.

Booty and bush will be nasty.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
It's a good thing for USC that, to my knowledge, that there are no major head coaching positions currently avaliable, otherwise Norm Chow would be gone. USC would reload with another great OC anyway, so maybe this is a null point.
The talk right now is that the 49er's just fired their coach and is trying to recruit Carroll and Chow...

lvtrojan

Awards
Chow will leave soon, maybe to the 49ers, but Carroll, no, don't see it. His NFL experience was not good and he's the King Of Cal right now, way to good for him to leave, I think. No one has ever done a threepeat National championship, Carroll won't walk away from his chance at history.

What would interesting for me as a B10 Fan would be too see Chow take over Penn State if it's avaliable in 2006, that's a gravy job for someone up to the challenge.

It's too bad we could'nt see Louisville v Utah, huh? That would have been sweet, then again, in the up and down play of CFB, maybe not.
Chow seems to have some "intangible" that keeps him from becoming a head coach, he has interviewed several times now and has not yet landed a gig. For some reason, he just doesnt sell himself very well. Doesnt really matter though because he has such a great job at SC.

I know you were "speculating" that SC would have lost, playing in a better conference, but I'm not sure which one that is?

Back to back wins against Auburn (shut-out in their house), V-Tech (basically a home game for them), big wins against Iowa, Michigan, and now Big 12 Oklahoma, that covers a lot of ground.

Could SC have been beat? Of course. But no conference has proven that they play football too tough for SC. Oklahoma and Auburn could have also been beaten in the Pac-10 this year. Moot point. (LSU should have lost to Oreg St. at home).

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
We really need to get a playoff going in college, even if it's only between the top 4 or so teams.

Right now, football is being decided like a beauty pageant or a figure skating competition: whichever team plays the prettiest without stubbing her toe is the national champion.

It's a shame that there are two other undefeated teams in the land who could make the claim that they should be national champs.

Yeah, I include Utah in that mix. Their offense is just a marvel to watch. Truly amazing.

I don't know how they'd stand against the Auburns and USCs of the world, but that would be the beauty of a playoff, huh?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Don't tell me that you, IW, a Cal Bear is now pulling for your rival, I'll assume it's just postseason conference pride?
Gotta boost the PAC-10, makes Cal's season a little more glorious, 1 TD from beating the Trojans, I'm also a little pissed that Rodgers left for the NFL, BTW Stanford is THE rival ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Chow will leave soon, maybe to the 49ers, but Carroll, no, don't see it
Chow isn't bad, I was surprised to see the list of all the great QB's he's coached. I just don't think the 49ers will go with a college assistant.

I do think the 49ers will go with Romeo Crennel because the trend is to get dense oriented coaches, there;s also talk about Brad Childress (Eagles Offensive coordinator), and possibly Mike Holmgren, if Holmgren gets fired of course

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm an OU guy and I'm really disappointed in their last couple of post-season efforts. But, because of something Rogue Drone said, I have to post this. I thought it was funny as hell, so you non-OU guys will probably really think its funny. Anyway, here it is. Rip away.

dd
BCS To Implement 'Oklahoma' Rule

MIAMI (SP)-- Following two dismal performances in national championship games, the BCS announced today that it would institute the “Oklahoma Rule� during the off-season. The rule states that if there is a three-way logjam at the top of the BCS poll at the end of the season, the two teams "not named Oklahoma" will play in the national championship game.

Oklahoma was trounced by USC 55-19 in Tuesday's Orange Bowl championship game. In 2004, the Sooners -- a controversial pick after losing 35-7 to Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game -- were beaten by LSU 21-14 in the BCS Championship Game at the Sugar Bowl.

"I'm sure Oklahomans are nice people, but we finally realized that the real problem with the BCS was Oklahoma," a BCS official told Sporting Press.

In a related story, national college football writers dust off their 1978 Bo Schembechler Bowl Game joke books and replace references with Schembechler with Bob Stoops mentions. For instance: Q. Why does Bob Stoops eat his Cheerios on a plate? A. Because if it was in a bowl he’d lose it.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Great for SC but bad move on Leinart's part...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Great for SC but bad move on Leinart's part...
That was my thinking. He's already won the heisman and 2 championships, he doesn't have anything more to prove. He would also be guaranteed many millions, even if he sucks as bad as Ryan Leaf in the pros.