Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
THe red sox curse has moved to philly.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
This sucks :frustrate Hopefully we make it to the championship and he can come back and take us to the superbowl victory. Bobo the curse didn't move we've had it all along.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
THe red sox curse has moved to philly.
LOL There is still not many or any teams in the NFC that could come close to beating them. The skins came close a few weeks ago but I don't think the are in the play off picture. Every thought Green bay had a chance but they beat them pretty bad. That does suck though.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It could be way worse...you could be a BROWNS FAN....UHHHHHH, someone just shoot me.
Or a 49ers fan, even worse.

Frankly, T.O. does not get enough credit for being a competitor and you better believe he'll be in the Super Bowl if the Eagles make it, and they probably are they way the rest of the NFC is playing, they're like a varsity team playing in a JV league

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
That is well and fine... but one of the local ortho`s did an interview that I saw. He mentioned "Yes T.O. can make it back in time but he runs the chance of rapid onset of arthritis in the ankle by doing so." So you have to ask would you rather see him in the Superbowl or in an Eagles uniform, with McNabb at QB for the next 6-7 years:D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
That is well and fine... but one of the local ortho`s did an interview that I saw. He mentioned "Yes T.O. can make it back in time but he runs the chance of rapid onset of arthritis in the ankle by doing so." So you have to ask would you rather see him in the Superbowl or in an Eagles uniform, with McNabb at QB for the next 6-7 years:D
I ask you this, how many NFL players you know that are retired and don't have arthritis? In fact I'd say 90% of NFL players are falling apart when they decide to call it quits. Not so much in the begining but once they hit upper 40's the pain starts coming. THe only thing that matters at that point is when you look down at your hand to count how many rings you have. TO will return! Arthritis who? Arthritis what? :box: :cheers: :drunk:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
You did mention arthritis and retirement didn`t you? So did the Doctor.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
You did mention arthritis and retirement didn`t you? So did the Doctor.
EEmain your bringing me down. I'm trying to stay optimistic but you won't let me. :sad: LOL

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
J I am not trying to bring you down. It is just this whole city is so into TO getting back nobody considers the risks.
The `Birds will be in the Bowl! No doubt and then it`s anybodies ball game. Take faith in the Defense Bro...Trotter in the PBowl
after only six starts and 3/4 of the secondary there too. From 27th to 11th ranking since the Pittsburgh game... Least amount of points scored against, lead in sacks... It`s like the old days Bro:rofl: ... Offence brings in the fans, but defense wins championships.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
J I am not trying to bring you down. It is just this whole city is so into TO getting back nobody considers the risks.
The `Birds will be in the Bowl! No doubt and then it`s anybodies ball game. Take faith in the Defense Bro...Trotter in the PBowl
after only six starts and 3/4 of the secondary there too. From 27th to 11th ranking since the Pittsburgh game... Least amount of points scored against, lead in sacks... It`s like the old days Bro:rofl: ... Offence brings in the fans, but defense wins championships.
There ya go I feel better now. Our D is solid but i'm just getting flashbacks of Pinkston in the last game of the season last year. Choking big time in the big games, that's why I want TO he's a play maker and he pisses people off. Ahh well time will tell.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Pinkie is what he is... A field stretcher.. now Greg Lewis looks interesting.
Did you see the catch and the shot he took at the goal line. Word is he maybe the fastest Eagle also:run:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Pinkie is what he is... A field stretcher.. now Greg Lewis looks interesting.
Did you see the catch and the shot he took at the goal line. Word is he maybe the fastest Eagle also:run:
I did see that. Lewis shows promise I just want these guys to perform big in the "big" games for once. Damn you don't know how bad I want to have a superbowl party with my team actually in the game!

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think everyones makeing a to much of this TO injury, dont get me wrong hes a hell of a player but its not a tragedy. (maybe to some of you eagle fans) just my thought.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Anyone remember when i predicted before the season that the eagles wont make the playoffs? :cheers:
Go Hawks.
Sage

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Anyone remember when i predicted before the season that the eagles wont make the playoffs? :cheers:
Go Hawks.
Sage
Umm.. yea and do you remember what we told you?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Were still makin it to the dance you sons a bitches. Stop hatin on the Eagles cause your home team sucks a fat donkey dick. My prediction Eagles still win the Superbowl and TO has 2 TD's in the game. I know everyone agrees with me so I will now lock the thread. :D J/K :rofl:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Were still makin it to the dance you sons a bitches. Stop hatin on the Eagles cause your home team sucks a fat donkey dick. My prediction Eagles still win the Superbowl and TO has 2 TD's in the game. I know everyone agrees with me so I will now lock the thread. :D J/K :rofl:
:lol: I think we all know who is going to bring it home again this year.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I hate to see him go down, but all i've got to say is karma's a bitch. He should have stayed off of our star.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I hate to see him go down, but all i've got to say is karma's a bitch. He should have stayed off of our star.
LOL that was hilarious, I was rolling when I saw that and I enjoyed it cause I'm a 49ers fan

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Yea R. Williams has 2 blownout knees(T. Calico-Titans) a broken fibula(Musa Smith-Ravens) and a ankle and a fibula from TO to his credit with his horse collar takle bullshit this year alone! I guess when you don`t know the position and you overrun everything **** happens:lol:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established

All you jealous bastards take a look at what I said above. We just got our invite to the dance and TO is gonna be prom king. Bobo I got the green paint, you just fly your ass up here.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I noticed the Pats thread is gone.. guess while I was away something happened.

Anyhow I apologize for turning it into a pissing contest and intend to play nice from now on.
I was planning on putting this there ..but can`t so here it is.. If you Mods decide, please lock don`t delete this thread.
I would sincerly like for other member to know what I said...

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
if the pats fans were so dedicated to their team then they would down there representing in droves. as it stands now birds' fans outnumber pats 6:1. there will be more birds fans sunday at kickoff and that stadium will be rocking with eagles fans. i guarentee that pats fans will see firsthand just how passionate philly fans are-it will be just another home game for the eagles. the 12th man will make difference!go eagles!!!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Eagles fans are born not made!!! 35 years and counting for me:lol:

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
56 years and counting for me. The Old Dutchman, now 87 and still rooting from his wheelchair, grew up with the Frankford Yellowjackets and got me started on the Eagles in 48 at old Shibe Park (later Connie Mack stadium). I've seen every great Iggles receiver from Pihos and McDonald thru Carmichael and Quick to now TO. If he even steps on the field tomorrow he will forever earn a place in the Iggles HOF. An all-time gutsy move!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Damn! You remember the 48-49- 60`s champs then... Lucky you

I did hoist:drunk: a few with Steve Van B, he was a good friend of a friend.. man he had some good stories to tell, if you could get him started.

az2u

Awards
I hope TO breaks his leg tomorrow. He's an idiot. 49er fans know what I'm talking about.
Unfortunately Eagle fans will too. Saw a clip of him walking behind McNabb on the sideline before he was injured. Looked like Owens was complaining about something and by the look on McNabb's face he didn't want anything to do w/his new teammate.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
GO BEAR's "o-****" wrong superbowl LOL well 85 was a great year.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I hope TO breaks his leg tomorrow. He's an idiot. 49er fans know what I'm talking about.
Unfortunately Eagle fans will too. Saw a clip of him walking behind McNabb on the sideline before he was injured. Looked like Owens was complaining about something and by the look on McNabb's face he didn't want anything to do w/his new teammate.
I hear ya! We heard the same stories about him. He hasn`t shown any of this, but let`s see what happens next year. If you wanted to prove someone wrong you would show up and be a good soldier, and that is what he has done. Like I said we will see next year.

The highlight you are talking about was from the Pittsburg game. If you watched INSIDE THE NFL that week you would have also seen TO on the phone with the coaches upstairs saying" Donovan won`t talk to me, but he will or I am gonna call his momma." Also the next week in Dallas it was McNabb chasing TO on the sidelines and him doing the ignoring as a joke for the media.

It has been reported that the Eagles fully expect TO to break both screws in his ankle with no ill effects. Stories sure do change don`t they. It will come down to can he deal with the pain and play with it.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established

Bro you dislike TO so much that you want him to break his leg in one of the biggest games of his life? To hope for something like that you must know him personally. Oh wait you don't, grow up pal. There's people in sports I can't stand either but I'm not going to wish harm on them.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Damn! You remember the 48-49- 60`s champs then... Lucky you

I did hoist:drunk: a few with Steve Van B, he was a good friend of a friend.. man he had some good stories to tell, if you could get him started.
I'm jealous of your opportunity with The Flying Dutchman. I have use that as my nickname for most of my life. Here I just shortened things to the Dutchman. On my favorite Iggles website I wrote a review of the 49 Eagles a few months ago. I'll copy it here for you and any other Eagles fanatics. The balance on O and D. The superiority and touhghness versus the rest of the league were hallmarks of the 49 team that I see in today's as well.

"My thoughts on the powerhouse Iggles team that won three straight Eastern Div championships from 47 to 49 and topped it off with two NFL titles in 48 and 49. The 49 team was the strongest of all with new additions like Bednarik, career years from a few players like Pritchard and great last hurrahs from others. When they were good they were VERY good. The following excerpts give a good picture of their talent;

"The 1940's was truly the decade of the Philadelphia Eagles. In later years, the Professional Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee chose All-Pro squads from each decade. The All-Pro squad from the 1940's included seven players from Philadelphia: Steve Van Buren, Alex Wojciechowicz, Al Wistert, Vic Sears, Frank (Bucko) Kilroy, Pete Pihos, and a player who would later coach Msgr. Bonner High School's football team to its first city championship. That player was Jack Ferrante. "

"I think the glory days of the N.F.L. were the late 1940's and early 1950's. The Eagles then were like the Raiders today. We were tough and we intimidated teams. We had a different mentality. It was survival of the fittest." (Bucko Kilroy)
http://www.footballresearch.com/articles/f...?topic=ferrante

To understand this team, first of all one has to allow that the season in "49" for example was just 12 games long. On the other hand The rules in those days allowed for much, much more punishment to be meted out than in the softie style of football played today. It was simply brutal, all-out physical attacks with relatively little protective equipment. On top of that most of the guys on O also played D and damn well as Greasy Neale's famous "Eagle Defense" (the original precursor to the 4-3) stunned the competition.

Lets briefly examine some of the stars of that 49 Iggles O.
QB: Tommy "One Eye" Thompson ( a converted tailback who could run and for two years, 48-49, was arguably the number 1 QB in the NFL.

RB: Steve "The Flying Dutchman" Van Buren, HOF (Only the greatest runner in the 40's and voted by the NFL as one of the three best in the first 50 years of football, he led the league in yards gained 5 times in the 40s. He retired owning 7 NFL records. In the 49 championship game he only set the then record of 196 yds).

RB: Bosh Pritchard, (little, but very fast,he averaged a league leading 6.6 yds per carry in 49 as he and The Dutchman formed pro-football's original version of Thunder and Lightening).

C: Vic Lindskog an All-Pro who got great relief from rookie sub sensation Concrete Charlie Bednarik.

LT: Vic Sears one of the all-time great Eagles lineman (a killer T on D as well)

RT: Al Wistert captain and another Eagles great (5 consecutive years as all-NFL)

RG: Bucko Kilroy: A two way terror who was often called "The dirtiest (ie. meanest/toughest) man in the NFL"

LG: Cliff Patton also regarded as one of the top kickers in the league.

FB: Joe Muha, one of the toughest eagles of all-time he was also an outstanding punter.

WR: Jack Ferrante an excellent receiver (who never went to college)

TE: Pete Pihos HOF, for my money still the best receiver to ever play in Phila. Pete was a former Indiana F, I believe, who had great moves and the power to flatten a tackler (his preferred way of moving downfield) FYI Pete made all pro 6 X, including 1 X in 52 when he (as equally adept at going both ways as was Bednarik), was asked by coach Trimble to play only DE. He then came back to playing E/WR and led the NFL in receiving 3 straight years before retiring in 55). Oh yeah, Pistol Pete NEVER missed a game in his entire 9 year career.

There you have it, (I did check the facts from various sources for my fading memory) the line-up that won the NFL title a second time in 49 and IMO still the (all things being relative) greatest O in Eagles history."

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
If Owens comes back and leads the Eagles to victory (big if) he would be considered among the all-time greats.