NHL is back!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Went to the Bruins opener tonight, and they looked awesome! Tons of shots, won the large majority of face offs, and the defense was killer!!
Personally, I can care less about the lockout, I'm just glad hockey is back!
I'm thinkin my B's have a legit shot at a cup run this year......thoughts???

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
mighty ducks are better

wmp05c

Awards
My Bolts started great, haven't looked so good the last two games though

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went to the Bruins opener tonight, and they looked awesome! Tons of shots, won the large majority of face offs, and the defense was killer!!
Personally, I can care less about the lockout, I'm just glad hockey is back!
I'm thinkin my B's have a legit shot at a cup run this year......thoughts???
Screw the Bruins. Damn Jacobs is the main reason the lockout lasted so damn long.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Screw the Bruins. Damn Jacobs is the main reason the lockout lasted so damn long.
Yeah....one dude kept the lockout going! It definitely wasn't the owners union....no not at all

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
It's cool...everyone hates the top teams when it's not theirs. I'll consider it a compliment to the B's. watch them beat up on the Habs tonight if you wanna see some real hockey!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
The B-Hawks will lose it....you'll see!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
yeah buddy. Crawford has improved, so far.

we'll see, but they are playing pretty dang well.
Yeah I'll give you that, they look pretty decent. I'm still sticking by my B's tho! The boys are getting healthy and our goal tending is only getting stronger! Plus freeing up 5 mil by dumping Thomas doesn't hurt!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'll give you that, they look pretty decent. I'm still sticking by my B's tho! The boys are getting healthy and our goal tending is only getting stronger! Plus freeing up 5 mil by dumping Thomas doesn't hurt!
I hate chara more than anyone..

but will admit, if he came to Chicago, I would be a fan hahha

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I hate chara more than anyone..

but will admit, if he came to Chicago, I would be a fan hahha
Haha....I would hate him if we had to play against him too!! The dude is a beast! My only issue with Chara is his amount of D-zone give aways, sometimes i think he is the reason I have gray hair!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Haha....I would hate him if we had to play against him too!! The dude is a beast! My only issue with Chara is his amount of D-zone give aways, sometimes i think he is the reason I have gray hair!
the giant has to have a weakness.

it was so funny to see Kane skating for a puck against him...it was like watchin a kid be bullied in grade school.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If history holds true, Chicago is winning the Stanley Cup this year.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
My team has become useless over the last few years. The Red Wings. I remember when we expected cups. Now, I'm just hoping we make it to the play-offs and make a little noise.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
My team has become useless over the last few years. The Red Wings. I remember when we expected cups. Now, I'm just hoping we make it to the play-offs and make a little noise.
Although it's been a rough patch for them, it is Detroit! They won't be outta the game for too long!

Look how long my B's were without a cup, now there is almost no stopping them!

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Wings all the way! I don't know what they will do this season but I'm glad to have some to watch.

bigbear22

Awards
NHL

Chicago kicking serious ass this year. Fortunate enough to see spin o ramo goal by Kane against Dallas. INSANE!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Started this thread last year, gonna bump it again for this year.
Who ya got, and why?
I'm sticking strong by my Bruins. Rask is a tad shaky this year, but I think he'll get it together. The young guys are hungry, and kinda remind me of the 2013 Red Sox.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Boston's days as a top contender are coming to an end. Their forwards keep getting injured, Chara is starting to look his age (finally), Hamilton hasn't developed as quickly as they hoped, and the Seguin trade has ended horribly for them.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I think Boston's days as a top contender are coming to an end. Their forwards keep getting injured, Chara is starting to look his age (finally), Hamilton hasn't developed as quickly as they hoped, and the Seguin trade has ended horribly for them.
things are definitely more bumpy than a year or 2 ago. Sequin needed to go, he was a hothead and bad for the club. Chara is still a huge injury to have right now, and even at his worst, his ice presence is tops in the NHL. I agree on his aging though, I give him 2-3 more years.
Siedenburg is having a rough go this year too, looks slow. I really like how Bartkowski is coming along, and Pasternak is going to be an all-star

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
things are definitely more bumpy than a year or 2 ago. Sequin needed to go, he was a hothead and bad for the club. Chara is still a huge injury to have right now, and even at his worst, his ice presence is tops in the NHL. I agree on his aging though, I give him 2-3 more years. Siedenburg is having a rough go this year too, looks slow. I really like how Bartkowski is coming along, and Pasternak is going to be an all-star
Kinda hard to give up on a 20 year old with that much talent and for such a small amount of compensation as well. He had to learn the game and realize that he wasn't automatically the best player on the ice. They didn't need to bring him up immediately to the NHL and should've stashed him in the AHL for a year to let him adapt to a more physical style and to let him start to fill out his frame.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Kinda hard to give up on a 20 year old with that much talent and for such a small amount of compensation as well. He had to learn the game and realize that he wasn't automatically the best player on the ice. They didn't need to bring him up immediately to the NHL and should've stashed him in the AHL for a year to let him adapt to a more physical style and to let him start to fill out his frame.
I agree, and he seems to have calmed down a tad in Dallas. But.... He was a huuuuge ass pain in the locker room, was hard to handle in Boston and was just becoming a liability. That type of guy doesn't last on any of our teams for very long. I actually saw him out in the city a few times, dude was nuts!!!
Sometimes just being good isn't enough to make a team hold onto a guy. Plus, I'm a big fan of Eriksson so I'm still looking at the trade as a win for the B's

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, and he seems to have calmed down a tad in Dallas. But.... He was a huuuuge ass pain in the locker room, was hard to handle in Boston and was just becoming a liability. That type of guy doesn't last on any of our teams for very long. I actually saw him out in the city a few times, dude was nuts!!! Sometimes just being good isn't enough to make a team hold onto a guy. Plus, I'm a big fan of Eriksson so I'm still looking at the trade as a win for the B's
Loui has done what since the trade? Like I said, he was freaking 20 and didn't need to be called up. If he needed to be humbled, then they should've never immediately brought him to the NHL. It's not like there's less trouble he can get in over in Dallas; hell there's probably more trouble over there as that place has a notorious nightlife. Was he a brat? Probably, but they shouldn't have drafted him in the first place if they knew he wasn't one of "them."

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Loui has done what since the trade? Like I said, he was freaking 20 and didn't need to be called up. If he needed to be humbled, then they should've never immediately brought him to the NHL. It's not like there's less trouble he can get in over in Dallas; hell there's probably more trouble over there as that place has a notorious nightlife. Was he a brat? Probably, but they shouldn't have drafted him in the first place if they knew he wasn't one of "them."
not a fan of Loui?! I think he has done great. He has a smarter style of play and is 1,000 times better on the defensive end. Plus we needed another experienced forward. Don't get me wrong, Tyler is a great player, not knocking him in that aspect, I just didn't mind seeing the trade.
What do you think of Gagne? I'm not impressed so far.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Rodja you a Bruins fan or just know hockey well?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a big hockey fan. Have been since I was a teenager. Favorite hockey moment is June 9, 2001. As a Bruins fan, that was probably a bittersweet moment.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was very happy to see Bourque win, regardless of the team. He was always my favorite player growing up.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still in shock from the OT loss in game 7 last year WCF. If Blackhawks win that game, they would have repeated.

With that said, new season, One Goal!

Go Hawks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was very happy to see Bourque win, regardless of the team. He was always my favorite player growing up.
It was especially nice for me as a huge Avs fan. The year before was heartbreaking with Borque's shot defending off of Deadmarsh and an inch away from tying the WCF.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I'm glad Borque got one, just wish it was while wearing the B.
My hockey nightmare was when Samulson took out Neely's knee.... Hurts to think about

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Bump:

So Anaheim, Chicago, and Nashville are looking unstoppable, while my Bruins are just fighting for a spot at the big kids table.

What are your biggest surprises of the year?

What teams will make big changes going into the 2nd half?

Who wins the cup and why?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Biggest surprise is the complete emergence of Tyler Seguin as a dominant scorer. I expected him to get to something close to this, but nowhere near this level and at this stage. Stamkos not scoring at his usual clip is also very unexpected.

O'Reilly is going to be shipped out to someone. He's not a number one, but he's a damn good number two and defensive presence. Put him on the right team and he can tip the scales. He's almost a young Ryan Kesler and look how much he's changed Anaheim's success.

Who wins the cup? It's still too early to tell as an injury can happen at any time. It's likely a two horse race in the West between Anaheim and Chicago, but the East seems really open.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Obviously my biggest shock is how the B's are struggling. I knew it would be a tough year, but not this bad. (Good game tonight tho!)

Other than that:.. The NJ Devils coaching move!!!!! Toss a hall of fame coach and replace him with not 1, but 2 hall of famers! Big game move that will either tank them to the cellar or bring them a cup. Gutsy, but I like it.
Also a surprise, the Habs PK Subban having a quiet year; curse of the large $ contract maybe??

The cup..... I'm with Rodja, I got nuttin yet. Crazy year!!

Let's hear more opinions guys!! If you don't like hockey... Turn in your man card!!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree on the surprise struggles of B's (but I'm happy about it lol)

Who win's cup...no telling, I'm a Bolts fan and one night we look like we could make a run, and the next, like we are still a year away (example our 6-3 loss to Pitt tonight)

Love watching the games though, constant action!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I agree on the surprise struggles of B's (but I'm happy about it lol) Who win's cup...no telling, I'm a Bolts fan and one night we look like we could make a run, and the next, like we are still a year away (example our 6-3 loss to Pitt tonight) Love watching the games though, constant action!
I'm shocked at how little your boy Stamkos is producing! Think he's hiding an injury?

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm shocked at how little your boy Stamkos is producing! Think he's hiding an injury?
No idea haha Our second line has been much better than expected, so if Stamkos can play like he's supposed to I'd feel a lot better about our chances.
One thing the reporters around here talk about a lot with Stamkos is he really needs someone he's comfortable with to feed him the puck, they've had a hard time finding someone since Vinny left, even when he has looked like his usual self.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Let's talk All-Star game, and post break play.
First off, I HATE how the teams for the game are done!!! I liked east vs west. Now you have teams being picked by captains, team mates playing against each other.... Eh, it loses something.
As far as play after the break... I personally could not be happier. The Bruins have gotten their shît together and are really firing an all cylinders now. The climb to top Anaheim is a long one, but I think we will make a good run.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let's talk All-Star game, and post break play.
First off, I HATE how the teams for the game are done!!! I liked east vs west. Now you have teams being picked by captains, team mates playing against each other.... Eh, it loses something.
As far as play after the break... I personally could not be happier. The Bruins have gotten their shît together and are really firing an all cylinders now. The climb to top Anaheim is a long one, but I think we will make a good run.
Playoff race is going to be really good, a lot of teams close and playing well right now

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
I agree, and he seems to have calmed down a tad in Dallas. But.... He was a huuuuge ass pain in the locker room, was hard to handle in Boston and was just becoming a liability. That type of guy doesn't last on any of our teams for very long. I actually saw him out in the city a few times, dude was nuts!!!
Sometimes just being good isn't enough to make a team hold onto a guy. Plus, I'm a big fan of Eriksson so I'm still looking at the trade as a win for the B's
Eriksson no Seguin,, bit of a goal gap between them. Im still pissed about losing Thorty and Boychuk.Pasternak will be a good one, Looch has upped his game since he got the kid on his line. Tuukka is settling down better and Hamilton is getting tougher.Jury still out on Spooner and Paille, although Danny seems to be waking up lately. Ottawas on our heals,, got put together some big wins down the streatch.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Eriksson no Seguin,, bit of a goal gap between them. Im still pissed about losing Thorty and Boychuk.
dude, I 110% agree!!! I like L.E, but I wish his #'s were higher. I'm happy with the recent success, but I can't say a cup run is in the B's future for this year. All I ask is that the Habs don't win!!!
So.... It's been a while since I've posted here. How do guys feel we are shaping up?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Sports Talk 12
Sports Talk 56