Why is Pitt in a BCS bowl !?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There are clearly at least a dozen teams who deserve a spot over Pitt but now they're in the BCS because of a ridiculously retarted system :rant:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The Big Least fought like hell to keep their automatic bid before their main talent, Miami and Va Tech, left. Inquestionably an unearned BCS entry, whoever they play (Utah, Oklahoma or Boise State) in the Fiesta bowl deserves better.

Last edited:
ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This automatic bid stuff needs to go away, imo. Top eight teams go to bcs bowl game.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It's bullshit, I hope they get crushed

size

Awards
  • Established
I am counting on Utah to bury Pitt. However, Pitt's QB is one of the hottest in the country. I hope he cools off come the bowl game.

Adawg

Awards
Shitsburgh makin it to a BCS bowl game is total nonsense. I hope Utah :saw: them.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I was hoping Cal would get in, they are way more deserving than Pitt. That's what happens when you let some idiots have control of post season play. We wouldn't even be talking about this if they had a play off system.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
I would love to see pitt get hammered up and down the field. Utah - feel free to run up the score as much as possible.

Cal got absolutely JOBBED on this one. 10-1 and the only loss was to USC (future/repeating champs). Not to mention they wont each game by almost 24 pts. Yes I know many don't count margin of victory anymore but one of the computers does and it is a testiment to how good they are. Michagin does not deserve to playing Texas in the sugar bowl either - I don't even want to get into Auburn's situation

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I hope they expose the punk ass coaches (there's 6 of them) who had Cal purposely ranked 7th or 8th, they should at least tell the players who are the cowards that kept them out of the Rose Bowl, Texas should be playing Cal in the Rose Bowl but the rules prohibit that.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
admitted pitt fan, so yeah, i'm biased.

no, they don't belong in a bcs game, but they did what was required to make a bcs game. they have nothing to apologize for.

the people who are upset about cal getting shut out in favor of pitt should also be complaining about michigan and va tech. cal is more deserving than either of those teams as well.

i'm all for 16 team playoff (top 16 in the bcs standing...no automatic league tie-ins).

btw, pitt has improved almost every game this year...they are very young and may just have gelled enough by jan 1st to surprise a few people. palko is a legit heisman cadidate next year.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Pitt almost lost to my furman paladins!

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
Pitt almost lost to my furman paladins!
yeah, i was at that game. the funny thing is that was the game that they started to believe in themselves. they were not a good team early in the season. they had to replace 10 starters on offense.

they also matured and beat notre dame, bc and wv.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's really bad about the whole thing, is the way all of these schools are now attacking each other. Then the sports writers get involved as well. It's a mess. Auburn deserves a chance, and being the Texas fan that I am, Cal should be in the Rose Bowl playing us not Michigan. Everyone is attacking Mack Brown for speaking for his team, but everyone forgets that last year we were ranked #5 in the BCS, and didn't get to go. It would have been two years in a row that we would have been screwed. Cal is now experiencing how we felt last year. The BCS is creating a classless system with coaches running up the scores because they get shafted if they don't.

On another note, Pitt may have come on strong at the end of the year, but quite honestly they are not a top ten team in the country.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
On another note, Pitt may have come on strong at the end of the year, but quite honestly they are not a top ten team in the country.
They could have at least 2-3 intra conferences losses if they were in another conference. The Big East is a big notch below the other conferences, this also reminds of the time Nebraska got in the National Title game against Miami after getting massacred by Colorado AND NOT EVEN WINNING THE BIG 12 NORTH DIVISION !!! Too many teams getting robbed each year for them (NCAA) not to do anything about it.

Adawg

Awards
If I remember correctly, Shitsburgh won several games in either overtime or at the very end of the game. It's not like they were ever "dominant". The Utes better stomp the **** out of their ass's.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
If I remember correctly, Shitsburgh won several games in either overtime or at the very end of the game. It's not like they were ever "dominant". The Utes better stomp the **** out of their ass's.
where has it been posted that they were "dominant"? they were the big east champs...they go to a bcs game. period.

there has been a 3 loss conference champ in a bcs game in every year of the bcs. one year fla st had 4. this isn't exactly a new problem.