Kapernick?

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you think Kapernick should get the start or Smith?

av6258

av6258

Awards
Kapernick. He makes all the throws, was threading the needle against Chi D. He also has wheels. The guy wasn't a second round pick for nothing. I like Smith, but it's time for the niners to move on from a game manager QB

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you think Kapernick should get the start or Smith?
Absolutely. Now that I live in the SF market and have watched them for the last 2 years. I'd say the 49ers have been winning in spite of Alex Smith. He cannot create plays, he's a slightly more athletic version of Trent Dilfer.

If SF didnt have the most athletic TE in the league, Smith would really be SOL.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Couldn't agree with both of you more! I've wanted Kap to start since they drafted him.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Little late chiming in but Kap is the better play. We might not win the Super Bowl with Kap this year but we definitely weren't gonna win with Smith. The offense is more explosive and teams can no longer stack 8 in the box cuz Kap can beat them deep. Kap will be a Pro Bowler in 2-3 years. All we need is for the most important Smith (Justin) to heal ASAP

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Little late chiming in but Kap is the better play. We might not win the Super Bowl with Kap this year but we definitely weren't gonna win with Smith. The offense is more explosive and teams can no longer stack 8 in the box cuz Kap can beat them deep. Kap will be a Pro Bowler in 2-3 years. All we need is for the most important Smith (Justin) to heal ASAP
Just saw your response. Really looking good for us I think. Call me biased but I think Kap is a pro bowler next year. **** you could make a case for him to be MVP this year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Just saw your response. Really looking good for us I think. Call me biased but I think Kap is a pro bowler next year. **** you could make a case for him to be MVP this year.
You're right Reggie, he's definitely headed in the right direction and will be elite. That NFC West will be getting tougher with Wilson in Seattle and St. Louis on the rise. Kap is just 25 ! Can't imagine how much better he will be in 2-3 years. Everyone talks about teams figuring out the pistol but he only did brutal damage against Green Bay out of the pistol. He won impressive games vs Atlanta, New England, Green Bay, & Chicago in 10 starts !

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're right Reggie, he's definitely headed in the right direction and will be elite. That NFC West will be getting tougher with Wilson in Seattle and St. Louis on the rise. Kap is just 25 ! Can't imagine how much better he will be in 2-3 years. Everyone talks about teams figuring out the pistol but he only did brutal damage against Green Bay out of the pistol. He won impressive games vs Atlanta, New England, Green Bay, & Chicago in 10 starts !
Absolutely and the way he plays under pressure at the very beginning of his career, it's insane. I just worry about what seems to ultimately happen to almost all QBs that can run.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No you can't make any case for him to be MVP and it isn't close.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No you can't make any case for him to be MVP and it isn't close.
Gotta give me more than that man. Let's see he beat Brady, and Rodgers broke the all time single game rushing record in the playoffs none the less and took the Niners back to the Superbowl I'd say it has to be a little "close"

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also helped the Niners overcome the biggest playoff deficit and win against the Falcons on their home turf and almost brought them back in the Superbowl and was 1 play away from doing that.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
MVP is a regular season award. Colin played half a season that right there takes him out, on top of that the 49ers are a great team without him. they went to the afc championship game last year with out him, this year they were without him they were 6 and 2. They would lose more games without patrick willis out of the line-up then with Kap out.

ap,brady,rodgers,manning, etc ,etc,etc mean more to there teams then kap does. If the award was based on playoff performance ap wouldnt have got the award. Its not even debatable Kap isnt even close to this years MVP.

Plain and simple its a homer pick.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A homer pick? Lmao the Pats went 10-6 with Matt Cassel Brady's good but they can do it without him as well I guess. Broncos went to the playoffs with Tim Tebow I know that's previous year stuff but I guess you could still holds true for anyone.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, all true & valid points buuuuut MVP doesn't account for post season stats/games ;-)
True I didn't say he was going to win the award I was simply saying that for a kid to come in under that much pressure and do what he did is pretty damn impressive

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True I didn't say he was going to win the award I was simply saying that for a kid to come in under that much pressure and do what he did is pretty damn impressive
And I'm obviously biased lol

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
First of that was 5 years ago not last season. NE had a winning season without brady , but they didnt go to the playoffs and NE with Brady is a SB caliber team. The broncos went to the playoffs with a great defense not just Timmy.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Im not saying he isnt good or even better than Smith, but lets be realistic this team is very good from top to bottom and can win games with alot of players under center. Im not saying anything will change completely, but would like to see what happens in a couple years with the option/pistol offense has been around a couple years.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats why I said previous years. I realize it wasn't last year. I said you could make a case on MVP not he should win it. That's all

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your beating me to the punch lol ya they are a stacked team with a great coach I'm really excited for the future

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
and Im saying you cant make a case for MVP because there are multple other players that if you took them away from their respective teams the team wouldn't even be half as good. My point for bringing up last year was this is basically the same team as last year add in Kap and they went to the afc championship. You take Kap out of the line up and put smith back in I wouldnt be surprised if they go to the superbowl anyway.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I understand what you're saying.

I feel Megatron should have gotten MVP love too.

Homeboy sounds like he may be a Raiders fan hehe :-D

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Megatron did go off. Had him on my fantasy team and AP and Manning. No one wanted to take the risk with them. I'd say it turned out alright lol

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Raiders fan is no. I don't hate the niners or kap.
I was joking. Living in Cali, Raiders fans NEVER had anything nice to say about anything niners.

Actually, most California sports fans are VERY "poor sports" about their teams, acting more immature than 3yr olds.

Not saying you are, at all ;-)

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
My point for bringing up last year was this is basically the same team as last year add in Kap and they went to the afc championship. /QUOTE]

NFC

bigbear22

Awards
He isnt a QB. He is a wildcat WR taking snaps, having to make up for his lack of throwing skills by running. Wrong what SF did to Smith.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He isnt a QB. He is a wildcat WR taking snaps, having to make up for his lack of throwing skills by running. Wrong what SF did to Smith.
He beat the number 1 seed at their house with his arm. I'd say he's a pretty good qb

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Have you ever seen Kaepernick play before? I believe this is a rhetorical question.

bigbear22

Awards
Im not a fan of the guy, think people think to highly of him. 49ers was saved in the playoffs by kaepernick running abilities. Lucky that light went out at Superbowl, First half showed just how good he really is.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not a fan of the guy, think people think to highly of him. 49ers was saved in the playoffs by kaepernick running abilities. Lucky that light went out at Superbowl, First half showed just how good he really is.
Smith = NFC game. Kapernick = Super Bowl with a hurt defense (both Smiths banged up). That's a pretty erroneous claim to say he's not good.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And he hardly ran at all against the Falcons. First half of "THE SUPERBOWL" for a kid that hadn't even been a starter for an entire season. Look what he did in the second half. The lights going out had nothing to do with it. Too many people use that excuse. He had good comebacks in a few games. He's just that much of a competitor and the Niners are too good of a team to go out like that.

bigbear22

Awards
Chiefs vs. 49ers cant wait to see it. you might be right about kaepernick, I just dont think so.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Clearly you're not a fan of the guy but to be flat out ignorant of his playing abilities (passing and running, not to mention poise under pressure) is another thing.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as he stays healthy....(.and I don't care if people don't agree with me or not) he is going to be legen...wait for it.......dary!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree Smith did well but I honestly feel it was due to the system. Kap has crazy abilities and in Harbaughs system boom!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You think the Chiefs will beat the Niners?

CaptForest

CaptForest

Awards
Alex smith is a great quarterback if the season keeps going the way it is. We will see that the 49ers ****ed up. I am a fan of Kapernick though so i hope that he shapes up. That first game of the season was a monster we need more of that.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alex smith is a great quarterback if the season keeps going the way it is. We will see that the 49ers ****ed up. I am a fan of Kapernick though so i hope that he shapes up. That first game of the season was a monster we need more of that.
I think it has more to do with amount of injuries that the Niners are facing. Especially to their receivers, then it does with Kap.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Kc is one of few places Alex could have went to be succesful, Reid's forte is qbs. He can make bad qbs average and average qbs good. Smith is basically an average qb being made good by reid work with him.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
#49erforlife but getting caught up in that horrible traffic afterwards have kept me from going again. Maybe the new stadium will be better?!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
#49erforlife but getting caught up in that horrible traffic afterwards have kept me from going again. Maybe the new stadium will be better?!
The light rail should drop fans off within walking distance. Can't wait ! The sky didn't fall after the loss to Indy and we will get Manningham back in week 7. Crabtree might be back in November but December for sure. If they make that trade for Josh Gordon than Kap will be stacked at WR. Baldwin needs to step it up and they need to incorporate James in the passing game like they did in the play offs

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The light rail should drop fans off within walking distance. Can't wait ! The sky didn't fall after the loss to Indy and we will get Manningham back in week 7. Crabtree might be back in November but December for sure. If they make that trade for Josh Gordon than Kap will be stacked at WR. Baldwin needs to step it up and they need to incorporate James in the passing game like they did in the play offs
Stacked at wr?

Manningham and Baldwin are average receivers and I'm not sure what kind of seperation you can expect Crabtree will get this year coming off a Achilles injury. Stacked isn't the word I would use.

Not saying Gordon isn't a possibility, but I doubt that would even happen. Gordon is cheap for the browns to keep for the next 3 years and they would want to much in return. Nicks from the giants is probably more of a possibility than Gordon would be because its the last year of his contract and the giants wont resign him with randle sitting behind him, he will come at cheaper price to. If they do trade for a wr, they will most likely cut 1 of the ones you got most likely Baldwin or manning ham.

wouldn't be to smart to trade for a guy like Gordon after what your going through with aldon smith either.