fight night at the palace.... basketball - AnabolicMinds.com

fight night at the palace.... basketball

1. New Member

fight night at the palace.... basketball

you guys see that fight between the pacers and the pistons.... what a joke

2. Registered User

Just saw it on SportsCenter.

I will say this. That was one hellacious blow Jermaine O'Neal landed on that dude who came onto the floor to get in Artest's face (and was subsequently cold cocked by number 23, oh I mean 91).

Definitely not your usual NBA punch.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I loved it, not even Mike Tyson can top that
    •   

4. Senior Member

animals
  5. USA HOCKEY

artest aint scared
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  6. Professional Member

I saw it and thought it was pathetic. I thought it was even worse that it seemed as though guys on the sport channels were defending the players actions. It was a cup with some beer, not a brick.

Just read this: The NBA suspended Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson of Indiana and Ben Wallace of Detroit on Saturday for taking part in one of the ugliest brawls in U.S. sports history.............suspension s were indefinite
    Last edited by size; 11-20-2004 at 03:29 PM.
  7. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by size
    I saw it and thought it was pathetic. I thought it was even worse that it seemed as though guys on the sport channels were defending the players actions. It was a cup with some beer, not a brick.

Just read this: The NBA suspended Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson of Indiana and Ben Wallace of Detroit on Saturday for taking part in one of the ugliest brawls in U.S. sports history.............suspension s were indefinite
    Size I agree it was a cup of beer oooooh. If NFL players fought everytime someone threw beer on them football games would look like WWE. He over reacted big time. Hell I bounce at a bar and have had more then one drink thrown on me. It shows the intelligence and maturity level of these players are not to high on the scale.
  8. Superman

The suspensions were indefinite because the Pacers play tonight and they haven't decided how long they want to suspend them for...so they said that so they couldn't play while they made a decision.
  9. New Member

I realize Ben Wallace shoved Artest after that foul and all, but was he involved with the brawl at all?

Seems to me that the NBA is suspending Ben just to play the "see, we are fair, we suspended guys from BOTH teams" card.

Nevermind the fact that Artest just started beating on people who didn't even throw the drink at him.

Going to be some rich pistons fans I would bet. Lawyers were probably lined up outside the stadium to "consult" those who received beatdowns.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

It was worth the watch

I personally was suprised that Artest didn't knock teh guy out (or even down) when he reached back and clocked him in the jaw. It looked like a clean shot, but the guy on his feet made it seem otherwise. It looked like he and that guy were going to trade blows until that goofball to his right went after Artest arms flailing and he tripped up the other guy. It woulda been funny...

I think it was stupid for the guy to throw a beer, but they're a bunch of idiots for acting like that. I'm trying to find some clear video of one incident where a fan got a hold of one of the players (unidentified ATM) and start blasting on him. Ha, ha...
  11. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Size I agree it was a cup of beer oooooh....He over reacted big time. Hell I bounce at a bar and have had more then one drink thrown on me.
    Yes, I have a few mates who are bouncers and getting a drink tossed in their direction is nothing new. A person should not react that way to a drink unless they are on 200mg of tren daily and cheque drops. I hope they all get really long suspensions without pay.
  12. New Member

I would have loved to have seen some fan just knock a player the **** out.

If I was in the stands and Artest went after my bro I would have probably jumped on his back and choked him OUT.

(cause I probably would have gotten my ass kicked throwing punches lol)
  13. Superman

Artest didn't actually beat anyone in the crowd...he pushed the guy down and asked if he was the one who threw it...the guy said no and artest got off him. He threw punches on the court but not in the crowd. S-Jax was the one throwing haymakers in the crowd.
  14. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manu20
    Artest didn't actually beat anyone in the crowd...he pushed the guy down and asked if he was the one who threw it...the guy said no and artest got off him. He threw punches on the court but not in the crowd. S-Jax was the one throwing haymakers in the crowd.
    I think you are incorrect about Artest. I watched the clip numerous times and here is a quote from the man who was attacked by Artest:
    Mike Ryan of Clarkston said Artest attacked him, assuming Ryan threw the beer. "He asked, 'Did you do it? Did you do it?' I said no and he started pummeling me."
  15. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by PastorofMuppets
    I would have loved to have seen some fan just knock a player the **** out.
    If I was in the stands and Artest went after my bro I would have probably jumped on his back and choked him OUT.
    I agree with you. I would have loved to see someone knock out an overpaid ******* athlete. Or even better would have been to see somebody grab Jackson, as he was punching wildly, put him in an arm bar and snap his arm like the twig it is.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Too bad we didn't have any MMA clubs in the crowd

I still want to see clear video of the one fan who took after, and supposedly started pounding, one of the players. I've heard a lot about it, but I didn't see it in the video I d/led.

Also, for the windup Artest had, I'm still shocked he couldn't get some power behind it...I watched that part repeatedly and the guy Artest hit tripped over the flailing idiot to his right (the fan's right).
  17. Registered User

There's a cat that looks like he goes about 350 (mostly in the gut) that you can see behind the scorer's table when the stuff is starting (Artest is lying on the table, various Pacers and Pistons are milling about, doing the usual NBA posturing).

Later you see the same dude, sucker punching Fred Jones (Jones had his BACK TURNED to him, trying to break up the fights in the stands). He swings at the back of Jones' head a couple of times, then Jones appears to go down, and you see the dude throwing punches downwards.

Didn't seem to have much effect, judging from the 31 Jones hung on the Magic last night (that, BTW, was an AWESOME game: Pacers dress 6 guys, one of whom I really don't know, and very nearly win).
  18. Superman

I think you are incorrect about Artest. I watched the clip numerous times and here is a quote from the man who was attacked by Artest:
    Mike Ryan of Clarkston said Artest attacked him, assuming Ryan threw the beer. "He asked, 'Did you do it? Did you do it?' I said no and he started pummeling me."
    Maybe I couldn't see it but from what I saw he pushed him and threw him to the ground but he never punched the guy. I'm not saying he didn't attack him but from what I've seen and people have said he didn't actually throw any punches in the crowd.
  19. Superman

Thats weird....I've seen that same quote but the one I saw said after the guy said no artest got off him and moved on to another guy. I dont' know.
  20. Pityin' fools since '81

i thought artest was throwing punches. who knows, anyway that guy on the court who was just getting up when he caught that shot to the chin took a serious blow. if o'neal hadn't slipped when he threw that punch it would have knocked his lights out.
  21. Professional Member

A person should not react that way to a drink unless they are on 200mg of tren daily and cheque drops. I hope they all get really long suspensions without pay.
    In that case it would be completely understandable LOL

Actually if you watch the clip the guy artest attacked for supposedly throwing the beer at him actually had a beer in his hand, so how the hell did he throw it? Artest was scared that Wallace would beat the living piss out of him so he let out his frustration on some poor schmoe. What a sissy bitch.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Listen to this. Artest is suspended for the rest of the season, Jackson for 30 games, and O'Neal for 25 games. The Pacers are DONE ! ! !

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/
  23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    The Pacers are DONE ! ! !
    Dude, it sucks. There is the possibility that Artest will be reinstated on appeal. While I am not exactly impartial, the penalty does seem excessively harsh.

And while those suspensions may seem to have had the effect of an atomic blast, it says here the Pacers will make the playoffs anyway. And truth be known, a healthy Pacers team, even without Artest (or homecourt), is still likely going to beat any team in the Eastern Conference, except maybe one or two.

That punch O'Neal threw has to be the most expensive in the history of the world. It will cost him $4.6 million in salary.
  24. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by michaelton
    There's a cat that looks like he goes about 350 (mostly in the gut) that you can see behind the scorer's table when the stuff is starting (Artest is lying on the table, various Pacers and Pistons are milling about, doing the usual NBA posturing).

Later you see the same dude, sucker punching Fred Jones (Jones had his BACK TURNED to him, trying to break up the fights in the stands). He swings at the back of Jones' head a couple of times, then Jones appears to go down, and you see the dude throwing punches downwards.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is Ben Wallace's brother. What a guy.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelton
    Dude, it sucks. There is the possibility that Artest will be reinstated on appeal. While I am not exactly impartial, the penalty does seem excessively harsh.
    The penalty is quite harsh when you consider past acts such as Kermit Washington sucker punching Rudy Tomjanovich back in the days. Artest actually didn't hurt anybody or damage anyone's career, the only way I'd give him a full season suspension is if he caused a fan or a player to miss one season of work, one those "you're gonna suffer as long as your victim keeps suffering" type of deals.

The Jermaine O'Neal punch was hilarious but he can actually blame security on that one because FANS are never supposed to be on the court. He can claim he felt threatened although the video shows he doesn't, he can say it was a pre-emptive strike LOL
  26. New Member

New news is that Artest, O'Neal, Jackson, and somebody else are facing potential criminal charges.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:13 PM
  2. Does Sleeping at night verses the day time matter for gain muscle?
    By John Smeton in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 09:21 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 12:49 PM
  4. More uselessness at the "other" forum....
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 01:38 AM
  5. Robbed at the Gym
    By DarCSA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 07:18 PM