A Tribute to the Yanks

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
LOL good one. That reminds me I forgot to pick up some champagne for tonight.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL good one. That reminds me I forgot to pick up some champagne for tonight.

Me too, a bottle of wine would be in order tonight.Im not talking about any screw off cap kind either....LOL :drunk:

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Don't get ahead of yourselve's here. In my opinion the curse hasn't been broken just yet. In fact they've set themselves up to prove the curse is for real.

Could you imagine if they blew this lead after they pulled off the greatest postseason comeback of all time. Us Yankee fans can only hope, but if any body could pull it off it would be the bosox.

PC1

Don't get ahead of yourselve's here. In my opinion the curse hasn't been broken just yet. In fact they've set themselves up to prove the curse is for real.

Could you imagine if they blew this lead after they pulled off the greatest postseason comeback of all time. Us Yankee fans can only hope, but if any body could pull it off it would be the bosox.

..... Care for a little salt on that crow ?

deftone

Awards
Thats some funny ****.

The best part is the fact that the Red Sox have aptly been nicknamed "Yankees Jr." because they throw money around as well. There is on caveat to that nickname though, the Red Sox have won 11 pennants and 6 world series, come and see us when you have won another 28 pennants and 20 world series. For now, get used to the chant Carlos Beltran.....

kilgore78

Awards
beltran and randy johnson. here's to another 86 years of being cursed. go yankees

deftone

Awards
hell yeah brotha, i just wish there was a place in the lineup to squeeze Adrian Beltre as well.

kilgore78

Awards
beltre will most likely go somewhere else. there are still talks about bringing boone back to play 2nd though

deftone

Awards
why do they need boone, cairo fit perfectly this season.

kilgore78

Awards
because boone is a gold glove caliber position player. i agree that cairo filled in very nicely but boone would be a step up.

deftone

Awards
because boone is a gold glove caliber position player. i agree that cairo filled in very nicely but boone would be a step up.
A slight step-up defensively, but in 03 he hit around 200. i know the last thing the Yankees need is offensive talent, but Cairo made a name for himself by coming through in the cluth. He seemed to always come through when they needed him, like a skinnier Luis Sojo or Ruben Sierra.

kilgore78

Awards
it really doesn't matter who the yankees pick up or who they don't. the red sox have 17 free agents. like i said earlier "heres to another 86 years" lol. i wasn't knocking cairo at all. he did make for a good addition to the team. as well as sierra. hell, Torre let sierra manage the last regular season game.

kilgore78

Awards
i am going to use your avatar if that is ok.

BryanFury

Awards
I only looked at the avatar and thought you were talking to yourself...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yankees represent a class act. Please refrain from displaying the rest of us Yankees fans in a poor light. I have engaged with these guys all throughout the post season. I practiced nothing less than respect. I would appreciate it if you did the same.

Thank you.

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
It was reported today that Nomar would make the switch to second base to play for the Yankees. That would be down right scary.

deftone

Awards
It was reported today that Nomar would make the switch to second base to play for the Yankees. That would be down right scary.
**** that would give the team an infield of career 300 hitters. Well, i guess that is if Giambi didnt hit 250 and 208 the past 2 years.