Yankee Fans

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im in the Yankee forums and they are crying calling for Torre to be fired and calling Redsux fans morons.They dont know how to loose thats their problem..One Thread named "The Redsox better not win the world series" Here is my post get a load of this..

No excuses, be a proud Yankee fan.When you say things like the sox play dirty give me a break.Gay-Rod tried the dirty stuff and got caugt call it for what it is.
The facts are the RedSox were the better team, deal with it and move on.This is the best medicine some of you Yankee fans need, not all but from what im reading most.Being from Boston we know how to lose and still hold are head up high.We are used to being left high and dry at the dance, we know how to react.You guys never learned how to be a good loser and your spoiled,talking about firing joe torre he is the best manager on the planet,what did he do forget how to manage I think not.To do this in the house that Ruth built is even more enjoyable,so much so Stienbrenner turned the lights out on our party.How ######ed is Stienbrenner anyway didnt he want ORtiz but the management said no and now he gets MVP against him..OUCH.I thought we winning the world series was the ultimate but after reading the crap over here I realized what the Sox did to you guys is far more rewarding than the world series itself.Had the twins won and we beat the twins and went on the the series,Yankee fans would say you didnt beat us so its not the same.I also realized alot of you get more satisfaction with the Redsox losing than you do with the Yankees winning.Just remember the Yankees will always be remembered for the biggest choke of all time and at Yankee stadium.That is going to stick around alot longer than 86 years.How does it feel New.This does not apply to the few fans that were man enough to tip their cap to the sox fans,Thank you

Every time a team is down 0-3 all you will hear is the only team ever to come back down 0-3 was the Boston Redsox over the mighty Yankees and I have a feeling this will never happen again...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just remember the Yankees will always be remembered for the biggest choke of all time and at Yankee stadium.
26 WCC and 39 ALC...hello...?

This time we got beat by a better team. End of story...move on.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
26 WCC and 39 ALC...hello...?

This time we got beat by a better team. End of story...move on.

B5150 That message was not directed to you,but if you read some of the crap at the yes network forums you would understand..You have been very fair in your post's IMO.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know it was not. Just saying that all Yanee fans are not mental ;)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know it was not. Just saying that all Yanee fans are not mental ;)

:thumbsup: Cool man I have enjoyed exchanging posts with you because your a baseball fan and that I can appreciate..

What do you think they will do in the off season pursue Beltran or starting pitching..I say revamp the pitching staff.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
If I were you Madman I would stay away from those forums. That's just asking for reasons to get pissed off. I agree this was the best medicine for the Yankees, and the Sox. They can make excuses about Torre which is complete crap, I would be blaming the players.

2 Sam Adams @ Fenway - $10.00
1 Red Sox hat - $25.00
Being able to hear a mouse fart in Yankee Stadium in Game 7 of the ALCS - priceless

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: Cool man I have enjoyed exchanging posts with you because your a baseball fan and that I can appreciate..

What do you think they will do in the off season pursue Beltran or starting pitching..I say revamp the pitching staff.

I honestly felt that for the payroll they have, their team was very average. IMO, after Jeter, AROD, and Sheffield, there is a BIG drop-off (Matsui IS NOT A CLEAN-UP HITTER). They need to get Giambi healthy, sign Beltran and dump Bernie or move him to permanent DH, and find a better second baseman than Cairo.

Their pitching has just had bad luck. If you'd told me that Brown, Vazquez, and Loiaza were going to pitch that poorly this season, I wouldn't believe it. I agree a revamp is necessary b/c they're all getting old.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I were you Madman I would stay away from those forums. That's just asking for reasons to get pissed off. I agree this was the best medicine for the Yankees, and the Sox. They can make excuses about Torre which is complete crap, I would be blaming the players.

2 Sam Adams @ Fenway - $10.00
1 Red Sox hat - $25.00
Being able to hear a mouse fart in Yankee Stadium in Game 7 of the ALCS - priceless
I hear ya Npursuit I guess im a glutton for punishment..But I am a sadistic Bastard.. :frustrate

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I honestly felt that for the payroll they have, their team was very average. IMO, after Jeter, AROD, and Sheffield, there is a BIG drop-off (Matsui IS NOT A CLEAN-UP HITTER). They need to get Giambi healthy, sign Beltran and dump Bernie or move him to permanent DH, and find a better second baseman than Cairo.

Their pitching has just had bad luck. If you'd told me that Brown, Vazquez, and Loiaza were going to pitch that poorly this season, I wouldn't believe it. I agree a revamp is necessary b/c they're all getting old.
Yeah I mean why not just make their entire lineup from the plate to the bullpen an all star roster.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I mean why not just make their entire lineup from the plate to the bullpen an all star roster.
They probably will. They have the money, they pay the additional taxes, so i see nothing wrong with what they do. Its a cycle- the Yankees spend all the money they want, and in return they sell out every game of the year and people all over the country buy Yankees **** off the shelves. I'm not a Yankees fan or a Red Sox fan, all I'm saying is that if I were a GM and you gave me a $160 million payroll, my team wouldn't look like theirs.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm a huge Yankee fan, but I definately tip my hat to the Sox. You have to, they just made the greatest comeback in sports history. I feel it will be very much diminished if they don't win the series though, possibly adding more fuel to the fire of the curse. Other than one or two players, I really like the red sox team, but it is the opposite with fans. You are one that I like Madman :). All of the sox fans I know are just very whiny and full of excuses. They say yankees fans are arrogant a-holes but when they themselves are on the winning side they take it to the next level.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Been a yankee fan as far back as I can remember, and the series doesn't change that. They had a 3-0 lead and they blew it. Plain and simple. It's not Toree's fault, the Red Sox outplayed them, that's all. Congrats to em. And since I've memorized the Red Sox line up from the ALCS playoffs, I guess I'll root for them at the WS.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Madman I checked some of the forums too. I already knew I was a sadistic bastard. They are doing a lot of finger pointing as to be expected but I didn't see much negative talk about the Sox. In fact I saw a lot of just the opposite. It's kind of nice to hear as I didn't expect it.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Madman I checked some of the forums too. I already knew I was a sadistic bastard. They are doing a lot of finger pointing as to be expected but I didn't see much negative talk about the Sox. In fact I saw a lot of just the opposite. It's kind of nice to hear as I didn't expect it.

Some were ok but the ones on the yes network forum,they were praying that we would lose the series..Here is an example..

Hope The Redsox lose

PC1

I'm a huge Yankee fan, but I definately tip my hat to the Sox. You have to, they just made the greatest comeback in sports history. I feel it will be very much diminished if they don't win the series though, possibly adding more fuel to the fire of the curse. Other than one or two players, I really like the red sox team, but it is the opposite with fans. You are one that I like Madman :). All of the sox fans I know are just very whiny and full of excuses. They say yankees fans are arrogant a-holes but when they themselves are on the winning side they take it to the next level.
Well said, right up until the last 2 sentences. T-Mack, this isn't directed at you at all bro, but truth is A-holes abound on both sides.

Notwithstanding that, most Yankee fans LOVE to rub the Sox fans noses in it year in and year out...... they've been abusing Sox fans for decades! In many Yankee fans eyes, Boston and Sox fans are 2nd class bush leaguers. I don't think MOST Sox fans look at Yankees fans in that light now that the tables have turned. Most that I know anyway respect the Yankee dynasty, but have been DESPERATE to see the Sox go all the way. One guy at one of the games had a sign that said something like "Please, just ONCE before I die".

So Red Sox Nation has bragging rights today. Good for them! It's about time! Rather than rubbing Yankee fans noses in it, I think it's more comical to listen to the more bitter Yankee fans grouse, piss and moan about Jeter, or A-Rod, or Torre, or the pitching staff choking. It's nonsense! I've listened to some of them seeking solace by HOPING the Sox lose the series. I'm sorry, that's pathetic.

The Yankees didn't choke, they just were outplayed! The Sox wanted it more, especially after last season's loss to NY and they didn't give up.

So, to any bitter Yankee fan stewing in their own juice this AM, you have this lesson in humility coming to you. Embrace the loss, take your medicine. How does it taste?

No need to go on and on about how bitter it tastes, we know it better than anyone because we've been taking it now, for what seems like forever.

Be well

PC1

NPursuit..................

Bro, you gotta change your sig line, it's:

Hey Yankees, who's your Papi ?!

; )

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
PC1, very good points, well taken. I think in my last two comments I was speaking more on behalf of myself when referring to yankee fans as a whole. I'm very sure that both sides have an equal number of a-holes always looking to outdue themselves.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
as a diehard cubs fan I can see the Yankees/RedSox rivalry in sort of a 3rd party light... most yankee fans I've ever met around here are bandwagoneers; any i talk to, see on tv, or just overhear in person that are diehard yankee fans are 90% of the time assholes.... they make so much noise and crap at yankee stadium; players from all teams complain about it... so much **** talking its ridiculous..

you know the fans started throwing crap on the field after the umpires called gayrod out because of obvious interference? that one play right there showed me exactly what the yankees organization and most of their fans are all about; win at all costs, spend 2x more money than anyone else on your payroll, lie, cheat, steal, it doesnt matter... they feel that the yankees are the best team ever and that anyone else is 2nd class including that team's fans... horrible attitude

thats what they come across to me as... i have never gotten that kind of attitude from a redsox fan EVER... i feel that redsox fans are my brothers since they resemble the cubs in many ways. I can understand sox fans rubbing this one in the yankee fans' noses because they have had the same treatment for 20-30 years.
This post is not directed at any of the yankee fans in this forum, you guys have been very respectful and recognized when you got beat :) I feel the Cardinals will win the Series but I really hope the Sox do it; because its the Cubs turn next year if they can get their middle relief and mediocre batting in order (get sosa to do the job he's paid for!)

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Although I am a yankee fan, I say good for the red sox :) enjoy its your time!!!!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
as a diehard cubs fan I can see the Yankees/RedSox rivalry in sort of a 3rd party light... most yankee fans I've ever met around here are bandwagoneers; any i talk to, see on tv, or just overhear in person that are diehard yankee fans are 90% of the time assholes.... they make so much noise and crap at yankee stadium; players from all teams complain about it... so much **** talking its ridiculous..

you know the fans started throwing crap on the field after the umpires called gayrod out because of obvious interference? that one play right there showed me exactly what the yankees organization and most of their fans are all about; win at all costs, spend 2x more money than anyone else on your payroll, lie, cheat, steal, it doesnt matter... they feel that the yankees are the best team ever and that anyone else is 2nd class including that team's fans... horrible attitude

thats what they come across to me as... i have never gotten that kind of attitude from a redsox fan EVER... i feel that redsox fans are my brothers since they resemble the cubs in many ways. I can understand sox fans rubbing this one in the yankee fans' noses because they have had the same treatment for 20-30 years.
This post is not directed at any of the yankee fans in this forum, you guys have been very respectful and recognized when you got beat :) I feel the Cardinals will win the Series but I really hope the Sox do it; because its the Cubs turn next year if they can get their middle relief and mediocre batting in order (get sosa to do the job he's paid for!)
OK yup you just hit the nail on the head. The Yankees fans on this board have been great. The Yankees fans I've come in contact with and seen on TV are exactly how you describe. I was thinking about the victory so much I had forgotten about the crap being thrown on the field. Good points!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now who's a good sport?
Don't beat yourself up B5105,There are a great franchise and will rebuild.They are already mentioning Randy Johnson and Carlos Beltran..OMG

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't beat yourself up B5105,There are a great franchise and will rebuild.They are already mentioning Randy Johnson and Carlos Beltran..OMG
Your a gentleman. :thumbsup:

Please know that I am secure in my fanship of the Yankees and who they are ;), we can buy anyone :rasp: :rofl: :run:

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your a gentleman. :thumbsup:

Please know that I am secure in my fanship of the Yankees and who they are ;), we can buy anyone :rasp: :rofl: :run:

Thanx man...let me ask you as a baseball fan,what do you think of our chances.I know ST.Louis had ther best record in baseball but they played alot of weaker teams.They seem to have an awsome line up and great defensive players,but I would give starting pitching and bullpen to the Sox..Terry frncona was a NL manager so when we get to St.louis he shouldn't be lost but Pedro at the plate, this should be funny.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanx man...let me ask you as a baseball fan,what do you think of our chances.I know ST.Louis had ther best record in baseball but they played alot of weaker teams.They seem to have an awsome line up and great defensive players,but I would give starting pitching and bullpen to the Sox..Terry frncona was a NL manager so when we get to St.louis he shouldn't be lost but Pedro at the plate, this should be funny.
I give the Red Sox the edge. Yes, they played weaker teams, and the Sox just got done sweeping the Yankees. Then again...I could be wrong.