Jeremy Shockey and the Saints Scandal

Do you believe Warren Sapp when he says Jeremy Schockey is a SNITCH??

• Yes - He's a standup guy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - He's full of crap and his breath stinks

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Background: Saint's BUSTED for posting "bounties" to put opposing players on the sidelines. NFL Commish plays hardball and throws down the harshest penalty ever. Sean Payton, head coach of the Saints - SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY FOR A YEAR. Saint's get NO second round draft pick ... not this year and NOT NEXT YEAR. $500,000 penalty for the organization.

Now the search for the snitch who ratted them out to the NFL ... and along comes Warren Sapp, former Saints player and now an NFL Network Analyst who says ... JEREMY SHOCKEY IS THE SNITCH!

Shockey - OUTRAGED! Denies allegations - calls Sapp a liar ... says he (Shockey) was an offensive player and this was a defensive scandal - so how could he be involved. Sapp stands behind allegations - says his source is iron-clad on this. Sean Payton, the suspended coach of the Saints tweets Shockey to tell him that he believes Shockey is innocent of the "snitch charge" as HUNDREDS of Saints fans burn their "SHOCKEY" Saints Jerseys.

Take the vote and discuss these developments. Penalty too harsh? Not harsh enough? Is Warren Sapp a Savior or a Wretched Liar?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The penalty is as it should be. Honestly, I was expecting something a bit harsher given the commish's stance on other NFL problems in the past. Say what you want, but Goodell is consistent.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't says since I am a die hard saints fan.....fml

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
The penalty is as it should be. Honestly, I was expecting something a bit harsher given the commish's stance on other NFL problems in the past. Say what you want, but Goodell is consistent.
I agree ... I think the penalty was appropriate for an activity he wants to nip in the bud before it becomes too widespread.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saints is fcked

Why hasn't rams fired Greg Williams ?

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I think they need to suck it up. Who gives a damn about bounties. You got extra because you went and knocked the shít outta someone. That's what football is. It's a mean game. It's war. The penalty is harsh, but yes, he is consistent.

I'm a LA (The state) guy, so you all may think I'm biased, I would be saying the same thing of the falcons or bucks got busted for the same problem. I don't agree with it. I think that playing smash mouth football is just that, and if you just so happen to knock the living fock out of someone, good, as a defensive player that's what you are paid to do. Everyone wants to hurt someone. That's why you play. You play, as a defensive player, hoping that when you hit someone, they aren't gonna get up. I look at it as just a little extra motivation.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure the other teams agenda is to knock other teams star players out as well .. But to put a "$" on it is wrong or betting on who will be the 1st person to take out a person.

Look at peyton's injury, what if that was caused by Greg Williams (when Peyton injured it against redskins and Greg was a defensive coord. There) I'm all about smash hardcore football but to put a price on injuring someone is wrong

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I'm sure the other teams agenda is to knock other teams star players out as well .. But to put a "$" on it is wrong or betting on who will be the 1st person to take out a person.

Look at peyton's injury, what if that was caused by Greg Williams (when Peyton injured it against redskins and Greg was a defensive coord. There) I'm all about smash hardcore football but to put a price on injuring someone is wrong
Do you believe in bonuses for doing your job right? Most people do.

As a pro player, your job is to knock the shít out of someone every play. That's what they did.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you believe in bonuses for doing your job right? Most people do.

As a pro player, your job is to knock the shít out of someone every play. That's what they did.
You Kidding right ?
Ofcourse there should be bonuses .. Ie)

Start of the season in contract atleast
Brady throws for 5k yards
If your player gets 100+ tackles or what

Most of these big name players have bonuses

A weekly bounty bonus ?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Penalty was way too harsh. There is a big difference between hurting someone and injuring someone. The other thing is they didn't do any illegal hits. It was clean hits from whistle to whistle. Suh gets two games for stomping on someone after the whistle blows, what a joke.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
You Kidding right ?
Ofcourse there should be bonuses .. Ie)

Start of the season in contract atleast
Brady throws for 5k yards
If your player gets 100+ tackles or what

Most of these big name players have bonuses

A weekly bounty bonus ?
What was the bonus? One stack? They roll a cigar with that...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Penalty was way too harsh. There is a big difference between hurting someone and injuring someone. The other thing is they didn't do any illegal hits. It was clean hits from whistle to whistle. Suh gets two games for stomping on someone after the whistle blows, what a joke.
Doesn't matter if it was legal or not. The fact was they were betting on a game that they played. Instead of going out there and playing the game they love, they had to start a wager on who could hurt who with thousands of dollars on the line. If you throw the money aspect out of the equation the penalties leveled against them would be non-existent. In the grand scheme of things it was light.
Be thankful they got off as good as they did. Sanctions against gambling on your own game AND player safety are two of the biggest things concerning the NFL today. New Orleans violated both of them.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ItS not about $$$ .. I'm sure when a player makes $7mil a year , he doesn't need a $2k bounty bonus

It's about what's right and wrong .. For a coach to put that stuff in the players head just doesn't sound right , ESP when these players respect the coaches so much

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
ItS not about $$$ .. I'm sure when a player makes $7mil a year , he doesn't need a $2k bounty bonus

It's about what's right and wrong .. For a coach to put that stuff in the players head just doesn't sound right , ESP when these players respect the coaches so much
It's all about the money. The money has everything to do with it..

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
It's not gambling. It's incentive to knock someone out of the game which I dont agree with. If you ever played ball they tell you every time you hit someone make it hurt. Not injure but hurt.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
It's not gambling. It's incentive to knock someone out of the game which I dont agree with. If you ever played ball they tell you every time you hit someone make it hurt. Not injure but hurt.
They used to tell out linemen you break a leg when you chop block and you get a prize. Less conditioning or something. It's war.

jcatanese985

jcatanese985

Awards
  • Established
To the OP Warren Sapp never played for the Saints