2012 College Football season

Page 7 of 11 First ... 256789 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Great game by A&M. Bama is better than that. But hey, any game can go either way on any given day. Ill take the ugly BC win tonight in stride. We need to keep control of the ball though. 3 turnovers last week and 2 this week. thats not admirable when you are #3. But hats off to #5. He will be missed. Te'o for heisman! To the haters.....

Suck it

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk
    Great game by A&M. Bama is better than that. But hey, any game can go either way on any given day. Ill take the ugly BC win tonight in stride. We need to keep control of the ball though. 3 turnovers last week and 2 this week. thats not admirable when you are #3. But hats off to #5. He will be missed. Te'o for heisman! To the haters.....

Suck it
    couldnt agree more and Te'o is a beast
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

What can i say, A&M brought it..bama made to many mistakes and still could have won the game...it does show some evidence of a beast the next 2 years at least.

Yeldon is not as comfortable with the ball as I thought. He is raw though and needs more carries...2 fumbles in 2 games is unacceptable on a Saban coached team.

I am still trying to figure out how we only ran it once from the 6??? Amazing!!!

I cannot say that we didn't deserve a win because I already knew that A&M would score points...I told my buddy in Michigan, first game this year, we COULD lose either to LSU or A&M...wish I was wrong.

We need a couple of shoes to fall just right to get back in, but, if not then oh well. I'll take KState vs ND before I take Oregon vs anybody...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

Still living it up here in Texas! Whoop!!

Count me as a hater...I cant stand ND. They will blow it by the end of the season to USC.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    Still living it up here in Texas! Whoop!!

Count me as a hater...I cant stand ND. They will blow it by the end of the season to USC.
    Very possible...but I hope not. We have had our toughest test at Oklahoma. Our hopes rest with which ND squad shows up. Im happy either way. This season is already way ahead of what ANY ND fan predicted, or anyone for that matter. Ill take 11-1 all day. We gotta game before that to win though. No looking ahead. Kelly knows that defense wins championships. But I believe defense has taken a backseat in much of college football. 60-70 pts by 2 teams is rediculous. Its like they have completely forgotten about that. There are only 4-5 teams that have an elite defense.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Most people do hate us. But nobody can say we are a joke this year. Winning is winning. But all the hating will never go away. Doesnt matter what we do or how we do it. It always gets worse when we excel. Any school would have an NBC contract if offered. It would be stupid moneywise to do away with that. We are basically in a conference in the next few years by playing at least 5 ACC teams. So that conference argument now is moot. That actually helps our scheduling which people dont realize. Ill say this to part. Notre Dame puts butts in the seats. No matter win or lose. its not their fault that people will watch us hoping we lose as much as our fanbase watching for us to win. Haters can blame themselves for the machine that Notre Dame is. Its been going on since i started following them in 1990. I don't expect it to stop.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    Most people do hate us. But nobody can say we are a joke this year. Winning is winning. But all the hating will never go away. Doesnt matter what we do or how we do it. It always gets worse when we excel. Any school would have an NBC contract if offered. It would be stupid moneywise to do away with that. We are basically in a conference in the next few years by playing at least 5 ACC teams. So that conference argument now is moot. That actually helps our scheduling which people dont realize. Ill say this to part. Notre Dame puts butts in the seats. No matter win or lose. its not their fault that people will watch us hoping we lose as much as our fanbase watching for us to win. Haters can blame themselves for the machine that Notre Dame is. Its been going on since i started following them in 1990. I don't expect it to stop.
    Yes winning IS winning but come on; yall had 1 hard game on your schedule, maybe 2 if i count USC (the ACC is not a hard conference to play in and yall didnt even play Florida State or Clemson). I tried to find stats on the home game attendance records and ran across this beauty (need more posts to link). ND is behind A&M at #13. ND has gotten better but I'd like to see you play a harder schedule.

I just cant stand teams with mediocre schedule strength campaigning for a shot at the National Title. Even if they do make it be prepared for an @$$ whipping...

h t t p : / / web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/attendance/FBS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

How'd the Ducks do yesterday? I don't have cable.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Yes winning IS winning but come on; yall had 1 hard game on your schedule, maybe 2 if i count USC (the ACC is not a hard conference to play in and yall didnt even play Florida State or Clemson). I tried to find stats on the home game attendance records and ran across this beauty (need more posts to link). ND is behind A&M at #13. ND has gotten better but I'd like to see you play a harder schedule.

I just cant stand teams with mediocre schedule strength campaigning for a shot at the National Title. Even if they do make it be prepared for an @$$ whipping...

h t t p : / / web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/attendance/FBS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf
    Most teams that win a national title don't have the toughest schedules. Thats the same thing SEC fans say to defend playing Division 2 teams and teams like Towson, Troy, etc. You have to schedule to win a championship. An being in the top 20 of toughest schedules is not bad. Having the toughest in the land all but guarantees you won't go to the NC game. And why is it, that people just can't say that we have a really good team? It pains you guys so much. I have always given credit to teams that deserve it. I guess I will become what everyone else is. That would make things better. Hate every team for doing good. Then slam them when they win and say their schedules are mediocre. We have our issues, and thats a fact too. All teams do. Its hard to go the entire season undefeated. period.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

And nobody is campaigning for a NC shot. Let the chips fall where they may. Remember, we will go where we are supposed to go.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    Most teams that win a national title don't have the toughest schedules. Thats the same thing SEC fans say to defend playing Division 2 teams and teams like Towson, Troy, etc. You have to schedule to win a championship. An being in the top 20 of toughest schedules is not bad. Having the toughest in the land all but guarantees you won't go to the NC game. And why is it, that people just can't say that we have a really good team? It pains you guys so much. I have always given credit to teams that deserve it. I guess I will become what everyone else is. That would make things better. Hate every team for doing good. Then slam them when they win and say their schedules are mediocre. We have our issues, and thats a fact too. All teams do. Its hard to go the entire season undefeated. period.
    Since 1998 we have had the majority of teams in the NC game; the Big 12 and SEC have been dominating AND have the hardest schedules. ND has coasted along with 1 (maybe 2) decent wins against teams that weren't overrated going in to the year (Michigan & Michigan State). You want to impress us? Play Florida, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, K-State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas, etc and win >50% then we can talk. I think I am not the minority here and say I want to see a competitive/exciting National Championship game and I dont think ND will be able to handle Oregon or K-State.

I am sure A&M would love to play ND in a BCS Game.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    RTR.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk

Suck it
    Hey go irish buddy were #1
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.

What a night in college football
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty6890
    What a night in college football
    Worst year ever for heisman trophy nobody deserves.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scw538 View Post
    Worst year ever for heisman trophy nobody deserves.
    As much as I detest hearing "Johnny Football" (worst nickname ever, btw), there's no denying he deserves the Heisman as a freshman. Without that guy, A&M is a 5-6 team at best. He already owns nearly every offensive record in the nation's most defense-prioritized conference, and he beat the reigning (and eventual ) national champions at home. He's already mechanically better than both Tebow and Cam. Imo, there's no denying he's the best player in college football this season.

Now... time to destroy Auburn, get past Georgia to win the SEC, and end the Great Irish Dream in Miami.

ROLL TIDE, ROLL!!
    RTR.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    As much as I detest hearing "Johnny Football" (worst nickname ever, btw), there's no denying he deserves the Heisman as a freshman. Without that guy, A&M is a 5-6 team at best. He already owns nearly every offensive record in the nation's most defense-prioritized conference, and he beat the reigning (and eventual ) national champions at home. He's already mechanically better than both Tebow and Cam. Imo, there's no denying he's the best player in college football this season.

Now... time to destroy Auburn, get past Georgia to win the SEC, and end the Great Irish Dream in Miami.

ROLL TIDE, ROLL!!
    Johnny Manziel deserves it more than anyone out there in my slight bias opinion.

No no no; Bama and LSU lose this week sending A&M to Atlanta.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Johnny Manziel deserves it more than anyone out there in my slight bias opinion.
    If he does win, can we do away with the "Johnny Football" rubbish and just call him "Heismanziel?"

No no no; Bama and LSU lose this week sending A&M to Atlanta.
    Better hope Auburn's been saving their best for last. I can't see them scoring more than 14 points though.
    RTR.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I still can't believe that Oregon & K State lost! I also can't believe that ND is #1! We (Michigan) should have beaten them. We beat ourselves in that game. Personally, I think that if we used our current qb, instead of Denard, we would've beat the Irish... oh well.. I am happy to see Kelly winning. He started at a small college up in MI, & has been putting together winning programs everywhere he's been.
    BPS REP
    SEMPER FI!!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

If he does win, can we do away with the "Johnny Football" rubbish and just call him "Heismanziel?"

Better hope Auburn's been saving their best for last. I can't see them scoring more than 14 points though.
    Heismanziel is another great one and yeah I have to agree on the auburn game; they have been pretty terrible this year.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

What game besides bama was Johnny football great in. He was 11-31 against lsu defense. As bad as I hate to say it I think aj should win b/c his stats/wins . I think Johnny football is really really good but year besides 2012 would he win.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

What game besides bama was Johnny football great in.
    I'm gonna go with all of them.

He was 11-31 against lsu defense.
    He was 29 of 56 for 276 yds and had 3 INTs... 2 of which were deflected balls.

As bad as I hate to say it I think aj should win b/c his stats/wins . I think Johnny football is really really good but year besides 2012 would he win.
    Dude, I love me some A.J., but he's #7 in passing yds... in the SEC. Manziel also has a higher completion rate than McCarron. Aaron Murray has more passing yds and a higher QB rating than A.J. I didn't even look at national stats.

Can't win a Heisman when you rarely play past the first series of the 3rd-qtr. I'll take the latter over the former though. The Heisman is just a popularity contest. Matt Barkley had it won before the season started, and now the media doesn't know who to slob off.

Only one trophy matters...

bcs-saban-getty-600x450.jpeg
    RTR.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

I'm gonna go with all of them.

He was 29 of 56 for 276 yds and had 3 INTs... 2 of which were deflected balls.

Dude, I love me some A.J., but he's #7 in passing yds... in the SEC. Manziel also has a higher completion rate than McCarron. Aaron Murray has more passing yds and a higher QB rating than A.J. I didn't even look at national stats.

Can't win a Heisman when you rarely play past the first series of the 3rd-qtr. I'll take the latter over the former though. The Heisman is just a popularity contest. Matt Barkley had it won before the season started, and now the media doesn't know who to slob off.

Only one trophy matters...
    What he said...
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Look up the stats I was wrong. Still only good game out of top 3 (lsu,bama,florida) he faced was bama.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced
    I still can't believe that Oregon & K State lost! I also can't believe that ND is #1! We (Michigan) should have beaten them. We beat ourselves in that game. Personally, I think that if we used our current qb, instead of Denard, we would've beat the Irish... oh well.. I am happy to see Kelly winning. He started at a small college up in MI, & has been putting together winning programs everywhere he's been.
    Grand Valley State

Recruited one of my good friends, said he choose GVSU over D1 programs bc he thought Kelly was an awesome guy. Then Kelly jump'd ship for CMU lol. Don't blame him though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Grand Valley State

Recruited one of my good friends, said he choose GVSU over D1 programs bc he thought Kelly was an awesome guy. Then Kelly jump'd ship for CMU lol. Don't blame him though.
    Where you from distilled? I was in central Michigan most my teenage years. CMU was a fun school to party at in high school!
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Detroit, went to Lansing Comm Coll for 2 years of ball. Lived out there for a while.

Straight shot from 96 to 127. Only bout 90min. I good ole days at CMU
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

Look up the stats I was wrong. Still only good game out of top 3 (lsu,bama,florida) he faced was bama.
    Hence why I didn't even bother with a reply...do us all a favor and do your homework first before you talk about why someone doesn't deserve something next time please.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift

Where you from distilled? I was in central Michigan most my teenage years. CMU was a fun school to party at in high school!
    All kinds of local MI brothers on here! I think I've partied at all of the colleges around there, including Ferris State & Eastern. Good times... I even had an unpaid parking ticket from East Lansing from 1990. Lol. Seems like all of my old hs buddies spread out through the state.
    BPS REP
    SEMPER FI!!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie

Hence why I didn't even bother with a reply...do us all a favor and do your homework first before you talk about why someone doesn't deserve something next time please.
    I think I got confused with Murray against Florida. I think Johnny will win in the most uncompetitive heisman in rececent memory. Trust me I rather him win it than the lb from Notre dame. But congrats on a great first year in sec. Future is bright with that Johnny football at qb. He is a once in a lifetime qb.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. 2009 College Football Season
    By OldGator in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2751
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
  3. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk