Donovan to TO!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Board Supporter

packers O-line...unstoppable...against supposedly the best D-line in football...carolina who???

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    Much hype about TO and Moss! Watch out for the little guy from "Nova he will be Faulk east if he stays healthy.
    Exactly.

He is so damn good.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by weeenisss
    packers O-line...unstoppable...against supposedly the best D-line in football...carolina who???
    Brian Dawkins.

Nuff said
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Superman

Westbrook looked really good in the game. I think its going to be a great game...does anyone know the status of Michael Bennett...Is he going to be back for the game?
  5. I know nothing...

He's gonna miss couple more games
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Eagles 26 Vikings 21.

1. Moss ain't better than T.O.
    2. The Vikings won't even win the North
    3. 49ers in 2006-according to GM Terry Donahue LOL
    4. T.O. is a badass, but I he's still a punk IMO
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Your defense tends to slack off when your dominating someone. The problem is the front four is pretty damn good now and the linebackers are fast as hell. Its their corners that are vulnerable so they scheme to protect them and that usually ends up with a soft cushion in the run game when you get past the front four.

They need to gain confidence with their corners and that just takes time. If you look at teh Giants game they didn't blitz much at all compared to past years and thats because of ther weakness at corner.
    I honestly think the Eagles only have a good front four. They signed Jeramia Trotter from Washington who ISN'T FAST and the rest of there linebackers are just solid. Let's not forget that Tiki Barber racked up great numbers and looked like he was 22 yrs old. Not to mention that the Giants have a weak offensive line. My point is that once you get by the Eagles front four, they show a weakness.
  8. Superman

Damn I was hoping he would be back for the Eagles game.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    I honestly think the Eagles only have a good front four. They signed Jeramia Trotter from Washington who ISN'T FAST and the rest of there linebackers are just solid. Let's not forget that Tiki Barber racked up great numbers and looked like he was 22 yrs old. Not to mention that the Giants have a weak offensive line. My point is that once you get by the Eagles front four, they show a weakness.
    Trotter was bad in washington because he forced to a play a system which is not good in (nor was anyone else). Put him in Jim Johnsons scheme and he's a pro bowler like he was 3 years ago. He is an attacking linebacker, not an east to west guy. Jim Johnsone doens't rely on linebackers either and that has been evident over the past 5 years and tehy still have been one of the best in the league. They haven't been beat because of defense, they have been beat because they had no wide receivers.

The rest of their linebackers (Jones and Simoneau) are VERY fast.

Tiki barber racked up so many yards because they were playing soft zones because they were up so much. The majority of his yards were garbage yards when the game was over.

10. Registered User

Trotter was bad in washington because he forced to a play a system which is not good in (nor was anyone else). Put him in Jim Johnsons scheme and he's a pro bowler like he was 3 years ago. He is an attacking linebacker, not an east to west guy. Jim Johnsone doens't rely on linebackers either and that has been evident over the past 5 years and tehy still have been one of the best in the league. They haven't been beat because of defense, they have been beat because they had no wide receivers.

The rest of their linebackers (Jones and Simoneau) are VERY fast.

Tiki barber racked up so many yards because they were playing soft zones because they were up so much. The majority of his yards were garbage yards when the game was over.
    You give them way too much credit. The Giants have Kirt Warner as a quarterback, and a weak offensive line. Kirt Warner can't throw to any receivers so who does that leave as a weapon? Only Tiki Barber. So the Eagles only have to stop Tiki Barber, and did they do it? Not very well, I think it was around 172 all purpose yds and a touchdown?
  11. Registered User

72 of his 125 yards came from that play with 2mins left in the game. The game was well over and again what is called garbage time. 50 yards for most of the game was nothing. They did a fine job in that regard and bottom line is they can give up the yards but they tighten up when it counts and the D doesnt give up the points.
  12. Superman

Ya he got a big chunk of yards on that long run at the end of the game.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

You give them way too much credit. The Giants have Kirt Warner as a quarterback, and a weak offensive line. Kirt Warner can't throw to any receivers so who does that leave as a weapon? Only Tiki Barber. So the Eagles only have to stop Tiki Barber, and did they do it? Not very well, I think it was around 172 all purpose yds and a touchdown?
    Did you even watch the game? It sounds like you didn't. Warner actually had a decent amount of time to throw because they did't blitz much at all. They sat back.

Doens't have anyone to throw too? Yeah, Shockey, Toomer and Hillard are all awful players.

Unbelievable...

14. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor

Did you even watch the game? It sounds like you didn't. Warner actually had a decent amount of time to throw because they did't blitz much at all. They sat back.

Doens't have anyone to throw too? Yeah, Shockey, Toomer and Hillard are all awful players.

Unbelievable...
    I will tell you whats pissing me off. I am a hardcore giants fan and the last two years the giants receivers have acted as if they don't even want to be there anymore. I think they are getting frustrated. Toomer and Shockey both dropped passes that could have been touchdowns and it was obvious it was lack of concentration. Toomer is an OUTSTANDING receiver and shouldn't be dropping passes like that. They never even throw to Hilliard which is a mistake. Hilliard was badass with UF and he is badass now and they definitely don't utilize him. I think they need to stop worrying so much about ron dayne.. keep barber in uhe backfield... get a damn offensive line that can do something, fire whoever it is that is coaching those cornerbacks (haha), and throw more to the core receivers.. barber can run out of the backfield by himself just fine.
  15. Superman

Ya Shockey should spend more time practicing catching than running his mouth.
  16. Registered User

Unbelievable...
    My original point was that I didn't think the Eagles defense was as good as it was due to the loss of secondary players. The Giants have weapons on offense, but if you remember that they had the same weapons last year and they also finished with a terrible record last year. And AGAIN, the Giants front line is very vunerable due to rookies. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't get all hyped up about beating the Giants. The true test for the Eagles D is coming up this Monday.
  17. Registered User

Unbelievable...
    Oh yeah, and I didn't say Kirt Warner didn't have any weapons. I said that Kirt Warner can't throw to any of them because he sucks.
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

My original point was that I didn't think the Eagles defense was as good as it was due to the loss of secondary players. The Giants have weapons on offense, but if you remember that they had the same weapons last year and they also finished with a terrible record last year. And AGAIN, the Giants front line is very vunerable due to rookies. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't get all hyped up about beating the Giants. The true test for the Eagles D is coming up this Monday.
    Oh god...

I get hyped up because my team won. I also get hyped up because the giants ALWAYS play the eagles tough no matter who sucks. Dominating anyone like they did against any team in the NFL says something.

I am going to guess you are a "glass is half empty" guy...

And you are right about having the same weapons and same type of personnel last year.....and the Eagles barely beat them twice. So I would say the Eagles have improved a great deal. If you can't see that, you are Blind D, not Big D.

19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Oh yeah, and I didn't say Kirt Warner didn't have any weapons. I said that Kirt Warner can't throw to any of them because he sucks.

It wasn't Kurt Warner who dropped passes in the game. Do you have anymore excuses?

20. Registered User

Oh god...

I get hyped up because my team won. I also get hyped up because the giants ALWAYS play the eagles tough no matter who sucks. Dominating anyone like they did against any team in the NFL says something.

I am going to guess you are a "glass is half empty" guy...

And you are right about having the same weapons and same type of personnel last year.....and the Eagles barely beat them twice. So I would say the Eagles have improved a great deal. If you can't see that, you are Blind D, not Big D.
    I don't give a **** about either team. AGAIN I just said that the Eagles front four is their strength and that I wasn't impressed with their secondary. Yes they dominated an offensively terrible team. HOOOORAAAAAHHHH!!! I said they improved on offense a great deal. If Barber hadn't fumbled in the redzone it would be 31-24. A Much closer game. Yes he did fumble who cares. Stop straying of my points!

Yes you should be hyped up because your team won. THAT'S WHAT FOOTBALL SEASONS ABOUT! But AGAIN, all I said was don't get excited about the ****ing Giants!
  21. Registered User

It wasn't Kurt Warner who dropped passes in the game. Do you have anymore excuses?
    I DIDN'T MAKE EXUSES, I SAID THE GIANTS SUCK!!!
  22. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I don't give a **** about either team. AGAIN I just said that the Eagles front four is their strength and that I wasn't impressed with their secondary. Yes they dominated an offensively terrible team. HOOOORAAAAAHHHH!!! I said they improved on offense a great deal. If Barber hadn't fumbled in the redzone it would be 31-24. A Much closer game. Yes he did fumble who cares. Stop straying of my points!

Yes you should be hyped up because your team won. THAT'S WHAT FOOTBALL SEASONS ABOUT! But AGAIN, all I said was don't get excited about the ****ing Giants.

If you have valid points then I would listen but up to this point you havnen't at all.

I will get excited about the "****ing" giants because its a ***** and they domainted a team. They usually DON'T do that. If you acutally watched every game you would know that but obvisouly you don't. You keep saying Barber ran up and down the field but THEY WERE PLAYING SOFT ZONES AGAINST THE PASS BECAUSE THEY WERE DOMINATING!!!!!!

How the hell would you be impressed by a secondary that are playing off receivers. You do know they actually follow a scheme right?!?!?!

The secondary they have now started half the season last year because Taylor and Voncent were hurt. They did a pretty good job. Check the stats pal....

If you are going to make comments on a team at least know WTF you are talking about.

23. Registered User

If you have valid points then I would listen but up to this point you havnen't at all.

I will get excited about the "****ing" giants because its a ***** and they domainted a team. They usually DON'T do that. If you acutally watched every game you would know that but obvisouly you don't. You keep saying Barber ran up and down the field but THEY WERE PLAYING SOFT ZONES AGAINST THE PASS BECAUSE THEY WERE DOMINATING!!!!!!

How the hell would you be impressed by a secondary that are playing off receivers. You do know they actually follow a scheme right?!?!?!

The secondary they have now started half the season last year because Taylor and Voncent were hurt. They did a pretty good job. Check the stats pal....

If you are going to make comments on a team at least know WTF you are talking about.
    Your points have been dancing around mine. I'm sorry you can't face a point directed at your team because your obviously an over obsessed fan.

As far as the Eagles go, you and I have only seen one game this season. That means we'll both just wait and see what happens later.

I've agreed on strengths of the Eagles and just pointed out what I thought I observed. Basically you can't even see anybody elses points or opinions so I'll be sure not to engage in a worthless conversation with you.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Your points have been dancing around mine. I'm sorry you can't face a point directed at your team because your obviously an over obsessed fan.
    Dancing around? Waht are you smoking?

You point is the Giants suck.

If explaining why Tiki Barber has so many yards in the 4th quarter in a game they were getting dominated is dancing around your "giants suck" point, then I'm guilty along with 2 other people that told you the same thing.

At least I'm not delirious...

25. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I've agreed on strengths of the Eagles and just pointed out what I thought I observed. Basically you can't even see anybody elses points or opinions so I'll be sure not to engage in a worthless conversation with you.
    Yeah you bring a lot to the table Blind D.

The giants suck. Waht a stimulating conversation. Oh and I forgot, the eagles have a weak secondary. Another revelation.

You are living up to the stereotype.....

26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

If explaining why Tiki Barber has so many yards in the 4th quarter in a game they were getting dominated is dancing around your "giants suck" point, then I'm guilty along with 2 other people that told you the same thing.

At least I'm not delirious...
    LOL very true, anyone who has played football and has been on the positive side of a 31-10 lead in the 4th quarter has a tendancy to just rush the passer and give the other all the rushing yards it wants because it eats up the clock. That's what my coaches told me to when I played D-line
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Call me crazy, and not to add fuel to the fire, but if they were playing a zone, how does that make it any more difficult on them to stop the run? They get to a spot all while watching whats going on in the back field instead of staying on a receiver. I don't know. To me that means it would be easier to stop the run. The Bucs play 2 deep basically the entire game and they've had a pretty decent run d these past few years. Or maybe I'm an idiot. I always played offense in football.
  28. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Its a soft zone. The linebackers first option is to drop back and cover anything 5-10 yards deep.

YOu can play a cover 2 with attacking linebackers. The bucs playre more a read and react. The eagles were bascially dropping theri linebcakers at the snap to cover mid range routes.

Eagles weren't attacking at all. If anyone has watched them the past 5 years you would see how much they blitz. They hardly blitzed at all. The corneres weren't jamming the receivers at all and the safeties were playing prevent the entire 2nd half.

29. Registered User

Anybody who's ever played linebacker knows that your first assignment is to read the play (Pass or run). You are assigned a particular cover D-fense that determines what gap to cover (for run plays) and then what zone, like curl or flats (for pass plays) To drop a linebacker into a pass zone instead of even trying to read in case of a run is plain stupidity. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. The only way it does is if the offense does a draw play and disgueses it as a pass.
  30. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

And that particular cover D zone was 5-10 yards back pal.....The reaction time is greatly increased to respons to a run because they AREN"T PLAYING THE RUN!

I suggest you actually watch the game and see where the linebcakcers were postioned. They we very far OFF the line.

Plain stupidity? Tell that to the Bucs. They were famous for it. Jim Johnson also does all the time and blitz corners and safeties more than anytone in the league while droppgin linebackers. They did this everytime last year BECAUSE of Shockey.

At least know WTF you are talking about. Oh I forgot, you are the ultimate archair general.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jball's journey to to 10% BF
    By jball63 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 05:27 PM
  2. Ripotropin ...Want to to hear feedback from user
    By oldbuffone in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 04:53 PM
  3. Always have to to use db :(
    By tobejb in forum Training Forum