Donovan to TO!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    FiGMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    148
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    93.3%

    72 of his 125 yards came from that play with 2mins left in the game. The game was well over and again what is called garbage time. 50 yards for most of the game was nothing. They did a fine job in that regard and bottom line is they can give up the yards but they tighten up when it counts and the D doesnt give up the points.

  2. Superman
    Manu20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,076
    Rep Power
    2177
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    52.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ya he got a big chunk of yards on that long run at the end of the game.
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    You give them way too much credit. The Giants have Kirt Warner as a quarterback, and a weak offensive line. Kirt Warner can't throw to any receivers so who does that leave as a weapon? Only Tiki Barber. So the Eagles only have to stop Tiki Barber, and did they do it? Not very well, I think it was around 172 all purpose yds and a touchdown?
    Did you even watch the game? It sounds like you didn't. Warner actually had a decent amount of time to throw because they did't blitz much at all. They sat back.

    Doens't have anyone to throw too? Yeah, Shockey, Toomer and Hillard are all awful players.

    Unbelievable...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       

  4. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Did you even watch the game? It sounds like you didn't. Warner actually had a decent amount of time to throw because they did't blitz much at all. They sat back.

    Doens't have anyone to throw too? Yeah, Shockey, Toomer and Hillard are all awful players.

    Unbelievable...
    I will tell you whats pissing me off. I am a hardcore giants fan and the last two years the giants receivers have acted as if they don't even want to be there anymore. I think they are getting frustrated. Toomer and Shockey both dropped passes that could have been touchdowns and it was obvious it was lack of concentration. Toomer is an OUTSTANDING receiver and shouldn't be dropping passes like that. They never even throw to Hilliard which is a mistake. Hilliard was badass with UF and he is badass now and they definitely don't utilize him. I think they need to stop worrying so much about ron dayne.. keep barber in uhe backfield... get a damn offensive line that can do something, fire whoever it is that is coaching those cornerbacks (haha), and throw more to the core receivers.. barber can run out of the backfield by himself just fine.
  5. Superman
    Manu20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,076
    Rep Power
    2177
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    52.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ya Shockey should spend more time practicing catching than running his mouth.
  6. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Did you even watch the game? It sounds like you didn't. Warner actually had a decent amount of time to throw because they did't blitz much at all. They sat back.

    Doens't have anyone to throw too? Yeah, Shockey, Toomer and Hillard are all awful players.

    Unbelievable...
    My original point was that I didn't think the Eagles defense was as good as it was due to the loss of secondary players. The Giants have weapons on offense, but if you remember that they had the same weapons last year and they also finished with a terrible record last year. And AGAIN, the Giants front line is very vunerable due to rookies. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't get all hyped up about beating the Giants. The true test for the Eagles D is coming up this Monday.
  7. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Did you even watch the game? It sounds like you didn't. Warner actually had a decent amount of time to throw because they did't blitz much at all. They sat back.

    Doens't have anyone to throw too? Yeah, Shockey, Toomer and Hillard are all awful players.

    Unbelievable...
    Oh yeah, and I didn't say Kirt Warner didn't have any weapons. I said that Kirt Warner can't throw to any of them because he sucks.
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    My original point was that I didn't think the Eagles defense was as good as it was due to the loss of secondary players. The Giants have weapons on offense, but if you remember that they had the same weapons last year and they also finished with a terrible record last year. And AGAIN, the Giants front line is very vunerable due to rookies. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't get all hyped up about beating the Giants. The true test for the Eagles D is coming up this Monday.
    Oh god...


    I get hyped up because my team won. I also get hyped up because the giants ALWAYS play the eagles tough no matter who sucks. Dominating anyone like they did against any team in the NFL says something.


    I am going to guess you are a "glass is half empty" guy...


    And you are right about having the same weapons and same type of personnel last year.....and the Eagles barely beat them twice. So I would say the Eagles have improved a great deal. If you can't see that, you are Blind D, not Big D.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Oh yeah, and I didn't say Kirt Warner didn't have any weapons. I said that Kirt Warner can't throw to any of them because he sucks.

    It wasn't Kurt Warner who dropped passes in the game. Do you have anymore excuses?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Oh god...


    I get hyped up because my team won. I also get hyped up because the giants ALWAYS play the eagles tough no matter who sucks. Dominating anyone like they did against any team in the NFL says something.


    I am going to guess you are a "glass is half empty" guy...


    And you are right about having the same weapons and same type of personnel last year.....and the Eagles barely beat them twice. So I would say the Eagles have improved a great deal. If you can't see that, you are Blind D, not Big D.
    I don't give a **** about either team. AGAIN I just said that the Eagles front four is their strength and that I wasn't impressed with their secondary. Yes they dominated an offensively terrible team. HOOOORAAAAAHHHH!!! I said they improved on offense a great deal. If Barber hadn't fumbled in the redzone it would be 31-24. A Much closer game. Yes he did fumble who cares. Stop straying of my points!

    Yes you should be hyped up because your team won. THAT'S WHAT FOOTBALL SEASONS ABOUT! But AGAIN, all I said was don't get excited about the ****ing Giants!
  11. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    It wasn't Kurt Warner who dropped passes in the game. Do you have anymore excuses?
    I DIDN'T MAKE EXUSES, I SAID THE GIANTS SUCK!!!
  12. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    I don't give a **** about either team. AGAIN I just said that the Eagles front four is their strength and that I wasn't impressed with their secondary. Yes they dominated an offensively terrible team. HOOOORAAAAAHHHH!!! I said they improved on offense a great deal. If Barber hadn't fumbled in the redzone it would be 31-24. A Much closer game. Yes he did fumble who cares. Stop straying of my points!

    Yes you should be hyped up because your team won. THAT'S WHAT FOOTBALL SEASONS ABOUT! But AGAIN, all I said was don't get excited about the ****ing Giants.

    If you have valid points then I would listen but up to this point you havnen't at all.


    I will get excited about the "****ing" giants because its a rival and they domainted a team. They usually DON'T do that. If you acutally watched every game you would know that but obvisouly you don't. You keep saying Barber ran up and down the field but THEY WERE PLAYING SOFT ZONES AGAINST THE PASS BECAUSE THEY WERE DOMINATING!!!!!!

    How the hell would you be impressed by a secondary that are playing off receivers. You do know they actually follow a scheme right?!?!?!

    The secondary they have now started half the season last year because Taylor and Voncent were hurt. They did a pretty good job. Check the stats pal....

    If you are going to make comments on a team at least know WTF you are talking about.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  13. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    If you have valid points then I would listen but up to this point you havnen't at all.


    I will get excited about the "****ing" giants because its a rival and they domainted a team. They usually DON'T do that. If you acutally watched every game you would know that but obvisouly you don't. You keep saying Barber ran up and down the field but THEY WERE PLAYING SOFT ZONES AGAINST THE PASS BECAUSE THEY WERE DOMINATING!!!!!!

    How the hell would you be impressed by a secondary that are playing off receivers. You do know they actually follow a scheme right?!?!?!

    The secondary they have now started half the season last year because Taylor and Voncent were hurt. They did a pretty good job. Check the stats pal....

    If you are going to make comments on a team at least know WTF you are talking about.
    Your points have been dancing around mine. I'm sorry you can't face a point directed at your team because your obviously an over obsessed fan.

    As far as the Eagles go, you and I have only seen one game this season. That means we'll both just wait and see what happens later.

    I've agreed on strengths of the Eagles and just pointed out what I thought I observed. Basically you can't even see anybody elses points or opinions so I'll be sure not to engage in a worthless conversation with you.
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Your points have been dancing around mine. I'm sorry you can't face a point directed at your team because your obviously an over obsessed fan.
    Dancing around? Waht are you smoking?



    You point is the Giants suck.

    If explaining why Tiki Barber has so many yards in the 4th quarter in a game they were getting dominated is dancing around your "giants suck" point, then I'm guilty along with 2 other people that told you the same thing.

    At least I'm not delirious...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D

    I've agreed on strengths of the Eagles and just pointed out what I thought I observed. Basically you can't even see anybody elses points or opinions so I'll be sure not to engage in a worthless conversation with you.
    Yeah you bring a lot to the table Blind D.


    The giants suck. Waht a stimulating conversation. Oh and I forgot, the eagles have a weak secondary. Another revelation.

    You are living up to the stereotype.....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  16. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo

    If explaining why Tiki Barber has so many yards in the 4th quarter in a game they were getting dominated is dancing around your "giants suck" point, then I'm guilty along with 2 other people that told you the same thing.

    At least I'm not delirious...
    LOL very true, anyone who has played football and has been on the positive side of a 31-10 lead in the 4th quarter has a tendancy to just rush the passer and give the other all the rushing yards it wants because it eats up the clock. That's what my coaches told me to when I played D-line
  17. New Member
    LuckyBoy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    274
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    11.75%

    Call me crazy, and not to add fuel to the fire, but if they were playing a zone, how does that make it any more difficult on them to stop the run? They get to a spot all while watching whats going on in the back field instead of staying on a receiver. I don't know. To me that means it would be easier to stop the run. The Bucs play 2 deep basically the entire game and they've had a pretty decent run d these past few years. Or maybe I'm an idiot. I always played offense in football.
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Its a soft zone. The linebackers first option is to drop back and cover anything 5-10 yards deep.

    YOu can play a cover 2 with attacking linebackers. The bucs playre more a read and react. The eagles were bascially dropping theri linebcakers at the snap to cover mid range routes.

    Eagles weren't attacking at all. If anyone has watched them the past 5 years you would see how much they blitz. They hardly blitzed at all. The corneres weren't jamming the receivers at all and the safeties were playing prevent the entire 2nd half.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  19. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Anybody who's ever played linebacker knows that your first assignment is to read the play (Pass or run). You are assigned a particular cover D-fense that determines what gap to cover (for run plays) and then what zone, like curl or flats (for pass plays) To drop a linebacker into a pass zone instead of even trying to read in case of a run is plain stupidity. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. The only way it does is if the offense does a draw play and disgueses it as a pass.
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    And that particular cover D zone was 5-10 yards back pal.....The reaction time is greatly increased to respons to a run because they AREN"T PLAYING THE RUN!

    I suggest you actually watch the game and see where the linebcakcers were postioned. They we very far OFF the line.

    Plain stupidity? Tell that to the Bucs. They were famous for it. Jim Johnson also does all the time and blitz corners and safeties more than anytone in the league while droppgin linebackers. They did this everytime last year BECAUSE of Shockey.


    At least know WTF you are talking about. Oh I forgot, you are the ultimate archair general.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  21. New Member
    Big D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    [QUOTE=Bobo]Its a soft zone. The linebackers first option is to drop back and cover anything 5-10 yards deep.
    QUOTE]

    Your statement is that they immediately drop back and go into pass defense. If your saying now that instead they stay 5-10 yards deep, then that is correct. I'm just replying to what you first said.
  22. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    That was the scheme they were playing. There weren't even concerned about the run at that point. They were up by more than 2 TD's. As soon as the ball snapped, they dropped. Why? Because they couldn't even get past the front 4 in the first half. If you watched the game, it was plain to see!!!! They bascially played variations of the prevent the whole time (drop coverage)
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  23. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    1413
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    31.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Damn Phillis
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  25. New Member
    murphman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    158
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.59%



    Eagles are the shizzle!
  26. New Member
    LuckyBoy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    274
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    11.75%

    Even tho I dont think it had much outcome on the game, that Owens touchdown was garbage, you have to admit that. Even if they did call it a catch (which they shouldnt have) his knee was down at the 1-2 yard line. Have to wonder what Tice was thinking not throwing the red flag on that one. Maybe he thought that a td was inevitable and he was just saving a few ticks on the clock? The Eagles D looked ridiculous tho. Very impressive.
  27. Board Supporter
    DieTrying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    12961
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    74.6%

    My boy Lito Sheppard did a damn nice job on Randy Moss! Jevon Kearse is pretty good too



    <<<<
  28. New Member
    murphman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    158
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBoy
    Even tho I dont think it had much outcome on the game, that Owens touchdown was garbage, you have to admit that. Even if they did call it a catch (which they shouldnt have) his knee was down at the 1-2 yard line. Have to wonder what Tice was thinking not throwing the red flag on that one. Maybe he thought that a td was inevitable and he was just saving a few ticks on the clock? The Eagles D looked ridiculous tho. Very impressive.
    Well, if you look at it again you will see that TO was hit a split-second before the ball got there. Granted it was really only noticable on slow-motion replay, but it did interfere with his ability to catch the ball.
  29. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    My prediction still holds strong. The eagles will not make the playoffs. Thank you. GO HAWKS!!!
    Sage
  30. New Member
    murphman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    158
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by sage
    My prediction still holds strong. The eagles will not make the playoffs. Thank you. GO HAWKS!!!
    Sage
    You must be kidding! Not make the playoffs?!! Care to put your money where your mouth is?
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by sage
    My prediction still holds strong. The eagles will not make the playoffs. Thank you. GO HAWKS!!!
    Sage
    And we still all believe you are smoking crack.


    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  32. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    hehe..... NFC playoff teams
    Seattle *
    Minnesota *
    New Orleans *
    Washington *
    Green Bay w
    Atlanta w

    *division winner
    w wild card

    Sage (hehe)
  33. Registered User
    EEmain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    568
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    72.18%

    Dude you need to seriously consider counseling along the lines of reality therapy

    if you think any, and I mean any of those teams will have a better record than the 'Birds.
  34. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Talking


    You better watchout this weekend Sage, the 49ers are gonna whup that ass like the old days

    All they need to do is hope Hasselback goes down and not shoot themselves in the foot for the third week in a row. 31-24 niners
  35. New Member
    LuckyBoy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    274
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    11.75%

    How can you say that New Orleans is gonna win the south without Deuce for 6 weeks? As long as Vick is healthy, ATL will run the table, no question.
  36. New Member
    murphman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    158
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by sage
    hehe..... NFC playoff teams
    Seattle *
    Minnesota *
    New Orleans *
    Washington *
    Green Bay w
    Atlanta w

    *division winner
    w wild card

    Sage (hehe)


    Washington.... division winner?!!
  37. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Another win.

    TO...leads league in TD receptions.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  38. New Member
    cobra1414's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    2.23%

    TO shares the lead with Moss.

    but whos counting
  39. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2190
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    47.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Another win.

    TO...leads league in TD receptions.

    Yes he does. TO is finally playing up to his potential and I'm glad he's doing it with the Eagles. So far so good Bobo damn we look good this year.
  40. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra1414
    TO shares the lead with Moss.

    but whos counting
    Eagles beat hte Vikings so TO wins the tie breaker...LOL
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Jball's journey to to 10% BF
    By jball63 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 07:27 PM
  2. Ripotropin ...Want to to hear feedback from user
    By oldbuffone in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 06:53 PM
  3. Always have to to use db :(
    By tobejb in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
  4. Cycle help. New to to this site. :)
    By Stucknmawayz in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 05:25 PM
  5. New to to AM
    By Pleonastic in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 12:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in