no haters please....what are your thoughts on the Texans upcoming season

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
we made some quality draft decisions and with free agency coming up, how do you think our roster will unfold?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
with the lockout not allowing organized team practicing with coaching, i think its going to be a challenge for the first part of the season since the team is switching to a 3-4. lockout should end this week or next week so that will help

texans have alot of quality rookies, but you cant always rely on rookies. now they are learning a whole new system in limited time. good thing for you is Peyton Manning is hurt and on the downside of his career.

lets see what they do in free agency before we make any assumptions. the big question mark is secondary

you have a rookie at corner (brandon harris), Kyle Wilson (who i could have done better than he did lol) a 7th round pick at SS and a scrub at FS.

lets see if the texans get a few established vets. if they do, and add another elite receiver opposite Andre, they will be a contender in the AFC South no question.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
with the lockout not allowing organized team practicing with coaching, i think its going to be a challenge for the first part of the season since the team is switching to a 3-4. lockout should end this week or next week so that will help

texans have alot of quality rookies, but you cant always rely on rookies. now they are learning a whole new system in limited time. good thing for you is Peyton Manning is hurt and on the downside of his career.

lets see what they do in free agency before we make any assumptions. the big question mark is secondary

you have a rookie at corner (brandon harris), Kyle Wilson (who i could have done better than he did lol) a 7th round pick at SS and a scrub at FS.

lets see if the texans get a few established vets. if they do, and add another elite receiver opposite Andre, they will be a contender in the AFC South no question.
as a steeler fan obviously ive become well versed in the 3-4 d. there will be growing pains going to that. it doesnt take much to upset the balance of that d. each guy or set of guys in the front 7 has a specific skill set. draft the wrong one or get the wrong guy in the wrong place and it can hurt badly. of cousre the lb's are crucial but even more so is a big fat as$ up on the line in the middle. he doesnt need to make tackles or get sacks but he must be virtually un-movable, require double teams all the time etc. in a generic way his job is to make enough of a mess of bodies up there that not a whole lot can happen inside the tackles, if he cant do that ur d is in trouble. of course theres more to it but that a quickie for ya

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
for sure. i think its pretty dumb that mario williams will be a LB. of course he will be pass rushing mostly, but you will drop him back to an extent. why would u drop back your best pass rusher. doesnt make sense

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
for sure. i think its pretty dumb that mario williams will be a LB. of course he will be pass rushing mostly, but you will drop him back to an extent. why would u drop back your best pass rusher. doesnt make sense
because thats the d scheme

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
scheme or not, i want my best pass rusher to be rushing every down.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
scheme or not, i want my best pass rusher to be rushing every down.
doesnt work that way with the 3-4. gotta remember its really a stuff the run d and force you to beat them in the air. hence why youll see the teams that run the 3-4 consistently in the upper tier of rush d. but dont worry your guy will get plenty of opportunity to rush with all the freakin blitz packages that go along with that scheme

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
oh trust me, hes not my guy, im a philly guy lol i just also write for some sports blogs (used to, now too busy) and i wrote about philly. if mario was on an established D with success blitzing and had vets on there who were halfway decent, i would understand it. but texans are trying to get to the playoffs, very little offseason to practice, all these rookies expecting to start on D, AND switching to a 3-4. its going to be hard, especially for the rookies, to understand Wade's blitzing scheme.

and there are 4-3 teams that are great against the run