NBA draft

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Triston Thompson at 4? I dont like this pick at all. Hes nothing they dont already have with JJ Hickson. They dont have any shooters now or anyone who can score other than Kyrie. At least drafting Valancnis could have given you a center for the future, and an element you didnt already have.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Not a fan of how that played out, in general. REALLY think Cleveland should've went w/ Williams first. Even if for trade-bait, later. I see him having more superstar power in the future.
    Me either especaially with this pick. Much rather have Williams and Knight than Kyrie and Thompson. I dont see what Thompson brings to this team that they dont already have. Hes a worse version of Verajo and Hickson.
    •   

3. Jimmer goes 10 and will play for sacramento
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I don't like the way this draft has gone down at all. Very odd one to witness (glad I'm just looking at updates on espn.com every once in a while instead of watching it).

5. I dont like it either. Waiting for the cavs to make a trade back into the first round now to try to get a scorer. Still trying to find out why they Drafted Thompson, probably means Hickson will be traded. Its a weird draft because people are taking really big risks on potential because of that lack of real star power in this draft.
    •   

6. The cavs drafted another PF. They have the Hickson, Jamison, Samuals, Harengody, and now 2 rookies in Harper and Thompson. Trades have to be coming.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    I dont like it either. Waiting for the cavs to make a trade back into the first round now to try to get a scorer. Still trying to find out why they Drafted Thompson, probably means Hickson will be traded. Its a weird draft because people are taking really big risks on potential because of that lack of real star power in this draft.
    Definitely agreed. Surprised by the number of foreign picks, too. Maybe that's more regular, but it doesn't seem like it. At least not in the first round.

8. anyone watch the whole draft? the lakers need youth now while kobe has a few years left.....they drafted guys that no one on espn even knew or had videos of.....it reminded me of the oakland raiders drafting a safety in the second round and if espn doesn't have a video on a guy...then it's a surprise pick....they needed an athletic guard...isiah thomas? may not be the best player but can add athletics plus he's got his dads blood, maybe could turn out to be a player....who knows
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    anyone watch the whole draft? the lakers need youth now while kobe has a few years left.....they drafted guys that no one on espn even knew or had videos of.....it reminded me of the oakland raiders drafting a safety in the second round and if espn doesn't have a video on a guy...then it's a surprise pick....they needed an athletic guard...isiah thomas? may not be the best player but can add athletics plus he's got his dads blood, maybe could turn out to be a player....who knows
    He's not related to that Isaiah Thomas. Is got the name cuz his dad lost a bet. But with that late of second rounders getting big men you can store in Europe or wherever the hell they were from is not a bad idea. Mike brown needs big men for his team to play how he wants so if he strikes gold with one of the 3 drafted it will be a great pick.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Draft's Almost Here!
    By thedawg3545 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM
  2. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
  3. NHL Draft
    By Spectre32 in forum Sports Talk