NBA Finals

JComp

Awards
Figured I would open a thread for the finals, been a great series so far and should go down to the wire. Im from Cleveland, so that makes me a die hard Mavs fan for this series. Im really enjoying Lebrons struggles. These are the same reasons he could never win in Cleveland, not showing up during the big games consistantly. Dirk is playing amazing and deserves to get a ring, along with Jason Kidd, Terry, and Shawn Marion. So go Mavs. I really want to hear all the excuses from the Heat if they lose to the old, less talented Mavs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been an amazing series so far and I expect Miami to win Game 6 with Wade dropping AT LEAST 40.

JComp

Awards
It's been an amazing series so far and I expect Miami to win Game 6 with Wade dropping AT LEAST 40.
Wade has to step up if theyre going to win. But if the Mavs bench can repeat the last game, and Jason Terry stays on shooting its going to be tough. I expect Lebron to snap out of his scoring slump, but I wont be shocked to see him get under 20 again.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
wade's hurt....bosh isn't a factor at this point....lebron disappears during the 4th quarter. this is the mavs series to lose at this point. i don't see it going seven games.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wade has to step up if theyre going to win. But if the Mavs bench can repeat the last game, and Jason Terry stays on shooting its going to be tough. I expect Lebron to snap out of his scoring slump, but I wont be shocked to see him get under 20 again.
I agree. And Wade will definitely step it up. As some of the analysts have already said, he's the only one on that team who has the carnal desire for a championship. You can see it in his eyes. And they'll be fine with LeBron scoring 20 as long as he's got the boards and assists to accompany it and as long as he doesn't back away in the 4th quarter. Wade will score the bulk of the points and everyone else just needs to step up minimally for them.

wade's hurt....bosh isn't a factor at this point....lebron disappears during the 4th quarter. this is the mavs series to lose at this point. i don't see it going seven games.
Wade only has a contusion; he was able to come back into the game and he won't sit this next game - no way. I agree with everything you've said except for it not going 7 games.

They're going back to Miami and Wade won't go out like that. Unless LeBron totally b*tches out, they'll win this one. It'll go down to the wire like every other game, but Wades shown his desire this whole series and he won't go out at home in Game 6.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The Game all comes down to Jason Terry... If he gets 15-20 it's a done deal. Dirk will get his points but if he can get contribution from "the jet" then Miami's 2-on-5 basketball will be cancelled out. Dallas has played great defense on Miami all series(except last night) so I really don't expect them to allow Wade to run through them. Dallas needs to just keep get their own "run-outs" because Miami's transition D is MORE THAN shaky.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
YUp!

The Mav's have done what they need to do at this point to win. It is their's to lose. It all comes down to a TEAM playing basketball against TWO great players....It won't go 7 unless their is a COMPLETE mental breakdown by Dallas and Rick C. seems to call his timeouts at quite opportune moments so I don't see that happening.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I tell you, Terry is the KEY! He knows it and that's where I think the problem started. Last game he showed he can handle the pressure. If he continues to shoot well and their D does what they do well, there is no question Dallas will win. Terry is the key...

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
Not a Miami fan, but not a hater either ( was going for Chicago ) if Lebron don't step up in the 4th quarter they ain't winning ****e - although he did get a triple double. I wanna see Jason Kid get a ring - he has put in a lot of work & seems like a stand-up guy- he deserves one.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Mav's have done what they need to do at this point to win. It is their's to lose. It all comes down to a TEAM playing basketball against TWO great players....It won't go 7 unless their is a COMPLETE mental breakdown by Dallas and Rick C. seems to call his timeouts at quite opportune moments so I don't see that happening.
I agree with this. However, I still see Miami winning Game 6 at home after losing 2 in a row. They have 2 of the greatest players to ever have played the game, but they also have other solid players: Chalmers is playing quality basketball in minimal minutes, Miller is lights out from the arc and pulls boards because he's rarely boxed out, Bibby (despite my dislike for him) can step it up on occasion, and of course Bosh, though a totally soft "big man" is a clean shooter.

I just cannot see Wade letting HIS team lose at home when it's all on the line after losing 2 in a row.

Not a Miami fan, but not a hater either ( was going for Chicago ) if Lebron don't step up in the 4th quarter they ain't winning ****e - although he did get a triple double. I wanna see Jason Kid get a ring - he has put in a lot of work & seems like a stand-up guy- he deserves one.
I was pulling for Chi as well, but I admittedly hate on Miami a bit. Sadly, I like a lot of their players and don't have a dislike for James or that he left - just HOW he left. That being said, he's a stand up guy and carries himself very well on and off the court (aside from his flops...that ALMOST makes me want to take away all the good things I have to say about him). I agree that James needs to step up in the 4th for a W, but I still see them being able to win if he doesn't. It comes down to 3 things, 2 of which are on the Mavs:

1. Are Miami's shooters hot or cold (Bosh, Miller, Chalmers, in particular)
2. Is Dallas boxing out underneath? They did in Game 5 and you could see a major difference from Game 4, which was a joke under the rim.
3. How is Dallas's defense on the pick & roll? Last night they were giving up layups like candy at Halloween. They're lucky their shooting was up to par for a change and they kept their lead.

and now 4 and 5 to a lesser extent:

4. Does Tyson Chandler stay out of foul trouble? If he can play minutes, they're good. If they have to resort to Mahinmi, they'll likely give up a lot more points (like in his presence last night).
5. Will JJ Barea decide to start making layups? He was on fire from beyond the arc last night, but he bricked another open layup, which was a step up from the 3 he jagged in Game 4 (and he missed at least one more in Game 3 or before).

Aside from last night, it's come down to the final shot. Missed layups and free throws mean everything.

JComp

Awards
As much as miami I dont see them losing game 6. And the way lebron left cleveland wasso distasteful. Hes pretty much a 6'8 270 lb 15 year old. Something goes wrong he blames someone else, dosent get his way he pouts. Not to mention the guys ego is beyond huge. I didnt like him while he was here, wanted him to stay because he obviouslu gave us the best chance for a championship. If it wasnt for the brilliant mo Williams for baron Davis trade lebron would have screwed cleveland for 10 years. sorry for the rant.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've gotta say Dirk is a class act, the guy deserves to win, so does Kidd. Deserve to and actually win though are not the same, I hope Dallas pulls it out though.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welp. No one from Miami showed up in the 4th quarter. I thought for sure Wade would have gone off tonight, but I guess not. I just am a bit disappointed that the ending was so anti-climactic based on how great the series started. No idea why Miami wasn't attempting to foul down the stretch, either. Dallas had 2 turnovers in a row when the lead was back down to 9 and James or Wade couldn't hit.

Happy to see the Mavs get it, just wish it was a closer game at the end.

JComp

Awards
As a cleveland fan, I cant even begin to describe how awesome it is to see Lebron fail. The way the Mavs were able to stay in the game even with Dirk not playing good for the first 3 quarters is insane. Jason Terry played great and backed up all his talk. I agree with all the sports talk people saying how this is a case of a team beating individuals. Miami is clearly the more talented team, and the team that should have won the championship, but players like Cardinal, JJ Berea and Tyson Chandler stepped up and did what was needed of them. I cant think of any player in the NBA that deserves a ring more than Dirk so the combination of that and Lebron losing made this an awesome finals for me.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
this series is a clear example of the definition of a team coming together, and 3 individual players pretending to be a team. i do believe as miami stays together, those 3 will develop into a championship caliber team, but first and foremost lebron needs to grow up and learn to handle pressure. wade is a champion and a leader, he will bounce back. i am happy for dirk and the boys tho.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Winning!

I agree with this. However, I still see Miami winning Game 6 at home after losing 2 in a row. They have 2 of the greatest players to ever have played the game, but they also have other solid players: Chalmers is playing quality basketball in minimal minutes, Miller is lights out from the arc and pulls boards because he's rarely boxed out, Bibby (despite my dislike for him) can step it up on occasion, and of course Bosh, though a totally soft "big man" is a clean shooter.

I just cannot see Wade letting HIS team lose at home when it's all on the line after losing 2 in a row.

I was pulling for Chi as well, but I admittedly hate on Miami a bit. Sadly, I like a lot of their players and don't have a dislike for James or that he left - just HOW he left. That being said, he's a stand up guy and carries himself very well on and off the court (aside from his flops...that ALMOST makes me want to take away all the good things I have to say about him). I agree that James needs to step up in the 4th for a W, but I still see them being able to win if he doesn't. It comes down to 3 things, 2 of which are on the Mavs:

1. Are Miami's shooters hot or cold (Bosh, Miller, Chalmers, in particular)
2. Is Dallas boxing out underneath? They did in Game 5 and you could see a major difference from Game 4, which was a joke under the rim.
3. How is Dallas's defense on the pick & roll? Last night they were giving up layups like candy at Halloween. They're lucky their shooting was up to par for a change and they kept their lead.

and now 4 and 5 to a lesser extent:

4. Does Tyson Chandler stay out of foul trouble? If he can play minutes, they're good. If they have to resort to Mahinmi, they'll likely give up a lot more points (like in his presence last night).
5. Will JJ Barea decide to start making layups? He was on fire from beyond the arc last night, but he bricked another open layup, which was a step up from the 3 he jagged in Game 4 (and he missed at least one more in Game 3 or before).

Aside from last night, it's come down to the final shot. Missed layups and free throws mean everything.
Well looks like I called that one buddy. Dirk The German Sheppard finished the job!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Could not agree more!

As a cleveland fan, I cant even begin to describe how awesome it is to see Lebron fail. The way the Mavs were able to stay in the game even with Dirk not playing good for the first 3 quarters is insane. Jason Terry played great and backed up all his talk. I agree with all the sports talk people saying how this is a case of a team beating individuals. Miami is clearly the more talented team, and the team that should have won the championship, but players like Cardinal, JJ Berea and Tyson Chandler stepped up and did what was needed of them. I cant think of any player in the NBA that deserves a ring more than Dirk so the combination of that and Lebron losing made this an awesome finals for me.
I don't like Lebron for one reason- He is not HUMBLE! I can not explain how annoying it is to see a player complain who makes that much money. Ridiculous!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Exactly

this series is a clear example of the definition of a team coming together, and 3 individual players pretending to be a team. i do believe as miami stays together, those 3 will develop into a championship caliber team, but first and foremost lebron needs to grow up and learn to handle pressure. wade is a champion and a leader, he will bounce back. i am happy for dirk and the boys tho.
Lebron does need to grow up....He is a such a crybaby and complains wayy too much. He also needs to take more responsibility for the "team" he always refers back to the rest of the players to make a Championship Cal Team. But really, he has to bring more every night...EVERY night, not some nights

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
They Did It

I've gotta say Dirk is a class act, the guy deserves to win, so does Kidd. Deserve to and actually win though are not the same, I hope Dallas pulls it out though.
J. Kidd def deserved one and Dirk has been working his butt off to get where he is right now...That old guy who trains him is THE MAN!!!