Who is the biggest waste of talent in sports history ?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Remember David Klingler?

2. think it is Bo Jackson. He was absolutely incredible. However, I am not sure if his talent was wasted, but rather it ended to early due to injury.
    I spend alot of time analizing sports for job purposes and Bo Jackson was the most talented guy that I ever saw.
    Bo was the greatest athlete in the last 100 years. He was an All-star in baseball and could have been an All-pro in the NFL too. Remeber when he ran up the wall to make that catch? Baseball people still talk about it. Here was a guy who at 240lbs ran a 4.15 40-yard dash! He was challenged to a race by noted base stealer and he told him sure all race. You can wear your track shoes and I'll run in my bare feet! The guy declined. Howie Long used to say that Bo's mother must of feed him D-bol in his oatmeal.
    •   

3. Guys that did more with less (overachievers you might say):

Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie, Rocky, Emmitt Smith, Dino Cicarelli, Dale Hunter, Brett Boone (steroids or not)

Speaking of steroids in baseball, I've compared rookie cards of Jason Giambi, Barry Bonds, Jim Thome, Brady Anderson, Mark McGwire, Bret Boone, Eric Chavez, Ken Caminiti, Jeff Bagwell to their present day pictures - different is night and day.

Especially Jim Thome.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

4. Anderson
    Jim Thome

(im not gay)

I only see 3 attachments -- But there are 4.
    i dont get why i dont see certain attachments
    Last edited by Deoudes59; 07-05-2004 at 03:05 PM.

5. I'd say you could do that in the 10+ years they have been in MLB. Just check out Bobo's before and after pics in his section, that was just 6 years.

Anyone remember Reggie Lewis, captain of the Celtics back in the 90's fell flat dead playing ball, some thought because of coke, others because of a genetic heart condition.

cm5
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by cookmic5
    I'd say you could do that in the 10+ years they have been in MLB. Just check out Bobo's before and after pics in his section, that was just 6 years.

Anyone remember Reggie Lewis, captain of the Celtics back in the 90's fell flat dead playing ball, some thought because of coke, others because of a genetic heart condition.

cm5
    I do agree, I single out Anderson and Thome because their frames don't really look like that could naturally support all that muscle (especially thome - he has high BF however).
    162 Games a year and travel - it;d would be hard to do.

I can't view Bobos before and after... I don't know why???

How many attachments did I upload, it only shows 3 that I can view - but I sent 4.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    I do agree, I single out Anderson and Thome because their frames don't really look like that could naturally support all that muscle (especially thome - he has high BF however).
    162 Games a year and travel - it;d would be hard to do.

I can't view Bobos before and after... I don't know why???

How many attachments did I upload, it only shows 3 that I can view - but I sent 4.
    Theres 4 up there

8. Deoudes59 Laurie Dhue!

9. The pre-Shaq Shaq, Stanley Roberts.

10. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Deoudes59 Laurie Dhue!
    Yes!

I like Kiran Chetry also, shes from Gaithersburg MD.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Supa Freek 420
    The pre-Shaq Shaq, Stanley Roberts.
    true, Alonzo Mourning too.

12. I like Kiran Chetry also, shes from Gaithersburg MD.

"groan".... She's my cousin..

13. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    "groan".... She's my cousin..
    really... thats cool -

when i say 'like' im refering to im attracted to intelligent good looking women with personalities.

14. when i say 'like' im refering to im attracted to intelligent good looking women with personalities.
    Thank God! When guys find out that I am related to her, they always ask to be set up. But she's married,so..

15. Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    true, Alonzo Mourning too.
    At least Zo had quite a few good years. This guy was supposed to be a monster coming out of LSU.

16. Alonzo graduated from Georgetown, Bro.. Shaq graduated from LSU

17. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Alonzo graduated from Georgetown, Bro.. Shaq graduated from LSU
    Meant Roberts. IIRC he came out the year right before Shaq.

18. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Thank God! When guys find out that I am related to her, they always ask to be set up. But she's married,so..
    yup im 21 too, just a kid still
    i wouldnt set up anyone with my cute cousin whos my age - im not about to have anyone (even my friends) try and play her.

fox news, real and unbias

19. Got another one. Dan McGwire, Big Mac's "little" brother. He was supposed to take the Seahawks to the promised land and everyone slobbered about him cause he was 6'8'' and had a cannon.

20. I didnt know that guy was Mac's brother. A bust for sure.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Got another one. Dan McGwire, Big Mac's "little" brother. He was supposed to take the Seahawks to the promised land and everyone slobbered about him cause he was 6'8'' and had a cannon.
    Hideki Irabu.

"Leagues fastest Pitch"

22. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Dan McGwire, Big Mac's "little" brother.
    On that note how 'bout Ozzie Canseco, Jose's twin?

23. LOL on Hideki Irabu, you gotta love how Steinbrenner referred to him as a "fat toad".

Ozzie Canseco was a freakin automatic strikeout everytime he batted.

24. [QUOTE=Iron Warrior]LOL on Hideki Irabu, you gotta love how Steinbrenner referred to him as a "fat toad".
    QUOTE]

HAHAHA wow theres a name from the past....

25. I think Dennis Rodman wins this. Exellent basketball player........................ .....but a really confused man.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Biggest Waste of MMA Talent?
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
  2. Who is the best HW boxer in the last 25 years?
    By jas123 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 06:36 PM
  3. Who Is The Biggest Supplement Whore Here?
    By TheMyth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
  4. Who is the 'expert' in MMA?
    By DieTrying in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 11:25 AM
  5. Who Is The Biggest
    By G.E.SUPERHUMAN in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:06 AM