Hardest NFL Hitter:Clay Matthews -or- Troy Polamolu

Hardest NFL Hitter:Clay Matthews -or- Troy Polamalu?

• Troy Polamalu

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Clay Matthews

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Who do you think is the hardest hitter?

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
james harrison.. he murders people.. those 2 are just more known for their overall athleticism and speed

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bad comparison you cant compare the 2. Where they play on the fild and who they are trying to tackle.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
clay doesnt even hit hard. hes just around the ball ALOT. i vote james harrison

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Lol,okay guys,just choose one.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Bad comparison you cant compare the 2. Where they play on the fild and who they are trying to tackle.
Okay,put it this way,if it was just them two,and they both ran at eachother full speed who would knock the **** outta who?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Of all time has to be Steve Atwater!

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
James Harrison is the hardest hitter in the league.

In this poll: Matthews; due to his size. Linebacker vs Safety.

diondrems

Awards
I want to vote neither but out of those two it's Clay without a doubt.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
outta this two, clay mathews, troy is an excellent player but he doesn't really hit anyone, just kind of dives at legs.....hardest hitter in the nfl is probably james harrison, the guy just blows ppl up

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Clay Matthews is a beast...don't get me wrong...but when I think of "big hitters" Clay Matthews isn't even on my top 15 list....top 25 if he's lucky. On the Steelers alone you have Polamalu, Farrior, Clark, and Harrison who are all bigger "hitters" than Clay Matthews.

So are Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Merriweather from the Pats and a plethora of other players. Matthews isn't even the biggest hitter on his team.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him, I'm actually a huge fan of his, but to this point Clay Matthews has done nothing to be regarded as a big hitter.

Now..as far as playmaking goes...he's up there at the top of the list w/ Polamalu, but still not quite at the level Polamalu is on yet.

The validation you're looking for in this question (ie, both guys running full steam ahead directly at eachother) is pretty stupid as well. Really?? 260lbs vs 210lbs? Who DO YA THINK is going to win that?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya but brian dawkins is a great example, at his prime in philly, of a hard hitter

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does nobody remember Steve Atwater? Dude, the hit he put on the Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye, on Monday night football will go down in NFL history as one of the most viscious hits of all time! Okoye at that time was the most feared RB in the NFL, 260lbs of pure power who was running over every linebacker in the NFL. Check out the hit below!

YouTube - ‪Atwater Smacks Okoye‬‏

YouTube - ‪Steve attwater # 9 most feared tackler‬‏
Ronnie lott

/thread

RenoRokstar

RenoRokstar

Awards
James Harrison fasho.... Troy Palomalu is the shizzle at getting tackles though :)

RenoRokstar

RenoRokstar

Awards
BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Have to go with my hometown Steelers!

Harrison... I mean, didn't he get fined the most and a rule was changed ;)

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Ward for the Steelers.

At least on offense or defense (when Ben tosses an INT)

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
MainEvent10

MainEvent10

Awards
Def James Harrison...only guy that I know that got more than 100k in fines in two seasons for hitting to hard....

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established

tradeforcash

Awards
Gotta be Matthews! Harrison hits them with cheap shots, and except for the McCoy hit, he blindsided most of them.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
^ Harrison plays 70's football, before they started wearing skirts

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Bob Sanders before he started getting all his injuries was a monster

tradeforcash

Awards
^ Harrison plays 70's football, before they started wearing skirts
Yeah, that's true kinda......I can understand protecting the receiver on a crossing route from getting shelled in the head.....

the QB now, come'on....he is fair game for the most part, they are really coddling them now.....I remember Staubach getting knocked out a couple times, and you never heard him complain....Tarkenton also.....

touch his helmet while going for the ball...Bamm! 15 yard penalty.....that's a joke....

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Kind of tough to compare a Safety to an LB bc Troy gets to Tee off on guys being at his position. Clay has more tackle opportunities in the box against RBs. Troy just kind of appears out of thin air...LOL

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Ray Lewis!
Ray Lewis hits people hard...........with knives!

I kid, I kid...Ray is a beast. It's actually been a pleasure to have such a great player as an intense division competitor for all these years.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Troy is a monster. James harrison plays the game like it should be played. I mean you could take alot of guys from the steelers. Ryan clark tees off on people.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-Sizzle should be in the conversation.