MLB All-Star Game

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AL infield will be insane. A-Rod, Jeter, Soriano*, Giambi. Can you say Y A N K E E S

*former

I'm looking forward to Clemens pitching and Piazza catching him. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

gosox

Awards
thats sounds like the allgay team unless you throw my boy ortiz at 1st, leads league in rbi's

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ortiz is better than Giambi. Giambi gets a lot of hype but his batting average is very weak. When he was with the A's he was batting .315 and driving in more runs

BTW, it's pretty weak how MLB gives home field advantage in the World Series to the League that wins. Can you imagine the Yankees losing home field advantage because Keith Foulke gave up a game-winning home run in the 9th or vice versa. Not a fair system IMO.

gosox

Awards
redsox nation will hopefully get him in there or maybe giambi will die from that parasite he has

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey gosox...

The Yankees "Suck" and now your telling me they a fags too?

Yeh those fags suck so bad that they have held the trophy in the Bronxs 26 times now. :rasp:

BTW... the All-Star game is just around the corner now. Thats just about the time that the blosox drop out of contention. It's not a curse... :rofl:

gosox

Awards
easy arizona why dont you root for the diamondbacks and i didnt say they suck i said they were fags' have you seen those shots of jeter gazing lovingly at ahole

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey gosox...it's all in fun. I support the Diamondbacks, that is if going to a game once in a while is supporting. I was raised in Brooklyn NY and have been a Yankee fan all my life. When i said the Yankees "Suck" I was just refering to one of the many many deragetory(sp?) words that the haters use when refering to the "26 Time World Champion Yankees". I "chuckeled" when I read you calling them "fags". Nothing but baseball banter, no harm.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whats really messed up about MLB all-star game is the voting system. Adam Everett the starting NL SS?? Come on!!?! Ortiz should be at first in the AL, Jeter shouldn't be anywhere near the All-Star game with the amount of talent for AL SS (Young, Tejada).

The only problem I have with the NL starters is Sosa..Hes a great player but doesn't deserve to take a spot from an Adam Dunn, a Juan Pierre, or a Carlos Beltran.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
It's nice to see another yankee fan on the board.

gosox

Awards
its all good b5150, all i can say after last nights game is wildcard, back to back baby

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
Ortiz is better than Giambi. Giambi gets a lot of hype but his batting average is very weak. When he was with the A's he was batting .315 and driving in more runs.
My thoughts exactly.

lionel

Awards
I'm a tribe fan here! LOL! Am i gonna get flamed or what? haha! I dig the nl outfield.. bonds, griffey, sosa.. couldn't ask for more!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets see:
Yankees 11 - RedSox 3
Yankees 4 - RedSox 2
Yankees 5 - RedSox 4

Can you say SWEEP!!! ;)
BTW... the All-Star game is just around the corner now. Thats just about the time that the blosox drop out of contention. It's not a curse... :rofl:
Yankees 8 1/2 game lead in the AL East

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Now getting back to the original topic, how does everyone feel about the voting for MLB all star game? Im still for the fans voting in the starters since its an exhibition game. Every year there's players that deserves starting slots that get gipped for players having average seasons, but with a big name. I would like to see somewhat of a restriction for voting though. Since each city differs in fan attendance, the towns selling out a packed house every home game, have a better chance to have players of that team to be representing their respective leagues. So an equal amount of votes per major league city...... but that would almost be impossible no? I know when Safeco Field opened up and Seattle was packing 45,000 a night, we sent 6 players to the show, with only maybe 3 deserving the spot.
Sage

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As I said before, the voting system for the MLB All-Star Game is crap. I see your point that it is an exhibition game, but its simply not fair to the guys that get snubbed every year. Imagine if you played a 6-year baseball career, 5 years you hit .250, but one year you ended up hitting .350, however you weren't voted in b/c you weren't popular. Adam Everett should not be anywhere near the All-Star Game, but because it is in Houston, he will probably be starting. Same thing for Sosa,Giambi and Jeter. I remember a few years ago on ESPN at the All-Star break, Peter Gammons said that Frank Thomas was the MVP of the first half, yet he didn't make the All-Star Game. I agree that fans should have a say, but so should coaches and other players (NFL has it just right).

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here are some people that deserve to be in Houston
AL-
C-Pudge
1B- Ortiz
2B- Soriano
3B- Arod/Melvin Mora
SS- Tejada/Michael Young
OFs- Manny Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero, Ichiro, Carl Crawford, Matt Lawton

NL
C- Piazza/Paul Lo Duca/Johnny Estrada
1B- THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD NL 1B THAT IT IS HARD TO PICK. IF I had to pick 3, I'd say: Thome, Casey, Pulojs
2B- Kent/Castillo
3B- 3RD BASE IN NL IS ALSO VERY TALENTED THIS YEAR
Rolen, Lowell, Vinny Castilla, Aramis Ramierez
SS- Jack Wilson
OF- Bonds, Griffey, Berkman, Juan Pierre, Steve Finley, Miguel Cabrera

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, I dont think the fans should be the main say in the voting. Though they should account for about 25%. It should be mainly players and coaches. They could account for the other 75%.

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
If Its left mainly to the fans it would be like the nba all star game 2 years ago. Vince Carter played like 10 games and got voted into the allstar game. I think he was the leading vote getter. What a joke.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Now getting back to the original topic, how does everyone feel about the voting for MLB all star game?
I'd give the fans 1/3 of the voting power. There are just too many ignorant "fans" who will vote for the wrong players.

BTW, I also freakin hate the rule which makes it mandatory that every team be represented by at least 1 player. Last years Detroit Tigers did not have 1 worthy All-Star player