Votes: 41 78.8%
  • Therapist

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Very simple question: Who would you keep, Shaq or Kobe?

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Kobe's a punk, and he's arrogant, and can't carry that team w/out shaq.

Brock Landers

Awards
Shaq is not as dominant as he was a few years back since hes aging. I'd dump him to Dallas, get Nash + Finley + Howard and buiid from there with Kobe in the mix.

Dont get me wrong, he is still the most dominant player in the game, but he's going downhill and will continue to do so at a much more rapid pace for years to come.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd keep Shaq because he's got 2-3 solid years left in him and I'm the type of guy who wants to win now, they can worry about the future later. Shaq just needs to lose some weight to regain that quickness he had at 300-310 pounds. Kobe is another Tracy McGrady w/out Shaq

gosox

Awards
i hope they trade shaq so everyone can see how much the rapist sucks without him, and then they lose all their fake fans, go celts

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I hope the Lakers blow up and don't make the playoffs...I hate the Lakers...Go Spurs Go!!! 2005 NBA champs...you heard it here first.

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
I would take shaq if he could get back down to 300-310 pounds. Until then i am with kobe. At the end of a game and you need a basket or a play made Kobe is the better choice.

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
I hope the Lakers blow up and don't make the playoffs...I hate the Lakers...Go Spurs Go!!! 2005 NBA champs...you heard it here first.
No, I think we will keep it here in D town. Oh yeah thanks for getting beat by the lakers it made it easier for us to win the title.
I think we would've had a tuffer time with the spurs.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Kobe. Shaq's asking too much. Greedy slob's already got two of the seven sins down to a T.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I think it may come down to who is more injury prone. Shaq has had his share, and keeps getting worse as he ages and puts on weight. Kobe is still fresh, but I agree he is arrogant, and I believe he takes a lot of unnecessary risks (on the court and off the court).

The Lakers should stay with who they built this team around in the first place, which is Shaq. They may need to cut his playing time down some to help preserve him for the future.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
Shaq won't play for another coach, so if he goes so does shaq. Kobe is the better player and he is gonna be a ball hog when he is one of two players on a team.
BTW I am from Michigan so I like the Lakers, they made us look so damn good.
GO PISTONS!!!!!!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I thought the pick was ok...we needed a back up point guard and I didn't think any of the college guys were worth a guaranteed contract at that point. And I think had the Spurs been in the finals they would have beaten the pistons...oh well though guess I'll have to wait for next year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You guys are spoiled, I'm a Warriors fan. I thought the Warriors pick was risky. They say he can play like Darko Milicic, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing so what do you guys think, especially the Pistons fans ?

rsray1975

Board Supporter
Awards
You guys are spoiled, I'm a Warriors fan. I thought the Warriors pick was risky. They say he can play like Darko Milicic, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing so what do you guys think, especially the Pistons fans ?
Yeah its hard to say what Andris Biedrins will do. I feel players like him and darko your not going to see anything for atleast 3 year min. Most players straight out of high school dont do jack **** for atleast their first 3 years. I know Lebron and Carmelo are the exception. I do Know that if we would have drafted Carmelo instead of Darko he wouldnt have came here scoring 20+ points a game. Also Players like Darko and Andris dont even play against the top comp in their country. They are a work in progress.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I thought the pick was ok...we needed a back up point guard and I didn't think any of the college guys were worth a guaranteed contract at that point. And I think had the Spurs been in the finals they would have beaten the pistons...oh well though guess I'll have to wait for next year.
I thought both Udrich and Sato were both steals at their respective draft positions. Beno had the strongest showing of all participants @ the Chicago predraft camp and is probably ready to come in and back up TP now and Romain is a lockdown-type D guy who although is only 6'3" - 6'5" depending on who you ask has a 7' wingspan and a measured vertical of 36.5".

You ever go on spursreport?

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling they were going w/Biedrins. Looks like the only reason I'll be paying a visit to NA Coliseum is to check out some of the other teams in the league. :mad:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
You ever go on spursreport?
I liked what I saw of Beno and Sato did good in the NCAA tournament. Thats a good site...I never knew of it...I live in SA so I usually just read the newspaper but that site has a lot of good info on it.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
at this point you stick with kobe bryant,,,who by no means is on the same level as t-mac,,,,hes on another dimension ,,,kobes defense shits on tmac,,anyone can take 20-30 shots a game and score like tracy mcgrady...shaq is gone,,,sucks cuz u cannot replace his fat ass ,,, they should keep shaq one more year,,,,and then send his ass wherever and lure Yao Ming to LA when his contract is up,,,,the biggest chinese population is in LA,, and for sure Yao is gonna be the ****....i just hope shaq doesnt leave and decide to get in shape and come back on another team and tear it up

THE_CEO

Awards
hehe I agree im a Pistons Fan!

CEO

GettinSwole

Awards
if you really have a choice, how can you go with anyone other than the most dominant player in the NBA now and possibly ever. I mean they had to change the rules b/c this guy was so dominant. But he's going if anyone does and Kobe is so sought after he's having people come to his door instead of the normal traveling around.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Well, it looks like the decisions will be made on this topic shortly. More than likely, Shaq will be with the Heat, which makes sence since he lives in Florida, and Kobe with the Lakers. I don't see him turning that 140 million down. The Lakers will just need to get some players that will compliment a player like Kobe. I think they are looking into to the run-and-gun type of offense, "SHOWTIME", which will require smaller, quicker players. I think they still need a large object for the middle. Yao Ming would be an awesome score if they could make that happen.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
YA!! I can't wait to go to some HEAT games!! Watch out Eastern Conference!

Brock Landers

Awards
Holy Crap, I've been out of the country for work the past few days. I know I said **** about Shaq above, but I didnt think we'd get him. GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Holy Crap, I've been out of the country for work the past few days. I know I said **** about Shaq above, but I didnt think we'd get him. GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Said **** about him? I'd say. Didn't it go a little somehting like this..."but he's going downhill and will continue to do so at a much more rapid pace for years to come." I guess he will be the demise of the Heat! LOL! Boy, how opinions change so quickly. :icon_lol:

Just hackin' on you Brock! I don't kow if the deal the Heat made was a good one, but it looks like they are trying to make a quick play to become a first place team.

bioalteration

Awards
I can't stand pro athletes who make millions of dollars who bicker and quibble about whose team it is. Shaq, right now, is the more important player. Kobe is a wannabe. Like Jordan, no NEVER, not in my eyes. Jordan was 10 times the man Kobe is.

Brock Landers

Awards
No hard feelins cuff, I never thought in a million years we'd get him. Our owner turned cheap on us, at least for the past few years. Anyways, I dont think there is a team in the NBA that wouldnt love to have him. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd come to Miami!!!!!!!

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lakers fawked up man,,,,they should have let shaqs contract just expire one more year,,release him and get some realy NBA players who can play. the whole laker and heat deal was the WORST trade in sports history. Lamar Odom sucks,,,Brian Grant cant even Jump, and Butler looks like a vampire version of Pharell Williams. My team has taken a ****. only hope in in 2007 when Brian Grants contract is done. Lakers should then go for Lebron or Yao..which i know isnt going to happen but still,,,they should also really really try and get Tyson Chandler or Eddie Curry which i know wont happen but they should,.

Saladin

Awards
Lebron won't want to share the spotlight, as much as he likes Kobe. The Lakers best shot is Yao, but he's overrated. In an ideal world, we could trade Kobe for KG, and then sign Lebron, but I hear Kobe has a no trade in his contract. Buss messed up, and we (the Lakers) are stuck with Kobe for too long. Buss chose the wrong guy for the franchise.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Dwayne Wade over Kobe. I believe Wade has been the best player in the NBA for the 2nd half of the year thus far.
Still the MVP should be Steve Nash, the Suns have already won 48more games than they did last year and Nash is to blame.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Lebron won't want to share the spotlight, as much as he likes Kobe. The Lakers best shot is Yao, but he's overrated. In an ideal world, we could trade Kobe for KG, and then sign Lebron, but I hear Kobe has a no trade in his contract. Buss messed up, and we (the Lakers) are stuck with Kobe for too long. Buss chose the wrong guy for the franchise.
Yup the Lakers are fucked for a while. The Clippers are actually gonna have a brighter future in the next few years if they stop being cheap. The Lakers should have kept Shaq because there are many good guards out there but that can get the job but there is probably only one big man as good or better than Shaq (Tim Duncan). The Lakers are tied up badly by the salary cap until 2007

Saladin

Awards
The Lakers are tied up by the salary cap until 2007 and Kobe's personality for as long as they have him -- media reports from around the league repeatedly say that no NBA players want to play with Kobe. It makes getting any proven, good player pretty difficult.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
That BD trade's gonna pay off next year.
:drunk:

You gonna be at the last game of the season?