Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.85%

NFL PLAYOFF THREAD!!!!

So who you guys got winning this weekend? Who do you forsee in the SuperBowl? I'll post up my Preview and Picks here in this thread a little later, but I figured this is a good time to start a discussion on the playoffs. We actually have a chance to see a Colts @ Patriots AFC Championship, AND a Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship!!! That would be the Ultimate in my opinion, but it's not necessarily how I see these playoffs working out.

What do you guys think?
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by neofrost83 View Post
    So who you guys got winning this weekend? Who do you forsee in the SuperBowl? I'll post up my Preview and Picks here in this thread a little later, but I figured this is a good time to start a discussion on the playoffs. We actually have a chance to see a Colts @ Patriots AFC Championship, AND a Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship!!! That would be the Ultimate in my opinion, but it's not necessarily how I see these playoffs working out.

What do you guys think?
    I think the media is hoping for a Philly\Atlanta NFC Championship game. I personally am hoping for a Steeler\Ravens AFC Championship game (more likely Steelers\Patriots).
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.85%

Glad I didn't post previews. I went 0/4 for the first time in my life!!!! WTF!?!?!

And Fastone - the Ravens - Steelers AFC Championship Game is impossible. They play next weekend.

I'd LIKE to see Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship (the NFL would nut itself), and by process of elimination I'd like to see Baltimore @ New England AFC Championship. Why? Because I loathe the Jets, and Baltimore would be a relatively new team in the Super Bowl.
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by neofrost83 View Post
    Glad I didn't post previews. I went 0/4 for the first time in my life!!!! WTF!?!?!

And Fastone - the Ravens - Steelers AFC Championship Game is impossible. They play next weekend.

I'd LIKE to see Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship (the NFL would nut itself), and by process of elimination I'd like to see Baltimore @ New England AFC Championship. Why? Because I loathe the Jets, and Baltimore would be a relatively new team in the Super Bowl.
    Had the Colts won, they would've been in Pittsburgh this coming week and the Ravens being the then lowest seed would've gone to the Patriots. That would've set up that possibility.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

All the games were pretty good this past weekend. The only one that bored me was the Kansas City/Baltimore game. I can't wait to see the games this upcoming weekend - especially the Packers/Falcons game. Go Packers for the NFC win, then a Packers/Patriots superbowl with Packers for the win.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
    All the games were pretty good this past weekend. The only one that bored me was the Kansas City/Baltimore game. I can't wait to see the games this upcoming weekend - especially the Packers/Falcons game. Go Packers for the NFC win, then a Packers/Patriots superbowl with Packers for the win.
    Packers beat the Pats....are you smoking crack? they won't even beat the bears if they face them again.....wait and see.

pats over ravens, chicago over GB and an 85 rematch bears over pats with the pats winning.

i don't like that cause i'm a bears fan but that's how i see it.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    Packers beat the Pats....are you smoking crack? they won't even beat the bears if they face them again.....wait and see.

pats over ravens, chicago over GB and an 85 rematch bears over pats with the pats winning.

i don't like that cause i'm a bears fan but that's how i see it.
    No, I'm fresh out of crack. Green Bay over Atlanta this week, then Green Bay over Chicago. Patriots and Green Bay in the Super Bowl for a '97 rematch with ANOTHER Green Bay victory.

Keep talking like that, and you won't be invited to the after party...

Yeah, though... as much as I want a Green Bay victory I think the Bears will take the NFC. I'm still going to root for my team until they're out...
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.74%

No, I'm fresh out of crack. Green Bay over Atlanta this week, then Green Bay over Chicago. Patriots and Green Bay in the Super Bowl for a '97 rematch with ANOTHER Green Bay victory.

Keep talking like that, and you won't be invited to the after party...

Yeah, though... as much as I want a Green Bay victory I think the Bears will take the NFC. I'm still going to root for my team until they're out...
    all right i'll play nice, i want to go to the party.....

i'll even bring the cheese, brats and schlitz
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

all right i'll play nice, i want to go to the party.....

i'll even bring the cheese, brats and schlitz
    Really I'm just extremely happy with the Packers two wins over the Vikings this year. Although I think Green Bay/Chicago is probably one of the biggest *****ries in that division, I personally loath the Vikings more than any other team on the face of the earth. That in my book is a success for the season. I'll probably end up rooting for whatever NFC teams takes it to the Bowl. And even though the Patriots will probably win, I despise them and will root against them.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sorry fellas, the Steelers are on the "Stairway to Seven".
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.69%

patriots are the best team in the playoffs...the only team that can beat them is the packers and it will be a Patriots vs Packers superbowl, but this time the Patriots win not like back in '97. Packers hands down are the best team in the NFC. If somehow the patriots dont make the superbowl, the packers will win it all because no AFC team would beable to stop Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Quote Originally Posted by cedrone50 View Post
    patriots are the best team in the playoffs...the only team that can beat them is the packers and it will be a Patriots vs Packers superbowl, but this time the Patriots win not like back in '97. Packers hands down are the best team in the NFC. If somehow the patriots dont make the superbowl, the packers will win it all because no AFC team would beable to stop Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews
    Aaron Rodgers is not the problem with the Packers, of course. It's their receivers who play like they rub butter all over their hands before a game. If their receivers can catch the ball and they stay on top of their running game, yes.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

hahaha,time will tell. Everyone seems to be sold on this Patriot invincibility when one play this Sunday could change everything. My main focus is the bloodbath between the Steelers and Ravens Saturday, then we'll see. Brady so far has been able to stay pretty clean, let's see now that the stakes are higher. The Packers do look good but if you think they're just gonna run through Atlanta, think again.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

hahaha,time will tell. Everyone seems to be sold on this Patriot invincibility when one play this Sunday could change everything. My main focus is the bloodbath between the Steelers and Ravens Saturday, then we'll see. Brady so far has been able to stay pretty clean, let's see now that the stakes are higher. The Packers do look good but if you think they're just gonna run through Atlanta, think again.
    I'd prefer the Steelers to win over the Patriots any day, but the Pats just seem like a more solid pick. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm definitely thinking Pittsburgh over the Ravens. I don't think Baltimore will walk all over the Steelers like they did Kansas City. Cassel chocked in that game from the start.

The Falcons/Packers match up should be awesome. The Packers were already beat by them once this year by a last minute field goal, but a win is a win and the Packers are going to go into Atlanta pumped and ready to give some payback.

I can't wait for the Chicago/Seattle game either. I think Chicago will take the win, but I don't think Seattle will get the stomping everyone seems to think they will. Hopefully this game will be an old-fashioned shootout.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.74%

that's clever, you'd come up with that all on your own. i think i heard that on the radio this morning...i'm in Bensalem for 2 weeks
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

that's clever, you'd come up with that all on your own. i think i heard that on the radio this morning...i'm in Bensalem for 2 weeks
    Actually, it's been around Steeler Nation for a bit now, I just felt it was time to use it
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.74%

if seattle plays like they did against saints....... Chicago is looking for a rough game
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    if Seattle plays like they did against saints....... Chicago is looking for a rough game
    It should be an excellent game, but Seattle won't have home-field advantage this time.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

****WARNING***** The national weather service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh next Saturday starting at 4:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

****WARNING***** The national weather service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh next Saturday starting at 4:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.74%

now that's good....
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

It must be an epidemic in Pennsylvania. The same thing happened to some birds in Philadelphia last weekend...
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.48%

Bears will destroy Seattle IMO... Seahawks were playin on pure emotion last week, after creepin into the playoffs and at home. Theres no way hasselback will have another performance like that, and the bears defense should shut down lynch and any chance of a run game.

But then again theres always the chance of "bad" cutler showing up like he did against greenbay a couple weeks ago.

I would love to see the NFC come down to Bears vs Pack

As far as the AFC, i mean pats are dynamite but wouldn't it be hilarious if the jets pulled another one out this weekend?
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.74%

I'm rooting for ravens!!!
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Steeler factoids

The Steelers are chasing a 7th super bowl in their 77th season, BEN is # 7, who is in his 7th season, he was also the 11th pick. In order to advance, he must beat the Ravens for the 7th straight time, for a chance to possibly avenge a loss 7 seasons ago, against the team that just so happened to win 7 seasons ago. If Ben wins number 7 in 11, it would also be his 11 playoff victory...

Now don't you all feel enlightened
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Steeler factoids

The Steelers are chasing a 7th super bowl in their 77th season, BEN is # 7, who is in his 7th season, he was also the 11th pick. In order to advance, he must beat the Ravens for the 7th straight time, for a chance to possibly avenge a loss 7 seasons ago, against the team that just so happened to win 7 seasons ago. If Ben wins number 7 in 11, it would also be his 11 playoff victory...

Now don't you all feel enlightened
    So are you trying to say he should endorse 7-11 stores?

I can't wait until this weekend to watch some football!
  28. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%

Brady is 6-1 against the Steelers...but every game is different !!!

I fear the Ravens the most in the AFC..
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Brady is 6-1 against the Steelers...but every game is different !!!

I fear the Ravens the most in the AFC..
    The Steelers and Ravens are two different fruit from the same tree, The Ravens offense just looks smoother at times. they both hit you in a way that will knock your thought process outside of your helmet. Should be another great low scoring game

Yes, every game is different and everyone should at this point, be at their best which is why I think this Jet\Patriot game will be a lot closer and more contentious than most people think, the fact that Rex Ryan is a ass notwithstanding.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.07%

Go Pats....I am looking forward to this one, I hate waiting all week for football to come..
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.07%

Quote Originally Posted by cedrone50 View Post
    This is also my prediction....I want revenge from SB32
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.11%

The road to the playoffs may go through New England, but the Ravens are taking it this year.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Nick3d View Post
    The road to the playoffs may go through New England, but the Ravens are taking it this year.
    We will see, I am looking forward to the ravens game today....I am not a fan of the Ravens but today I will root for them, I just hate the steelers.
  34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%

Bart Scott: Welker's 'days in a uniform' are numbered

Jets inside linebacker Bart Scott is not laughing off Wes Welker's Thursday comments that included several references to the word "foot," in what many saw as poking fun at New York coach Rex Ryan.

"I'll tell you what," Scott said, according to Newsday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His (Welker's) days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

Welker made 11 references to the word "foot" during his remarks on Thursday, which seemed to be a joking reference to the "foot fetish" videos on the Internet that are believed to feature Ryan and his wife, Michelle.

Ryan would not be drawn into that particular debate on Friday, saying "I can take it. I'm not going to discuss it, but I can take it."

But Antonio Cromartie, who called Tom Brady a nasty name in the New York media early this week, saw it as evidence that the Patriots do talk trash -- but apparently it is buried in some kind of indecipherable code.

"If you read in between the lines, a lot of what they say is directed toward us, but they try to clean it up," Cromartie told Newsday. "It's different, but they are doing the same thing. At the end of the day, it's trash talking no matter how you try to put it, how you try to clean it up."

Trash talk is one thing but this is a little much IMO

Stay Classy Bart !!!!
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%

Sexy rexy !! the gift tha keeps on giving..

Last edited by MaDmaN; 01-16-2011 at 11:23 AM.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Sexy rexy !! the gift tha keeps on giving..

hahahahahaha!!, Rex on his toes. I will say this though, don't let the Jets win this game because the verbal fest will go to another level.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

STEELERS!!!!!!, nuff said
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Looks like the Packers are currently stomping a mudhole into the Falcons...
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

It's turning into a concrete hole, lol
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.71%

Great games today. I'm glad I'm not a Ravens fan or a Falcons fan.

Similar Forum Threads

1. NHL PLAYOFF THREAD
    By xlivefreex in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 05:05 PM
  2. Playoff predictions
    By AE14 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 08:44 PM
  3. Playoff To See Who Will Lose To Jeb Bush In 2008!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 02:35 PM
  4. Playoff picks
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
  5. NHL Playoff matchups
    By IainDaniel in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 11:04 PM