NFL PLAYOFF THREAD!!!!

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
So who you guys got winning this weekend? Who do you forsee in the SuperBowl? I'll post up my Preview and Picks here in this thread a little later, but I figured this is a good time to start a discussion on the playoffs. We actually have a chance to see a Colts @ Patriots AFC Championship, AND a Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship!!! That would be the Ultimate in my opinion, but it's not necessarily how I see these playoffs working out.

What do you guys think?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
So who you guys got winning this weekend? Who do you forsee in the SuperBowl? I'll post up my Preview and Picks here in this thread a little later, but I figured this is a good time to start a discussion on the playoffs. We actually have a chance to see a Colts @ Patriots AFC Championship, AND a Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship!!! That would be the Ultimate in my opinion, but it's not necessarily how I see these playoffs working out.

What do you guys think?
I think the media is hoping for a Philly\Atlanta NFC Championship game. I personally am hoping for a Steeler\Ravens AFC Championship game (more likely Steelers\Patriots).

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
Glad I didn't post previews. I went 0/4 for the first time in my life!!!! WTF!?!?!

And Fastone - the Ravens - Steelers AFC Championship Game is impossible. They play next weekend.

I'd LIKE to see Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship (the NFL would nut itself), and by process of elimination I'd like to see Baltimore @ New England AFC Championship. Why? Because I loathe the Jets, and Baltimore would be a relatively new team in the Super Bowl.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Glad I didn't post previews. I went 0/4 for the first time in my life!!!! WTF!?!?!

And Fastone - the Ravens - Steelers AFC Championship Game is impossible. They play next weekend.

I'd LIKE to see Green Bay @ Chicago NFC Championship (the NFL would nut itself), and by process of elimination I'd like to see Baltimore @ New England AFC Championship. Why? Because I loathe the Jets, and Baltimore would be a relatively new team in the Super Bowl.
Had the Colts won, they would've been in Pittsburgh this coming week and the Ravens being the then lowest seed would've gone to the Patriots. That would've set up that possibility.

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
All the games were pretty good this past weekend. The only one that bored me was the Kansas City/Baltimore game. I can't wait to see the games this upcoming weekend - especially the Packers/Falcons game. Go Packers for the NFC win, then a Packers/Patriots superbowl with Packers for the win.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
All the games were pretty good this past weekend. The only one that bored me was the Kansas City/Baltimore game. I can't wait to see the games this upcoming weekend - especially the Packers/Falcons game. Go Packers for the NFC win, then a Packers/Patriots superbowl with Packers for the win.
Packers beat the Pats....are you smoking crack? they won't even beat the bears if they face them again.....wait and see.

pats over ravens, chicago over GB and an 85 rematch bears over pats with the pats winning.

i don't like that cause i'm a bears fan but that's how i see it.

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
Packers beat the Pats....are you smoking crack? they won't even beat the bears if they face them again.....wait and see.

pats over ravens, chicago over GB and an 85 rematch bears over pats with the pats winning.

i don't like that cause i'm a bears fan but that's how i see it.
No, I'm fresh out of crack. Green Bay over Atlanta this week, then Green Bay over Chicago. Patriots and Green Bay in the Super Bowl for a '97 rematch with ANOTHER Green Bay victory.

Keep talking like that, and you won't be invited to the after party...

Yeah, though... as much as I want a Green Bay victory I think the Bears will take the NFC. I'm still going to root for my team until they're out...

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
No, I'm fresh out of crack. Green Bay over Atlanta this week, then Green Bay over Chicago. Patriots and Green Bay in the Super Bowl for a '97 rematch with ANOTHER Green Bay victory.

Keep talking like that, and you won't be invited to the after party...

Yeah, though... as much as I want a Green Bay victory I think the Bears will take the NFC. I'm still going to root for my team until they're out...
all right i'll play nice, i want to go to the party.....:happysad:

i'll even bring the cheese, brats and schlitz

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
all right i'll play nice, i want to go to the party.....:happysad:

i'll even bring the cheese, brats and schlitz
Really I'm just extremely happy with the Packers two wins over the Vikings this year. Although I think Green Bay/Chicago is probably one of the biggest rivalries in that division, I personally loath the Vikings more than any other team on the face of the earth. That in my book is a success for the season. I'll probably end up rooting for whatever NFC teams takes it to the Bowl. And even though the Patriots will probably win, I despise them and will root against them.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Sorry fellas, the Steelers are on the "Stairway to Seven".

cedrone50

Awards
patriots are the best team in the playoffs...the only team that can beat them is the packers and it will be a Patriots vs Packers superbowl, but this time the Patriots win not like back in '97. Packers hands down are the best team in the NFC. If somehow the patriots dont make the superbowl, the packers will win it all because no AFC team would beable to stop Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
patriots are the best team in the playoffs...the only team that can beat them is the packers and it will be a Patriots vs Packers superbowl, but this time the Patriots win not like back in '97. Packers hands down are the best team in the NFC. If somehow the patriots dont make the superbowl, the packers will win it all because no AFC team would beable to stop Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers is not the problem with the Packers, of course. It's their receivers who play like they rub butter all over their hands before a game. If their receivers can catch the ball and they stay on top of their running game, yes.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

hahaha,time will tell. Everyone seems to be sold on this Patriot invincibility when one play this Sunday could change everything. My main focus is the bloodbath between the Steelers and Ravens Saturday, then we'll see. Brady so far has been able to stay pretty clean, let's see now that the stakes are higher. The Packers do look good but if you think they're just gonna run through Atlanta, think again.

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
hahaha,time will tell. Everyone seems to be sold on this Patriot invincibility when one play this Sunday could change everything. My main focus is the bloodbath between the Steelers and Ravens Saturday, then we'll see. Brady so far has been able to stay pretty clean, let's see now that the stakes are higher. The Packers do look good but if you think they're just gonna run through Atlanta, think again.
I'd prefer the Steelers to win over the Patriots any day, but the Pats just seem like a more solid pick. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm definitely thinking Pittsburgh over the Ravens. I don't think Baltimore will walk all over the Steelers like they did Kansas City. Cassel chocked in that game from the start.

The Falcons/Packers match up should be awesome. The Packers were already beat by them once this year by a last minute field goal, but a win is a win and the Packers are going to go into Atlanta pumped and ready to give some payback.

I can't wait for the Chicago/Seattle game either. I think Chicago will take the win, but I don't think Seattle will get the stomping everyone seems to think they will. Hopefully this game will be an old-fashioned shootout.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Sorry fellas, the Steelers are on the "Stairway to Seven".
that's clever, you'd come up with that all on your own. i think i heard that on the radio this morning...i'm in Bensalem for 2 weeks

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
that's clever, you'd come up with that all on your own. i think i heard that on the radio this morning...i'm in Bensalem for 2 weeks
Actually, it's been around Steeler Nation for a bit now, I just felt it was time to use it:mischievous:

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
if seattle plays like they did against saints....... Chicago is looking for a rough game

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
if Seattle plays like they did against saints....... Chicago is looking for a rough game
It should be an excellent game, but Seattle won't have home-field advantage this time.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
****WARNING***** The national weather service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh next Saturday starting at 4:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely.:mischievous:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
****WARNING***** The national weather service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh next Saturday starting at 4:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely.:mischievous:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2::laugh2:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
now that's good....

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
It must be an epidemic in Pennsylvania. The same thing happened to some birds in Philadelphia last weekend...

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Bears will destroy Seattle IMO... Seahawks were playin on pure emotion last week, after creepin into the playoffs and at home. Theres no way hasselback will have another performance like that, and the bears defense should shut down lynch and any chance of a run game.

But then again theres always the chance of "bad" cutler showing up like he did against greenbay a couple weeks ago.

I would love to see the NFC come down to Bears vs Pack

As far as the AFC, i mean pats are dynamite but wouldn't it be hilarious if the jets pulled another one out this weekend?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
I'm rooting for ravens!!!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Steeler factoids

The Steelers are chasing a 7th super bowl in their 77th season, BEN is # 7, who is in his 7th season, he was also the 11th pick. In order to advance, he must beat the Ravens for the 7th straight time, for a chance to possibly avenge a loss 7 seasons ago, against the team that just so happened to win 7 seasons ago. If Ben wins number 7 in 11, it would also be his 11 playoff victory...

Now don't you all feel enlightened:mischievous:

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
Steeler factoids

The Steelers are chasing a 7th super bowl in their 77th season, BEN is # 7, who is in his 7th season, he was also the 11th pick. In order to advance, he must beat the Ravens for the 7th straight time, for a chance to possibly avenge a loss 7 seasons ago, against the team that just so happened to win 7 seasons ago. If Ben wins number 7 in 11, it would also be his 11 playoff victory...

Now don't you all feel enlightened:mischievous:
So are you trying to say he should endorse 7-11 stores?

I can't wait until this weekend to watch some football!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Brady is 6-1 against the Steelers...but every game is different !!!

I fear the Ravens the most in the AFC..
The Steelers and Ravens are two different fruit from the same tree, The Ravens offense just looks smoother at times. they both hit you in a way that will knock your thought process outside of your helmet. Should be another great low scoring game

Yes, every game is different and everyone should at this point, be at their best which is why I think this Jet\Patriot game will be a lot closer and more contentious than most people think, the fact that Rex Ryan is a ass notwithstanding.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Go Pats....I am looking forward to this one, I hate waiting all week for football to come..

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
This is also my prediction....I want revenge from SB32

Nick3d

Awards
The road to the playoffs may go through New England, but the Ravens are taking it this year.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
The road to the playoffs may go through New England, but the Ravens are taking it this year.
We will see, I am looking forward to the ravens game today....I am not a fan of the Ravens but today I will root for them, I just hate the steelers.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bart Scott: Welker's 'days in a uniform' are numbered

Jets inside linebacker Bart Scott is not laughing off Wes Welker's Thursday comments that included several references to the word "foot," in what many saw as poking fun at New York coach Rex Ryan.

"I'll tell you what," Scott said, according to Newsday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His (Welker's) days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

Welker made 11 references to the word "foot" during his remarks on Thursday, which seemed to be a joking reference to the "foot fetish" videos on the Internet that are believed to feature Ryan and his wife, Michelle.

Ryan would not be drawn into that particular debate on Friday, saying "I can take it. I'm not going to discuss it, but I can take it."

But Antonio Cromartie, who called Tom Brady a nasty name in the New York media early this week, saw it as evidence that the Patriots do talk trash -- but apparently it is buried in some kind of indecipherable code.

"If you read in between the lines, a lot of what they say is directed toward us, but they try to clean it up," Cromartie told Newsday. "It's different, but they are doing the same thing. At the end of the day, it's trash talking no matter how you try to put it, how you try to clean it up."

Trash talk is one thing but this is a little much IMO

Stay Classy Bart !!!!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sexy rexy !! the gift tha keeps on giving..

Last edited:
Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Sexy rexy !! the gift tha keeps on giving..

hahahahahaha!!, Rex on his toes. I will say this though, don't let the Jets win this game because the verbal fest will go to another level.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
STEELERS!!!!!!, nuff said:mischievous::friday:

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
Looks like the Packers are currently stomping a mudhole into the Falcons...

Macabre

Macabre

Awards
Great games today. I'm glad I'm not a Ravens fan or a Falcons fan.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Told you about the dead bird warning, it spread further than I thought.:mischievous:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn that was a good game and Im glad it turned out the way it did.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Congratulations Steelers hope to see you in Foxboro

The team never panicked and took advantage of mistakes made by the Ravens,that is the sign of a very good team..Hopefully we can beat the Jets and the number 1 and 2 seed and the 2 best teams of the decade can meet for the right to go to the superbowl as it should be... After watching Flacco completely melt under pressure it makes me appreciate Brady all that much more.In the past we match very well against agasnst the Steelers i think Brady is 6-1 against them and 2 AFCCG one in Pittsburg and one in Foxboro,but every game is different and history is just that...

Congrats to the Packers,the way they are playing they can beat anybody !!!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
packers ripped Falcons a new one

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Seems that it was a bad day for birds in general, Falcons giving up a 45 burger at home, wow

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
seahawks gettin torn up in the chi... the bird epidemic continues

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GO PATS BABY!!!!! :friday:

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Suggs was right one of them (meaning brady) is going to the superbowl, and the other was going to the.....who cares!!!! See ya loud mouth...Go Pats!!!