Week 7 Recap

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.99%

Exclamation Week 7 Recap

God I feel robbed. What a great showing by the Fins but in the end they couldn't get the few 1st downs required to kick a winning field goal. I was saying that a Dolphins win would have been a bigger deal than a Dolphins loss. But still it doesn't take away the fact that the Fins were this ___ close to a huge upset against arguably the best team in the league. I guess the same could be said for last year too when they had the Saints and the Colts on the ropes but couldn't pull out the win. Congrats and blow me.

Funny side note: I'm here in Fort Leonard Wood, MO going to school for 2 months. I go to watch the Fins game and naturally they are only showing the Rams and the Chiefs games. So I searched out a sports bar with Sunday Ticket and watched the second half. BUT MY WIFE IN AFGHANISTAN WAS ABLE TO WATCH THE WHOLE GAME!!!! LOL

In other news: congrats to the Raiders for SETTING A FRANCHISE RECORD FOR POINTS against the Broncos. How long until McDaniel is crucified? Baltimore just barely saved embarrassment against the Bills. Funny that Ed Reed's Defense gave up 505 yards and had to win in overtime against the cellar-dweller Bills. Gotta love the NFL.

It's looking like the Saints are about to have the final nail-in-the-coffin real soon. When Brees gives up 4 INTs it's definitely the beginning of the end. Against the freaking Browns....

The Panthers got their first win against a REAL ugly 49ers squad. At 1-6 the 9ers gotta be in the "biggest disappointment" conversation. Way too much talent there to get pushed around all year.

And finally in probably the only other big story - Favre had 3 INTs in the second half to pull the Vikings down to 2-4 to join the league's finest "shoulda-woulda" teams.
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.6%

Ahem lets not forget the Pats are Lucky and Good and they apear to be getting better every week. Vikes next!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by neofrost83 View Post
    God I feel robbed. What a great showing by the Fins but in the end they couldn't get the few 1st downs required to kick a winning field goal. I was saying that a Dolphins win would have been a bigger deal than a Dolphins loss. But still it doesn't take away the fact that the Fins were this ___ close to a huge upset against arguably the best team in the league. I guess the same could be said for last year too when they had the Saints and the Colts on the ropes but couldn't pull out the win. Congrats and blow me.

Funny side note: I'm here in Fort Leonard Wood, MO going to school for 2 months. I go to watch the Fins game and naturally they are only showing the Rams and the Chiefs games. So I searched out a sports bar with Sunday Ticket and watched the second half. BUT MY WIFE IN AFGHANISTAN WAS ABLE TO WATCH THE WHOLE GAME!!!! LOL

In other news: congrats to the Raiders for SETTING A FRANCHISE RECORD FOR POINTS against the Broncos. How long until McDaniel is crucified? Baltimore just barely saved embarrassment against the Bills. Funny that Ed Reed's Defense gave up 505 yards and had to win in overtime against the cellar-dweller Bills. Gotta love the NFL.

It's looking like the Saints are about to have the final nail-in-the-coffin real soon. When Brees gives up 4 INTs it's definitely the beginning of the end. Against the freaking Browns....

The Panthers got their first win against a REAL ugly 49ers squad. At 1-6 the 9ers gotta be in the "biggest disappointment" conversation. Way too much talent there to get pushed around all year.

And finally in probably the only other big story - Favre had 3 INTs in the second half to pull the Vikings down to 2-4 to join the league's finest "shoulda-woulda" teams.

Nice wrap-up, as a Dolphin fan obviously the end of that game had to suck for you. I on the other hand am very happy with the outcome, sometimes luck plays a big part in sports.

Brett Favre was the epitome of his history last night. Brilliant one minute, OMG wtf the next.

In a lot of ways this has to be to this point the oddest\most interesting season in recent memory.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.99%

In the end I can't be too upset, though. The Fins lost by one point and a (In My Opinion) blown call to the best team in the league.

In other news Romo is out 6-8 weeks with a broken clavicle and the Cowboys are now doomed to be pulling usher duty at the Super Bowl
    Wouldn't it be great if the Cowboys ripped off like 9 straight wins with Kitna at the helm? Ahhh the possibilities are endless for that one.

Also Favre has stress fractures (yes, more than one) in his ankle and foot and may actually have to sit out for a game breaking his crazy streak. **** 'em...serves him right for being a self centered media-whore. And on top of that it's looking like the allegations of lewd conduct with the Jets' media lady (or whatever) is proving more and more true. Hmmmmm.....if ya just woulda stayed home, Brett......
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.
  5. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

As a Viks fan, I wish Favre would go away. As much as I appreciate what he did last year, we need to move on...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dolphins vs Vikings Recap
    By neofrost83 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 07:36 PM
  2. Crushed Spawn - Recap them?
    By gymbo123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 02:43 PM
  3. Saturday Recap
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 1