Fantasy Football Convo

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so i'm a fantasy football junkie, usually do 3 or 4 leagues each year all for money

just wanted to know whos everyones likes/dislikes, sleepers/busts....just a general convo about what your thinking going into this year

for me it seems like the RB's after the top 4 really drop off....the top 4 for me are AP, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and MJD in no specific order

after that rb's like frank gore, stephen jackson, michael turner all are injury prone and alittle risky

players i think that are going to high include miles austin and desean jackson....miles did it for one year and defenses are going to be on to him this year, a lot of his td's last year appeared like they were one on one coverage and the back missed the tackle, not anything spectacular, i don't like desean jackson because they have a new qb but mostly because a lot of his tds came long distance, so the chances of repeating that are slim

players i think are under the radar include michael crabtree, steve smith of the giants, and jeremy maclin

i think all these wr's could put up good points in PPR league but will also get necessary yards to contribute to your team, they might not all be top flight receivers but they are getting drafted later than i thought they would

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i agree with you on the rb's dropping off, i feel the same about the top 5 recievers. i usually try to stack my wr's in my ppr leagues. i usually am in 2 to 3 leagues myself. i think beanie wells will shine over hightower in az this year. austin collie should have another great year. i am going to gamble on the henne/marshall tandem personally.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a few other receivers i'm not interested include fitzgerald as i think his numbers will drop off with warner gone, the two i mentioned above and steve smith from the panthers, because their qb woes and him breaking bones and what not

i do like the marshall/henne in PPR league marshall can be a beast, as he showed a few times last year

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
I like Ray Rice, and with the extra attentions D will need to give to Boldin and the Raves wideouts, Rice is gonna have even more room to party. Plus he plays the Browns twice.

Big years should come from Crabtree and dont forget Braylan Edwards. With Santonio Holmes to strech the D, Edwards could be huge. I know its sounds weird, but Teddy Ginn could be big with defenses bent on locking down Crabtree. Might be worth a look in the later rounds.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree, ray rice is the man, i had him last year on my one team and he tore it up, almost unfair, he'd only get like 60 yards rushing but would get like 8 catchs for another 40 yards, and score higher than most other running backs

my team last year consisted of
aaron rogers
ray rice
brandon marshall
new york jets defense....but thats not considering the bust players i had in LT, terrell owens, and the injuries i had of ronnie brown, and owen daniels

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i had rice also, great utility player. if crabtree stops acting stupid he has alot of great potential. sanchez has some great weapons to work with his sophomore year lets see if he can beat the second year curse. as of last night, i am excited to watch the Cincinnati drama unfold between the 2 prima donnas, but damn, what a tandem huh? i am totally down for an am ffl

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i had rice also, great utility player. if crabtree stops acting stupid he has alot of great potential. sanchez has some great weapons to work with his sophomore year lets see if he can beat the second year curse. as of last night, i am excited to watch the Cincinnati drama unfold between the 2 prima donnas, but damn, what a tandem huh? i am totally down for an am ffl
someone ran one last year and i'm in one league on another site, maybe if we could get some sponsers to throw up some goodies as prizes it would be awesome.......yeah cincy is interesting, i'm not high on cedric benson but i think this makes him more valuable because the defense def can't stack the line against him

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
And we should so get together and AM league!
I would be down for this...

was in 2 leagues last year, got to finals in both leagues, won one and split it with the guy in the other, ended up being a very nice pay day...

the team i remember i had
T. Romo
C. Benson (got him late in draft i think close to round 8)
M. Turner (traded for jamal charles rite before he turned it up haha)
steve smith (NYG) got him in like last round of draft
ocho cinco
V. Davis (after drafting him 2 years in a row he finally turned it up)

i forget the rest of that team i remember having another great wr and decent rb though

played free agent wire with the def and kickers

HurtinPounds

Awards
I wouldn't want Rice. He's still going through the "Jones Drew" who was handicapped by Fred Taylor. McGahee and McClain, not too mention this will be the year Flacco is let loose. It's going to be a year or two before Rice truly puts up top 3 numbers in my opinion.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't want Rice. He's still going through the "Jones Drew" who was handicapped by Fred Taylor. McGahee and McClain, not too mention this will be the year Flacco is let loose. It's going to be a year or two before Rice truly puts up top 3 numbers in my opinion.
i disagree, i think rice is the 3rd best rb right now, mcgahee isn't going to steal td's again this year and mcclain won't get enough carries, and their team is good enough so defenses can't stack the line like they can with MJD and even peterson if farve doesn't return, plus rice's pass catching ability makes him unstoppable in PPR leagues

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
ya rice is ranked top 5 in all pre season ffl rankings. with boldin lining up on the outside, the defense can't stack the box to stop rice. also look how good he is at receiving out in the flats. he's a versatile player, and will see more goal line touches this year. on a side note, i need to decide on one keeper in my big money league, and it's down to rice or manning, looking for feedback on this one guys.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya rice is ranked top 5 in all pre season ffl rankings. with boldin lining up on the outside, the defense can't stack the box to stop rice. also look how good he is at receiving out in the flats. he's a versatile player, and will see more goal line touches this year. on a side note, i need to decide on one keeper in my big money league, and it's down to rice or manning, looking for feedback on this one guys.
rice and manning thats tough, i'd take rice because strong rb's are limited this year, theres the top 4 and after that it drops and theres some shaky players, as far as manning, he's consitent, so you know what your going to get but theres other qb's out there that will put up similar numbers

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
ya exactly, all the mock drafts i've seen are pulling rb's and wr's off the boards, i haven't seen any of the top 5 qb's off the board until late 2nd round, early 3rd. damn this dilemma lol. my draft is next week, so i've got some time.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya exactly, all the mock drafts i've seen are pulling rb's and wr's off the boards, i haven't seen any of the top 5 qb's off the board until late 2nd round, early 3rd. damn this dilemma lol. my draft is next week, so i've got some time.
yeah i look at it this way, potentially rice is going to blow turner, gore, and jackson out of the water on week to week scoring, but manning really won't have that many more points then lets say a matt schaub who you can still get

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
true, after manning, brees, and brady, all the qb's are going to give the same consistency. i am leaning towards keeping rice and will try to stack my wr's and rb's.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
true, after manning, brees, and brady, all the qb's are going to give the same consistency. i am leaning towards keeping rice and will try to stack my wr's and rb's.
i like aaron rogers as well, but i agree, i like wr depth this year, sorta, theres a lot of top 10 wr's that i dont' want but ppl will take and leave the ones i do want for me to get later on

HurtinPounds

Awards
Nothing to do with Ray Rice's ability to be top 3. It's the team using other options that gets in the way. I can guarantee you that Rice will not be ran into the ground, which is every FF owner's dream.

They're keeping McGahee around for that reason, when everyone thought or thinks he should be cut. McClain will also get his share.

I know the AFC North. I know the Ravens. This is how it will be. Add to the fact that the Defense is aging, and may have to come back from games, Joe Flacco no longer being on a leash, Boldin, etc (which all minimizes the whole run the ball / play good defense motto).

Go ahead and keep looking at rankings to make your picks and I'll keep winning championships :)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to do with Ray Rice's ability to be top 3. It's the team using other options that gets in the way. I can guarantee you that Rice will not be ran into the ground, which is every FF owner's dream.

They're keeping McGahee around for that reason, when everyone thought or thinks he should be cut. McClain will also get his share.

I know the AFC North. I know the Ravens. This is how it will be. Add to the fact that the Defense is aging, and may have to come back from games, Joe Flacco no longer being on a leash, Boldin, etc (which all minimizes the whole run the ball / play good defense motto).

Go ahead and keep looking at rankings to make your picks and I'll keep winning championships :)
i won a championship with ray rice last year....he doesn't need to be run in the ground because he gets catches and touches that way

you do understand there was 2 players last year with over 2000 total yards, chris johnson and ray rice right? the guys a beast and should be taken top 3 or 4 in any and all leagues

HurtinPounds

Awards
i won a championship with ray rice last year....he doesn't need to be run in the ground because he gets catches and touches that way

you do understand there was 2 players last year with over 2000 total yards, chris johnson and ray rice right? the guys a beast and should be taken top 3 or 4 in any and all leagues
yeah but you got him in the 4th round or later... in other words, you had one of the breakout players, on top of your first round pick.

Rice will put up consistent numbers no doubt, and that's what you want from your first pick. I'm mainly referring to what happened with Jones Drew. Everyone knew he was a beast, but Fred Taylor wouldn't go away. He was handicapped from a fantasy perspective.

If you want to stay ahead of the curve, I see Rashard Mendenhall being that guy this year who moves up to the top 5 in next years rankings.

First 4 or 6 weeks without Ben, they will HAVE to establish a running game (in which they pretty much avoided doing so, because they wanted to allow Ben to play his way). The OL will finally get an identity, and it'll only carry over and go from there once Ben gets back (who will be rested and ready). Not too mention, Polamalu is back, which means the Defense is no longer letting up touchdowns.

Rooney also made it clear that they will return to smashmouth football.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mendenhall is alittle scary to me, he didn't show me much last year even when he did start, their o line is puke...i prefer someone like shonn greene, a better o-line, better defense, and they r already proven to have more rushes than any team since 04

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Are we doing a fantasy league this year? OCC23 ran it 2 years ago, last year I didn't make the bigger league was only in a retarded 6 team league.

Holla - I want in again!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are we doing a fantasy league this year? OCC23 ran it 2 years ago, last year I didn't make the bigger league was only in a retarded 6 team league.

Holla - I want in again!
yeah theres a league being set up, i dunno if i'm going to be in it, it's set up that u buy a supplement and donate it to the pot and then it's divided out to the winners i believe

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
a few other receivers i'm not interested include fitzgerald as i think his numbers will drop off with warner gone, the two i mentioned above and steve smith from the panthers, because their qb woes and him breaking bones and what not

i do like the marshall/henne in PPR league marshall can be a beast, as he showed a few times last year
Historically Matt Leinart leans even harder on Larry Fitzgerald than Warner, just sayin'. Could be different with no Boldin this year but as long as the MCL injury doesn't affect him I think Fitz will have a same ol' same ol' type of year.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
teams will double cover fitz since they don't have to worry about boldin now, and if leinart is his same unconfident self, then they will rely more on wells and hightower. fitzgerald is a great receiver don't get me wrong, but i don't believe in leinart, he's only starting cause warner finally retired.

HurtinPounds

Awards
yeah theres a league being set up, i dunno if i'm going to be in it, it's set up that u buy a supplement and donate it to the pot and then it's divided out to the winners i believe
Why is "winner" plural?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did 2 of my big 4 fantasy drafts yesterday, unfortunately i got the 2nd pick in both leagues

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
who'd u take? i had my first big one and got 1st pick, i took CJ but wasn't thrilled about it.
i went with AP in both, i like the 2nd pick because i'm not crazy about cj or ap so i let the 1st pick make the decision for me almost...then since i'm late in the 2nd round i let ppl decide the next pick for me, in one league i got deangelo williams and the other ryan mathews

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
I ended up deciding on receiver-receiver when I had my back to back picks the next round. Grabbed Brandon Marshall and Greg Jennings.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ended up deciding on receiver-receiver when I had my back to back picks the next round. Grabbed Brandon Marshall and Greg Jennings.
yeah my brother did that in our drafts, in one he got fitzgerald and marshall, and the other got moss and miles austin

my receivers are at best questionable, i have roddy white in both which i like a lot, my other receivers in one league are boldin and sidney, and the other is steve smith (car) and chad ocho

HurtinPounds

Awards
I like Ryan Matthews as the 7th best back after the big 6.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i got ap and mathews in my one league so you can def get him in the 2nd round after an early 1st round pick.....qb's flew off the board real fast in both of the drafts i did...my other tandem is ap and deangelo williams

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i ended up with beanie wells, mendenhall, and jamaal charles for my main 3 rb's. grabbed andre johnson and t.o. and malcom floyd for my main wr's. we will see, i'm not too thrilled.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my main players for my teams include:

eli, ap, deangelo williams, roddy white, steve smith (car), chad ochocinco, beanie wells, reggie bush, owen daniels

kolb, ap, ryan mathews, roddy white, aquan boldin, johnathon stewart, owen daniels, kellen winslow, and i had sidney rice, but that didn't work out for me

still have two drafts to go

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
DUDE!!! theres a few of us in our big money league and we got f***ed with the snake draft that didn't snake. i should have the 9th and 12th pick and instead got the 9th and 19th pick so the guy who picked 2nd in the first round picked 2nd in the 2nd round. he ends up with ap and michael turner. tell me how thats fair? lol. anyways i ended up with ray rice, ronnie brown, roddy white, brandon marshall, jermichael finley and matt ryan as my mainstays. enough of my rant. college ball this week brothers, and next week, woooo!!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DUDE!!! theres a few of us in our big money league and we got f***ed with the snake draft that didn't snake. i should have the 9th and 12th pick and instead got the 9th and 19th pick so the guy who picked 2nd in the first round picked 2nd in the 2nd round. he ends up with ap and michael turner. tell me how thats fair? lol. anyways i ended up with ray rice, ronnie brown, roddy white, brandon marshall, jermichael finley and matt ryan as my mainstays. enough of my rant. college ball this week brothers, and next week, woooo!!!
oh i'd never draft in a league like that, my buddies were in a league like that, but they'd draw numbers every other round, it didn't make sense to me

not a big fan of college football, it's not for me, no defense, the offenses run the stupiest plays, it's just to rag tag fo rme

EDIT: EXCEPT FOR PENN STATE

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
If you guys havn't already done so- Vick mis a great free agent pickup if you can grab him. I picked him off of free agency when Kolb went down with a concussion - I knew Vick would at least start that next week with the NFL being so wrapped up in the concussion issues. But Reid just announced yesterday that Vick is the full time starter even though Kolb is healthy! Vick puts up great nukbers reliably due to his rushing yards (usually 1 point per 10 yards - as opposed to 1 point for ever 25 passing yards).

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
he got snagged last week in my leagues. i've got matt ryan, eli, and chad henne, so im not too worried. i'm still waiting for rice to actually give me a decent score, thank god for my receivers.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm not a fan of vick for the simple principles that even in his prime as a starter, he was still only average if not below average, if he's held in check on rushing then his passing yard usually in the 100's don't amount to many points

however when he played for the falcons he has zero receivers and crumpler was his best option, now he has desean jackson and atleast he can turn a 5 yard pass into a 50 yard td which will pad the scoring

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i totally agree gotti. he was never a superb passer, just a good runner. i do think he has gotten smarter when it comes to just taking off and waiting for the play to unfold. he did it sunday when he had to spin out of the pocket but still found a receiver to check down to.