Philadelphia Eagles fans, no haters please - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Philadelphia Eagles fans, no haters please

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Reid is the biggest draw back to that team. He is a horrible in game coach, and as was said before, is very quick to place blame on everyone else. I am curious to see what happens to him if this team does not meet its potential this year.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i can totally see why everybody hates on him, but he is better than 90% of the NFL coaches.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

It's true akers missing those kicks cost us a win but how many wins have the eagles had because of akers? It was a bizzare fluke that he missed those two kicks.

I blame a coach for winning so much because he should be winning with the kind of talent they have had over the years. It's the little things that win a game. The basics. The "small ball" of baseball. Poor play calling. Times when you the fan knows what they are gonna do and so does the opposing defense yet they run the play anyway. No surprise. It's like with the phillies. How do you beat them. You throw them off speed stuff. They suck at hitting curveballs and sliders but they still approach each game with the fastball mindset. If they are gonna win the world series they HAVE to be patient and learn how to hit the off speed stuff because teams like the Giants know this. This second series with the giants will tell it all I think.

Last year they averaged 5 some yards a carry. Simple math tells you run the ball more but reid can't add. That "small ball" rush here and there leads to first downs. With that average yards per carry that tells you you have a decent chance at getting a first down on 3 rushing plays. Why not implement that!

We don't need to get into his time management...

Regarding shawn, how can you replace a LEGEND like Jim Johnson? That made him look worse then he was. I think the injuries and just plain lack of talent had the most to do with the lack of defense.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

lack of talent and injuries had a major part with the D. as far as the GB game, i would say we had a good plan. we were the only team to get beat by GB 5 points or less. smallest losing margin in means of points. GB killed all the other teams basically. and vick didnt pick up the blitz...thats his fault, not the coaches. he needs to study, which he is this off season.

as far as the run game, the reason its so good is because we never do it, if that makes sense. teams expect us to throw on 2nd and 8, yet we run the draw and catches them off guard and go for a gain of 7. but i do wish we ran a bit more.

Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Dude, your giving me horrific flash backs of GB blitzing. There was no blocking! Vick stood no chance! The way they were getting blitzed they should of put a DL as tight end and make him block. Along with the full back. They never adjusted to the blitz. They let them keep coming over and over. I seriously was convinced they wanted vick hospitalized. I couldn't disagree more with Vick not picking up the blitz, he was running for his life almost every down.

I think your running theory has some logic but I also feel like we all know when they are running. I feel like they are the easiest team to read in the NFL and we only get by because of sheer talent. Guys getting open and making plays.

BTW it's been reported that the EAGLES have made a post-retirement offer to Randy Moss. With all this talent, I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to come to the eagles even if their offer isn't exactly what he wants. Unless at this point nothing will bring him back in.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i can totally see why everybody hates on him, but he is better than 90% of the NFL coaches.
    I gotta disagree. He has had some serious talent in the past, and has underachieved often. On top of that, his in game skill as a coach is terrible.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

Reputation Reputation Reputation

my biggest knock on him is he is really really bad when things get tight and he has to make changes.hopefully this doesn't happen again this year.
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

with mcnabb, we have never had real offensive talent other than westbrook and owens for a year. even with no start go to WR, we went to the playoffs like 9/11 years...not every team can say that. and what has stayed the same on the team? the coach, andy reid. players have come and gone, and yet every year it seems like we are in the playoffs. andy knows how to coach. he just has flaws like every other coach. who is better than andy? i know bellicheck, but who else? if i had to pick a head coach other than bill b, i would pick andy 10times outta 10 no question. dude wins games.

and how can u say hes not better than most coaches in nfl? he has the more wins and more playoff appearances than 90% of the league.

Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I always felt They should of kept Jon Gruden and made him head coach and got rid of Reid a long time ago. Look what he did in Tampa. They didn't exactly have the greatest team on paper either. His first season he went 12-4 and won a superbowl!

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Gruden would be good. but look what reid has done. he brought in the best O line and D line coaches in the league. hes trying hid best.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I always felt They should of kept Jon Gruden and made him head coach and got rid of Reid a long time ago. Look what he did in Tampa. They didn't exactly have the greatest team on paper either. His first season he went 12-4 and won a superbowl!
    indeed he did.I'ma huge TB fa by the way

.andy is a good coach but when its time to make changes he's awful
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    .andy is a good coach but when its time to make changes he's awful
    Exactly! I'm not saying he's the worst coach out there, I'm just saying when it counts, when it really really counts he lets you down. I also think his biggest downfall is his ability to change. He has a set way of doing things and that's IT! Sure he might have integrity but he can take a big lesson in humility.

Also in philadelphia fans love someone when they give them a little honesty. We respect that they can't tell all and we understand that but give us a little something, a little emotion. Reid has never done that. He gives the most political answers I've ever seen in any other NFL coach or player. I will say though, bring us a championship and we will forgive REID of all his sins and he will be acquited of all charges! haha

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

he doesnt change cause what he does works.

Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

If it truly worked we'd have a championship. It just shows the pieces that are missing are so small because we get close every year but so big at the same time because we can't finish. If Reid just worked on the few missing pieces mentioned above, we'd have a championship. We would of had a couple. I feel very strong about that.

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

i know we want a ring, but we have had more success than most. im very thankful that i can look forward to a playoff run every season

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    If it truly worked we'd have a championship. It just shows the pieces that are missing are so small because we get close every year but so big at the same time because we can't finish. If Reid just worked on the few missing pieces mentioned above, we'd have a championship. We would of had a couple. I feel very strong about that.
    I agree
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

wow....steve smith....i love the players abilities, hate the player (ex giant)

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

oh, back to philly talk....i agree with alot of what you both are saying, and yes, he does screw up. but we have a tendency to take advantage and for granted what we have. we win so many games. not very many teams can say that. and we win with alot of people injured. every year it seems we start off with SB or bust, then we get hurt (knock on ALOT of wood!) and just hope to make it to the playoffs . if we stayed healthy for a few of these past years, i truly think we would have make it to the SB. we had a TERRIBLE RCB last year and we almost beat GB....we have talent. especially this year. lets go win us a ring now

Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Last night breakdown.

Offensive line was offensive!!! Vick getting slammed to the ground time after time. Horrible flashbacks of last year. I thought I was seeing replays! Vick had no time to drop back and step into a throw. They HAVE to fix this! uggggghhh!!!!!

Unlike last week they adjusted. Mccoy did a excellent job catching short passes in the old familiar brian westbrook role. Shady looks real good and he's gonna be a big threat this year. Brown is looking like a solid back up as well.

The defense made drastic improvements. Matthews stepped up big time in this game. Maybe there's hope that he can be a solid MLB. Chaney looked good on the outside. Maybe they got 2 LB's secured? We can only hope.

Special teams is looking better then last year but it's really hard to tell with the new kick off rule. Ball seems to be always at the 20 no matter what. New kickers look pretty solid so far.

anyone see that what if m vick was white ****?? wtf was that stuff about??
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

yeah that was messed up mich.

as far as the O line, look....Todd has been moved to RT and evan mathis is LG, which pro football talk rated him the 10th best G in the NFL. It will be bumpy at first with two rookies on the line, but our screen game is gonna b sick with kelce in there. boy can move. if he plays bad vs the rams, i want him out for sure.

Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I'm glad mike got paid but some of that money should have went to protecting him. All that money means nothing once he gets hurt. That's what I"m most worried about. He won't get protection so he'll scramble and mike's animal kicks in and he's no wuse, he'll be going head first for first downs if it comes down to it. It sure is nice to have a real leader on this team though. Donavan was just not that guy. I think that's always been a big missing link, along with Reid's coaching mistakes. I think Donavan did got tired in the superbowl but I know for sure that Vick wouldn't have neither would he. He will single handedly win games for this team. Especially at crunch time.

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

i agree on the O line, but we havent seen THIS O line play yet. it could be alot better, it could be worse. it seems to be, on paper, ALOT better. Todd H has always wanted to play RT so he has the desire to. This will also help Danny Watkins since Todd is an established vet. Danny wont have a scrub playing next to him

reid has had some solid teams.I at least expect them to make it to the nfc champ game.but of course they will lose to my bucs in this game
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Can't believe they are still shuffling the line around! Danny Watkins is out now! This whole season is gonna be a experiment, and I see Vick doing a lot of scrambling. The lack of mini camps and training is really hurting.

Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I thought they were going to dismember the 49ers but they truly gave that one away. They'll have to go 8-2 the rest of the way to get in the Play-Offs IMO. They may even win the division if they beat Dallas twice and the Giants in the next match up

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hope they turn it around....Like ALL THE WAY around!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Philadelphia Eagles Position by Position breakdown
    By R1balla in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
  2. Sushi: Philadelphia Roll
    By Kraker in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM
  3. 2006-07 Philadelphia Flyers Season Highlight
    By anabolicrhino in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0