Philadelphia Eagles fans, no haters please

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys feel about this offseason? So many injuries already and the camp hasnt even gotten started!!! The offensive line really needs to recover; Todd with another surgery, Jackson's recovery is uncertain, who knows how Max will play with a lap band, Peters/Andrews very questionable production. I was so surprised we didnt draft a lineman high, what a weird draft for Reid.

Also the secondary is very shaky. hopefully Nate Allen came contribute, otherwise another 25+ pass TD given up year.

Im loving the youth movement and im a huge Kolb believer, just hope it was all worth it. Also why did we let Witherspoon go??? finally a solid linebacker and Banner cheaped out again.

please no cowgirl, giants or deadskins fans.

MARCUSUSA

Awards
E.A.G.L.E.S. EAGLESSS rule Phillies rule FLyers rule SIxers suck.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm a giants fan, but i'll be realistic, kevin kolb could be a cheap mans aaron rogers and jeremy maclin is the next coming of torry holt....but desean jackson's career has just started but i feel like it won't last long, he's to small and injurys will eventually slow him down and thats what makes him the player he is.....i love their pick up of ernie sims, he's a 100 tackle a year guy, and with a healthy stewart bradley can create problems, nate allen will be good but theres always rookie mistakes that are going to happen....i'm also not sold on lesean mccoy, loved the pick but i haven't seen him do anything to positive last year or this pre season...he doesn't seem to be the explosive play maker that westbrook was, i know he set rookie rushing records for the eagles but i felt like it was a silent way of doing it, i followed him last year when he started because i had him on fantasy and every week the rushing totals were pretty bad, yet the receiving numbers in terms of catches were good

anyway my final predicition is that this year is going to be an off year for the eagles, young guys, new starter, and as you mentioned injuries....lots of growing pains, however i do see a bright future in kolbs second year of starting at qb

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
living in philly and being an eagles fan my whole life i believe nate allen is gona be the future and heart of the eagles d just as dawkins was and I believe Kold has very high potential to be an elite qb in NFL. Our problem is I believe our offensive line sucks!!!! Also i feel vick is horrible with wildcat and we should use him differently.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
lets be honest noone likes the cowgirls or tony homo and i know the eagles choked last season but cowgirls are goin nowhere in 2010. I am excited to see them play each other this season though should be a great game with a eagles victory!!!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
A lot rides on Kolb and the O-line. I think our defense has to be better this year cause it was horrible last year! As far as predictions I have no idea. I am looking forward to seeing what Kolb does cause the last few seasons have only been frustration and we needed change. I feel bad that Mcnabb took most of the hit. I can't stand the Eagles front office and I can't stand Andy Reid. Any other team would have fired him a year or 2ago. That's the nature of the business I guess.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
agreed defense needs to be sharp this year and this could be the end of the reid era if the eagles are just horrible. I also felt bad for mcnabb at times but in the end mcnabb could just never get the job done and im happy to see kolb as the starting qb this season. The eagles are a whole new team alot of young players with high potental and i believe the eagles have a bright future.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
agreed defense needs to be sharp this year and this could be the end of the reid era if the eagles are just horrible. I also felt bad for mcnabb at times but in the end mcnabb could just never get the job done and im happy to see kolb as the starting qb this season. The eagles are a whole new team alot of young players with high potental and i believe the eagles have a bright future.
If mcnabb had the weapons he would have had this year when he was in his prime things would be a lot different! He was never a pocket QB and I hated the fact that the eagles made him be something he was not. In the end they set him up for failure. You have to play with your strengths, not try to get comfortable with your weaknesses. The front office was also very comfortable with macnabb taking a majority of the blame for why they didn't win.

With youth they have a lot of speed. Hopefully that pays off this year!

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
i look at it this way the receiver is just as good as the qb. If you have an on point qb the receiver will be just as good. If u have a horrible qb thats never good. Mcnabb had the weapons and he did hook up with them many times but over the years of the playoffs and super bowl where it mattered the most he choked. I agree that mcnabb should have never had to put up with all the criticism but hey philly fans are the toughest and any pro athleate in philly will tell u that and if u cant play to the fans expectations and not be able to put up with criticism then get out. All these years mcnabb has played for the eagles not 1 superbowl ring to show. What a shame. Hopefully Kolb get 1 or a few rings!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
what im most concerned is the defensive backs, we've been burned quite a few times this offseason. also no one is hitting hard, besides Asante(!!!) in the last game. we are just not physical up front so everytime someone runs the ball on us they get 3-4 yards easyy

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
yeaa eagles are horrible with stopping the run. Lol how bout that hit asante had the last game? beautiful hit!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
havent seen much hitting from Sims either, he was being talked about as being a head hunter

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
yeaa i heard the same havnt seen much from him though.

dropshot001

Awards
the whole season hinges on whether or not kolb can step up. i actually see them utilizing maclin and jackson and the wildcat a lot more this season because of it

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I'm neutral towards the Eagles but I had a couple classes with McCoy in college and always root for him. I think he'll only improve from last year so long as his coaches really work with him on pass blocking. Celek can be a beast too -- I think both of those guys will have great years.

Additionally, nobody should like the Cowboys.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
At this point based on what has happened in the pre season, the Eagles have a good a chance as anyone to win the East. The Cowboys once again have a gang of talent that will under achieve especially on offense.

MARCUSUSA

Awards
Hopefully the birds can go 10-6 Kolb is the MAN! He is going to be GREAT. I expect him to struggle often in his first full year. I'm just glad we have a QB who can read a defense and is accurate. Mc Nasty was so depressing. I haven't been this pumped for the season to start since T.O. was an Eagle!

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
My name is based off the eagles fight song

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
lets be honest noone likes the cowgirls or tony homo and i know the eagles choked last season but cowgirls are goin nowhere in 2010. I am excited to see them play each other this season though should be a great game with a eagles victory!!!
0-3? Choked doesnt really do that justice. Eagles fans are just terrible people.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
0-3? Choked doesnt really do that justice. Eagles fans are just terrible people.
I specifically asked for no cowgirls fans in this thread. make your own and troll there. we choked last year and that was a signal to rebuild. every city has rough fans, if you got beer poured on you at the eagles game..it could have happened just as easily somewhere else.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how about the G-Men Fans.....the only qb in the division with a super bowl ring is...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
you can contribute to the discussion all you want, minus the dissing. I didnt make a Giants bashing thread did I

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
in other news, this O line is seriously playing like sh#t. peters jumped offsides like 3 times last game, dude you are the probowl left tackle!!!!! rotating rookies and undrafted guys at center. herremans is getting pushed around. like the article on philly.com today says, Reid and Roseman definitely fd up by not drafting some good linemen.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you can contribute to the discussion all you want, minus the dissing. I didnt make a Giants bashing thread did I
i gave my opinion, didn't bash or diss, and my last statement is just that, a statement, i didn't aim any negativity towards anyone or any team

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
what im most concerned is the defensive backs, we've been burned quite a few times this offseason.
When Weapon X (Brian Dawkins) left it left a HUGE hole in the back field. The safety's were HORRIBLE last year. Almost none existent and the Linebacks were not doing their job in the middle either. SO many passes were made over the middle to them. Offenses saw the weakness and executed.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Mcnabb

I have some quotes from the latest GQ magazine article about Mcnabb. Some things definetely came out.

Mcnabb- "I had a meeting set up with Andy and Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurice after the season. We sat down and talked and I got everything off my chest from 99 on. It went all the way back to the T.O. situation, to us not winning big games, me being criticized or whatever, and how no one in the organization ever stepped up and said anything. They'll say something to you in the building, but not publicly. My feeling was "I'm always defending you guys, but where's the support? The eagles front office assumed , "Ohh, he'll be fine, He'll just blow it off". but we all have feelings , we all have families."

It's weird not even being in the clubhouse I picked that up about the front office. Andy has always been very non-emotional, say nothing kind of guy and always re-directed questions or gave the typical cop out answers. They really left Donavon out to dry. I'm glad he finally came out with it.

About chocking in the superbowl he said:

" It was blown out of proportion. And No, at no point did I throw up. I got hit and dumped on my face a couple of times. I had grassy in my helmet, and MAYBE I LOST MY WIND a little bit, but nothing to the point where I would come out of the game"

I find it interesting that he said "maybe I lost my wind". He's not saying that he didn't get completely winded because he wasn't in peak shape or was tired. I do believe that he was exhausted and should of been in better shape that season and seasons since. I don't feel he has worked that hard off-season to condition himself properly. Before he relied more on this youth. As he got older he slacked on his training.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
agreed getting rid of bdawk was a huge mistake and the eagles are in need of some strong o linemen who can protect kolb

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
ive wached this video so many times. Gets me so hype!!!
Best safty in eagles history without a doubt!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
When Weapon X (Brian Dawkins) left it left a HUGE hole in the back field. The safety's were HORRIBLE last year. Almost none existent and the Linebacks were not doing their job in the middle either. SO many passes were made over the middle to them. Offenses saw the weakness and executed.
ehh last year dawkins was a glorified LB, JJ used him primarily to blitz and play the run. when he had to cover a fast receiver he got burned quitea few times. in years past we invested so many picks into OL and DL that we were very slim in DBs. plus bradley was injured so it was a different MLB starting every game.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
ehh last year dawkins was a glorified LB, JJ used him primarily to blitz and play the run. when he had to cover a fast receiver he got burned quitea few times. in years past we invested so many picks into OL and DL that we were very slim in DBs. plus bradley was injured so it was a different MLB starting every game.
Yeah B-Dawk doesn't have the speed he used to but as it showed he still would of done better then what we had last year. They had no plan B. Like you said did not invest in DB's. Poor management. Plus B-Dawk's intensity is unmatched. The leadership would have really helped the young one's this year. Maybe he would not have been suited to be a fulltime safety this year but atleast rotate him in where he is stil strong. On certain plays.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm glad that:
A) I DVRd today's Philly v NYG game
B) that I watched the entire game

3-24 G-Men, at half-time...

:D

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Best Eagles win probably ever. It's very unusual to see so much emotion from coach reid. He may start to win over the city with that.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't believe that the Giants weren't ready for that onside kick. Reid has definitely been known to call for the onside kick, no?

Edit: I just saw this quote from Coughlin about the onside kick -

“We talked about the onside kick as a possibility We didn’t put our hands team in there, no. There were still seven and a half minutes to go and they were down two scores, so we didn’t think it was necessary to do that at that time. There was no reason for us not to make a better play on the ball. We didn’t have anybody even around the ball.”

“The upside is to try to get field position for your offensive team. Seven and a half minutes to go, let’s have a return and position — we had been doing a good job returning. However, all people up front, again, were told to watch out for the onside kick.”

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! take us to the promise land VICK

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Best Eagles win probably ever. It's very unusual to see so much emotion from coach reid. He may start to win over the city with that.
"Im so excited I might put on a fur coat!!!"

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The onside kick was just perfect too. It had everyone fooled in my house. Akers really looked like he was kicking it down field and he just shanked it. I've never seen a better onside kick as well. It was nice to see celek finally getting the ball along with a big game for maclin. Move aside Tom brady.. VICK MVP.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's one of those days in Philly where a rocky video is mandatory.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
haha you guys are the ones whos gotta beat Tom and Co.
And you're the ones who may end up going to Chicago in January. Not saying that the Eagles won't make it but there is still a lot of football to be played yet.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
And you're the ones who may end up going to Chicago in January. Not saying that the Eagles won't make it but there is still a lot of football to be played yet.
Very true, as long as 7 is on the team we got a good chance :)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the eagles are the 3rd seed, if the giants win this weekend they'll be the 6th seed, that means a 3rd game, it's hard enough to beat a more talented team, harder to beat them twice, but almost impossible to beat them 3 times especially when the team has already outplayed the eagles 5 out 8 quarters