1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    i just saw that O lineman on NFL channel at the wisconsin pro day. he looked pretty small. i want us to get a nasty angry mean fat guy with no teeth.
    yea I want another Runyan, and huge bulldozer that makes Tuck look like a baby

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

you guys are talking about Gabe Carimi. He is 6'8" 320....thats a good size lineman right there. and yes, i agree. if we trade kolb, we need to draft CB peterson. dude is raw. develop lindley more and we will have our future CBs
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    you guys are talking about Gabe Carimi. He is 6'8" 320....thats a good size lineman right there. and yes, i agree. if we trade kolb, we need to draft CB peterson. dude is raw. develop lindley more and we will have our future CBs
    o hes that big? ok nvm

yeah peterson is a beast
    BJJ = life
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.71%

phillies and eagles <3
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Danny Watkins is a perfect fit. im pumped

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

me too! hopefully we can get something good from the kolb trade.
    BJJ = life
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Danny Watkins is a perfect fit. im pumped
    He looks like one, but I'm so used to all hype in philly. We haven't had a real leader on the line since runyan. The big thing I'm worried about though is Vick needs someone to cover his blindside, last year he was getting nailed time after time and they did nothing to solve the problem. Wish they would address that issue more openly.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

Justice had a need issue and had surgery during this offseason. He performed well in the beginning of the season. eagles are very high on winston and with Howard Mudd coaching, he can only get better. Speculation has it that, depending on how danny watkins does during camp and preseason if we have one, he will either play RG or LG and todd would move to LG to help with vicks blind side. but that whole blind side, IMO, is a bunch of crap. even if pass rushers come on the opposite side of blind side, vick isnt looking at them, hes looking down field anyways so in reality, every side is a blind side.

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

o man read the article on philly.com about Mudd and his style. eagles players already talking about how Mudd is much more capable than Juan. and we moved Juan to Def Cordinator, good luck defense..
    BJJ = life
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

have u actually thought of why they moved juan to defense? sure its hit or miss, but if its a hit, andy reid is gonna look like a freakin genius.

and yes, mudd is the best O line coach in the NFL. and washburn is the best D line coach in the NFL. it all starts at the line!

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

have u actually thought of why they moved juan to defense? sure its hit or miss, but if its a hit, andy reid is gonna look like a freakin genius.

and yes, mudd is the best O line coach in the NFL. and washburn is the best D line coach in the NFL. it all starts at the line!
    yes you explained to me your view. what if juan is simply not a very good coach and he is still on the team because of being Andy's boy? dont get me wrong i hope you are 100% right
    BJJ = life
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

but that whole blind side, IMO, is a bunch of crap. even if pass rushers come on the opposite side of blind side, vick isnt looking at them, hes looking down field anyways so in reality, every side is a blind side.
    Yea, a quarterback should be focused on looking downfield but the majority of shots I saw vick take were from his blind side. I seriously thought Justice was gonna get him killed by the end of the season. I was probably more upset over vick taking shots then anything last year. The O line was just non-existent. If they get a good leader in there (hopefully danny) that pumps the guys up and makes them perform better it could be a whole different line.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

yes you explained to me your view. what if juan is simply not a very good coach and he is still on the team because of being Andy's boy? dont get me wrong i hope you are 100% right
    where did u see juan was not a good coach? he was one of the best OL coaches in the league and highly regarded and coveted by alot of NFL teams. He had so many injuries on the O line and inconsistency from players. new center, RG was a huge hole, and an upcoming player in RT.

as far as being andys boy, wasnt dmac his boy? dawk? b west? he lets ppl go when he needs/wants to. he understands if he doesnt do his best, he is gone also.

14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    Yea, a quarterback should be focused on looking downfield but the majority of shots I saw vick take were from his blind side. I seriously thought Justice was gonna get him killed by the end of the season. I was probably more upset over vick taking shots then anything last year. The O line was just non-existent. If they get a good leader in there (hopefully danny) that pumps the guys up and makes them perform better it could be a whole different line.
    vick taking shots was NOT completely all the O lines fault. sure it had a big influence, but lets talk o line first then get to vick.

Peters is locked in at LT
    Todd H is locked at LG, possibly RG
    Jammal Jackson and Mike McGlynn will compete at C. If mike loses, he will compete for RG or LG as well as backup at all three inside line positions.
    Watkins likely starter at RG unless Todd plays RG and he competes with Mike McGlynn for LG/RG
    Dunlap/Justice will duke it out for RT. Dunlap played pretty well last season and eagles were impressed. with mudd, he may beat out Justice.

Justice he even said his knee should have had surgery during the season, therefor ending his season, but he played through it. that affected his play. i am not worried about him. he played very well during the beginning/middle of the season. clay matthews blew him up round 1 of playoffs.

Now on to VICK
    Teams were not blitzing him at all during most of the season. When we had miracle at the meadowlands, NY put out the blueprint on how to stop vick. when vick was heavily pressured, he did NOT check down at all to Mccoy or his quick slant, he kept looking down field, scrambling and most of the time running away like he did in ATL.

He had a very hard time picking up the blitz. combine that with poor O line and you are screwed.

Also, this was his first year back as a STARTER. he hasnt seen a heavy, blitz happy team in years. I guarantee that is one of his main focus' this off season. He even said he is constantly watching tape right now and going through in his head what he did wrong and how he can fix it.

as far as your leader, look for jamaal to make a solid return and be the anchor of the O line barring no injuries

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

where did u see juan was not a good coach? he was one of the best OL coaches in the league and highly regarded and coveted by alot of NFL teams. He had so many injuries on the O line and inconsistency from players. new center, RG was a huge hole, and an upcoming player in RT.

as far as being andys boy, wasnt dmac his boy? dawk? b west? he lets ppl go when he needs/wants to. he understands if he doesnt do his best, he is gone also.
    well for one, players said that when they watched tape with Mudd he got pissed at all the things that Juan would praise. im also not sure why Juan couldnt make something out of Stacy Andrews and why (as the article states) Peters has struggled to fit into Juan's system. for guys that performed well on other teams i dont see why they cant do the same on the eagles.

Dunlap was close to not making the team last year. they were saying how he couldnt get low which was something he needed to do being 6'7". im just skeptical at this point. we have a championship caliber team and instead of going out and hiring **** Jauron or someone else we move Juan to Defense. Sounds to me like they wanted to hire Mudd and didnt want to fire Juan.
    BJJ = life
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

vick taking shots was NOT completely all the O lines fault. sure it had a big influence, but lets talk o line first then get to vick.

when vick was heavily pressured, he did NOT check down at all to Mccoy or his quick slant, he kept looking down field, scrambling and most of the time running away like he did in ATL.

He had a very hard time picking up the blitz. combine that with poor O line and you are screwed.

Also, this was his first year back as a STARTER. he hasnt seen a heavy, blitz happy team in years. I guarantee that is one of his main focus' this off season. He even said he is constantly watching tape right now and going through in his head what he did wrong and how he can fix it.

as far as your leader, look for jamaal to make a solid return and be the anchor of the O line barring no injuries
    I'd give the blame about 90% on the o line. Vick made a effort to stay in the pocket more then he ever has. He did a great job too for what he's not known for doing. What I didn't get was why didn't they bring in the FB to help out to protect him when he was getting globbered time after time. The last few games of the season were like watching someone get killed and you know how to save them and you can't do anything about it. I couldn't believe they would allow it to happen time after time. I'm like do they want this guy to get hurt? What's going on!!!

Also the play calling as usual. They weren't working the screen and utilizing the backs like we saw for years with westbrook. I don't know where they game went. That would of definetely helped out vick. They had a good rushing game too but they didn't utilize that enough. They were averaging near 5 yards a carry.

17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

well for one, players said that when they watched tape with Mudd he got pissed at all the things that Juan would praise. im also not sure why Juan couldnt make something out of Stacy Andrews and why (as the article states) Peters has struggled to fit into Juan's system. for guys that performed well on other teams i dont see why they cant do the same on the eagles.

Dunlap was close to not making the team last year. they were saying how he couldnt get low which was something he needed to do being 6'7". im just skeptical at this point. we have a championship caliber team and instead of going out and hiring **** Jauron or someone else we move Juan to Defense. Sounds to me like they wanted to hire Mudd and didnt want to fire Juan.

whoa whoa whoa....hoooold up. Peters has struggled in Juans system? why did he make the pro bowl two years in a row? and King almost not making the team??? who else would have been backup Tackle? a rookie? no way. and where is stacy andrews now? there is a reason he isnt doing anything. he is garbage. Im not sure where u read all this info on mudd not liking Juans system....eagles never leak inside info.

18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

I'd give the blame about 90% on the o line. Vick made a effort to stay in the pocket more then he ever has. He did a great job too for what he's not known for doing. What I didn't get was why didn't they bring in the FB to help out to protect him when he was getting globbered time after time. The last few games of the season were like watching someone get killed and you know how to save them and you can't do anything about it. I couldn't believe they would allow it to happen time after time. I'm like do they want this guy to get hurt? What's going on!!!

Also the play calling as usual. They weren't working the screen and utilizing the backs like we saw for years with westbrook. I don't know where they game went. That would of definetely helped out vick. They had a good rushing game too but they didn't utilize that enough. They were averaging near 5 yards a carry.

vick lost faith in his O line and had to rely on his athletic ability to get the job done which produced sacks. he didnt start to get sacked until the Giants second game which they blitzed ALOT and laid the blueprint on how to stop vick.

19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

check my new thread in this section. i basically broke down the starting roster

20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.58%

Quote Originally Posted by liftallday123 View Post
    i look at it this way the receiver is just as good as the qb. If you have an on point qb the receiver will be just as good. If u have a horrible qb thats never good. Mcnabb had the weapons and he did hook up with them many times but over the years of the playoffs and super bowl where it mattered the most he choked. I agree that mcnabb should have never had to put up with all the criticism but hey philly fans are the toughest and any pro athleate in philly will tell u that and if u cant play to the fans expectations and not be able to put up with criticism then get out. All these years mcnabb has played for the eagles not 1 superbowl ring to show. What a shame. Hopefully Kolb get 1 or a few rings!!!

texans dont use criticism we use andre johnson to get u off of the field.
    shut up and squat!!!
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm excited to see what watkins brings to the team. He appears to be a really good guy who takes pride in giving 100%. We need a new fan favorite. A leader on this team. Seeing the eagles win that award at the espy's for that miracle win at the meadow lands suddenly got the adrenaline going for football. I'm tired of hearing about the lock out but it suddenly hit me, I need football! lol

22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

i think on defense, that guy will be Jarrett

23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So I guess picking Jarrett means Mikell will be gone? I won't miss Mikell for sure! ESPN posted the cons on Jarrett as this:

Cons: Gets in position to make a play on the ball but doesn't always finish. Will mis-time some jumps and hands are questionable. Lacks elite playmaking ability in this area.

Those are pretty much the same cons Mikell had! Hope this is not the case.

24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

mikell is more than likely a goner....

as far as J, its hard to say cause we havent seen him play in the NFL. heck, who knew Jamar Chaney would be a stud? nobody.

as far as his college play, alot of NFL teams thought of him as a high 2nd, or 3rd round pick. ESPN analysts that have coached or played in the NFL before have all said they would love to have him on their team in a heartbeat.

he does need coaching, like every rookie does. but he brings physicality to the table. he hits hard. he will be put at SS, not FS so his hands dont need to be perfect. he is an in the box run stopper and will knock you out. thats what we need!!

he and nate allen compliment each other perfectly. while nate is the center fielder who has speed to go from side line to side line making plays on the ball, J will knock a dude on his butt

youtube his highlights

25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I really like nate allen. Though a lot were concerned about his size he plays at a big level. Just hope we can fill that dawkins hole with jarret!

26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

IMO, nates size is good. if he put on muscle that would be a plus, but not every FS needs to be a bdawk

27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.67%

go flyers..i havent been this excited about an upcoming season since they got lindros
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

so who all did they get and how good are they? i used to be up to speed with all philly sports but the past few years ive been eagles and phillies only.

29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

i know they traded there two main players and got jagr and a crap ton of players and a goalie who is apparently better than bouche

30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

well....how u like the team now? told ya we would sign nnamdi

31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Wow, I don't remember being this excited for a season ever. A explosion of quality players have been added to this team and in positions much needed. I'm not too worried about the eagles linebacker situation now that the backs are so solid, I think they will be ok. Stewart bradley leaving doesn't leave much of a hole I don't think. I think the guy LOOKS like the ideal line backer but he's only been injury prone and never amounted to a quality linebacker. Way overhyped. Also the D-line has been beefed up nicely.

I'm still wondering about the special teams.. There's been no talk about that. They were horrendous last year.

Looks like Desean should be returning to camp soon, I think because of his size he's not a clutch redzone guy so I don't believe he deserves the kind of cash the bigger guys get but at the same time we can't afford to lose him. He's a game changing kind of player. Other teams will pay top dollar for him if the eagles don't. For the catches he doesn't make he more than makes up for them in his ability to get down the field faster then anyone.

Signing a guard for vick is really good. Though the guy has been on 4 different teams in a short period of time his stats are pretty good so hopefully he will come through. They need help on the O-line desperatley. Having jamal back at center and watkins on the other side I think things should be much different.

32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

agreed with everything you said.

also, im very worried about maclin. he has mono off and on since the spring....maybe we sign braylon edwards??? who knows with this team...

also, is asante going to be traded? not sure. if a team offers the right price, probably. i dont wana see him get traded though. love his attitude.

33. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.48%

Go get braylon!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

yeah thats who i want if maclin is for sure struggling.

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

They seem to have plenty of wide recievers so it looks like they have thought about the possibilities of jackson or maclin not being able to play. Granted they aren't really proven quality players. Like you said at this point nothing would surprise me. Why not go out and sign randy moss for a year? He said he wasn't getting the money he wanted so he retired. Maybe the eagles can bring him back out of retirement. haha.

I would hate to see asante go too but things aren't looking good, I really don't know how they are going to make it work. Also his trade value is high so they will definetely hear offers.

36. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.48%

Reason I like Braylon is size.....Eagles have no size in the WR department. For the most part, they can be pushed around...at least Braylon gives you some size.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  37. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%

well....how u like the team now? told ya we would sign nnamdi
    they got some great players now lets hope andy reid doesn't choke in the playoffs this year.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    they got some great players now lets hope andy reid doesn't choke in the playoffs this year.
    Along with choking in the playoffs every season, He's also extremely good at covering his butt so that when they lose it's never his fault. I imagine if they do the same this year the story will be "Hey we tried everything, Look at all the good players we got, unfortunately it just didn't work out". Last year would of been a great time to get rid of him but if they win I'd give very little if any credit to him. He has a probowl team. They shouldn't do anything but win a superbowl this year. Reid just has way too much power, If he was really smart he would just sit back like Joe paterno and be more of a figure and let the other coaches do their job and then take the credit for the wins. I guess having that power and security of knowing you'll be back next year no matter what is good enough insurance for him though.

39. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%

Along with choking in the playoffs every season, He's also extremely good at covering his butt so that when they lose it's never his fault. I imagine if they do the same this year the story will be "Hey we tried everything, Look at all the good players we got, unfortunately it just didn't work out". Last year would of been a great time to get rid of him but if they win I'd give very little if any credit to him. He has a probowl team. They shouldn't do anything but win a superbowl this year. Reid just has way too much power, If he was really smart he would just sit back like Joe paterno and be more of a figure and let the other coaches do their job and then take the credit for the wins. I guess having that power and security of knowing you'll be back next year no matter what is good enough insurance for him though.
    I agree 100%
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%

as far as choking last playoffs, i honestly blame it all on Akers. if he would have made those two easy FGs, we would have beat the pack. i also blame that game on vick for not checking down more

as far as size at WR, we are small, but maclin is a decent size (he is back at camp btw) and riley cooper is our size. size doesnt mean good players. look at steve smith, desean. u can still win.

and if we keep asante, we would go nickel or dime all game like the packers do and have nnamdi our version on charles woodson on pakers. he spoke about that role on eagles website. DRC and nnamdi said if asante stayed, they would make it work.

i can totally see how ppl blame reid for choking...but seriously....how can u blame a coach for winning so much. sure he hasnt won the big game, but not many coaches can say they have. we are in the playoffs almost every year. dude is a qb guru. im fine with reid if he ran the ball just a tad more. i mean honestly, who else would u rather have? cohwer? heck no.

and reid has power in the offense, and our offense is fine. look who he hired for D. best D line coach in the game in washburn. he will leet wash coach his boys up and get to the qb. our D sucked last year cause injuries and sean McD's schemes were too complex. u want the players to read and react, not think. if sean had the players we have this year, i think he would do alot better. we have alot more talent.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Philadelphia Eagles Position by Position breakdown
    By R1balla in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 05:19 PM
  2. Sushi: Philadelphia Roll
    By Kraker in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
  3. 2006-07 Philadelphia Flyers Season Highlight