2010 New York Yankees

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks in and the Yankees are once again doing what they do. Haters get your poison darts ready:lol:

mk3192005

Awards
jayhey baby all the way rookie and the year!

Texan281

Awards
Ummm, Idk if you've noticed but the Rays are on top of the division

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Ummm, Idk if you've noticed but the Rays are on top of the division

And they're playing damn well but It's not even June yet, talk to me in August. other than the Present injury situation, I'm not really at all concerned

BigKen55

BigKen55

Awards
I'm not even a yankee fan but once tex gets out of his funk (better pray he does) and the injury bug has played it's course ...the bombers should be back on top

FreezeAce

Awards
Yes, that Yankees are doing well. I too am a Yankess fan, but the Rays are for real.

Their once young pitching staff is now seasoned and ready to take on a full season. With the emergence of David Price being ready to be a dominant pitcher watch out!!

Not to mention they are producing from every angle in the field. Not to mention many of their top performers aren't producing up to their normal standards. A team that's obviously very well versed to play small ball, I'd be very scared once the post season rolls around.

Hate to be tooting another teams horn. But, you have to recognize a real team when you see one.

-Freeze

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Yes, that Yankees are doing well. I too am a Yankess fan, but the Rays are for real.

Their once young pitching staff is now seasoned and ready to take on a full season. With the emergence of David Price being ready to be a dominant pitcher watch out!!

Not to mention they are producing from every angle in the field. Not to mention many of their top performers aren't producing up to their normal standards. A team that's obviously very well versed to play small ball, I'd be very scared once the post season rolls around.

Hate to be tooting another teams horn. But, you have to recognize a real team when you see one.

-Freeze
There's nothing wrong at all with acknowledging another team being real good. The fact that AL East has always been very competitive is great for whomever comes out of it on top.

FreezeAce

Awards
It's just amazing the glaring polar opposites the league exhibits. The fact that the top teams in payroll and some of the lower ones, all compete at a high level against one another.

It speaks to how good the front offices are in teams like the Rays, Yankees, Sox, and even the Jays are looking up.

-Freeze

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
It's just amazing the glaring polar opposites the league exhibits. The fact that the top teams in payroll and some of the lower ones, all compete at a high level against one another.

It speaks to how good the front offices are in teams like the Rays, Yankees, Sox, and even the Jays are looking up.

-Freeze
The front office for the Rays have done a great job in building a contender. Too bad there's no following for Florida baseball which will eventually kill everything they've done.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks in and the Yankees are once again doing what they do. Haters get your poison darts ready:lol:
Yankees = :gives:...I'm an A's fan to the bone !!!

Yes I'm pouring on the Haterade.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
June 24, Yankees in 1st place. Long way to go but they are looking pretty good, injuries and all.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Just another example of why baseball needs a hardline salary cap

jfgordon1

Awards
HIP HIP..... JORGE ! ! !

:D

Yankees going for 28 this year ;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Going into the All Star break with 56 wins, looking good:32:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta keep this thread up..Tb lost today!, and Yanks about to beat down some dirty sox tonight!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It appears that all of the Sox fans have left the building:ponder:.
I'll always be here, Frank.

Considering the vast amount of injuries that the Red Sox have endured their record is very commendable. It's a shame really, but that's part of the game. Either way, I still despise the yank-me's more than any other professional sports team. :D

On a side note: I can't stand the rays either. Living here in Tampa makes it even worse. I've never seen a bigger group of bandwagon fans in my life. I would have liked to see Morrow blank them for the 3rd time this season, today. That statistic alone is pretty entertaining; I don't care what their record is.

Game 3 tonight with Beckett on the hill. Game on!

-John

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll always be here, Frank.

Considering the vast amount of injuries that the Red Sox have endured their record is very commendable. It's a shame really, but that's part of the game. Either way, I still despise the yank-me's more than any other professional sports team. :D

On a side note: I can't stand the rays either. Living here in Tampa makes it even worse. I've never seen a bigger group of bandwagon fans in my life. I would have liked to see Morrow blank them for the 3rd time this season, today. That statistic alone is pretty entertaining; I don't care what their record is.

Game 3 tonight with Beckett on the hill. Game on!

-John
I knew it was moments away before i seen you John:)
I agree its a shame with Boston, injurys kill a team.. But, I also agree with the rays. Where in the hell did they come from? Also, look at the rangers, I would take my son there all the time for a few games specially the when the yanks are in town. Talk about bandwagon fans!, now tickets are a sell out.. I'll be there Tuesday night though;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll take the split considering our depleted line up.

When Jon Lester is on, it's game over. :D

What was up with Posada throwing rainbows into center field today? lol!

-John

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Yankees = :gives:...I'm an A's fan to the bone !!!

Yes I'm pouring on the Haterade.

haha :thumbsup:

And yanks suck, they're like the spoiled brats in High School that drove beemers and nobody liked. Replacing the word winning with BUYING.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
haha :thumbsup:

And yanks suck, they're like the spoiled brats in High School that drove beemers and nobody liked. Replacing the word winning with BUYING.
And you're someone whose team probably sucks year after year and so you bitch:rasp: It's all good, enjoy your bitching while the Yankees fight for another title.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I'll take the split considering our depleted line up.

When Jon Lester is on, it's game over. :D

What was up with Posada throwing rainbows into center field today? lol!

-John
You needed that split, 6 games out vs 8 at this point is a big difference, especially for the sox in the wild card race:veryhappy:. I never count the Sox out, just not worried too much about them.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You needed that split, 6 games out vs 8 at this point is a big difference, especially for the sox in the wild card race:veryhappy:. I never count the Sox out, just not worried too much about them .
me niether;), but for Johns sake, I always like a close race:thumbsup:.. On the other hand, Im on my way to Ranger stadiu to watch the yanks but a beating on them !:)

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
And you're someone whose team probably sucks year after year and so you bitch:rasp: It's all good, enjoy your bitching while the Yankees fight for another title.
I'm all about the Rangers man, good guess though...

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Aug 30 still in 1st, expecting a good old fashioned pennant race with Rays and possibly Red Sox.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing with the way the starting pitching has been that the Yanks have remained in. Burnett, Vazquez and the loss of Pettite should have crippled them.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Amazing with the way the starting pitching has been that the Yanks have remained in. Burnett, Vazquez and the loss of Pettite should have crippled them.
It just illustrates why they picked Joe Giradi, he's done a masterful job of managing situations over the last 2 years.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
September 7, Yankees still wrecking stuff.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Sept 25, Yankees going through a rough stretch, oh well can't win em all however, let's see what happens come playoff time.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
September 28

Yankees in the playoffs for the 15th time in 16 years. Let the fun begin

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Error give Yankees one-game lead in the AL East

BOSTON -- Derek Jeter's check-swing infield single nudged the Yankees over the Red Sox, 6-5, on Saturday in 10 innings, the first game of a split-admission, day-night doubleheader at Fenway Park.

With the win, the Yankees moved a full game ahead of the Rays for first place in the American League East with two games remaining on the schedule. Tampa Bay is playing on Saturday evening against the Royals in Kansas City.

In the top of the 10th, Brett Gardner worked a 10-pitch walk against Jonathan Papelbon before advancing on a sacrifice. Jeter dribbled a roller to the right side of the mound that Papelbon over-ran and Bill Hall flubbed a barehand pickup as Gardner raced home with the go-ahead run.

Yankees use error to take one-game lead

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
If they can handle business tonight, things look great for a division title.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gotta be honest, dont have a preference. Stats show homefield has meant little

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best of three in the first round and CC is 11 and 2 at home. Although it could be any team on any day, anywhere, statistically speaking, it matters to the Yankees. As well, the AL East Title has some significance.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I would hope that the Yankees are doing what I think they are. I do know that they won't take Minnesota for granted, they're a very good team this year.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its going to be an interesting series. CC will need to set the tone in game 1, and I am glad to see that AJ is not near the rotation for this series. When you think about it, he and Vazquez cost them a division title and home field.

DD, I agree the East title had significance, however, I dont think they seemed overly concerned. It looked more like they wanted to just stay healthy and not overwork the starters they would rely on

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Here we are 2 games into the playoffs, Yankees win both going home for game 3

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very impressed with the road performance making it quite really possible to close this in the Bronx with a sweep.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tampa all of a sudden has a little life. Give CC and the boys a little rest.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
That's perfect for us, it will also screw up the pitching rotation for whomever the Yankees face next

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations to the Rangers for taking out the Rays at their place no less. Now it's time to get some ALCS, Yanks in 6

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Well at this juncture with Rangers having played some great baseball having won 2 games in Yankee stadium after a split in Texas, if it's gonna happen this year, it will have to be in 7.:eek13:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Tonight, tonight, won't be just any night. Tonight the Yankees will win or go home ( sung to "Tonight" from West Side Story)