OMG-DINKY AZZ BUTLER MAKES THE FINAL

1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

OMG-DINKY AZZ BUTLER MAKES THE FINAL

sorry for posting this here, but i just can't believe that tiny butler has made it to the final game. for those of you not familiar with indy, butler is a very small school. i am overwhelmed!

fireworks are going off all over the place, i think people are stunned-i know i am.

WOW
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

use code BIGT35OFF at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I have npo idea what you're talking about, but congrats. What are we talking? Basketball?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.5%

Hey thebigt,

I'm also Indy and this is freakin' amazing. GO DAWGS!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by patmurray View Post
    Hey thebigt,

I'm also Indy and this is freakin' amazing. GO DAWGS!
    i don't think people outside of indy realize what an amazing feat this is.

geez-there are high schools in indy bigger than butler.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.37%

Butler is ranked #5 in the country, so it's not really surprising that they're in the finals (at least not to me). What more impressive is the fact that they've held all their opponents in the tourney to 60 or less points in each game..WoW!

If they hold Duke under 60 (which I think they will), they're cutting down the nets plain and simple.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman21 View Post
    Butler is ranked #5 in the country, so it's not really surprising that they're in the finals (at least not to me). What more impressive is the fact that they've held all their opponents in the tourney to 60 or less points in each game..WoW!

If they hold Duke under 60 (which I think they will), they're cutting down the nets plain and simple.
    4,438, that is the total number of students at butler. there are 2 high schools in indy that have that many or more-i wonder what student enrollment at duke looks like, lol.

duke has an enrollment of 14,368 i looked it up.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.28%

They were not ranked 5. They were a 5 seed. That means they were considered the fifth best team in the "West" region of the tournaments (there are east, west, north, and south regions). There were 16 teams in the tournament seeded higher than Butler.

At the end of the season they were ranked #11 by the AP top 25 and #8 in the coaches' poll.

Quite the accomplishment for such a small school.
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    They were not ranked 5. They were a 5 seed. That means they were considered the fifth best team in the "West" region of the tournaments (there are east, west, north, and south regions). There were 16 teams in the tournament seeded higher than Butler.

At the end of the season they were ranked #11 by the AP top 25 and #8 in the coaches' poll.

exactly, not only is enrollment small but the entire campus would fit in the middle of most schools that make the final four-and you wouldn't even notice it being there. i drive past butler often and believe me if you blink you have missed it.

a truly extraordinary accomplishment.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.37%

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post

Thanks for schooling me..lol. Hope they win!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Great call, too bad Duke got 61 points and I mean that seriously. I was rooting very hard for Butler as I hate Duke.
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Great call, too bad Duke got 61 points and I mean that seriously. I was rooting very hard for Butler as I hate Duke.
    i just have to say it-that kid shyerer looked like a real prick.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i don't think people outside of indy realize what an amazing feat this is.

geez-there are high schools in indy bigger than butler.
    I lived in Indy for a year. Gotta be honest, I loathed Butler. But I dont care about basketball either. Maybe it just got annoying hearing all hoosiers talk about whatever team was hot since Bandwagon U is probably the most popular team there. The football in Indiana made me want to act like that gamefly commercial where everyone is breaking ****.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    I lived in Indy for a year. Gotta be honest, I loathed Butler. But I dont care about basketball either. Maybe it just got annoying hearing all hoosiers talk about whatever team was hot since Bandwagon U is probably the most popular team there. The football in Indiana made me want to act like that gamefly commercial where everyone is breaking ****.
    basketball is not what it once was in indiana, they even have a tough time selling out the state finals now. football never was much, but purdue did have a few good years with brees.

i grew up in the 70's when iu was rocking, hoosier basketball was like a religion in those days. with you spending a year in indy i don't expect you to understand the loyalty to iu basketball many of us older guys have passed down.

i am sure as an outsider, if i lived in texas for a year i would be annoyed at many of the conversations native texans were having, lol.
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 982
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 11:13 PM
  2. Bslick69b's final results from DIENEDRONE!(final review!)
    By bslick69b in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 02:27 AM
  3. A Spartan Workout ~Gerard Butler
    By OCCFan023 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 01:17 AM
  4. Makes you think....
    By Big Matt in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 11:11 AM
  5. boxer James Butler guilty of murder