UFC or Boxing

chuck66

Awards
Which one would you rather watch and find more exciting

chuck66

Awards
I would defianetly go with UFC its like a modern age gladiator fight and its realy bloody especialy With Brock Lesnar

chuck66

Awards
also second question who is your favorite fighter from UFC or Boxing

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
It seems like top level boxing matches vs top level MMA matches I get more enjoyment & less disappointment from boxing. I also prefer hand-to-hand more than grappling so I'm bias in that regard.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Boxing hands down. It is the sweet science, and Money Mayweather is a technically perfect fighter and a joy to watch his defense. MMA is for the ADD generation and the wrestling crowd that needs instant gratification and storylines. Using all styles of martial arts/etc just makes for sloppy fighting...and the crowd goes wild.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
UFC, I watch fights to be entertained, if I wanted to see people dance I would watch a musical on netflix. Fave all time fighter is matt hughes.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Mohommed Ali, Smokin Joe Frazier, Mike Tyson...whats there not to love?

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather watch boxing over MMA anyday. If I wanted to watch MMA I would go to the local bar or tavern about 1-2am and watch 2 drunk idiots roll around on the floor fighting. Someone mentioned earlier that MMa looks sloppy, I agree. Boxing is much more classier and straightforward.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait to see Randy Couture beat James Toney, then no one can say boxing guys can beat MMA guys...and I would love to see Mayweather fight the guys he has with 4 oz gloves.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this thread is going to get interesting, i like mma don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but thats because it's always on that i watch it, boxing is hardly ever on, that i see anyway, but watching the old ali and frazier fights, old tyson, even mayweather.....boxers would work mma fights, because get this...they throw proper punches, mma guys punchs are awful...so yeah mma guys can take them down but u can't take someone down who's gonna throw actual combos as you dive at his legs

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Boxing hands down. Money Mayweather, Calzaghe, tarver, dawson, jones, Hopkins... Too many amazing fighters to list. Ufc is fun to watch, I like GSP, A Silva, kampman. But when it comes down to it id watch boxing or K1 anyday over UFC.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I like the original Ultimate fighting. More styles, less grappling. Grappling's effective but sometimes gets borring to watch. I like watching some of the old boxing fights, but there's nothing like a real street fight. If mma and boxing were on I would probably choose mma and wish for some up and up toe to toe fighting.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to see Randy Couture beat James Toney, then no one can say boxing guys can beat MMA guys...and I would love to see Mayweather fight the guys he has with 4 oz gloves.
LOL! Yeah, James Toney, a shot heavy weight with conditioning issues. LOL. Thatll show us that boxing isnt good! Rofl. Id love to see Mayweather box with MMA guys in his weight class. Theyd look like total amateurs...you know, themselves.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL! Yeah, James Toney, a shot heavy weight with conditioning issues. LOL. Thatll show us that boxing isnt good! Rofl. Id love to see Mayweather box with MMA guys in his weight class. Theyd look like total amateurs...you know, themselves.
ahaha wow, Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance in MMA against any top 10 fighter in the UFC at lightweight. I think a lot of the public, with a lack of knowledge of MMA, don't realize that it's not just the ground game a boxer would have to worry about, but a top level kickboxer or Muay-Thai fighter would have Mayweather on his ass in no time.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ahaha wow, Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance in MMA against any top 10 fighter in the UFC at lightweight. I think a lot of the public, with a lack of knowledge of MMA, don't realize that it's not just the ground game a boxer would have to worry about, but a top level kickboxer or Muay-Thai fighter would have Mayweather on his ass in no time.
your forgetting that if the muay thai guy just had to use his hands, he would get worked....when this discussion comes along everyone puts the boxer in the mma world....if an mma guy had to box with a boxer, they would be ruined

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your forgetting that if the muay thai guy just had to use his hands, he would get worked....when this discussion comes along everyone puts the boxer in the mma world....if an mma guy had to box with a boxer, they would be ruined
Well of course, it's 2 diff sports, but if a boxer went in an MMA fight against a kickboxer, most likey they will lose, but too say top level MMA fighter throw awful punches is ridiculous.

The reality is Mayweather is not a perfect fighter, boxer sure, but not "fighter", in a man to man gladiator fight the MMA guy beats the boxer soooooo :booty: LOL

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well of course, it's 2 diff sports, but if a boxer went in an MMA fight against a kickboxer, most likey they will lose, but too say top level MMA fighter throw awful punches is ridiculous.

The reality is Mayweather is not a perfect fighter, boxer sure, but not "fighter", in a man to man gladiator fight the MMA guy beats the boxer soooooo :booty: LOL
i really don't think the punching part is ridculous at all, watching some of these ufc knocks out looping ugly looking punches, it's pretty bad, chuck liddell is probably the worst, he falls back and the huge overhands are no where near what should be considered a good punch

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i really don't think the punching part is ridculous at all, watching some of these ufc knocks out looping ugly looking punches, it's pretty bad, chuck liddell is probably the worst, he falls back and the huge overhands are no where near what should be considered a good punch
Well Chuck is now of the old, but guys like GSP, Sliva, Fedor, Marquardt, Penn, Edger, Faber, Dos santos, Vera, Jones and many more with great punches and even boxing used in MMA is much diff, you can't really put a 4oz glove in front of your face and block it and not be rocked compared to boxing gloves.

I think there are many top level MMA fighters that could make a boxer look stupid if they both used 4oz gloves, but hey, I guess we all get to see Heavy weight Champ James Tony fight in the UFC. If his opponent doesn't take him down and wants to bang I guess that will show if a Top Level MMA fighter can box with a top level boxer with 4oz gloves.

All in all it will be exciting to see:D

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
]...so yeah mma guys can take them down but u can't take someone down who's gonna throw actual combos as you dive at his legs[/I]
Yeah....you can....

I agree that OBVIOUSLY boxers have better BOXING skills. Regardless of which sport you like better, MMA fighters are more well rounded. That's an obvious fact. Which gives them a distinct advantage. Their conditioning is just as good if not better. And if they are getting busted up, I do not see Matt Hughes having any problem...any time of any day of the week...taking down Mayweather and having his way with him. Maybe dislocating a shoulder or elbow...breaking an arm....beating his head into the ground.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
again it's putting boxers in mma....i'm not saying i don't like watching it but as mentioned, the whole grappling thing is boring to watch unless their ground and pounding...in a straight up boxing match, no gloves, obviously a boxer doesn't train take downs even though mma practices boxing...the boxer would throw combo's to much more crisp and fast than an mma guy would ever realize

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
again it's putting boxers in mma....i'm not saying i don't like watching it but as mentioned, the whole grappling thing is boring to watch unless their ground and pounding...in a straight up boxing match, no gloves, obviously a boxer doesn't train take downs even though mma practices boxing...the boxer would throw combo's to much more crisp and fast than an mma guy would ever realize
It comes down to whatever you like. I've been in this argument 100x before LOL. Noone gets anywhere with it. I, personally, happen to find Jiu-Jitsu tournaments highly entertaining. I think it takes crazy patience, skill, and discipline to excel at a high level of Jiu-Jitsu and I love it. But that's just personal preference. I don't find it boring in the least. To be honest...and I'm not just saying this...I can't even watch boxing anymore. The golden days of boxing are gone (at least for the present) and I just don't find it entertaining. I don't mind a fight going to ground at all. I have friends that do...but it's part of the rules, so you gotta deal with it. Once again, personal preference. I have a friend that boxes a couple times a week, yet he watches MMA religiously. :dunno:

I agree to a point that people always put the boxers into an mma fight. But obviously you can still punch in an MMA fight...so one could also argue that point is mute. The MMA fighters just have a much wider skill set. I say f*ck that...put them both in the street. That would be the only arena to hold it I guess.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Needless to say, these comparisons are largely made out of context, and silly: it is of no mystery that "Athlete X" would dominate "Athlete Y," and vice versa, given that each athlete commits to following only the rules of the other athlete's sport.

And so, to say that even a top-level MMA striker would lose in a boxing match to a Pac., or Mayweather is a non-starter, and largely fails to make a substantial point. It is similarly useless to claim that those two great fighters would lose in a BJJ tournament, or a Muay Thai match (possibly) or a wrestling match, and so on. But therein arises the issue as it pertains to boxers (potentially) entering MMA.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Learn to read. I was saying, if MMA fighters are so rounded and are trained in so many sports, put them against mayweather in a boxing right. Not the other way around. Yeah, in 4oz gloves he would lose. Hes trained from the crib to box, not roll around on the ground with another guy.

If you are talking about no holds barred, life or death fighting, hand to hand combat is obsolete. Firearms made it that way. Its called a pistol, get one and you can drop the best hand to hand fighter in the world.

Yeah....you can....

I agree that OBVIOUSLY boxers have better BOXING skills. Regardless of which sport you like better, MMA fighters are more well rounded. That's an obvious fact. Which gives them a distinct advantage. Their conditioning is just as good if not better. And if they are getting busted up, I do not see Matt Hughes having any problem...any time of any day of the week...taking down Mayweather and having his way with him. Maybe dislocating a shoulder or elbow...breaking an arm....beating his head into the ground.
MMA conditioning is not on par with boxing, I know that for a fact. Since so much extra time is devoted to learning and training a wide variety of skill sets, less time is spent on conditioning and honing. There are just not enough hours in the day. I think Chuck Liddells rein at damn near 40 with a beer gut is a testament to MMAs conditioning.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MMA conditioning is not on par with boxing, I know that for a fact. Since so much extra time is devoted to learning and training a wide variety of skill sets, less time is spent on conditioning and honing. There are just not enough hours in the day. I think Chuck Liddells rein at damn near 40 with a beer gut is a testament to MMAs conditioning.
All comparisons about relative skills levels aside, I would say this statement is untrue from the standpoint of physiology and metabolism. The components of MMA devoted to grappling (clinch work on the cage, open wrestling and ground work [BJJ/wrestling]) and the longer rounds make it far more of an anaerobic exercise than boxing: that is to say, the necessary activation of more muscle groups in MMA creates a far greater metabolic load, and one that cannot be compensated for with the transport of oxygen to the cell. The constant adaptations to this type of metabolic load, though, requires not only anaerobic adaptations (hypertrophy of skeletal muscle, innervation, alteration of muscle phenotype) but aerobic ones as well (larger muscles will require greater oxygen, ceteris paribus). These adaptations, as a whole, are called conditioning to stress load. I think that comparison is mostly moot, though boxers are better aerobically-conditioned athletes.

I am unsure about the weight (no pun intended) of your Chuck Liddell example, as James Toney was an incredibly successful boxer across several weight classes, all the while looking more slovenly than the vast majority of MMA fighters.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
put them against mayweather in a boxing right. QUOTE]

Learn to spell. I believe it's a lack of knowledge on your behalf to say boxers have better conditioning then MMA fighters, there's no way your perfect fighter, Mayweather, has better conditioning then GSP.

O wait I know your defence on this one, you're going to say "no no no there is no way GSP can jump rope as long as Mayweather!" LOL

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It comes down to whatever you like. I've been in this argument 100x before LOL. Noone gets anywhere with it. I, personally, happen to find Jiu-Jitsu tournaments highly entertaining. I think it takes crazy patience, skill, and discipline to excel at a high level of Jiu-Jitsu and I love it. But that's just personal preference. I don't find it boring in the least. To be honest...and I'm not just saying this...I can't even watch boxing anymore. The golden days of boxing are gone (at least for the present) and I just don't find it entertaining. I don't mind a fight going to ground at all. I have friends that do...but it's part of the rules, so you gotta deal with it. Once again, personal preference. I have a friend that boxes a couple times a week, yet he watches MMA religiously. :dunno:

I agree to a point that people always put the boxers into an mma fight. But obviously you can still punch in an MMA fight...so one could also argue that point is mute. The MMA fighters just have a much wider skill set. I say f*ck that...put them both in the street. That would be the only arena to hold it I guess.

I agree boxing is in the past, the best is far behind us all, i think grappling is fun to do but boring to watch, sort of like baseball for me, something i always regret is wrestling in high school, in my fathers opinion what ruined boxing was putting it on pay per view, i understand ufc and things are pay per view, but it's a younger audience who grew up when stuff was already on pay per view

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
All comparisons about relative skills levels aside, I would say this statement is untrue from the standpoint of physiology and metabolism. The components of MMA devoted to grappling (clinch work on the cage, open wrestling and ground work [BJJ/wrestling]) and the longer rounds make it far more of an anaerobic exercise than boxing: that is to say, the necessary activation of more muscle groups in MMA creates a far greater metabolic load, and one that cannot be compensated for with the transport of oxygen to the cell. The constant adaptations to this type of metabolic load, though, requires not only anaerobic adaptations (hypertrophy of skeletal muscle, innervation, alteration of muscle phenotype) but aerobic ones as well (larger muscles will require greater oxygen, ceteris paribus). These adaptations, as a whole, are called conditioning to stress load. I think that comparison is mostly moot, though boxers are better aerobically-conditioned athletes.

I am unsure about the weight (no pun intended) of your Chuck Liddell example, as James Toney was an incredibly successful boxer across several weight classes, all the while looking more slovenly than the vast majority of MMA fighters.
Eloquently put Mullet

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established

Toney was a outright heavyweight and Liddell was a LH. Dont for a second think variety and time replace intensity over duration. Anyone can push through a tough patch, its pushing through maintaining quickness and still outsmarting your opponent thats hard. Sure, there is more anaerobic in MMA, but that doesnt mean variety makes it tougher. Is a pentathlete better than a triathlete? Maintaining a jab into later rounds is tough. Making sure its still quick as hell is tougher.

put them against mayweather in a boxing right. QUOTE]

Learn to spell. I believe it's a lack of knowledge on your behalf to say boxers have better conditioning then MMA fighters, there's no way your perfect fighter, Mayweather, has better conditioning then GSP.

O wait I know your defence on this one, you're going to say "no no no there is no way GSP can jump rope as long as Mayweather!" LOL
That was a typo. Telling someone to learn to spell and then misspelling defense in the next post is not a good way to start off.

Mayweather is a freak of nature, literally trained in the crib. I would bet money down his conditioning far surpasses some french canadian fruit loop. When I was boxing, my pulse was into the 30s.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Toney was a outright heavyweight and Liddell was a LH. Dont for a second think variety and time replace intensity over duration. Anyone can push through a tough patch, its pushing through maintaining quickness and still outsmarting your opponent thats hard. Sure, there is more anaerobic in MMA, but that doesnt mean variety makes it tougher. Is a pentathlete better than a triathlete? Maintaining a jab into later rounds is tough. Making sure its still quick as hell is tougher.
I think you may have misunderstood. It is not about varying the activation of the same muscles, which seems to be what you are implying, but it is an entirely different kind of activation altogether. Your point seems to be that there is only a difference in the degree of conditioning between MMA fighters and boxers - with boxers, in your mind, being superior - whereas the issue is a difference in kind altogether.

Furthermore, that MMA fighters are faced with the same constraints of intensity - ensuring that takedown attempts are still explosive, that leg kicks are still crisp, jabs are proper, etc - only serves to cement my point: not only are they required to maintain speed, accuracy, etc., over long(er) durations, but are required to do so across different instances of physical stimuli. In any case, the greater metabolic load and subsequent adaptation in MMA quite literally means they are more conditioned in the physiologic sense of the word. This being said, I am not making a blanket statement re: the general level of athleticism and explosiveness between sports. Boxers are phenomenally conditioned athletes.

Also, Toney began his career at MW, and was slovenly even then.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That was a typo. Telling someone to learn to spell and then misspelling defense in the next post is not a good way to start off.

Mayweather is a freak of nature, literally trained in the crib. I would bet money down his conditioning far surpasses some french canadian fruit loop. When I was boxing, my pulse was into the 30s.
Defense is the US spelling, proper english is spelled defence....I'm sure you knew that...

Congratulations on the low heart rate, real proud of you :D

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Mohommed Ali, Smokin Joe Frazier, Mike Tyson...whats there not to love?

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather watch boxing over MMA anyday. If I wanted to watch MMA I would go to the local bar or tavern about 1-2am and watch 2 drunk idiots roll around on the floor fighting. Someone mentioned earlier that MMa looks sloppy, I agree. Boxing is much more classier and straightforward.
As someone who does brazilian jiu jitsu three days a week. I can tell you if you understand what you are watching in a grappling match of two black-belts, it is every bit as skilled and entertaining as a Mayweather fight. It is a chess match. I can guarantee you nothing you see in a drunken bar fight even resembles a skilled mma fight.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
It really means that each has every take on what sports they like. I for one like boxing and MMA I don't choose from one from the latter. I love MMA because of what Randy Couture has brought to the Octagon and I like Manny Paquiao for what he brings on the ring to date.

bigdognhb

Awards
I love and hate both sports. I started boxing when I was 14. At the time there were still great fighters that put on excellent bouts. Now, before people get all pissy, there are still a few great fighters in American mainstream boxing. Boxing is dying int the US but in the rest of the world it is still huge. Now a days is I watch boxing its usually on Telemundo where you can still see some great events and fighters with true heart

On to MMA. After the Army I started training in Muay Thai and eventually moved to MMA. It is completely different than boxing. So this arguement of a boxer would lose in MMA is completely irrevelent. As mentioned by a couple people it is a completely different sport. Now even though I dont fight anymore I still love MMA. I have grown to dislike the UFC however. I think they need to go back to putting on PPV events every few months. They're cranking out events with what I feel is lower quality fights and still charging PPV to make a quick buck. For how much they pull in annual revenue their fighters are underpaid (it is getting better however) Dana White goes on TV and says how UFC is all about pushing the sport into the mainstream. But then when Affliction starts their own promotion UFC does everything possible to put them out of business. As well when EA sports started development of a MMA game. The UFC told all fighters that if they signed a likeness contract with EA that they would never be allowed to fight in the UFC. Neither of these actions in my opinion help develope the sport. I personally cant wait for DREAM to start to develope their heavyweight class

mrge

Awards
Boxing definitely. I find boxing having more class than MMA. It has tradition and very exciting to watch.

As for who would win?

Hands down MMA. True, grappling gets boring but its essential to survive in an MMA fight. The old UFC fights proved that you need to know some level of grappling to survive and you could see the fighters in MMA evolve over the years. More and more fighters are learning how to grapple even if it isn't their main style because they know how dangerous it is. Any elite boxer with no experience in grappling going against a seasoned grappler, 9 out of 10 wouldn't last. That's just the truth.

mrge

Awards
on other hand.. even though its never on tv but has anyone every watched an Elite BJJ or a Judo Competition? Its definitely more exciting than boxing in my opinion. I grew up in judo and watching a competition is pretty intense. In a Judo Match, One point is all it takes to win. Watch some Olympic Judoka, especially a guy name Koga. Youtube. You screw up once and its over so it can get really intense.. imagine. Two people trying their hardest to throw you. haha the mental aspect of it is pretty mind blowing. You have to be concentrating at your fullest the whole match otherwise you'll get thrown.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
this thread is going to get interesting, i like mma don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but thats because it's always on that i watch it, boxing is hardly ever on, that i see anyway, but watching the old ali and frazier fights, old tyson, even mayweather.....boxers would work mma fights, because get this...they throw proper punches, mma guys punchs are awful...so yeah mma guys can take them down but u can't take someone down who's gonna throw actual combos as you dive at his legs
do u think that in an mma fight u just shoot for a takedown? u set your take downs up with punchs...

do u train mma?

chuck66

Awards
What you guys think the outcome of Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Tim Sylvia's gona be. When they going to put mariusz against Brock that be one hell of a fight

Troy1982

Troy1982

Awards
MMA > Boxing because in MMA they go at each other and fight and in Boxing they try to avoid getting hit the whole time. After Mayweather fights Mosley, Pacquiao and Paul Williams there will be no fights left in boxing that I want to see.

Mr Tick

Awards
Gotta go with the UFC. I just cant get into boxing anymore now that im a UFC fan. It just seems to be outdated now.

tpw

Awards
UFC not to many good boxing for awhile now maybe mayweather vs paq will happen one day.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grew up watching boxing with father, later on walked into Gleason's famed Brooklyn gym and fell in love. Both sports have their place. Also the business models for both are entirely different, with the top in boxing making vastly more than their counterparts in MMA.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could take an average 140lb boxer and put him in the ring with a talented MMA fighter, where all they could do was trade hands...I present to you a massacre (in the boxer's favor). I've witnessed it myself.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could take an average 140lb boxer and put him in the ring with a talented MMA fighter, where all they could do was trade hands...I present to you a massacre (in the boxer's favor). I've witnessed it myself.
Ya I'd like to see Cain Velasquez box with an average 140lbs boxer wearing MMA gloves and just box.....bye bye boxer lol

Boxer vs MMA fighter in a boxing match= boxer wins

Boxer vs MMA fighter in a MMA fight= MMA fighter wins

Boxer vs MMA fighter in a kickboxing match= MMA fighter wins

Boxer vs MMA fighter in a grappling match= MMA fighter wins

Thats just how the cookie crumbles :nana:

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I think you may have misunderstood. It is not about varying the activation of the same muscles, which seems to be what you are implying, but it is an entirely different kind of activation altogether. Your point seems to be that there is only a difference in the degree of conditioning between MMA fighters and boxers - with boxers, in your mind, being superior - whereas the issue is a difference in kind altogether.

Furthermore, that MMA fighters are faced with the same constraints of intensity - ensuring that takedown attempts are still explosive, that leg kicks are still crisp, jabs are proper, etc - only serves to cement my point: not only are they required to maintain speed, accuracy, etc., over long(er) durations, but are required to do so across different instances of physical stimuli. In any case, the greater metabolic load and subsequent adaptation in MMA quite literally means they are more conditioned in the physiologic sense of the word. This being said, I am not making a blanket statement re: the general level of athleticism and explosiveness between sports. Boxers are phenomenally conditioned athletes.

Also, Toney began his career at MW, and was slovenly even then.
Comparing the type of conditioning that each sport takes is comparing apples and oranges. You have to think of a boxing match almost a marathon. The sheer amount of punches thrown and taken in a match is astounding, not to mention the number of rounds compared to that of an MMA bout. However, if boxing is a marathon, MMA is not a sprint, but more of say a 400 or 800m run. You have to pace yourself at a point, but know when to explode and make your move, all while being cognisant of what's in your gas tank. This is especially apparent when you add the element of grappling. To truly appreciate the incredible conditiong of both boxers and mixed martial artists, you really have to try both. A boxer's endurance wouldn't mean **** in a wrestling match, and a wrestler would gas in a boxing match. That's why mixed martial arts is so versatile, as it adds in both elements, and hence why I favor it over boxing (especially as of late). However, to say that either sport's athletes are better conditioned is pretentious.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
great, i see the next 5 posts just say everything I tried to but much more directly

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Not to mention world class boxers are a at a completely differnet level of skill in striking than a mixed martial artist that trains in boxing. If Randy Couture fought Toney in a boxing match (which he never will), Toney would obliterate him. Even Randy said this would happen. I liked what Vitor Belfort proposed. He wanted to fight Toney in an octagon with 4 oz. gloves and make it a kickboxing/muay thai type of deal.