Mayweather accuses Manny of juicing... - AnabolicMinds.com

Mayweather accuses Manny of juicing...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Mayweather accuses Manny of juicing...


    Mayweather Jr. and Sr. accused Manny of juicing and now both are being sued by Manny. Worse of all the fight probably wont happen... I think Mayweather is just afraid to fight someone who's not going to let him win on points. /discuss

    * Article from Irony reigns if Pacquiao-Malignaggi is made - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

    Irony reigns if Pacquiao-Malignaggi is made
    Martin Rogers

    By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports Dec 26, 3:38 pm EST

    Follow Martin Rogers on Twitter at @mrogersyahoo

    It is the most bizarre of sagas, a spasmodically woven tale of speculation, innuendo, litigation and public feuding, and boxing awaits its outcome with feverish anticipation. The political, legal and tactical wrangling that has overshadowed what is supposed to be 2010’s greatest battle, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao, has often been so outlandish that it could not have been scripted.
    Paulie Malignaggi (above) publicly insinuated that Manny Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs.
    (John Gichigi/Getty Images)

    Yet the emergence of Paulie Malignaggi as Pacquiao’s proposed next opponent, as the Filipino’s promoter, Bob Arum tries to take a step back from what is rapidly degenerating into a twisted mess with Mayweather, is merely serving to provide the greatest contradiction and irony of the entire story.

    It was late on Christmas Eve that Pacquiao’s publicist revealed his client would seek legal action against Mayweather and Mayweather’s father Floyd Sr. for actions and comments which suggested Pacquiao had used performance-enhancing drugs.

    Hours earlier, Arum had already instigated moves for a substitute bout for his star, assuming that his group and Mayweather’s would never reach common ground on the type of drug testing to be implemented for the proposed March 13 showdown.

    The choice of Malignaggi, however, is the ultimate paradox in this extraordinary situation, one which looks increasingly likely to rob the sport of a once-in-a-generation contest between the men widely acclaimed as the finest two pound-for-pound boxers on the planet.

    Malignaggi, who re-entered the world title picture by defeating Juan Diaz in a rematch earlier this month, spoke out vigorously recently, using an interview with Boxing Truth Radio to publicly insinuate that Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs.

    “Look at what Manny is doing,” said Malignaggi on the program. “He is absolutely crushing world-class killers. And here he is, this little midget.

    “He gets a broken eardrum and he is walking around afterwards like he was dodging spitballs. There are things out there that can do that.

    “You are hiding under a rock if you can’t see what I am talking about. This is a guy who was life and death with Juan Manuel Marquez at 120 pounds, and now he has got 15 -17 pounds of muscle on him. Look at how short he is. He didn’t get taller, did he?”

    With the chance to make millions by fighting Pacquiao now on the table, it is highly unlikely Malignaggi will be so outspoken in the future.

    But, in a telephone interview with Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday, the 29-year-old reiterated his position on the subject.

    At that time, Pacquiao had not yet issued his legal writ and despite the ongoing dispute, it still appeared the Mayweather fight would probably be made.

    When I questioned him about the response his initial comments during the radio interview had generated, Malignaggi responded emphatically.

    “Money generates greed,” he said. “Manny Pacquiao makes a lot of money for a lot of people. This is an issue that people don’t address because there is too much money to be made.” When discussions turned to how rumors that linked Pacquiao with drugs had started because of the way the pound-for-pound king had retained his power while climbing through the weight divisions, Malignaggi said: “I think it is pretty obvious.

    “People don’t like what I said, but I tried to educate people. But they don’t want to hear it.

    “People get killed in boxing, literally not symbolically, so this is an issue that has to be taken seriously. Records are getting destroyed.

    “I never knew people could be so stupid. I say what people are scared to say. Why doesn’t boxing want to talk about this?

    “Instead I get people coming after me for it, vilifying me, asking why I am doing this. Money always talks. But this is something we should be talking about as well.”

    The argument between Pacquiao and Mayweather has centered upon the drug-testing methods to be used in the lead-up to the fight.

    Mayweather’s team demanded Olympic-style United States Anti-Doping Agency guidelines that would allow for random blood testing up until two days before the bout.

    Pacquiao’s advisors agreed to unlimited urine tests, but did not want blood testing within a month of the fight for fear it would weaken their boxer – who is also said to be frightened of needles.

    Malignaggi spoke of a “cover up” and likened the way Pacquiao has remained clear of implication to the Major League Baseball scandal of the late 1990s.

    “Major League Baseball knew that more home runs equaled more fans,” said Malignaggi. “Boxing knows Manny Pacquiao destroying bigger guys is a phenomenon. But it is too good to be true, like all those home runs were.

    “So it is all covered up and it won’t be addressed.”

    We probably won’t hear too much more from Malignaggi on the topic of drugs, not unless he wants to risk legal action and the collapse of what would be the biggest payday of his career.

    Yet as the latest chapter of boxing’s biggest drama passes, more twists and turns will surely follow.

    Whether each jagged development is merely a precursor to an eventual resolution between Pacquiao and Mayweather and the biggest fight in recent memory, or the latest example of the sport shooting itself in the foot, only time will tell.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight

  2. New Member
    sowthespade's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    Floyd trying to play with Mannys head little does he know you cant get in mannys head
  3. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Mayweather is a bitch.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    johnnyjuice's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    387

    Reputation

    Mayweather is afraid to fight Pacquiao,that's all there is to it!
  5. New Member
    sowthespade's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    idk as much as i dont like mayweather i have him edging it out. I have him winning by decision.
  6. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sowthespade View Post
    idk as much as i dont like mayweather i have him edging it out. I have him winning by decision.
    Truth be told, on paper, I too believe that a Mayweather decision would be the eventual outcome "IF" they fought. Nonetheless, this latest move of his still makes him a bitch. I do think he's afraid to fight someone who could possibly taint his glory, even though in an objective speculation, I think Mayweather would win to my dismay. I hate that guy.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    This is yet another reason why boxing is in the sh!Ter
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Mayweather is a technically perfect fighter and I cant hate him because he is a physical manifestation of boxing perfection, in talent and technical skill.

    Pacman has been juicing IMHO. The mayweathers arent the only ones to see it.
  9. Advanced Member
    bulldogz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    559

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Mayweather is a bitch.
    lol...yeah he is...!!
  10. New Member
    bigdognhb's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  293 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    140

    Reputation

    I love Manny. Not a fan of Mayweather but he is an outstanding fighter. I just cant stand his attitude. But when Mayweather wants to go with olympic style anti-doping tests and Manny's camp refuses to to it, its going to raise some major questions
  11. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    Rep Power
    82879

    Reputation Reputation

    Pacquiao’s advisors agreed to unlimited urine tests, but did not want blood testing within a month of the fight for fear it would weaken their boxer – who is also said to be frightened of needles.


    What steroids can beat a urine test but not a blood test? Just for my own personal curiosity
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

  12. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This is yet another reason why boxing is in the sh!Ter
    Agreed, boxing has suffered corruption (paper champs, fixed fights, match dodging) and lack of organization (title dis-unification, lack of central governing body) for practically it's entire history. It's such a shame because IMO its the sweetest science there is.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  13. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'll watch K-1 way before I'll watch western boxing. More diverse styles and there is a huge initiative to actually finish the fight instead of a 12 round jab-a-thon.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'll watch K-1 way before I'll watch western boxing. More diverse styles and there is a huge initiative to actually finish the fight instead of a 12 round jab-a-thon.
    Diversity isnt synonymous for better, despite everything crammed down our throats today.
  15. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Diversity isnt synonymous for better, despite everything crammed down our throats today.
    The problem is as long as boxers choose who and when they fight. those with the most to lose will avoid the guys that can beat them. Put it in any other sport and that sport would lose popularity too. What if the Lakers refused to play the Celtics, Vikings refused to play Chargers, and Longhorns refused to play Alabama etc.. Then add the dynamic of fixed games and point shaving as standard practice... The respective sports would crumble. Boxing needs strong central governance for a true revival.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  16. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Diversity isnt synonymous for better, despite everything crammed down our throats today.
    IMO, western boxing is not the paramount of striking sports.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    IMO, western boxing is not the paramount of striking sports.
    It's true boxing is not the most skilled, or disciplined striking sport. But in the U.S it is the most storied. The champions of boxing's golden age from Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Lewis, Ali, George Forman Tommy Hearns, Ray Lenard, Haggler, Chavez, Tyson, De La Hoya etc... they were and some still are American (and Mexican) Icons, and a few are world phenomenons. Having namesakes that match or exceed that of any athlete from any sport in any era. It's sad to watch it all fall to naught.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  18. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    The problem is as long as boxers choose who and when they fight. those with the most to lose will avoid the guys that can beat them. Put it in any other sport and that sport would lose popularity too. What if the Lakers refused to play the Celtics, Vikings refused to play Chargers, and Longhorns refused to play Alabama etc.. Then add the dynamic of fixed games and point shaving as standard practice... The respective sports would crumble. Boxing needs strong central governance for a true revival.
    Preaching to the choir on that one...unfortunatly, it will have to decline to a level where it would be irrelevant. I just wish all the boxing organizations would merge..but like the BCS, too many make money off it for any real change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    IMO, western boxing is not the paramount of striking sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    It's true boxing is not the most skilled, or disciplined striking sport.
    Gonna disagree on this point. I think the lack of diverse skill sets makes it a much better competition and much more competitive. Imagine how much harder chess would be with half the pieces. Not only that the conditioning from my experience and view has boxers being much more conditioned. Before it turns into a ****fest about, "OMG D0 U NO HOW H4RD IT IZ TO GRAPPUL!??!??!11!?" I think this is pretty obvious.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Preaching to the choir on that one...unfortunatly, it will have to decline to a level where it would be irrelevant. I just wish all the boxing organizations would merge..but like the BCS, too many make money off it for any real change.





    Gonna disagree on this point. I think the lack of diverse skill sets makes it a much better competition and much more competitive. Imagine how much harder chess would be with half the pieces. Not only that the conditioning from my experience and view has boxers being much more conditioned. Before it turns into a ****fest about, "OMG D0 U NO HOW H4RD IT IZ TO GRAPPUL!??!??!11!?" I think this is pretty obvious.
    I really fail to see this point. How does having a less skilled athlete make for better competition?

    Conditioning for boxing and conditioning for MMA are two completely different beasts and are nowhere comparable.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. New Member
    shawn213's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    I don't think Manny is doing anything illegal but what if he had taken what he thought was merley a vitiman c or supplement that he doesn't know that is banned by NSCA. He would become the lastest version of Fernando Vargas.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by shawn213 View Post
    I don't think Manny is doing anything illegal but what if he had taken what he thought was merley a vitiman c or supplement that he doesn't know that is banned by NSCA. He would become the lastest version of Fernando Vargas.
    Especially if he is getting them in the Philippines.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Manny is an International top athlete with his own legal and medical staff. To suggest that he puts anything in his body without knowing exactly what it is, what it does, how it does it, and what the boxing world and public at large would think about it - is a bit naive.

    If he does somehow not know what hes taking then you would have to assume hes 1/2 as smart as Tyson. Who at that level would put complete trust in the decisions and prescriptions of their handlers? Maybe if this was 1938 and he was $30mil deep with the mafia and the Don said he had to take it lol.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  23. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    Manny is an International top athlete with his own legal and medical staff. To suggest that he puts anything in his body without knowing exactly what it is, what it does, how it does it, and what the boxing world and public at large would think about it - is a bit naive.
    Assuming that all pro athletes are clean and/or dirty is also naive. Testing will always be behind the drug trends.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. New Member
    shawn213's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Mayweather is a bitch.
    Lol that's one rich bitch.
  25. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Assuming that all pro athletes are clean and/or dirty is also naive. Testing will always be behind the drug trends.
    I made no assumptions - except to say if he's taking something he knows it.

    *And he's afraid of needles like Michale Jackson was afraid of little white boys. (I like Manny a hell of a lot more than I like Mayweather but who did he pay to come up with that excuse... had to be the Jackson family spin doctor or maybe an old Clinton operative)
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  26. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    836

    Reputation

    The fact is, it's all a ploy to build up more interest in the sport that very few folks really give a crap about anymore. The fight will happen, someone will get their ass kicked and a bunch of people will make money. I say Go Manny
  27. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    The fact is, it's all a ploy to build up more interest in the sport that very few folks really give a crap about anymore. The fight will happen, someone will get their ass kicked and a bunch of people will make money. I say Go Manny
    I hope you're right, but I don't know. They're both rich enough and Mayweather is prideful enough to say, "screw it."
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    Think about it like this... If you were Mayweather why would you want to fight Manny? You have all the money you can spend already (unless you'er Latrell Sprewell). Boxing doesn't force you to fight the #1 condender to retain your title. Most of the world thinks you'll win the fight anyway. And lastly... Manny CAN knock you the f**k out. lol
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  29. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    Think about it like this... If you were Mayweather why would you want to fight Manny? You have all the money you can spend already (unless you'er Latrell Sprewell). Boxing doesn't force you to fight the #1 condender to retain your title. Most of the world thinks you'll win the fight anyway. And lastly... Manny CAN knock you the f**k out. lol
    You said it better.
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. MHA
    New Member
    MHA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    220

    Reputation

    Didn't May owe like 4 million in taxes? That the IRS was wanting to take it out of his last fight because he had not payed them? And he sold all his cars and stuff like that, right?

    I think money Mays broke!
  31. New Member
    Lacradocious's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    284

    Reputation

    Mayweather should fight him. He should come out and say, "I think Manny is juicing, and I'm gonna knock his punk azz out anyway". If he loses, he can keep making that claim all the way to the bank. If he wins, he can still say whatever he wants, with the win the icing on the cake.

    I don't know if Manny is on anything or not. I don't think it matters. If Mayweather is a better boxer, he'll out skill Manny. I think he is afraid to lose the fight. On the flipside, Manny saying he is at a disadvantage if he gives a blood sample before the fight makes him look like a crybaby.
  32. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really fail to see this point. How does having a less skilled athlete make for better competition?

    Conditioning for boxing and conditioning for MMA are two completely different beasts and are nowhere comparable.
    Youre right, boxers are more conditioned. Show me a boxer whose 38 with a beer gut and wins solely on looping overhead punches, as a "world champ."

    Anyways, imagine seeing the best minds of chess playing each other on a smaller board with less pieces. It would be much more challenging to outsmart the opponent and be in a position to beat them. Their moves must be that much smarter and the margin for error is definintly smaller. Same concepts apply to boxing.

    Also, it really helps its not packed with a bunch of tools who walk in the ring with the gayest mean mugs on, weird facemasks, asian **** everywhere. I mean, who the **** honestly howls? That **** made me roll my eyes so hard I was sore the next morning. Its just a show and pretty stupid and definitely a fad that will end in the coming years.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Youre right, boxers are more conditioned. Show me a boxer whose 38 with a beer gut and wins solely on looping overhead punches, as a "world champ."

    Anyways, imagine seeing the best minds of chess playing each other on a smaller board with less pieces. It would be much more challenging to outsmart the opponent and be in a position to beat them. Their moves must be that much smarter and the margin for error is definintly smaller. Same concepts apply to boxing.

    Also, it really helps its not packed with a bunch of tools who walk in the ring with the gayest mean mugs on, weird facemasks, asian **** everywhere. I mean, who the **** honestly howls? That **** made me roll my eyes so hard I was sore the next morning. Its just a show and pretty stupid and definitely a fad that will end in the coming years.
    And the truth comes out. Face it; you're sport is, and has been, dying for years and it is because of the huge egos and greed. Boxing is like horse racing now as in that it is only relevant for the huge events that happen 3x/year. Old boxing fans are amongst the most arrogant and ignorant combat sports fans because they think their art is the paramount and everything else is just rubbish.

    Sadly, your own example of Chuck Liddell is actually a great example of how MMA is completely unique and cannot be compared to any other combat sport. Yes, he is not the most "technically" sound fighter, but, with the combination of his wrestling and power, he was able to become a champion. The gloves in and of themselves change the nature of the sport and many of the defensice boxing techniques used would either not work, set them up for a TD, or, worse for them, a HK or knee.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    And the truth comes out. Face it; you're sport is, and has been, dying for years and it is because of the huge egos and greed. Boxing is like horse racing now as in that it is only relevant for the huge events that happen 3x/year. Old boxing fans are amongst the most arrogant and ignorant combat sports fans because they think their art is the paramount and everything else is just rubbish.

    Sadly, your own example of Chuck Liddell is actually a great example of how MMA is completely unique and cannot be compared to any other combat sport. Yes, he is not the most "technically" sound fighter, but, with the combination of his wrestling and power, he was able to become a champion. The gloves in and of themselves change the nature of the sport and many of the defensice boxing techniques used would either not work, set them up for a TD, or, worse for them, a HK or knee.
    Boxing fans are bad. Apparently you missed the boat, Ive never seen a bigger gathering of tools than MMA fans. Period. Boxing isnt dying. Its still 10 times the size of MMA. Dont kid yourself. Its like saying Austin is going to overtake New York in size becuase Austins basically doubled in size since 1990. Ruh-tard.

    The only thing sad about the Chuck Liddell example is that a damn near 40 year old man can ride what basically amounts to a gimmick to big wins. Lesnar trained in MMA for how long before being a "world champ?" Thats pathetic, not admirable. Boxing isnt "combat" its a fighting SPORT. You want real fighting? Go watch Navy SEALs train.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Boxing fans are bad. Apparently you missed the boat, Ive never seen a bigger gathering of tools than MMA fans. Period. Boxing isnt dying. Its still 10 times the size of MMA. Dont kid yourself. Its like saying Austin is going to overtake New York in size becuase Austins basically doubled in size since 1990. Ruh-tard.

    The only thing sad about the Chuck Liddell example is that a damn near 40 year old man can ride what basically amounts to a gimmick to big wins. Lesnar trained in MMA for how long before being a "world champ?" Thats pathetic, not admirable. Boxing isnt "combat" its a fighting SPORT. You want real fighting? Go watch Navy SEALs train.
    There is absolutely zero logic in your argument. Go ahead and keep adding straw man elements so it's easier to defend your position.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  36. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There is absolutely zero logic in your argument. Go ahead and keep adding straw man elements so it's easier to defend your position.
    Dont toss out fallacies like youre some kind of scholar. There's plenty of logic. Your "sport" is a joke. It takes nothing but physical prowess and a gimmick.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Dont toss out fallacies like youre some kind of scholar. There's plenty of logic. Your "sport" is a joke. It takes nothing but physical prowess and a gimmick.
    Oh, the irony. Funny how you bring that up after the personal attack. Wait, I see you deleted that comment.

    You're from the old guard of boxing and refuse to look at the other elements of FIGHTING beyond just striking. Everyone loves to bring up Lesnar's success as "proof" that anyone can become a champion in MMA, yet they constantly forget his 20+ years of wrestling experience. His success is founded in that and, if size alone made you a champion, then Bob Sapp would be undefeated. You're speaking from a position of ignorance and arrogance.

    Attacking a sport to discredit it is in and of itself a fallacy as you have not provided any actual logic to show that it is not a sport. Wrestling is a sport, BJJ is a sport, Muay Thai is a sport, judo is a sport, yet, somehow, when these are combined they are not a sport anymore? Where's the logic in that statement.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4914

    Reputation

    You guys still trying to figure out if shampoo or conditioner is better? Let it rest - both sports have actual merit and both require talent, skill, strategy, conditioning, and luck. No need to measure wangs lol. Whichever sport you enjoy most that's which ones better... for you.


    Edit know what I like best about MMA?

    This VVV
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  39. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    664

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Oh, the irony. Funny how you bring that up after the personal attack. Wait, I see you deleted that comment.

    You're from the old guard of boxing and refuse to look at the other elements of FIGHTING beyond just striking. Everyone loves to bring up Lesnar's success as "proof" that anyone can become a champion in MMA, yet they constantly forget his 20+ years of wrestling experience. His success is founded in that and, if size alone made you a champion, then Bob Sapp would be undefeated. You're speaking from a position of ignorance and arrogance.

    Attacking a sport to discredit it is in and of itself a fallacy as you have not provided any actual logic to show that it is not a sport. Wrestling is a sport, BJJ is a sport, Muay Thai is a sport, judo is a sport, yet, somehow, when these are combined they are not a sport anymore? Where's the logic in that statement.
    Lesnar failed in the NFL despite his wrestling expierience. I dont care if he did wrestle even. Usain Bolt is a great runner. Should he be able to play soccer? Football? Etc? No. And so on.

    Should you be able to start any sport, with all its SUPER HARDCORE INTRICACIES and unique fighting styles and master it in...under 3 years...what a joke. That is outright pathetic. I wonder why Lesnar didnt box? The purses for the heavyweight champ fights you dont even hear are about 10 times or so what he made in his last championship winning purse. When you pull from all those fighting styles, you just get undertrained sloppy fighters and it makes for loose and bloody competitions but MMA is sloppy and a fad.

    Again, if you think real fighting is what is the pinnacle of "combat sports," then you couldnt like MMA. It still has rules. Ive seen real fights with broken arms, etc, been through military schools etc. Its really not that cool.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,003
    Rep Power
    917966

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Lesnar failed in the NFL despite his wrestling expierience. I dont care if he did wrestle even. Usain Bolt is a great runner. Should he be able to play soccer? Football? Etc? No. And so on.

    Should you be able to start any sport, with all its SUPER HARDCORE INTRICACIES and unique fighting styles and master it in...under 3 years...what a joke. That is outright pathetic. I wonder why Lesnar didnt box? The purses for the heavyweight champ fights you dont even hear are about 10 times or so what he made in his last championship winning purse. When you pull from all those fighting styles, you just get undertrained sloppy fighters and it makes for loose and bloody competitions but MMA is sloppy and a fad.

    Again, if you think real fighting is what is the pinnacle of "combat sports," then you couldnt like MMA. It still has rules. Ive seen real fights with broken arms, etc, been through military schools etc. Its really not that cool.
    You really need to do some more research. Lesnar was the last that year and the reason was his age as he was 28 at the time and hadn't played football in a decade. At that age he was too old to spend the time to develop him as a player.

    Again, you insist on attacking the sport as though it strengthens your argument. Weren't you the one that, albeit briefly before you deleted it, brought up ad hominem? Also, at which point did anyone call Lesnar a master? Would you call any of the top-5 HWs currently competing a "master?" I highly doubt that you would considering the horrible state that boxing is in because of the promoters.

    Your position is that MMA is not a real sport because it is aesthetically unpleasing to you. That sounds like a pretty arrogant position to me. You might be a tad more convincing if you kept out the personal attacks, did some more research, and kept out the fallacies within your argument. The greatest irony is that not once have I stated that boxing is not a real sport; all I stated was that it is in a horrible mess right now and that, IMO, it is not the pinnacle of striking arts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Manny VS MOney Mayweather
    By TipTopShape in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. Mosley Vs Mayweather
    By TipTopShape in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 12:16 AM
  3. Steve Rosen Accuses AIPAC
    By lutherblsstt in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in