Mayweather accuses Manny of juicing...

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Mayweather Jr. and Sr. accused Manny of juicing and now both are being sued by Manny. Worse of all the fight probably wont happen... I think Mayweather is just afraid to fight someone who's not going to let him win on points. /discuss

* Article from Irony reigns if Pacquiao-Malignaggi is made - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

Irony reigns if Pacquiao-Malignaggi is made
Martin Rogers

By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports Dec 26, 3:38 pm EST

Follow Martin Rogers on Twitter at @mrogersyahoo

It is the most bizarre of sagas, a spasmodically woven tale of speculation, innuendo, litigation and public feuding, and boxing awaits its outcome with feverish anticipation. The political, legal and tactical wrangling that has overshadowed what is supposed to be 2010’s greatest battle, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao, has often been so outlandish that it could not have been scripted.
Paulie Malignaggi (above) publicly insinuated that Manny Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs.
(John Gichigi/Getty Images)

Yet the emergence of Paulie Malignaggi as Pacquiao’s proposed next opponent, as the Filipino’s promoter, Bob Arum tries to take a step back from what is rapidly degenerating into a twisted mess with Mayweather, is merely serving to provide the greatest contradiction and irony of the entire story.

It was late on Christmas Eve that Pacquiao’s publicist revealed his client would seek legal action against Mayweather and Mayweather’s father Floyd Sr. for actions and comments which suggested Pacquiao had used performance-enhancing drugs.

Hours earlier, Arum had already instigated moves for a substitute bout for his star, assuming that his group and Mayweather’s would never reach common ground on the type of drug testing to be implemented for the proposed March 13 showdown.

The choice of Malignaggi, however, is the ultimate paradox in this extraordinary situation, one which looks increasingly likely to rob the sport of a once-in-a-generation contest between the men widely acclaimed as the finest two pound-for-pound boxers on the planet.

Malignaggi, who re-entered the world title picture by defeating Juan Diaz in a rematch earlier this month, spoke out vigorously recently, using an interview with Boxing Truth Radio to publicly insinuate that Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs.

“Look at what Manny is doing,” said Malignaggi on the program. “He is absolutely crushing world-class killers. And here he is, this little midget.

“He gets a broken eardrum and he is walking around afterwards like he was dodging spitballs. There are things out there that can do that.

“You are hiding under a rock if you can’t see what I am talking about. This is a guy who was life and death with Juan Manuel Marquez at 120 pounds, and now he has got 15 -17 pounds of muscle on him. Look at how short he is. He didn’t get taller, did he?”

With the chance to make millions by fighting Pacquiao now on the table, it is highly unlikely Malignaggi will be so outspoken in the future.

But, in a telephone interview with Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday, the 29-year-old reiterated his position on the subject.

At that time, Pacquiao had not yet issued his legal writ and despite the ongoing dispute, it still appeared the Mayweather fight would probably be made.

When I questioned him about the response his initial comments during the radio interview had generated, Malignaggi responded emphatically.

“Money generates greed,” he said. “Manny Pacquiao makes a lot of money for a lot of people. This is an issue that people don’t address because there is too much money to be made.” When discussions turned to how rumors that linked Pacquiao with drugs had started because of the way the pound-for-pound king had retained his power while climbing through the weight divisions, Malignaggi said: “I think it is pretty obvious.

“People don’t like what I said, but I tried to educate people. But they don’t want to hear it.

“People get killed in boxing, literally not symbolically, so this is an issue that has to be taken seriously. Records are getting destroyed.

“I never knew people could be so stupid. I say what people are scared to say. Why doesn’t boxing want to talk about this?

“Instead I get people coming after me for it, vilifying me, asking why I am doing this. Money always talks. But this is something we should be talking about as well.”

The argument between Pacquiao and Mayweather has centered upon the drug-testing methods to be used in the lead-up to the fight.

Mayweather’s team demanded Olympic-style United States Anti-Doping Agency guidelines that would allow for random blood testing up until two days before the bout.

Pacquiao’s advisors agreed to unlimited urine tests, but did not want blood testing within a month of the fight for fear it would weaken their boxer – who is also said to be frightened of needles.

Malignaggi spoke of a “cover up” and likened the way Pacquiao has remained clear of implication to the Major League Baseball scandal of the late 1990s.

“Major League Baseball knew that more home runs equaled more fans,” said Malignaggi. “Boxing knows Manny Pacquiao destroying bigger guys is a phenomenon. But it is too good to be true, like all those home runs were.

“So it is all covered up and it won’t be addressed.”

We probably won’t hear too much more from Malignaggi on the topic of drugs, not unless he wants to risk legal action and the collapse of what would be the biggest payday of his career.

Yet as the latest chapter of boxing’s biggest drama passes, more twists and turns will surely follow.

Whether each jagged development is merely a precursor to an eventual resolution between Pacquiao and Mayweather and the biggest fight in recent memory, or the latest example of the sport shooting itself in the foot, only time will tell.

sowthespade

Awards
Floyd trying to play with Mannys head little does he know you cant get in mannys head

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
Mayweather is afraid to fight Pacquiao,that's all there is to it!

sowthespade

Awards
idk as much as i dont like mayweather i have him edging it out. I have him winning by decision.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
idk as much as i dont like mayweather i have him edging it out. I have him winning by decision.
Truth be told, on paper, I too believe that a Mayweather decision would be the eventual outcome "IF" they fought. Nonetheless, this latest move of his still makes him a bitch. I do think he's afraid to fight someone who could possibly taint his glory, even though in an objective speculation, I think Mayweather would win to my dismay. I hate that guy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is yet another reason why boxing is in the sh!Ter

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Mayweather is a technically perfect fighter and I cant hate him because he is a physical manifestation of boxing perfection, in talent and technical skill.

Pacman has been juicing IMHO. The mayweathers arent the only ones to see it.

bigdognhb

Awards
I love Manny. Not a fan of Mayweather but he is an outstanding fighter. I just cant stand his attitude. But when Mayweather wants to go with olympic style anti-doping tests and Manny's camp refuses to to it, its going to raise some major questions

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Pacquiao’s advisors agreed to unlimited urine tests, but did not want blood testing within a month of the fight for fear it would weaken their boxer – who is also said to be frightened of needles.

What steroids can beat a urine test but not a blood test? Just for my own personal curiosity

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
This is yet another reason why boxing is in the sh!Ter
Agreed, boxing has suffered corruption (paper champs, fixed fights, match dodging) and lack of organization (title dis-unification, lack of central governing body) for practically it's entire history. It's such a shame because IMO its the sweetest science there is.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll watch K-1 way before I'll watch western boxing. More diverse styles and there is a huge initiative to actually finish the fight instead of a 12 round jab-a-thon.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I'll watch K-1 way before I'll watch western boxing. More diverse styles and there is a huge initiative to actually finish the fight instead of a 12 round jab-a-thon.
Diversity isnt synonymous for better, despite everything crammed down our throats today.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Diversity isnt synonymous for better, despite everything crammed down our throats today.
The problem is as long as boxers choose who and when they fight. those with the most to lose will avoid the guys that can beat them. Put it in any other sport and that sport would lose popularity too. What if the Lakers refused to play the Celtics, Vikings refused to play Chargers, and Longhorns refused to play Alabama etc.. Then add the dynamic of fixed games and point shaving as standard practice... The respective sports would crumble. Boxing needs strong central governance for a true revival.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
IMO, western boxing is not the paramount of striking sports.
It's true boxing is not the most skilled, or disciplined striking sport. But in the U.S it is the most storied. The champions of boxing's golden age from Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Lewis, Ali, George Forman Tommy Hearns, Ray Lenard, Haggler, Chavez, Tyson, De La Hoya etc... they were and some still are American (and Mexican) Icons, and a few are world phenomenons. Having namesakes that match or exceed that of any athlete from any sport in any era. It's sad to watch it all fall to naught.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
The problem is as long as boxers choose who and when they fight. those with the most to lose will avoid the guys that can beat them. Put it in any other sport and that sport would lose popularity too. What if the Lakers refused to play the Celtics, Vikings refused to play Chargers, and Longhorns refused to play Alabama etc.. Then add the dynamic of fixed games and point shaving as standard practice... The respective sports would crumble. Boxing needs strong central governance for a true revival.
Preaching to the choir on that one...unfortunatly, it will have to decline to a level where it would be irrelevant. I just wish all the boxing organizations would merge..but like the BCS, too many make money off it for any real change.

IMO, western boxing is not the paramount of striking sports.
It's true boxing is not the most skilled, or disciplined striking sport.
Gonna disagree on this point. I think the lack of diverse skill sets makes it a much better competition and much more competitive. Imagine how much harder chess would be with half the pieces. Not only that the conditioning from my experience and view has boxers being much more conditioned. Before it turns into a ****fest about, "OMG D0 U NO HOW H4RD IT IZ TO GRAPPUL!??!??!11!?" I think this is pretty obvious.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Preaching to the choir on that one...unfortunatly, it will have to decline to a level where it would be irrelevant. I just wish all the boxing organizations would merge..but like the BCS, too many make money off it for any real change.

Gonna disagree on this point. I think the lack of diverse skill sets makes it a much better competition and much more competitive. Imagine how much harder chess would be with half the pieces. Not only that the conditioning from my experience and view has boxers being much more conditioned. Before it turns into a ****fest about, "OMG D0 U NO HOW H4RD IT IZ TO GRAPPUL!??!??!11!?" I think this is pretty obvious.
I really fail to see this point. How does having a less skilled athlete make for better competition?

Conditioning for boxing and conditioning for MMA are two completely different beasts and are nowhere comparable.

shawn213

Awards
I don't think Manny is doing anything illegal but what if he had taken what he thought was merley a vitiman c or supplement that he doesn't know that is banned by NSCA. He would become the lastest version of Fernando Vargas.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think Manny is doing anything illegal but what if he had taken what he thought was merley a vitiman c or supplement that he doesn't know that is banned by NSCA. He would become the lastest version of Fernando Vargas.
Especially if he is getting them in the Philippines.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Manny is an International top athlete with his own legal and medical staff. To suggest that he puts anything in his body without knowing exactly what it is, what it does, how it does it, and what the boxing world and public at large would think about it - is a bit naive.

If he does somehow not know what hes taking then you would have to assume hes 1/2 as smart as Tyson. Who at that level would put complete trust in the decisions and prescriptions of their handlers? Maybe if this was 1938 and he was $30mil deep with the mafia and the Don said he had to take it lol.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Manny is an International top athlete with his own legal and medical staff. To suggest that he puts anything in his body without knowing exactly what it is, what it does, how it does it, and what the boxing world and public at large would think about it - is a bit naive.
Assuming that all pro athletes are clean and/or dirty is also naive. Testing will always be behind the drug trends.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Assuming that all pro athletes are clean and/or dirty is also naive. Testing will always be behind the drug trends.
I made no assumptions - except to say if he's taking something he knows it.

*And he's afraid of needles like Michale Jackson was afraid of little white boys. (I like Manny a hell of a lot more than I like Mayweather but who did he pay to come up with that excuse... had to be the Jackson family spin doctor or maybe an old Clinton operative)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The fact is, it's all a ploy to build up more interest in the sport that very few folks really give a crap about anymore. The fight will happen, someone will get their ass kicked and a bunch of people will make money. I say Go Manny

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fact is, it's all a ploy to build up more interest in the sport that very few folks really give a crap about anymore. The fight will happen, someone will get their ass kicked and a bunch of people will make money. I say Go Manny
I hope you're right, but I don't know. They're both rich enough and Mayweather is prideful enough to say, "screw it."

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Think about it like this... If you were Mayweather why would you want to fight Manny? You have all the money you can spend already (unless you'er Latrell Sprewell). Boxing doesn't force you to fight the #1 condender to retain your title. Most of the world thinks you'll win the fight anyway. And lastly... Manny CAN knock you the f**k out. lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Think about it like this... If you were Mayweather why would you want to fight Manny? You have all the money you can spend already (unless you'er Latrell Sprewell). Boxing doesn't force you to fight the #1 condender to retain your title. Most of the world thinks you'll win the fight anyway. And lastly... Manny CAN knock you the f**k out. lol
You said it better.

MHA

Awards
  • Established
Didn't May owe like 4 million in taxes? That the IRS was wanting to take it out of his last fight because he had not payed them? And he sold all his cars and stuff like that, right?

I think money Mays broke!

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Mayweather should fight him. He should come out and say, "I think Manny is juicing, and I'm gonna knock his punk azz out anyway". If he loses, he can keep making that claim all the way to the bank. If he wins, he can still say whatever he wants, with the win the icing on the cake.

I don't know if Manny is on anything or not. I don't think it matters. If Mayweather is a better boxer, he'll out skill Manny. I think he is afraid to lose the fight. On the flipside, Manny saying he is at a disadvantage if he gives a blood sample before the fight makes him look like a crybaby.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I really fail to see this point. How does having a less skilled athlete make for better competition?

Conditioning for boxing and conditioning for MMA are two completely different beasts and are nowhere comparable.
Youre right, boxers are more conditioned. Show me a boxer whose 38 with a beer gut and wins solely on looping overhead punches, as a "world champ."

Anyways, imagine seeing the best minds of chess playing each other on a smaller board with less pieces. It would be much more challenging to outsmart the opponent and be in a position to beat them. Their moves must be that much smarter and the margin for error is definintly smaller. Same concepts apply to boxing.

Also, it really helps its not packed with a bunch of tools who walk in the ring with the gayest mean mugs on, weird facemasks, asian **** everywhere. I mean, who the **** honestly howls? That **** made me roll my eyes so hard I was sore the next morning. Its just a show and pretty stupid and definitely a fad that will end in the coming years.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Youre right, boxers are more conditioned. Show me a boxer whose 38 with a beer gut and wins solely on looping overhead punches, as a "world champ."

Anyways, imagine seeing the best minds of chess playing each other on a smaller board with less pieces. It would be much more challenging to outsmart the opponent and be in a position to beat them. Their moves must be that much smarter and the margin for error is definintly smaller. Same concepts apply to boxing.

Also, it really helps its not packed with a bunch of tools who walk in the ring with the gayest mean mugs on, weird facemasks, asian **** everywhere. I mean, who the **** honestly howls? That **** made me roll my eyes so hard I was sore the next morning. Its just a show and pretty stupid and definitely a fad that will end in the coming years.
And the truth comes out. Face it; you're sport is, and has been, dying for years and it is because of the huge egos and greed. Boxing is like horse racing now as in that it is only relevant for the huge events that happen 3x/year. Old boxing fans are amongst the most arrogant and ignorant combat sports fans because they think their art is the paramount and everything else is just rubbish.

Sadly, your own example of Chuck Liddell is actually a great example of how MMA is completely unique and cannot be compared to any other combat sport. Yes, he is not the most "technically" sound fighter, but, with the combination of his wrestling and power, he was able to become a champion. The gloves in and of themselves change the nature of the sport and many of the defensice boxing techniques used would either not work, set them up for a TD, or, worse for them, a HK or knee.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
And the truth comes out. Face it; you're sport is, and has been, dying for years and it is because of the huge egos and greed. Boxing is like horse racing now as in that it is only relevant for the huge events that happen 3x/year. Old boxing fans are amongst the most arrogant and ignorant combat sports fans because they think their art is the paramount and everything else is just rubbish.

Sadly, your own example of Chuck Liddell is actually a great example of how MMA is completely unique and cannot be compared to any other combat sport. Yes, he is not the most "technically" sound fighter, but, with the combination of his wrestling and power, he was able to become a champion. The gloves in and of themselves change the nature of the sport and many of the defensice boxing techniques used would either not work, set them up for a TD, or, worse for them, a HK or knee.
Boxing fans are bad. Apparently you missed the boat, Ive never seen a bigger gathering of tools than MMA fans. Period. Boxing isnt dying. Its still 10 times the size of MMA. Dont kid yourself. Its like saying Austin is going to overtake New York in size becuase Austins basically doubled in size since 1990. Ruh-tard.

The only thing sad about the Chuck Liddell example is that a damn near 40 year old man can ride what basically amounts to a gimmick to big wins. Lesnar trained in MMA for how long before being a "world champ?" Thats pathetic, not admirable. Boxing isnt "combat" its a fighting SPORT. You want real fighting? Go watch Navy SEALs train.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boxing fans are bad. Apparently you missed the boat, Ive never seen a bigger gathering of tools than MMA fans. Period. Boxing isnt dying. Its still 10 times the size of MMA. Dont kid yourself. Its like saying Austin is going to overtake New York in size becuase Austins basically doubled in size since 1990. Ruh-tard.

The only thing sad about the Chuck Liddell example is that a damn near 40 year old man can ride what basically amounts to a gimmick to big wins. Lesnar trained in MMA for how long before being a "world champ?" Thats pathetic, not admirable. Boxing isnt "combat" its a fighting SPORT. You want real fighting? Go watch Navy SEALs train.
There is absolutely zero logic in your argument. Go ahead and keep adding straw man elements so it's easier to defend your position.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
There is absolutely zero logic in your argument. Go ahead and keep adding straw man elements so it's easier to defend your position.
Dont toss out fallacies like youre some kind of scholar. There's plenty of logic. Your "sport" is a joke. It takes nothing but physical prowess and a gimmick.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dont toss out fallacies like youre some kind of scholar. There's plenty of logic. Your "sport" is a joke. It takes nothing but physical prowess and a gimmick.
Oh, the irony. Funny how you bring that up after the personal attack. Wait, I see you deleted that comment.

You're from the old guard of boxing and refuse to look at the other elements of FIGHTING beyond just striking. Everyone loves to bring up Lesnar's success as "proof" that anyone can become a champion in MMA, yet they constantly forget his 20+ years of wrestling experience. His success is founded in that and, if size alone made you a champion, then Bob Sapp would be undefeated. You're speaking from a position of ignorance and arrogance.

Attacking a sport to discredit it is in and of itself a fallacy as you have not provided any actual logic to show that it is not a sport. Wrestling is a sport, BJJ is a sport, Muay Thai is a sport, judo is a sport, yet, somehow, when these are combined they are not a sport anymore? Where's the logic in that statement.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
You guys still trying to figure out if shampoo or conditioner is better? Let it rest - both sports have actual merit and both require talent, skill, strategy, conditioning, and luck. No need to measure wangs lol. Whichever sport you enjoy most that's which ones better... for you.

Edit know what I like best about MMA?

This VVV

Attachments

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Oh, the irony. Funny how you bring that up after the personal attack. Wait, I see you deleted that comment.

You're from the old guard of boxing and refuse to look at the other elements of FIGHTING beyond just striking. Everyone loves to bring up Lesnar's success as "proof" that anyone can become a champion in MMA, yet they constantly forget his 20+ years of wrestling experience. His success is founded in that and, if size alone made you a champion, then Bob Sapp would be undefeated. You're speaking from a position of ignorance and arrogance.

Attacking a sport to discredit it is in and of itself a fallacy as you have not provided any actual logic to show that it is not a sport. Wrestling is a sport, BJJ is a sport, Muay Thai is a sport, judo is a sport, yet, somehow, when these are combined they are not a sport anymore? Where's the logic in that statement.
Lesnar failed in the NFL despite his wrestling expierience. I dont care if he did wrestle even. Usain Bolt is a great runner. Should he be able to play soccer? Football? Etc? No. And so on.

Should you be able to start any sport, with all its SUPER HARDCORE INTRICACIES and unique fighting styles and master it in...under 3 years...what a joke. That is outright pathetic. I wonder why Lesnar didnt box? The purses for the heavyweight champ fights you dont even hear are about 10 times or so what he made in his last championship winning purse. When you pull from all those fighting styles, you just get undertrained sloppy fighters and it makes for loose and bloody competitions but MMA is sloppy and a fad.

Again, if you think real fighting is what is the pinnacle of "combat sports," then you couldnt like MMA. It still has rules. Ive seen real fights with broken arms, etc, been through military schools etc. Its really not that cool.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lesnar failed in the NFL despite his wrestling expierience. I dont care if he did wrestle even. Usain Bolt is a great runner. Should he be able to play soccer? Football? Etc? No. And so on.

Should you be able to start any sport, with all its SUPER HARDCORE INTRICACIES and unique fighting styles and master it in...under 3 years...what a joke. That is outright pathetic. I wonder why Lesnar didnt box? The purses for the heavyweight champ fights you dont even hear are about 10 times or so what he made in his last championship winning purse. When you pull from all those fighting styles, you just get undertrained sloppy fighters and it makes for loose and bloody competitions but MMA is sloppy and a fad.

Again, if you think real fighting is what is the pinnacle of "combat sports," then you couldnt like MMA. It still has rules. Ive seen real fights with broken arms, etc, been through military schools etc. Its really not that cool.
You really need to do some more research. Lesnar was the last that year and the reason was his age as he was 28 at the time and hadn't played football in a decade. At that age he was too old to spend the time to develop him as a player.

Again, you insist on attacking the sport as though it strengthens your argument. Weren't you the one that, albeit briefly before you deleted it, brought up ad hominem? Also, at which point did anyone call Lesnar a master? Would you call any of the top-5 HWs currently competing a "master?" I highly doubt that you would considering the horrible state that boxing is in because of the promoters.

Your position is that MMA is not a real sport because it is aesthetically unpleasing to you. That sounds like a pretty arrogant position to me. You might be a tad more convincing if you kept out the personal attacks, did some more research, and kept out the fallacies within your argument. The greatest irony is that not once have I stated that boxing is not a real sport; all I stated was that it is in a horrible mess right now and that, IMO, it is not the pinnacle of striking arts.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
You guys still trying to figure out if shampoo or conditioner is better? Let it rest - both sports have actual merit and both require talent, skill, strategy, conditioning, and luck. No need to measure wangs lol. Whichever sport you enjoy most that's which ones better... for you.

Edit know what I like best about MMA?

This VVV
wtf lol y have i not seen this before?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You really need to do some more research. Lesnar was the last that year and the reason was his age as he was 28 at the time and hadn't played football in a decade. At that age he was too old to spend the time to develop him as a player.

Again, you insist on attacking the sport as though it strengthens your argument. Weren't you the one that, albeit briefly before you deleted it, brought up ad hominem? Also, at which point did anyone call Lesnar a master? Would you call any of the top-5 HWs currently competing a "master?" I highly doubt that you would considering the horrible state that boxing is in because of the promoters.

Your position is that MMA is not a real sport because it is aesthetically unpleasing to you. That sounds like a pretty arrogant position to me. You might be a tad more convincing if you kept out the personal attacks, did some more research, and kept out the fallacies within your argument. The greatest irony is that not once have I stated that boxing is not a real sport; all I stated was that it is in a horrible mess right now and that, IMO, it is not the pinnacle of striking arts.
It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Youve seen broken **** in a ring where its safe and there are rules, refs, etc. Ive seen that **** where you didnt know if someone would stop before the other is dead. Real fighting and its consequences really are not that cool and the fact so many obessess over the pursuit of it is just more proof they havent seen real fighting, thus adding to MMAs dbag fanbase. MMA has taken the douchetool fan largely away from boxing and that has been brilliant.

If you think Im personally attacking you at basically any point, you need to rub your giney and grow up. There, theres one.

And as for Lesnar, how long had it been since he wrestled..and not WWE (lol). I dont really care how you cut it. Someone entered your sport and became the heavyweight champ in the most recognized organization in not even half a decade. You will NEVER see this in boxing. The people who are physical freaks to that extent still need a storied am career, IE Roy Jones Jr.

And to borrow a page from you, you talking about his age and being too old to develop in a sport professionally just futher proves my point that MMA is just a sloppy sport. I put it in parentheses because in the same was bass fishing is a sport, its a competition but its difficulty and worship are extremely suspect.

And I would have to call Klitshko a master of boxing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Youve seen broken **** in a ring where its safe and there are rules, refs, etc. Ive seen that **** where you didnt know if someone would stop before the other is dead. Real fighting and its consequences really are not that cool and the fact so many obessess over the pursuit of it is just more proof they havent seen real fighting, thus adding to MMAs dbag fanbase. MMA has taken the douchetool fan largely away from boxing and that has been brilliant.

If you think Im personally attacking you at basically any point, you need to rub your giney and grow up. There, theres one.

And as for Lesnar, how long had it been since he wrestled..and not WWE (lol). I dont really care how you cut it. Someone entered your sport and became the heavyweight champ in the most recognized organization in not even half a decade. You will NEVER see this in boxing. The people who are physical freaks to that extent still need a storied am career, IE Roy Jones Jr.

And to borrow a page from you, you talking about his age and being too old to develop in a sport professionally just futher proves my point that MMA is just a sloppy sport. I put it in parentheses because in the same was bass fishing is a sport, its a competition but its difficulty and worship are extremely suspect.

And I would have to call Klitshko a master of boxing.
You're just absurd. I feel like I'm talking to my 16 year old sister at this point. You're all over the place and following your argument is like following the flight of a moth. Forget it. You're practically arguing in a circle.

Oh, and you will never see a name boxer do jack **** in MMA. Their "unique and awesome talents" will get exposed in 30 seconds.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You're just absurd. I feel like I'm talking to my 16 year old sister at this point. You're all over the place and following your argument is like following the flight of a moth. Forget it. You're practically arguing in a circle.

Oh, and you will never see a name boxer do jack **** in MMA. Their "unique and awesome talents" will get exposed in 30 seconds.
Because the best boxers like making ten fold the money they would in MMA. Talent goes where the money is. Not the hype. Only washed up boxers venture to MMA.

Its ok, I used to cop out of arguments and try to act like I was still right too.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Typical boxing fan that's mad because someone else is playing in their sandbox. Is there money in boxing, of course there is, but it's all at the top and only for those with big PPV numbers. The HW champion of the world used to be a prestigious title, but it's now irrelevant because of the sport itself. The interest in boxing, as I said before, has become that of horse racing; small coverage and only around the time of the "big events" even though there is activity all throughout the year.

Honestly, I have no idea what point you're even trying to make since your thoughts are so scattered. You've gone from conditioning to money to the fans to the military to Lesnar in your position. All the while, you still come off as an elitist boxing fan and too arrogant to accept that your sport is in major, major trouble. You sound just as bad as Bob Arum or Floyd Mayweather when it comes to your "analysis" of MMA. MMA is not going to die off as it has been around for decades and is only expanded with the influx of Olympic wrestlers and ADCC champ grapplers. There's tons of money in MMA and it's only getting higher and higher. The top-10 draws in the UFC alone earn well over $1M per fight and that number is only going to grow as the sport grows. Interest creates money and the larger interest is in MMA, not boxing.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Dana White controls MMA and the 90% of MMA money. That little $1M per fight that the top light heavies get is pennies compared to what Dana is packing away. If he was as smart as he seems he would create regional franchises like the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, draft fighters the whole 9... think of it like HS/College wrestling in the way it would be an organized league (rosters, schedules etc...). It would guarantee fan and market share growth

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Dana White controls MMA and the 90% of MMA money. That little $1M per fight that the top light heavies get is pennies compared to what Dana is packing away. If he was as smart as he seems he would create regional franchises like the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, draft fighters the whole 9... think of it like HS/College wrestling in the way it would be an organized league (rosters, schedules etc...). It would guarantee fan and market share growth
I like that idea. I hate the matchmaking system for the UFC... Dana gets to choose who fights!

I'd rather see fighters earn their way into the UFC by winning a regional title of some sorts and then have a ranking system in the UFC so that they guy that earns a title shot actually gets it. As it is now, whoever is the biggest draw gets to fight - this is not how a proper sport is run.

It would be like the NBA getting rid of the playoff system and just choosing to put the Lakers against the Cavs for the title because Kobe vs LeBron would net them the most cash. WTF? That's not fair or professional.

Maybe bring back the tournament system and have fights every 8-10 weeks or something.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I like that idea. I hate the matchmaking system for the UFC... Dana gets to choose who fights!

I'd rather see fighters earn their way into the UFC by winning a regional title of some sorts and then have a ranking system in the UFC so that they guy that earns a title shot actually gets it. As it is now, whoever is the biggest draw gets to fight - this is not how a proper sport is run.

It would be like the NBA getting rid of the playoff system and just choosing to put the Lakers against the Cavs for the title because Kobe vs LeBron would net them the most cash. WTF? That's not fair or professional.

Maybe bring back the tournament system and have fights every 8-10 weeks or something.

That's an awesome idea! I love the idea of rankings but i think it should be team rankings and team titles instead of individual titles and rankings.

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards
Floyd trying to play with Mannys head little does he know you cant get in mannys head
He definitely got in Manny's head.
One of PacMan's previous loses was attributed to by his camp, via a blood test, a day prior to the lost.Manny claimed it made him weak.
Manny is spooked.Floyd was/is aware of it.
Personally,I believe Floyd is scared of getting his tail spanked.Thus,the BS tactics.

Filthy Animal

Awards
LOL. I've trained as a boxer for 6 years. And every one of the coaches I've worked with bashed on every single MMA fighter not knowing how to fight. What cracks me up is when both fighters get on the ground and start wrestlin' and huggin' and the crowd starts to boo both fighters. It's hilarious.