Mayweather accuses Manny of juicing...

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Mayweather should fight him. He should come out and say, "I think Manny is juicing, and I'm gonna knock his punk azz out anyway". If he loses, he can keep making that claim all the way to the bank. If he wins, he can still say whatever he wants, with the win the icing on the cake.

    I don't know if Manny is on anything or not. I don't think it matters. If Mayweather is a better boxer, he'll out skill Manny. I think he is afraid to lose the fight. On the flipside, Manny saying he is at a disadvantage if he gives a blood sample before the fight makes him look like a crybaby.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I really fail to see this point. How does having a less skilled athlete make for better competition?

    Conditioning for boxing and conditioning for MMA are two completely different beasts and are nowhere comparable.
    Youre right, boxers are more conditioned. Show me a boxer whose 38 with a beer gut and wins solely on looping overhead punches, as a "world champ."

    Anyways, imagine seeing the best minds of chess playing each other on a smaller board with less pieces. It would be much more challenging to outsmart the opponent and be in a position to beat them. Their moves must be that much smarter and the margin for error is definintly smaller. Same concepts apply to boxing.

    Also, it really helps its not packed with a bunch of tools who walk in the ring with the gayest mean mugs on, weird facemasks, asian **** everywhere. I mean, who the **** honestly howls? That **** made me roll my eyes so hard I was sore the next morning. Its just a show and pretty stupid and definitely a fad that will end in the coming years.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Youre right, boxers are more conditioned. Show me a boxer whose 38 with a beer gut and wins solely on looping overhead punches, as a "world champ."

    Anyways, imagine seeing the best minds of chess playing each other on a smaller board with less pieces. It would be much more challenging to outsmart the opponent and be in a position to beat them. Their moves must be that much smarter and the margin for error is definintly smaller. Same concepts apply to boxing.

    Also, it really helps its not packed with a bunch of tools who walk in the ring with the gayest mean mugs on, weird facemasks, asian **** everywhere. I mean, who the **** honestly howls? That **** made me roll my eyes so hard I was sore the next morning. Its just a show and pretty stupid and definitely a fad that will end in the coming years.
    And the truth comes out. Face it; you're sport is, and has been, dying for years and it is because of the huge egos and greed. Boxing is like horse racing now as in that it is only relevant for the huge events that happen 3x/year. Old boxing fans are amongst the most arrogant and ignorant combat sports fans because they think their art is the paramount and everything else is just rubbish.

    Sadly, your own example of Chuck Liddell is actually a great example of how MMA is completely unique and cannot be compared to any other combat sport. Yes, he is not the most "technically" sound fighter, but, with the combination of his wrestling and power, he was able to become a champion. The gloves in and of themselves change the nature of the sport and many of the defensice boxing techniques used would either not work, set them up for a TD, or, worse for them, a HK or knee.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    And the truth comes out. Face it; you're sport is, and has been, dying for years and it is because of the huge egos and greed. Boxing is like horse racing now as in that it is only relevant for the huge events that happen 3x/year. Old boxing fans are amongst the most arrogant and ignorant combat sports fans because they think their art is the paramount and everything else is just rubbish.

    Sadly, your own example of Chuck Liddell is actually a great example of how MMA is completely unique and cannot be compared to any other combat sport. Yes, he is not the most "technically" sound fighter, but, with the combination of his wrestling and power, he was able to become a champion. The gloves in and of themselves change the nature of the sport and many of the defensice boxing techniques used would either not work, set them up for a TD, or, worse for them, a HK or knee.
    Boxing fans are bad. Apparently you missed the boat, Ive never seen a bigger gathering of tools than MMA fans. Period. Boxing isnt dying. Its still 10 times the size of MMA. Dont kid yourself. Its like saying Austin is going to overtake New York in size becuase Austins basically doubled in size since 1990. Ruh-tard.

    The only thing sad about the Chuck Liddell example is that a damn near 40 year old man can ride what basically amounts to a gimmick to big wins. Lesnar trained in MMA for how long before being a "world champ?" Thats pathetic, not admirable. Boxing isnt "combat" its a fighting SPORT. You want real fighting? Go watch Navy SEALs train.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Boxing fans are bad. Apparently you missed the boat, Ive never seen a bigger gathering of tools than MMA fans. Period. Boxing isnt dying. Its still 10 times the size of MMA. Dont kid yourself. Its like saying Austin is going to overtake New York in size becuase Austins basically doubled in size since 1990. Ruh-tard.

    The only thing sad about the Chuck Liddell example is that a damn near 40 year old man can ride what basically amounts to a gimmick to big wins. Lesnar trained in MMA for how long before being a "world champ?" Thats pathetic, not admirable. Boxing isnt "combat" its a fighting SPORT. You want real fighting? Go watch Navy SEALs train.
    There is absolutely zero logic in your argument. Go ahead and keep adding straw man elements so it's easier to defend your position.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There is absolutely zero logic in your argument. Go ahead and keep adding straw man elements so it's easier to defend your position.
    Dont toss out fallacies like youre some kind of scholar. There's plenty of logic. Your "sport" is a joke. It takes nothing but physical prowess and a gimmick.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Dont toss out fallacies like youre some kind of scholar. There's plenty of logic. Your "sport" is a joke. It takes nothing but physical prowess and a gimmick.
    Oh, the irony. Funny how you bring that up after the personal attack. Wait, I see you deleted that comment.

    You're from the old guard of boxing and refuse to look at the other elements of FIGHTING beyond just striking. Everyone loves to bring up Lesnar's success as "proof" that anyone can become a champion in MMA, yet they constantly forget his 20+ years of wrestling experience. His success is founded in that and, if size alone made you a champion, then Bob Sapp would be undefeated. You're speaking from a position of ignorance and arrogance.

    Attacking a sport to discredit it is in and of itself a fallacy as you have not provided any actual logic to show that it is not a sport. Wrestling is a sport, BJJ is a sport, Muay Thai is a sport, judo is a sport, yet, somehow, when these are combined they are not a sport anymore? Where's the logic in that statement.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. You guys still trying to figure out if shampoo or conditioner is better? Let it rest - both sports have actual merit and both require talent, skill, strategy, conditioning, and luck. No need to measure wangs lol. Whichever sport you enjoy most that's which ones better... for you.


    Edit know what I like best about MMA?

    This VVV
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your fastest weight is your best weight

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Oh, the irony. Funny how you bring that up after the personal attack. Wait, I see you deleted that comment.

    You're from the old guard of boxing and refuse to look at the other elements of FIGHTING beyond just striking. Everyone loves to bring up Lesnar's success as "proof" that anyone can become a champion in MMA, yet they constantly forget his 20+ years of wrestling experience. His success is founded in that and, if size alone made you a champion, then Bob Sapp would be undefeated. You're speaking from a position of ignorance and arrogance.

    Attacking a sport to discredit it is in and of itself a fallacy as you have not provided any actual logic to show that it is not a sport. Wrestling is a sport, BJJ is a sport, Muay Thai is a sport, judo is a sport, yet, somehow, when these are combined they are not a sport anymore? Where's the logic in that statement.
    Lesnar failed in the NFL despite his wrestling expierience. I dont care if he did wrestle even. Usain Bolt is a great runner. Should he be able to play soccer? Football? Etc? No. And so on.

    Should you be able to start any sport, with all its SUPER HARDCORE INTRICACIES and unique fighting styles and master it in...under 3 years...what a joke. That is outright pathetic. I wonder why Lesnar didnt box? The purses for the heavyweight champ fights you dont even hear are about 10 times or so what he made in his last championship winning purse. When you pull from all those fighting styles, you just get undertrained sloppy fighters and it makes for loose and bloody competitions but MMA is sloppy and a fad.

    Again, if you think real fighting is what is the pinnacle of "combat sports," then you couldnt like MMA. It still has rules. Ive seen real fights with broken arms, etc, been through military schools etc. Its really not that cool.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Lesnar failed in the NFL despite his wrestling expierience. I dont care if he did wrestle even. Usain Bolt is a great runner. Should he be able to play soccer? Football? Etc? No. And so on.

    Should you be able to start any sport, with all its SUPER HARDCORE INTRICACIES and unique fighting styles and master it in...under 3 years...what a joke. That is outright pathetic. I wonder why Lesnar didnt box? The purses for the heavyweight champ fights you dont even hear are about 10 times or so what he made in his last championship winning purse. When you pull from all those fighting styles, you just get undertrained sloppy fighters and it makes for loose and bloody competitions but MMA is sloppy and a fad.

    Again, if you think real fighting is what is the pinnacle of "combat sports," then you couldnt like MMA. It still has rules. Ive seen real fights with broken arms, etc, been through military schools etc. Its really not that cool.
    You really need to do some more research. Lesnar was the last that year and the reason was his age as he was 28 at the time and hadn't played football in a decade. At that age he was too old to spend the time to develop him as a player.

    Again, you insist on attacking the sport as though it strengthens your argument. Weren't you the one that, albeit briefly before you deleted it, brought up ad hominem? Also, at which point did anyone call Lesnar a master? Would you call any of the top-5 HWs currently competing a "master?" I highly doubt that you would considering the horrible state that boxing is in because of the promoters.

    Your position is that MMA is not a real sport because it is aesthetically unpleasing to you. That sounds like a pretty arrogant position to me. You might be a tad more convincing if you kept out the personal attacks, did some more research, and kept out the fallacies within your argument. The greatest irony is that not once have I stated that boxing is not a real sport; all I stated was that it is in a horrible mess right now and that, IMO, it is not the pinnacle of striking arts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    You guys still trying to figure out if shampoo or conditioner is better? Let it rest - both sports have actual merit and both require talent, skill, strategy, conditioning, and luck. No need to measure wangs lol. Whichever sport you enjoy most that's which ones better... for you.


    Edit know what I like best about MMA?

    This VVV
    wtf lol y have i not seen this before?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You really need to do some more research. Lesnar was the last that year and the reason was his age as he was 28 at the time and hadn't played football in a decade. At that age he was too old to spend the time to develop him as a player.

    Again, you insist on attacking the sport as though it strengthens your argument. Weren't you the one that, albeit briefly before you deleted it, brought up ad hominem? Also, at which point did anyone call Lesnar a master? Would you call any of the top-5 HWs currently competing a "master?" I highly doubt that you would considering the horrible state that boxing is in because of the promoters.

    Your position is that MMA is not a real sport because it is aesthetically unpleasing to you. That sounds like a pretty arrogant position to me. You might be a tad more convincing if you kept out the personal attacks, did some more research, and kept out the fallacies within your argument. The greatest irony is that not once have I stated that boxing is not a real sport; all I stated was that it is in a horrible mess right now and that, IMO, it is not the pinnacle of striking arts.
    It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Youve seen broken **** in a ring where its safe and there are rules, refs, etc. Ive seen that **** where you didnt know if someone would stop before the other is dead. Real fighting and its consequences really are not that cool and the fact so many obessess over the pursuit of it is just more proof they havent seen real fighting, thus adding to MMAs dbag fanbase. MMA has taken the douchetool fan largely away from boxing and that has been brilliant.

    If you think Im personally attacking you at basically any point, you need to rub your giney and grow up. There, theres one.

    And as for Lesnar, how long had it been since he wrestled..and not WWE (lol). I dont really care how you cut it. Someone entered your sport and became the heavyweight champ in the most recognized organization in not even half a decade. You will NEVER see this in boxing. The people who are physical freaks to that extent still need a storied am career, IE Roy Jones Jr.

    And to borrow a page from you, you talking about his age and being too old to develop in a sport professionally just futher proves my point that MMA is just a sloppy sport. I put it in parentheses because in the same was bass fishing is a sport, its a competition but its difficulty and worship are extremely suspect.

    And I would have to call Klitshko a master of boxing.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Youve seen broken **** in a ring where its safe and there are rules, refs, etc. Ive seen that **** where you didnt know if someone would stop before the other is dead. Real fighting and its consequences really are not that cool and the fact so many obessess over the pursuit of it is just more proof they havent seen real fighting, thus adding to MMAs dbag fanbase. MMA has taken the douchetool fan largely away from boxing and that has been brilliant.

    If you think Im personally attacking you at basically any point, you need to rub your giney and grow up. There, theres one.

    And as for Lesnar, how long had it been since he wrestled..and not WWE (lol). I dont really care how you cut it. Someone entered your sport and became the heavyweight champ in the most recognized organization in not even half a decade. You will NEVER see this in boxing. The people who are physical freaks to that extent still need a storied am career, IE Roy Jones Jr.

    And to borrow a page from you, you talking about his age and being too old to develop in a sport professionally just futher proves my point that MMA is just a sloppy sport. I put it in parentheses because in the same was bass fishing is a sport, its a competition but its difficulty and worship are extremely suspect.

    And I would have to call Klitshko a master of boxing.
    You're just absurd. I feel like I'm talking to my 16 year old sister at this point. You're all over the place and following your argument is like following the flight of a moth. Forget it. You're practically arguing in a circle.

    Oh, and you will never see a name boxer do jack **** in MMA. Their "unique and awesome talents" will get exposed in 30 seconds.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're just absurd. I feel like I'm talking to my 16 year old sister at this point. You're all over the place and following your argument is like following the flight of a moth. Forget it. You're practically arguing in a circle.

    Oh, and you will never see a name boxer do jack **** in MMA. Their "unique and awesome talents" will get exposed in 30 seconds.
    Because the best boxers like making ten fold the money they would in MMA. Talent goes where the money is. Not the hype. Only washed up boxers venture to MMA.


    Its ok, I used to cop out of arguments and try to act like I was still right too.

  15. Typical boxing fan that's mad because someone else is playing in their sandbox. Is there money in boxing, of course there is, but it's all at the top and only for those with big PPV numbers. The HW champion of the world used to be a prestigious title, but it's now irrelevant because of the sport itself. The interest in boxing, as I said before, has become that of horse racing; small coverage and only around the time of the "big events" even though there is activity all throughout the year.

    Honestly, I have no idea what point you're even trying to make since your thoughts are so scattered. You've gone from conditioning to money to the fans to the military to Lesnar in your position. All the while, you still come off as an elitist boxing fan and too arrogant to accept that your sport is in major, major trouble. You sound just as bad as Bob Arum or Floyd Mayweather when it comes to your "analysis" of MMA. MMA is not going to die off as it has been around for decades and is only expanded with the influx of Olympic wrestlers and ADCC champ grapplers. There's tons of money in MMA and it's only getting higher and higher. The top-10 draws in the UFC alone earn well over $1M per fight and that number is only going to grow as the sport grows. Interest creates money and the larger interest is in MMA, not boxing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. Dana White controls MMA and the 90% of MMA money. That little $1M per fight that the top light heavies get is pennies compared to what Dana is packing away. If he was as smart as he seems he would create regional franchises like the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, draft fighters the whole 9... think of it like HS/College wrestling in the way it would be an organized league (rosters, schedules etc...). It would guarantee fan and market share growth
    Your fastest weight is your best weight

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    Dana White controls MMA and the 90% of MMA money. That little $1M per fight that the top light heavies get is pennies compared to what Dana is packing away. If he was as smart as he seems he would create regional franchises like the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, draft fighters the whole 9... think of it like HS/College wrestling in the way it would be an organized league (rosters, schedules etc...). It would guarantee fan and market share growth
    I like that idea. I hate the matchmaking system for the UFC... Dana gets to choose who fights!

    I'd rather see fighters earn their way into the UFC by winning a regional title of some sorts and then have a ranking system in the UFC so that they guy that earns a title shot actually gets it. As it is now, whoever is the biggest draw gets to fight - this is not how a proper sport is run.

    It would be like the NBA getting rid of the playoff system and just choosing to put the Lakers against the Cavs for the title because Kobe vs LeBron would net them the most cash. WTF? That's not fair or professional.

    Maybe bring back the tournament system and have fights every 8-10 weeks or something.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    I like that idea. I hate the matchmaking system for the UFC... Dana gets to choose who fights!

    I'd rather see fighters earn their way into the UFC by winning a regional title of some sorts and then have a ranking system in the UFC so that they guy that earns a title shot actually gets it. As it is now, whoever is the biggest draw gets to fight - this is not how a proper sport is run.

    It would be like the NBA getting rid of the playoff system and just choosing to put the Lakers against the Cavs for the title because Kobe vs LeBron would net them the most cash. WTF? That's not fair or professional.

    Maybe bring back the tournament system and have fights every 8-10 weeks or something.

    That's an awesome idea! I love the idea of rankings but i think it should be team rankings and team titles instead of individual titles and rankings.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight

  19. Quote Originally Posted by sowthespade View Post
    Floyd trying to play with Mannys head little does he know you cant get in mannys head
    He definitely got in Manny's head.
    One of PacMan's previous loses was attributed to by his camp, via a blood test, a day prior to the lost.Manny claimed it made him weak.
    Manny is spooked.Floyd was/is aware of it.
    Personally,I believe Floyd is scared of getting his tail spanked.Thus,the BS tactics.

  20. LOL. I've trained as a boxer for 6 years. And every one of the coaches I've worked with bashed on every single MMA fighter not knowing how to fight. What cracks me up is when both fighters get on the ground and start wrestlin' and huggin' and the crowd starts to boo both fighters. It's hilarious.

  21. The mma we see today is not the same as it was years ago, the sport is clearly still developing. If you have ever tried to learn multiple styles at once you would know how difficult it is to be very skilled at all of them. There is just simply not enough time in a day or a year, to be good at boxing, mt, jiu jitsu it takes hours of repetition and practice. You can develope "solid boxing" in six weeks, thats how long it takes to scratch the surface of the jab. MMA will progress and become more and more skilled and fights will get "boring" because fighters will encounter more and more people of the same caliber the talent gap will not be so large. Sure a pro boxer might get taken down and armbarred, but put any of MMA's best strikers and they would get KTFO by any top ten boxer probably by any pro. These sports are apples and oranges, personally id rather watch boxing or kickboxing over mma but if there is a big fight sure I will watch it. I respect mma fighters they work hard no one can deny that. MMA will be much different when all the fighters skill sets go up . Also of course Manny Pac is on **** whether it is growth hormone, whatever they guy used to be like 110 lbs lol how many people go up in weight 40lbs and get stronger and more athletic while conditioning for boxing?? Something is wrong. Pac needs floyd for his legacy but floyd doesnt need pac. Nobody gives a **** about pac vs clottey. Mosley vs Mayweather now that is a fight! And to say that pac will beat floyds ass, lol that is hilarious money may will win by decision no prob. Floydd has a mouth but who has been able to shut him up??

  22. While you say Pac is juicing on HGH or some type of steroids. NOTE this. Floyd Mayweather started his career at 106lbs. Same as Pacquiao. The highest Pacquiao has ever weighed in was 144lbs with breakfast and lunch. Also, 144lbs is about the weight he goes in to every fight even when he was a featherweight or lightweight. Mayweather went up in weight faster than Pacquiao going as high up to 154lbs. And I'm pretty sure they're career's are the same span. Pacquiao started when he was just a malnourished boxer at the age of 16. Mayweather started at what, 17-18? Pacquiao is 31 and Mayweather is 32 I'm sure if Pacquiao is juicing then Mayweather Jr. is also juicing. I mean, seriously. Pacquiao's training regime is so intense they have to give him 6 meals a day consuming as high as 8,500 calories with 5 protein shakes in 1 day. If surely, IF he was on steroids then Pacquiao would be HUGE consuming all those kind of calories. Surely, Mayweather Jr. is on some of steroids as well. Along with Xylocaine he's been using for years. The Mayweather's are just threatened and jealous filled with envy. They're not on the top of boxing anymore and they are willing to stoop to the low of low's just to defame Pacquiao of baseless steroid accusations. I mean, seriously. What has urine not picked up that blood can? Actually, these bloods test NEVER found any HGH in any Olympic athelete ever recorded. Pac has passed all the test he's been given.

  23. May is not the only one to accuse pac man of this. As far as consuming 8500 cal why isnt he huge? Why is michael phelps 500lbs? not all most the cals he takes in prolly get burned... Mayweather started boxing younger than 14, floyd still IS on top, id bet a dollar that the may mosley fight does astronomicaly better than pac vs clottey. Do you work for manny lol they are not defaiming anyone it is mayweathers right to request this (or whatever else he wants) without may pac's "legacy' is half of what it would be if they fought. what if olympic athletes said no? They are not asking him to give a pint of blood. Pac is an amazing fighter no doubt, is he a floydd mayweather of course not.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by shawn213 View Post
    Lol that's one rich bitch.
    Yeah he is. Once Manny sues him, he's gonna say goodbye to his riches.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Manny VS MOney Mayweather
    By TipTopShape in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
  2. Mosley Vs Mayweather
    By TipTopShape in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 01:16 AM
  3. Steve Rosen Accuses AIPAC
    By lutherblsstt in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Log in
Log in