1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    You guys still trying to figure out if shampoo or conditioner is better? Let it rest - both sports have actual merit and both require talent, skill, strategy, conditioning, and luck. No need to measure wangs lol. Whichever sport you enjoy most that's which ones better... for you.

Edit know what I like best about MMA?

This VVV
    wtf lol y have i not seen this before?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You really need to do some more research. Lesnar was the last that year and the reason was his age as he was 28 at the time and hadn't played football in a decade. At that age he was too old to spend the time to develop him as a player.

Again, you insist on attacking the sport as though it strengthens your argument. Weren't you the one that, albeit briefly before you deleted it, brought up ad hominem? Also, at which point did anyone call Lesnar a master? Would you call any of the top-5 HWs currently competing a "master?" I highly doubt that you would considering the horrible state that boxing is in because of the promoters.

Your position is that MMA is not a real sport because it is aesthetically unpleasing to you. That sounds like a pretty arrogant position to me. You might be a tad more convincing if you kept out the personal attacks, did some more research, and kept out the fallacies within your argument. The greatest irony is that not once have I stated that boxing is not a real sport; all I stated was that it is in a horrible mess right now and that, IMO, it is not the pinnacle of striking arts.
    It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Youve seen broken **** in a ring where its safe and there are rules, refs, etc. Ive seen that **** where you didnt know if someone would stop before the other is dead. Real fighting and its consequences really are not that cool and the fact so many obessess over the pursuit of it is just more proof they havent seen real fighting, thus adding to MMAs dbag fanbase. MMA has taken the douchetool fan largely away from boxing and that has been brilliant.

If you think Im personally attacking you at basically any point, you need to rub your giney and grow up. There, theres one.

And as for Lesnar, how long had it been since he wrestled..and not WWE (lol). I dont really care how you cut it. Someone entered your sport and became the heavyweight champ in the most recognized organization in not even half a decade. You will NEVER see this in boxing. The people who are physical freaks to that extent still need a storied am career, IE Roy Jones Jr.

And to borrow a page from you, you talking about his age and being too old to develop in a sport professionally just futher proves my point that MMA is just a sloppy sport. I put it in parentheses because in the same was bass fishing is a sport, its a competition but its difficulty and worship are extremely suspect.

And I would have to call Klitshko a master of boxing.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.44%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    It has nothing to do with aesthetics. Youve seen broken **** in a ring where its safe and there are rules, refs, etc. Ive seen that **** where you didnt know if someone would stop before the other is dead. Real fighting and its consequences really are not that cool and the fact so many obessess over the pursuit of it is just more proof they havent seen real fighting, thus adding to MMAs dbag fanbase. MMA has taken the douchetool fan largely away from boxing and that has been brilliant.

If you think Im personally attacking you at basically any point, you need to rub your giney and grow up. There, theres one.

And as for Lesnar, how long had it been since he wrestled..and not WWE (lol). I dont really care how you cut it. Someone entered your sport and became the heavyweight champ in the most recognized organization in not even half a decade. You will NEVER see this in boxing. The people who are physical freaks to that extent still need a storied am career, IE Roy Jones Jr.

And to borrow a page from you, you talking about his age and being too old to develop in a sport professionally just futher proves my point that MMA is just a sloppy sport. I put it in parentheses because in the same was bass fishing is a sport, its a competition but its difficulty and worship are extremely suspect.

And I would have to call Klitshko a master of boxing.
    You're just absurd. I feel like I'm talking to my 16 year old sister at this point. You're all over the place and following your argument is like following the flight of a moth. Forget it. You're practically arguing in a circle.

Oh, and you will never see a name boxer do jack **** in MMA. Their "unique and awesome talents" will get exposed in 30 seconds.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're just absurd. I feel like I'm talking to my 16 year old sister at this point. You're all over the place and following your argument is like following the flight of a moth. Forget it. You're practically arguing in a circle.

Oh, and you will never see a name boxer do jack **** in MMA. Their "unique and awesome talents" will get exposed in 30 seconds.
    Because the best boxers like making ten fold the money they would in MMA. Talent goes where the money is. Not the hype. Only washed up boxers venture to MMA.

Its ok, I used to cop out of arguments and try to act like I was still right too.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.44%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Typical boxing fan that's mad because someone else is playing in their sandbox. Is there money in boxing, of course there is, but it's all at the top and only for those with big PPV numbers. The HW champion of the world used to be a prestigious title, but it's now irrelevant because of the sport itself. The interest in boxing, as I said before, has become that of horse racing; small coverage and only around the time of the "big events" even though there is activity all throughout the year.

Honestly, I have no idea what point you're even trying to make since your thoughts are so scattered. You've gone from conditioning to money to the fans to the military to Lesnar in your position. All the while, you still come off as an elitist boxing fan and too arrogant to accept that your sport is in major, major trouble. You sound just as bad as Bob Arum or Floyd Mayweather when it comes to your "analysis" of MMA. MMA is not going to die off as it has been around for decades and is only expanded with the influx of Olympic wrestlers and ADCC champ grapplers. There's tons of money in MMA and it's only getting higher and higher. The top-10 draws in the UFC alone earn well over $1M per fight and that number is only going to grow as the sport grows. Interest creates money and the larger interest is in MMA, not boxing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Dana White controls MMA and the 90% of MMA money. That little $1M per fight that the top light heavies get is pennies compared to what Dana is packing away. If he was as smart as he seems he would create regional franchises like the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, draft fighters the whole 9... think of it like HS/College wrestling in the way it would be an organized league (rosters, schedules etc...). It would guarantee fan and market share growth
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    Dana White controls MMA and the 90% of MMA money. That little $1M per fight that the top light heavies get is pennies compared to what Dana is packing away. If he was as smart as he seems he would create regional franchises like the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, draft fighters the whole 9... think of it like HS/College wrestling in the way it would be an organized league (rosters, schedules etc...). It would guarantee fan and market share growth
    I like that idea. I hate the matchmaking system for the UFC... Dana gets to choose who fights!

I'd rather see fighters earn their way into the UFC by winning a regional title of some sorts and then have a ranking system in the UFC so that they guy that earns a title shot actually gets it. As it is now, whoever is the biggest draw gets to fight - this is not how a proper sport is run.

It would be like the NBA getting rid of the playoff system and just choosing to put the Lakers against the Cavs for the title because Kobe vs LeBron would net them the most cash. WTF? That's not fair or professional.

Maybe bring back the tournament system and have fights every 8-10 weeks or something.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    I like that idea. I hate the matchmaking system for the UFC... Dana gets to choose who fights!

I'd rather see fighters earn their way into the UFC by winning a regional title of some sorts and then have a ranking system in the UFC so that they guy that earns a title shot actually gets it. As it is now, whoever is the biggest draw gets to fight - this is not how a proper sport is run.

It would be like the NBA getting rid of the playoff system and just choosing to put the Lakers against the Cavs for the title because Kobe vs LeBron would net them the most cash. WTF? That's not fair or professional.

Maybe bring back the tournament system and have fights every 8-10 weeks or something.

That's an awesome idea! I love the idea of rankings but i think it should be team rankings and team titles instead of individual titles and rankings.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.92%

Quote Originally Posted by sowthespade View Post
    Floyd trying to play with Mannys head little does he know you cant get in mannys head
    He definitely got in Manny's head.
    One of PacMan's previous loses was attributed to by his camp, via a blood test, a day prior to the lost.Manny claimed it made him weak.
    Manny is spooked.Floyd was/is aware of it.
    Personally,I believe Floyd is scared of getting his tail spanked.Thus,the BS tactics.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

LOL. I've trained as a boxer for 6 years. And every one of the coaches I've worked with bashed on every single MMA fighter not knowing how to fight. What cracks me up is when both fighters get on the ground and start wrestlin' and huggin' and the crowd starts to boo both fighters. It's hilarious.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.77%

The mma we see today is not the same as it was years ago, the sport is clearly still developing. If you have ever tried to learn multiple styles at once you would know how difficult it is to be very skilled at all of them. There is just simply not enough time in a day or a year, to be good at boxing, mt, jiu jitsu it takes hours of repetition and practice. You can develope "solid boxing" in six weeks, thats how long it takes to scratch the surface of the jab. MMA will progress and become more and more skilled and fights will get "boring" because fighters will encounter more and more people of the same caliber the talent gap will not be so large. Sure a pro boxer might get taken down and armbarred, but put any of MMA's best strikers and they would get KTFO by any top ten boxer probably by any pro. These sports are apples and oranges, personally id rather watch boxing or kickboxing over mma but if there is a big fight sure I will watch it. I respect mma fighters they work hard no one can deny that. MMA will be much different when all the fighters skill sets go up . Also of course Manny Pac is on **** whether it is growth hormone, whatever they guy used to be like 110 lbs lol how many people go up in weight 40lbs and get stronger and more athletic while conditioning for boxing?? Something is wrong. Pac needs floyd for his legacy but floyd doesnt need pac. Nobody gives a **** about pac vs clottey. Mosley vs Mayweather now that is a fight! And to say that pac will beat floyds ass, lol that is hilarious money may will win by decision no prob. Floydd has a mouth but who has been able to shut him up??
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%

While you say Pac is juicing on HGH or some type of steroids. NOTE this. Floyd Mayweather started his career at 106lbs. Same as Pacquiao. The highest Pacquiao has ever weighed in was 144lbs with breakfast and lunch. Also, 144lbs is about the weight he goes in to every fight even when he was a featherweight or lightweight. Mayweather went up in weight faster than Pacquiao going as high up to 154lbs. And I'm pretty sure they're career's are the same span. Pacquiao started when he was just a malnourished boxer at the age of 16. Mayweather started at what, 17-18? Pacquiao is 31 and Mayweather is 32 I'm sure if Pacquiao is juicing then Mayweather Jr. is also juicing. I mean, seriously. Pacquiao's training regime is so intense they have to give him 6 meals a day consuming as high as 8,500 calories with 5 protein shakes in 1 day. If surely, IF he was on steroids then Pacquiao would be HUGE consuming all those kind of calories. Surely, Mayweather Jr. is on some of steroids as well. Along with Xylocaine he's been using for years. The Mayweather's are just threatened and jealous filled with envy. They're not on the top of boxing anymore and they are willing to stoop to the low of low's just to defame Pacquiao of baseless steroid accusations. I mean, seriously. What has urine not picked up that blood can? Actually, these bloods test NEVER found any HGH in any Olympic athelete ever recorded. Pac has passed all the test he's been given.
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.77%

May is not the only one to accuse pac man of this. As far as consuming 8500 cal why isnt he huge? Why is michael phelps 500lbs? not all most the cals he takes in prolly get burned... Mayweather started boxing younger than 14, floyd still IS on top, id bet a dollar that the may mosley fight does astronomicaly better than pac vs clottey. Do you work for manny lol they are not defaiming anyone it is mayweathers right to request this (or whatever else he wants) without may pac's "legacy' is half of what it would be if they fought. what if olympic athletes said no? They are not asking him to give a pint of blood. Pac is an amazing fighter no doubt, is he a floydd mayweather of course not.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.06%

Quote Originally Posted by shawn213 View Post
    Lol that's one rich bitch.
    Yeah he is. Once Manny sues him, he's gonna say goodbye to his riches.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Manny VS MOney Mayweather
    By TipTopShape in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
  2. Mosley Vs Mayweather
    By TipTopShape in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 01:16 AM
  3. Steve Rosen Accuses AIPAC
    By lutherblsstt in forum Politics
    Replies: 0