Fantasy Football Wideout Help...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok,

I plan to start Fitz as my WR1, but am worried if Lienart starts over Warner. It hurt me last wk.

I need to start 3 WR's. Besides Fitz here are my choices. List in order who you would start and why. Right now I have Fitz, Garcon, Chambers in the slots...What be your thoughts??

Pierre Garcon, WR (IND) vs TEN
Chris Chambers, WR (KC) vs DEN
Kenny Britt, WR (TEN) @ IND
Calvin Johnson, WR (DET) @ CIN
Michael Crabtree, WR (SF) @ SEA

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
*Bump*

No thoughts/advice?

wannaBstud

Awards
stick with Fitz and Garcon. Indy will have to pass to beat Tenn. personally i might take crabtree over chambers but chambers has put up decent numbers since becoming a chief. I would prefer crabtree against the hawks compared to chiefs going up against champ and the broncos secondary.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks, yeah it looks like Warner will be starting so Fitz fr sure and Garcon as well. It's my WR#3 that I'm really torn about. I had Manningham and Burleson, but I've been getting kinda burned by them lately and all of the above have been sitting on hte bench and pulling better numbers.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
*Bump*

Anyone else?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I personally like Calvin tomorrow for the simple fact he's supposedly fully healthy and it's possible they fall behind and go to the air a ton. He is risky though because the bengalslike to run a bracket coverage on the other team's number 1 that has really shut some people down. However, I personally tend to look for a large volume of potential targets and that's what Calvin should see if they get down a few td's quickly.

Chambers is tricky because he will likely see a real good amount of champ bailey; however, he is clearly thriving in the number 1 role in KC. I'd be cautious though as I don't see him being good enough to dominate a good pass defense with a bullseye on his secondary. I can see that game being fairly low scoring.

Kenny britt has been very good in the last few weeks with justin gage out, but I am not sure if he will be back?? I'd actually consider starting Britt if Gage is still hurt. Vince young has actually been passing pretty well as of late, and Britt is also a nice big goalline target. Colts secondary also has some injuries, and against the Colts there is again some possibility of falling behind and being forced to air it out.

I would actually be inclined to bench garcon first personally. He is obviously in a great offense, but he is the most likely of all your receivers to get lost in the shuffle with Wayne, Clark, Addai, etc. and not get the looks to put up a serviceable stat line. It's not that Garcon is incapable of having a big game, but rather he is just less likely than your other receivers that are primary targets.

Crabtree could be useful- he is putting up at minimum decent yardage totals every week and seattle's pass defense has been very vulnerable. He has had an unfortunate lack of touchdowns though (I believe only 1? Vernon Davis is taking them all).

Hopefully warner plays because Fitzgerald brings a level of consistency that is unmatched as far as receivers go- I believe he had over 20 straight games with at least 7 fantasy points before last week, so Leinart is bad news.

My take- Fitzgerald, Calvin, and Britt if Gage is out, otherwise Crabtree. Receivers are tough to pick, but your best bet is to go with the guys who will get the looks

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, it's been tough all season. Fitz has been my only good consistent wideout. The rest of my team is set. Hell I have Rivers, Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, and Vernon Davis

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yeah, receivers are a lot tougher to predict than backs. I was thrilled when I was able to trade marshawn lynch, reggie bush, and randy moss for vincent jackson and ronnie brown about 5 weeks ago. Ronnie brown got hurt after one game and vincent jackson has disappeared while moss has been insane. Even moss's bad game last monday was better than anything jackson has done recently

My other receivers are calvin, chambers, and braylon edwards, so I feel your frustration! You got a real nice looking team though, you'll be in good shape

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fitz, Garcon, & Chambers.

Chambers was a bust, but Garcon and Fitz did good. Hell, everyone did good except Chambers.

This wk I am looking to start Fitz, Megatron, and Garcon, but may put Britt in for Garcon because of Denver. Not sure, what do you think?

Oh and Arizona's D or the Jets D? I dropped Pitts because they are a bunch of damn bums right now.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Fitz, Garcon, & Chambers.

Chambers was a bust, but Garcon and Fitz did good. Hell, everyone did good except Chambers.

This wk I am looking to start Fitz, Megatron, and Garcon, but may put Britt in for Garcon because of Denver. Not sure, what do you think?

Oh and Arizona's D or the Jets D? I dropped Pitts because they are a bunch of damn bums right now.
I agree with your receiver picks. If Calvin doesn't show signs of being slowed by the bad knee anymore and Daunte Culpepper looks at least semi-competent, I probably wouldn't sit him the rest of the way. Seems like teams are really rolling coverage over towards Wayne, so Garcon is a solid play this week.

I would pick the Jets D based on the matchup against Tampa Bay over Arizona vs San Fran. Josh Freeman has had a few terrible games whereas Alex Smith has been quite good lately and seems to be keeping INT's to a minimum

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok... are the colts going to rest Garcon early before the playoffs or just the other starters??................ Is Fitz going to be good to go and will Warner get his **** together so Fitz can get some points?...............without Stafford is Megatron worth it or will Cullpepper screw it up?..................Gage is back, but Britt still seems to have the helm?............Crabtree is consistent, but not always high points??.............Garcon, Fitz, and Johnson all got me crap for points this last wk and Britt/Crabtree did good, but were benched. Who should I start?????? I'm freaking out.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you good on your picks this week?
I didn't start Garcon, thank god, he only got 1 point. So....

Fitz: Will he be healthy and will Warner get his **** together?

Britt: Gage is back, but not really starting so I'm not too worried about him stealing the looks from Britt, Young?? Will he be starting? Probably I think.

Calvin Johnson: Stafford is still out I think and that really hurts Megatron

Crabtree: has a couple high days, but otherwise is consistent at 5-6 points. Which is better than what the other as$holes have been getting me.

I need to pick 3. Right now I am leaning towards Britt, Crabtree, and Fitz.

Lately it seems that I have always been starting the wrong ones and it's the benched guys who go big. Any opinions and thought s would be greatly appreciated.

ALSO, I think I am going to start Arizona's "D" against Detroit. My other options are the Jets D vs Eagles, or Pittsburgh D against Green Bay. I'm pretty much done with the Steeler's though.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
FYI...

Fitz vs Det
Johnson vs Ari
Britt vs MIA
Crabtree vs Phi