Brett Favre

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I was one of those who thought he should have stayed retired. Boy was I wrong, the man is having arguably his best season ever at 40. You could say it's the system he's in but he's making all the throws and very few interceptions. It don't hurt that he has Adrian Peterson running the Rock (as long as he holds on to it). As a "old guy" myself, I'm rooting for him to get the MVP award.:bigok:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
lol

I agree I felt BAD for him a few years ago and thought he should have just retired.

He has GOT to be loving life especially the game against GB

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I have ALWAYS loved watching him play.

MVP and HOF'r

Vikings and Colts in the big show.

Pats put the Aints in check tonight.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a fan, only because of the way he handled the jets last year, just to protect his streak

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Not a fan, only because of the way he handled the jets last year, just to protect his streak
I think it's more the other way around, the Jets saw an opportunity and pounced on it and it just didn't work out.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree. He made sure to be out there even though he was hurt, then made excuses after the season

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uh, that's what professionals do, they play.
Not when you hurt the production of the team. I drive through NJ everyday and listen to NY sports radio, and the outcry from teamates and others tied to the organization was of his unprofessional (not team oriented) behavior.

Additionally, I am not taking awayh from his on field ability, he is argubly a top-10 qb all time, however he is a certified primadona. How many more summers are we going to have to go through the retirement issue.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Not when you hurt the production of the team. I drive through NJ everyday and listen to NY sports radio, and the outcry from teamates and others tied to the organization was of his unprofessional (not team oriented) behavior.

Additionally, I am not taking awayh from his on field ability, he is argubly a top-10 qb all time, however he is a certified primadona. How many more summers are we going to have to go through the retirement issue.
I'm definitely not a fan of his dramatics when it came to the retirement issue but my point is he is having an incredible season for any aged quarterback.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brett Favre = Awesome!

He really looks fantastic right now. I'd love to see him get the MVP.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a Favre fan and I don't care one bit about his dramatics regarding retirement. I don't really feel he's a Primadonna either. Hell, one needs to realize you help mold the team around a QB like Favre, not Favre to the team. I kinda think the whole Jets deal was a round about way for him to get to where he wanted to go in the first place, the Vikings.

And on that note... Go Chargers!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm definitely not a fan of his dramatics when it came to the retirement issue but my point is he is having an incredible season for any aged quarterback.
On this we agree, however I cannot root for him and his me first antics

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
what some of you guys have to realize is when your damn good at something, you get special privlages that others dont.

You think if Ronnie Coleman is on vacation and goes to lift at commercial gym he has to pay a fee? ha hell no.

If you have a co worker who is damn good at his job and hes 10 mins late everyday does he get away with it? hell yea.

sorry favres a good qb and uses that to his advantage. most of you if you had his talent would use it to ur advantage as much as possible.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. He made sure to be out there even though he was hurt, then made excuses after the season

On this we agree, however I cannot root for him and his me first antics

Tissue? lol

Attachments

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
he always wanted to play for the vikings...last year was just a "vacation" to him. do whatever the f*ck i want and im out and play for the vikes the following year. he played pretty reckless last year.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
MVP and HOF'r, hate all you want.

Brett is the mold in which QB's should be cast in.

40 years old and still doin it.

Lets look at his career as a whole, and not judge him by that mistake that happened with the Jets.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
he always wanted to play for the vikings...last year was just a "vacation" to him. do whatever the f*ck i want and im out and play for the vikes the following year. he played pretty reckless last year.
I think once the deal was made, he wanted to make a mark in NY. The Jets offensive system however was incompatible with Favre. When someone basically "begs" you to play for them, you kinda do what you want.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I think once the deal was made, he wanted to make a mark in NY. The Jets offensive system however was incompatible with Favre. When someone basically "begs" you to play for them, you kinda do what you want.
I agree, the Jets were not a good partner, if you will.

That happens ALOT in the NFL.

pistolgripump

pistolgripump

Awards
Honestly I don't see why any jets fan has a complaint. Farve brought the jets more exposure than they have had in years and probably more than they ever will ever have again in the near future. Not to mention I think u'd rather have a qb that plays ever game than one that goes out begging for a concussion ever game.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
24TD...3INT...2,874 yds...112 QB rating...10 wins, 1 loss

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He has been a beast this year. Even though I hate admitting that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly I don't see why any jets fan has a complaint. Farve brought the jets more exposure than they have had in years and probably more than they ever will ever have again in the near future. Not to mention I think u'd rather have a qb that plays ever game than one that goes out begging for a concussion ever game.
this actually just isnt true. Sanchez (both good and bad) has brought a great deal of press, as has the big mouth of HC Rex Ryan

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think bretts gonna stick around for another couple years

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I think he'll do one more and he's out. The body can only take so much.

I hope he garners all he can this year while the getting is good.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
One thing that helps is that so far he hasn't been beat up too bad. Last year he got hit more and harder than the previous 5 years combined.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
After last night, sota is looking pretty avg the past few weeks ... starting to wonder what is going on with then not handling weaker teams ..

It has to be certain matchups on the O line vs the opponents D line. Seems as if they cannot contend with a team with great pass rushing.

Slammer17

Slammer17

Awards
I am a huge favre fan, he needs to sit the rest of the season just by watching last nights game, he is tired and probably feeling pretty weak right now, they need him in the playoffs, he took some big hits last night from peppers. let him rest till the first week of the playoffs

sowthespade

Awards
Haaha that picture cracks me up. Brett Favre is just a bi*** in my opinion by now. Who are you to tell the coach what to do I dont care if he was the greatest sports star in all of history

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Its too bad the Favre didn't win the MVP. i thought he had a good chance.

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards
Kudos to Favre.
BEST year of his career at 40.4 more td's today.Totaling 37 vs 7 int's.
I'm pulling for him just because the naysayers were dogging him to infinity!
Even though he BLASTED my Cowboys yesterday:shock:
Hope he gets the ring.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Kudos to Favre.
BEST year of his career at 40.4 more td's today.Totaling 37 vs 7 int's.
I'm pulling for him just because the naysayers were dogging him to infinity!
Even though he BLASTED my Cowboys yesterday:shock:
Hope he gets the ring.
colts vs saints in the big show. I will be shocked if the vikings beat the aints.

tough one to pick, can go either way, but i like the colts.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
colts vs saints in the big show. I will be shocked if the vikings beat the aints.

tough one to pick, can go either way, but i like the colts.
Remember 1969...............uh, nevermind you're too young (lol) Anyway as a "old guy" I'm rooting like hell for Favre

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I was one of those who thought he should have stayed retired. Boy was I wrong, the man is having arguably his best season ever at 40. You could say it's the system he's in but he's making all the throws and very few interceptions. It don't hurt that he has Adrian Peterson running the Rock (as long as he holds on to it). As a "old guy" myself, I'm rooting for him to get the MVP award.:bigok:
I agree with you and I think the Packers are probably regretting not keeping him, and now they see that they've made a mistake.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Favre has 2-3 more years if his production remains at this level. It seems as if only a drastic injury can stop Favre at this point. I hated him when he beat the 49ers in the Play-Offs 3 years in a row but the guy is fun to watch.

Those who blame him for the loss to the Saints should also remember that the Vikings wouldn't be there if it wasn't for # 4

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think he should retire while he still has his health. But I don't know, he was so good this year that there is no reason to believe he can't compete next year.

I'm a Cardinals fan and I am happy for Kurt Warner that he retired on his own terms. Especially after he got plowed in his last game against the Saints. I'd hate to see such a good quarterback and person forced to retire due to injury.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Favre has 2-3 more years if his production remains at this level. It seems as if only a drastic injury can stop Favre at this point. I hated him when he beat the 49ers in the Play-Offs 3 years in a row but the guy is fun to watch.

Those who blame him for the loss to the Saints should also remember that the Vikings wouldn't be there if it wasn't for # 4
It's unfortunate that he threw that pick but if they didn't have 5 fumbles and 12 men in the huddle just before we wouldn't be talking about this. There's no way he should be blamed, the Saints were just the "Team of destiny" this year.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established

No one needs to blaim him for anything. They played as a team and won as a team and he did a great job as a quarterback and they literally humiliated my cowboys in the post season. :dunno:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
No one needs to blaim him for anything. They played as a team and won as a team and he did a great job as a quarterback and they literally humiliated my cowboys in the post season. :dunno:
The reason I mentioned that is because sports radio shows are blasting him for that, which means that your average "fan" will repeat what they hear from the media 9 times out of 10. Tavaris Jackson wouldn't have had this success, they would have been 9-7 with Jackson IMO and no one mentions that.