What options do I have?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
So NFL season starts soon... I can't wait... But here is the problem.
I live in Portland and they show all Seahawks games who I can't f...ing stand. Vikings is my home team and Pats is my second favorite because I'm a big fan of Randy Moss.
Direct TV got exclusive rights for NFL package. I've got Verizon at home. What do I do? Is it possible to sign up with them just for few months and get NFL package? What other options do I have?

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Go to a sports bar. Most of them order NFL Sunday Ticket and show all the games.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yea, it's one of the options. What else? Websites you can watch it live?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Hope this doesn't seem churlish, but why not just watch what you've got, for the love of the game? If you hate the 'hawks, then root for whoever's playing them - but a well-executed play is a beautiful thing, and not just when 'my team' has the ball. On virtually every team, there are committed athletes who work hard to overcome every obstacle to excellence strutting their stuff on the TV. These men deserve our appreciation for what they do, our admiration of their skills and abilities, whatever their uniform.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll watch *anyone* play football - just 'cause I love the game.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I went to the game last year when Randy Moss kick the **** out of Seachickens in Seattle. Good times, good times.
I see your point, BW, but don't really agree with it. I want to watch MY team play or some good game when teams fight for playoff spot or something not retarded Seahawks with 3-11 record or something playing meaningless game, knowing their season is over.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Dmitri, I did not mean you shouldn't watch the teams you like, or look forward to big games. I have teams I'm particularly fond of - and some I don't care about at all.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Ok, gotcha. Well, my point was ever since I moved from Minneapolis watching Vikings every week I'm stuck watching Seahawks. Portland is not even close to Seattle, why do they treat like it's a home team and show meaningless game esp. in the end of the season when at the same time two other teams fighting for a playoff spot, yet they wouldn't show that game.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ok, gotcha. Well, my point was ever since I moved from Minneapolis watching Vikings every week I'm stuck watching Seahawks. Portland is not even close to Seattle, why do they treat like it's a home team and show meaningless game esp. in the end of the season when at the same time two other teams fighting for a playoff spot, yet they wouldn't show that game.
I know what you mean man.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
My home team has been the Falcons, ever since the franchise started up. Before then, the CLOSEST pro team as the Washington Redskins...not exactly next-door, y'know? On the flip-side, I have NEVER liked the Cowboys. I've consistently cheered the Steelers, the Raiders (at least, when they were in Oakland), the 49ers & the Vikings. I've just as consistently booed the Rams, The Patriots, and the Saints.

That's just part of watching; the *game* is football!

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So NFL season starts soon... I can't wait... But here is the problem.
I live in Portland and they show all Seahawks games who I can't f...ing stand. Vikings is my home team and Pats is my second favorite because I'm a big fan of Randy Moss.
Direct TV got exclusive rights for NFL package. I've got Verizon at home. What do I do? Is it possible to sign up with them just for few months and get NFL package? What other options do I have?
If you can do this and don't mind dropping the couple hundred plus that it costs for Sunday ticket then do it because Sunday ticket is awesome. I'm a Chargers fan living in Ohio so it's a must for me.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got this situation as well. (Giants fan, moved from NYC to San Diego)

What I do is watch the G-Men on Fox for free when I can and go to the bar for the other weeks. Search around for Vikings bars online. There's usually a bar out there for every team, just depends on who the owner is.

I got lucky, fell into this group of Giants fans that all gets together at this one bar and dominates one area of it.