Fantasy Football 2009

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know it's still a bit early, but i wanted to get a head count of how many AM members would be interested in doing the fantasy league like last year. I'm looking to coordinate it. Post up if you are interested, and we'll go from there!

GO PATS 2009, BABY!!! :afro:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
count me in too...., I had a blast last year and came in 3rd place ;)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't mind getting into it. What website will you use? What will the scoring settings be like?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
last year we did it on yahoo, thats the only site I'll participate :thumbsup:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Cool, I do a league on yahoo...the other I do on myfantasyleague.com. That's my money league

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely going to use Yahoo again this year.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
this is not a paid league, at least it wasn't last year!

anyone interested in joining a pick'em league? thats a fun game too and you can update multiple pick'em leagues at once!

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yahoo is OK, not half as good as ESPN (for the message board capabilites at least) but it's decent.

Count me in!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yahoo is OK, not half as good as ESPN (for the message board capabilites at least) but it's decent.

Count me in!
Last time I played Yahoo was like 5 years ago, and they didn't have live stats. :wtf:

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Last time I played Yahoo was like 5 years ago, and they didn't have live stats. :wtf:
Yeah, it's pretty beat. You've gotta pay extra $$$ for live stats, whereas ESPN gives it to you for free. Plus the ESPN league message board is thread-style, with picture and video embedding capabilities, etc....whereas the Yahoo board is primitive at best. Can't embed anything, can't quote posts, can't edit posts, etc.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I'm in!!!!
Yahoo......and live tracking is free this year!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats great news i'm definitely looking forward to that... we should have a good group here
If i get Tom Brady again and then lose him in week 1, i'll be pissed, haha! That almost doomed my season last year. Thankfully, picking up Kurt Warner was a good move in the end.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
If i get Tom Brady again and then lose him in week 1, i'll be pissed, haha! That almost doomed my season last year. Thankfully, picking up Kurt Warner was a good move in the end.
I wouldn't say Tom Brady almost killed your season John... he really did... you did not make it to the playoffs! :D

it was all down kill after week 1 :laugh2:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't say Tom Brady almost killed your season John... he really did... you did not make it to the playoffs! :D

it was all down kill after week 1 :laugh2:
I finished 3rd in my other league, but you're right, it was all downhill for me in the AM league. :18:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I finished 3rd in my other league, but you're right, it was all downhill for me in the AM league. :18:
What did you end up in?

I traded Brady for Andre Johnson and Deangelo Williams before the season...How about that.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Reigning champ of the BN forum league. Out with the old and in with the new though.

As a Mets fan, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to football season already. :disappointed:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did you end up in?

I traded Brady for Andre Johnson and Deangelo Williams before the season...How about that.
I finished 3rd in one league, but like 9th in the AM league. :(

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"pick me"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANT55sJJgkc&feature=fvw"]YouTube - NFL Fantasy Files Total Collection[/ame]

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
T1, there seems to be enough interest in this years league... when do you plan to kick it off? I'm looking forward to kick some a$$ :D

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested if you still need a few to join.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I'll definitely join in on the fun again bud. :). I don't plan on doing a league again this year...too many guys check out mid way through the season unless it is a pay league...I like to play for fun...its not always about the money. Anyway, count me in and send me the link. :thumbsup:

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
T1, there seems to be enough interest in this years league... when do you plan to kick it off? I'm looking forward to kick some a$$ :D
We doing an automated draft? Should do it between mid Aug and the end of Aug.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
If its auto draft, I'm prob not interested...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want it to be a live draft for sure. I'm thinking of getting it going sometime in the second week of august. Sound good to everybody?

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I want it to be a live draft for sure. I'm thinking of getting it going sometime in the second week of august. Sound good to everybody?
Sounds good to me. Lets bounce around some possible times so we can make sure everyone is off work, etc.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
And prob late at night for the West coast guys... 9PM or so?

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm on Pacific Time, so anytime 6pm or after (9pm EST) would probably work fine for me.

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
I have tried live drafts several times and it never works. Can't get people together or it takes FOREVER!

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The move is to organize a live draft as best as possible, considering everyone's schedules...then, for the minority who can't make it, they get set to "auto draft". Chances are one of those people will wind up winning the league and we'll all bitch about it, lol.

A whole league where no one drafts their team is beat.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I have tried live drafts several times and it never works. Can't get people together or it takes FOREVER!

It is tough to get people together, but well worth it.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
The move is to organize a live draft as best as possible, considering everyone's schedules...then, for the minority who can't make it, they get set to "auto draft". Chances are one of those people will wind up winning the league and we'll all bitch about it, lol.

A whole league where no one drafts their team is beat.
That happened in my paid league last year. Some fool backed out of the draft and tried to negate the league entirely 15 minutes before the draft. I told him he could be out of the league, but I was keeping his 300 dollars. So he went ahead and said "ok" to auto-draft, and f*cking won it all.

Worst part is, he yelled at me the day after the draft for drafting "losers" like Frank Gore, McNabb, and WR Johnson...

Needless to say, he's out this year.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I'm game for 2nd week of Aug and live draft.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yea, just remember about people on the west coast and three hour difference. I'm usually available after 6pm Pacific time.