2009 Mets Thread

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Fking injuries every week it seems but I think they'll stay in the race. The homosexual Phillies are battling injuries as well plus their starting pitching sucks so it should be a fight to the finish.

JW, thoughts?

Oh and Keith Hernandez is the best.

GICH!

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Mets Team Report Jun 24, 2009

Shortstop Jose Reyes, out with a strained right hamstring tendon, took batting and infield practice with teammates Tuesday for the first time since landing on the disabled list. Reyes still is limited to walking on a treadmill and jogging in a pool chasing MILFS with Alan and drinking some coldies, but he doesn't feel ready to test the leg by running outdoors.

The Mets hope some p-rips, vikes and norcos speed up the healing process....

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Argenis Reyes is on the team.... that's one Reyes. lol

Nick Evans with a bomb today!!!

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great to see Evans and F-Mart having a good game, hope it gives them both confidence.

MrBigPR, you a big Met fan? Where from?

What do you guys think of Wright's weird year? Seems to have lost most of his power (the park plays a part, but still) is striking out a TON, yet he's still batting like .350. Stealing more bases than ever this year too, may finish with 40+.

Goes to show he's a true 5 tool guy I suppose. Gets it done in so many facets of the game. Will be a perennial All-Star and Gold Glover for years to come.:love:

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
I don't mind the lack of HR's. We all know games are won with base hits and speed. And of course pitching.

Wright and Beltran are hitting .350 and like .337 or something which is awesome in the middle of the order.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Bases loaded 1 out. No freaking runs! WTF.

K-Rod coming in to end this sh1t now.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PUT IT IN THE BOOKS! Love when Johan starts and KRod finishes.

Only 1 GB from Philly now...GO RAYS!

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Great win!

I was getting nervous when K-Rod walked 2 with 2 outs and Molina up.

Anyway 3 out 4 from the Cards. Bring on the Skankees. :dance2:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being a yankee fan from NY, I will say this to the mets, dont get too high up right now. The cards are good, not great

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
I don't care if it was the Nationals. 3 out of 4 is 3 out of 4.

Should be a good weekend series. Let's see how the Skankees fare in a real MLB ballpark and not a little league field.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Should be a good weekend series. Let's see how the Skankees fare in a real MLB ballpark and not a little league field.
+1, we needed a series W, regardless of the opponent. (although the Cards are a 1st place team)

I don't think any Met fans I know are thinking to themselves "Great...now that we beat the Cards, we're on top of the world!" We just want to get as close to Philly as possible while we're banged up and injured.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention the Nats took 2 out of 3 from the Skanks. :lmao:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

Shea Stadium was a real MLB park (btw, I own a 1964 yearbook) not $hitty field and I guarantee there will be a Championship flag at the new Yankee stadium way before $hitty field gets one. Also btw, why did the METS= (My Entire Team Sucks) fire Willie Randolph just to get the same results

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Let's spend 1.5 billion dollars on a stadium that looks just like the old one!

Idiots.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Let's spend 1.5 billion dollars on a stadium that looks just like the old one!

Idiots.
Idiots with 26 World Championships doing over 4 mil in attendance every year (something the Mets have done only once).

NovaZ

Awards
Goes to show he's a true 5 tool guy I suppose. Gets it done in so many facets of the game. Will be a perennial All-Star and Gold Glover for years to come.:love:
4 HR with the All Star break creeping up would hardly qualify someone as a 5-tool player, let alone a True 5-tool player...

Its funny how David Wright is whining about Citifield being responsible for him not hitting home runs, but those Yankees dont seem to be having problems hitting HRs in Citifield this series... 4 in two games. And Cano and Teixeira both missed HRs by less than a foot tonight...

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
4 HR with the All Star break creeping up would hardly qualify someone as a 5-tool player, let alone a True 5-tool player...
The last 4 years, Wright has had 27, 26, 30 and 33 HR's, so we know the power is there. The Citi Field walls, combined with a different approach at the plate has yielded less HR, yet he is batting .342 and has 20 SB already, so he is adjusting and remaining very productive. The RBI #'s should go up once Beltran, Delgado and Reyes are back on the basepaths.

The Triple-A Mets are frustrating to watch, but hopefully the big leaguers will be on the field again soon. Sucks, but whaddya gonna do...

RobMusta

RobMusta

Awards
haha no way, thats great

omg slane is here too! ahah

but i still cant believe you got Xd dude, out of all peeps

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Yep we got Xed! lol

It's much better here anyway.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn,
Will the Metropolitans win again this year?

Don't look now,but my "AAA" Braves on only one back of the mets and 4 out off first.

We got some good young arms and a few bats w/some pop left.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
It's a new month now, hopefully the AAA Mets can put June behind them and start winning some ballgames.

lol I know that's a lot to ask these days

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Things don't look so good for the Mets right now. Big decisions...do we wait for the injured players to come back and cross our fingers that we'll be within striking distance of the Phils or do we try to make a trade? Who we'd trade for and what we have to give up in return...I have no idea.

Was nice to see Wright hit a bomb last night. Very small brighspot in a sh!tstorm of ineptitude. I mean, did you friggin see F-Mart in CF last night? My f*cking god...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things don't look so good for the Mets right now. Big decisions...do we wait for the injured players to come back and cross our fingers that we'll be within striking distance of the Phils or do we try to make a trade? Who we'd trade for and what we have to give up in return...I have no idea.

Was nice to see Wright hit a bomb last night. Very small brighspot in a sh!tstorm of ineptitude. I mean, did you friggin see F-Mart in CF last night? My f*cking god...
I was reading today that the Mets do not care to make any big trades. Instead they are content on waiting for their injured to return.

I also read Beltran has a better outlook after his visit today in Cali. So you may not go without him.

Adams

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
I read that the Mets were interested in DeRosa but the Indians wanted Parnell which the Mets said was too much to give up.....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually feel for the mets, they are the friggin walking wounded and are still the minor league team on NY.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read that the Mets were interested in DeRosa but the Indians wanted Parnell which the Mets said was too much to give up.....
Yeah... that was the word... well worth it if you sign him to a contract after this years rental. Last night he left the game with a wrist problem... I really hope that **** aint a real problem, and just a pinched nerve or some ****. I would hate to give up a future star like Perez for nothing.

Adams

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Mets should go after Adam Dunn. He can play first and when Delgado comes back he can move to LF. They could use his power too. He hits bombs.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mets should go after Adam Dunn. He can play first and when Delgado comes back he can move to LF. They could use his power too. He hits bombs.
I will give him that.. he drives it... but he is also a strike out king. Much like Ron Howard, launches em, but puts up the Ks.

Adams

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
I don't mind his K's at this point, you can't turn down 40 HR and 100 RBIs a year. Their current lineup is littered with guys that K but don't drive the ball. Half of the lineup doesn't belong in the major leagues.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
+1 and he's one of the few guys in MLB who can drive the ball out of Citi Field consistently. Also, for all his K's, he draws a lotta BB's, so his OBP isn't bad. Wonder what we'd have to give up in return though.

Yeah DAdams, Beltran's 2nd opinion in CO went well, so hopefully he'll just rest/rehab and be back on the field after the AS break. He's still got enough votes to be the starting CF for the NL, wonder if that will taper off now that he's injured.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Put that sh1t in the books!

Pelfrey pitched his azz off and K-Rod comes in for the save!

1-0, lol. Looks like the pitchers have to shutout the other team in order to win.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, down 5-0, score 6, take the lead and asshead gives up a HR. FUK!

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
That would've been a horrible loss. Because of the way they came back down 5-0. Then F-Rod blows the save. It happens. Just happy they won.

Huge series with the Fillies. Not sure what to expect.