Lebron James

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
is the man!! That was one of the best shots i've seen. I've said it before and will say it again, he will go down in history as the best player to ever play the game.

trayhawk

trayhawk

Awards
is the man!! That was one of the best shots i've seen. I've said it before and will say it again, he will go down in history as the best player to ever play the game.
I 100% completely agree.

After Jordan, I sort of lost interest in the nba. Lebron is the sole reason I now follow it. He is a great guy, a winner, a team-first p[ayer who is never satisfied and is obsessed with improving. For his greatness and celebrity status he doesn't seem like an arrogant typical athlete. Not too mention he is a is a physical freak and incredibly talented AND elevates his game in the playoffs. what a moment!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't of said it better. He is so humble, and that's very admirable.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Well obviously we have a generation gap but MJ's shot to knock cleveland out of the playoffs will and is the greatest shot EVER in NBA playoff history, next would be MJ vs Utah.

I will agree though, for a youngin, he's very impressive but he does tend to play out of control at times where MJ was very methodical during his assassination of the nba.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If they don't get their heads into the defensive end, Orlando will knock them out...Orlando has way to many solid shooters around Howard...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, that he is an amazing player as well as a humble and mature athlete for his age. However, to me MJ is and will forever be the greatest ever

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
The only problem with this quote is that Lebron is 24. MJ would be in his second season right now and there is no way you can tell me that MJ in his second season is better than Lebron right now. I still dont know if I agree with you on the shot vs Utah being better.

Well obviously we have a generation gap but MJ's shot to knock cleveland out of the playoffs will and is the greatest shot EVER in NBA playoff history, next would be MJ vs Utah.

I will agree though, for a youngin, he's very impressive but he does tend to play out of control at times where MJ was very methodical during his assassination of the nba.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
If he stays healthy,.. I totally agree!

SENSEZFAIL

Awards
I can't wait until he gets out of Cleveland, they're locking down his potential over there.. Got him playing with a bunch of scrubs

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How many titles does he have again???

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I 100% completely agree.

After Jordan, I sort of lost interest in the nba. Lebron is the sole reason I now follow it. He is a great guy, a winner, a team-first p[ayer who is never satisfied and is obsessed with improving. For his greatness and celebrity status he doesn't seem like an arrogant typical athlete. Not too mention he is a is a physical freak and incredibly talented AND elevates his game in the playoffs. what a moment!
Why not invite him over and watch Kobe win yet ANOTHER ring??? Sure the prince has time on his hands.seeing as he could NOT lead his team to the finals.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only problem with this quote is that Lebron is 24. MJ would be in his second season right now and there is no way you can tell me that MJ in his second season is better than Lebron right now. I still dont know if I agree with you on the shot vs Utah being better.
The shot against utah not being better??????????????????? You CAN'T be serious! He won a ring behind that shot....#6 I might add.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait until he gets out of Cleveland, they're locking down his potential over there.. Got him playing with a bunch of scrubs
if he were a true champion,he'd make them "scrubs" better.He also had a BIG say in those "scrubs" coming to cleveland.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
MJ came out after his jr.year of college. if my math is correct,he was 20.that would make him 4 years in the league.He was just as flashy as the prince is now 4 years in.No difference.high scoring&dunking,with 6 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS in his future.If it wasn't for his baseball sabatical(sp).he would have 8!He loaned the rockets 2 rings.NO doubt.GREATEST player of all time.Who else could win 3 straight,take 2 FULL years off,come back and win 3 straight again???Not even debatable!!!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
MJ came out after his jr.year of college. if my math is correct,he was 20.that would make him 4 years in the league.He was just as flashy as the prince is now 4 years in.No difference.high scoring&dunking,with 6 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS in his future.If it wasn't for his baseball sabatical(sp).he would have 8!He loaned the rockets 2 rings.NO doubt.GREATEST player of all time.Who else could win 3 straight,take 2 FULL years off,come back and win 3 straight again???Not even debatable!!!
Comparing anyone to Michael Jordan is like comparing someone to Jerry Rice or Wayne Gretzky...The discussion is never about who is the best player ever...the discussion is always about who is #2. Period. Lebron will never hold a fart next to Michael Jordan and for that matter...neither will Kobe Bryant. Jordan was a global favorite. Jordan wasn't just great on the court, but off the court as well. Not saying the man was perfect, but he personified greatness in general.

Cheers!:cheers:

MikeMagz1013

Awards
Lebron needs to calm down his ego and selfishness. There are possessions that you just KNOW Lebron is gonna take a shot. He won't even look at his teammates. He needs to get off of that. That is something Michael never did. He was very mysterious in his play style. You didn't know what was coming and by the time you did it was too late. Michael and LeBron are both very cocky, but Michael didn't show that **** on the court.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I can't agree there man. MJ's shot against Utah was to END the season, playoffs, walk off with another ring. The Cleveland shot WON THE SERIES. There are only a FEW players with more than 5 rings. If we take Robert Horry out of the equation, MJ is right behind, the greatest winner in nba history Bill Russell. And, though Horry is from right down the road from me, I cannot say his is MORE significant due to the fact that he was a "ROLL PLAYER" whereas MJ was the main guy getting the glory when winning, but taking all the heat/hate when losing, and having to control the team as well.

Also, Russell, when he played, he was the biggest most intimidating player on the court, playing against men half his size until Wilt Chamberlin came along.

I might add, there was a period in there, during MJ's his first 9 years where he was the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THE COURT and averaged between 33-37pts per game while hitting over 50% from the field.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong bro' I like James, more so than Bryant. But, the difference among these "superstars" now, and MJ was that when MJ wanted to shut you down, he would not even allow you to get the ball, much less score. Both James and Kobe are the 2 most complete players right now, Wade and Melo are right behind them but NONE OF these players have the defensive mind set that Jordan had...this separates the group from his level. Let's see any of these guys come back at damn near 40yrs old and average 25pts, 5reb, 5 assist, and 1 steal a game? Those are GREAT NUMBERS for 90% of the nba.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong bro' I like James, more so than Bryant. But, the difference among these "superstars" now, and MJ was that when MJ wanted to shut you down, he would not even allow you to get the ball, much less score. Both James and Kobe are the 2 most complete players right now, Wade and Melo are right behind them but NONE OF these players have the defensive mind set that Jordan had...this separates the group from his level. Let's see any of these guys come back at damn near 40yrs old and average 25pts, 5reb, 5 assist, and 1 steal a game? Those are GREAT NUMBERS for 90% of the nba.
Today's generation is not about the pride factor and defensive abilities MJ possessed.It's the MTV,hip-hop,got get on sportscenter,get me PAID generation....the prince james domain.the GREATEST player in the game made more on a gatorade endorsement than he did actually playing ball!