Ramirez suspended for testing positive

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest...

Flyers2385

Awards
What a bullshit excuse from him too. Having done extensive research on hcg and having personal experiences just leaves me laughing whenever I read what these steroided up baseball players come up with as an excuse.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I don't know. I wouldn't think he would have used on purpose just for the sake of that? And, anyway, it is outlawed in baseball; HOWEVER, you can get a medical exemption and still use it WHILE PLAYING, so that really doesn't make sense for it to even be illegal to use while playing.

I listen to these players saying that "it sends a terrible message" but if he got a medical exemption then it's ok. If it is outlawed for a reason, it should not be allowed to be used, even with a medical exemption from baseball.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Very few people on this board should have anything negative to say about this, living in glass houses and all......................

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I can say this, any ACTIVE man that is exeriencing erectile dysfunction at his age, definitely touched some nanodrolone, remeber rafael Palmiero, I use viagara for erectile dysfunction( he also juiced). He needs HCG because his peptide hormones are horrible, because of abuse of AAS, without knowledge comes destruction with any drug. This is the reason Miguel Tejada had gyno, did not know how to combat estrogen accumalation, he thought it was fat gain lol.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
I think its unfortunate he got caught although its clearly against the rules, however i have no problem with steroid use in professional sports, if athletic perforance is the main goal the i think it is completely reasonable to take supps and compounds geared towards increasing that ability.
THAT being said there is a catch 22 to this. I dont believe for children to be hearing about steroids is necessarily a good thing, and as for the image i dont think it ruins an image but 15 year olds trying to inject e-test or downing dianabol without knowing what a PCT is, would just be terrible, and unfortunately thats basicly what it comes down to because the ignorant are protected and the knowlegable are persecuted for doing soemthign that isnt really that big of a deal.

As for the coming up with an excuse i just dismiss it because the effect it would have on young children, coming straight out and being like "oh i juice cause i wanna win and thats how it will happen", there is more skill and natural ability and hours of practice that go into being proficient at a sport than just taking steroids. And that work should not be diminished just because someone uses a hormone as an added supp to training.

And if he where to say the actual reasons why he took them, his words would just be twisted and changed and before you know it the media would be reporting that manny is supporting terrorists and dealing crack to kindergaten children, its not even worth trying to say anything about it.

This all being said there are reasons to bash and reasons why the way he acted was completely legit for his career and image.

If there was ANYONE who deserves a bashing about steroids i think the govenator should be up there, he should be supporting them he should be bringing awareness to their abilities and truths rather than all the myths that surround them.

Sorry to talk so much i have been in a library for 8 hours straight and this is my study break and i needed to talk about somethign other than human physiology haha.

Burner

Awards
Let's say he is telling the truth, how dumb do you have to be for this to happen?? Think about, he has a $40 million yearly contract, and he helps to pull in tons of cash to the franchise...with all that money and all the controversy that has been in around in baseball (sports for that matter) you would think SOMEONE would check to see if a drug your injecting into your body is on the banned list....i mean guys are getting in trouble for things sold at GNC supposedly (6OXO allegedly). Manny or any player should be well aware that testing positive for anything has serious consequences even if you arent trying to cheat. Is the banned list kept secret or hard to get a hold of??? Do they only let you have a quick glance and say "sorry, hope you saw/remember everything". NO! Just check the dang list!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This sucks for him, he's not gonna get paid a hefty chunk of that contract due to the suspension. It's a damn shame the media has demonized steroids. I've heard people say they'd rather have their kids use meth over steroids because "The roidz are like the devil"

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
This sucks for him, he's not gonna get paid a hefty chunk of that contract due to the suspension. It's a damn shame the media has demonized steroids. I've heard people say they'd rather have their kids use meth over steroids because "The roidz are like the devil"

That's the point exactly, while they have their 10-20 cigarettes a day, etc. I'm just waiting for one of the old-timers from my day to fess up and tell what was really used back in 60's and 70's by some of the guys so some of these media folks can get over their self-righteousness.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's the point exactly, while they have their 10-20 cigarettes a day, etc. I'm just waiting for one of the old-timers from my day to fess up and tell what was really used back in 60's and 70's by some of the guys so some of these media folks can get over their self-righteousness.
Not only that but the media acts as if guys in the Babe Ruth era were saints. These guys were drinking in the prohibition era, which isn't bad but it was illegal. It's also known that the old timers used a lot of amphetamines, which is also performance enhancing but where are the critics ?

The lack of quality pitching is also a part of the equation IMO. No one even lets a pitcher go past 7 innings these days ! I used to throw 7 innings in high school most of the time for Christ's sake.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
What I find funny is that he is being suspended for the most ridiculous of reasons. The guy has a legit problem and is taking a drug that is prescribed to help him with his disorder. Now while it may be possible it could give him some kind of performance boost on the diamond its not going to be a big enough difference to matter. What sucks for Manny now...his personal life has been invaded upon. I personally don't see what the big F*cking deal is. Hell the guy has ED...So he may swing a big bat on the diamond, but off of it...he has no bat to swing.

If your going to suspend players for this garbage the game to me has become a complete joke. For all the baseball purists out there...how do we know that the players of old didn't use some type of performance enhancement drugs? Thats right....you don't know and its impossible to know. Just because player takes performance enhancing drugs does not necessarily mean it is going to make him better. Its like the media is trying to take all the talent away from a player when they take a performance enhancing drug. Most of the guys who have been caught are guys that were hall of fame caliber players long before all this steroid sh*t. Yes the players did a stupid thing, but by no means should that diminish their ability and talent. That is what I get pissed off at. Barry Bonds was already hall of fame material before getting into the steroid and HGH scene. Clemens was great with the Red Sox alone. They made poor choices, but they were not two of the greatest players to ever play on the baseball diamond regardless of the controversy.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
the media is just jellous that they are nerds with low test levles. while some of us are testosterone beasts! and others juice to become testosterone beasts!!!!! the media is always jellous. ****ING BETA MALES!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I can say this, any ACTIVE man that is exeriencing erectile dysfunction at his age, definitely touched some nanodrolone, remeber rafael Palmiero, I use viagara for erectile dysfunction( he also juiced). He needs HCG because his peptide hormones are horrible, because of abuse of AAS, without knowledge comes destruction with any drug. This is the reason Miguel Tejada had gyno, did not know how to combat estrogen accumalation, he thought it was fat gain lol.
Miguel Tejada HAD gyno? WHen did he have surgery? Arod still has gyno, BAD!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
A-Rod was believed to have picked up gynecomastia from steroids.

I read from a source that the Yankee coaches nicknamed him "bitch tits" after coming back from an offseason with 15 pounds of muscle added with gyno. :p

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Babe Ruth certainly used and abused alcohol and women and I would not be surprised if he used cocaine and speed. You don't have a mad alcohol problem and show up and play day after day without some performance enhancement. JMHO.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
A-Rod was believed to have picked up gynecomastia from steroids.

I read from a source that the Yankee coaches nicknamed him "bitch tits" after coming back from an offseason with 15 pounds of muscle added with gyno. :p
NO WAY THATS CRAZY!!!!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
You can't tell? Look up arod on SNL. You will see his gay man chest.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
You can't tell? Look up arod on SNL. You will see his gay man chest.
I looked up a picture, there's only one shirtless one I found on the conventional yahoo image search, it appears he definitely has a case of gynecomastia

I have it too; however, mine was every since I was a kid. I just have puffy nipples.

gatoralum

Awards
He deserved it anyways. Look what he did in Cleveland and Boston. Classless.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Very few people on this board should have anything negative to say about this, living in glass houses and all......................
Especially with a glass vial of HCG!

But c'mon, those of us who use hcg never signed a contract to NOT use hcg!

Big difference.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
what does hcg do? why is it banned if you an use it with doctors permition? what if you are on TRT? can you use perscribed test by a doctors permission? LOL

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
what does hcg do? why is it banned if you an use it with doctors permition? what if you are on TRT? can you use perscribed test by a doctors permission? LOL
For old farts like me with low test (200-300 total test / 330-900 Quest normal), it helps the body produce test naturally. It can also be used in conjunction with exo test in TRT to keep your balls from completely shutting down. All this is done under a doctors supervision, of course. The goal is to restore a mid to high normal test range (works for me - now around 800 - and I feel great). Thank you Dr. Shippen!

For young, gifted athletes in their prime like professional baseball players, whose natural test production is probably already at - or close to- the highest point in their lives, HCG could only be used for 2 things, to boost those test levels even higher, - to supraphysiological levels, way off the Quest "normal" chart (which is what Manny's first urine sample showed), OR to restore his natural test production after a steriod cycle shut him down. Either approach violates Baseball's Drug Policy by giving you an unfair edge (ie cheating) no matter what doctor he found to write him a script or what excuse he used to get it.

This was so obvious the case with Manny that he didn't even appeal the decision.

To me, Manny always looked pretty much the same - muscular and strong - though I never actually thought he was juicing up. I really thought he was a "natural".
So now I wonder - was he doing this all along??

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Manny is awesome.

I'm glad he'll be playing ball in the big leagues soon!

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
manny was funny when he threw his pads at the ump